1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Comp / Tech I can't live without it!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dawn, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I'm sure this is a question many of us have had our parents pose to us, and whilst we've confidently asserted that yes, we COULD live without our technology if we had to, if we're honest with ourselves, it would be more difficult than we realise, if not impossible...right?

Be honest - could you live without your personal electronics? No TV, games consoles, laptop, internet, phone? Have you ever tried to go without your gadgetry? How did it go? What would you do if you didn't have these things?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I Am Okay To Live With Computer Time To Time. But For Phone, Nope. And I Have A Ultimate Backup If Any Of The Electronics Is Not With Me But...The Backup Is Not Last Long...

By The Way, First Post!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Having lived most of my life without a personal cellphone, it would be a lot easier for me to live without one. Sadly, I enjoy Fire Emblem Heroes too much to be without it for too long... :sweat:

Living without a computer, however, would be far more difficult. I've never been one to play outside, and making friends was always a challenge, so while I can easily make do with books to keep my occupied my connection to others would suffer quite a bit.

4. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    If I'm being completely honest, I doubt I'd last long without a computer. If I tried, I more than likely wouldn't last more than a few days. If for some reason I couldn't use it due to a power outage or something, it may just drive me to do the unthinkable and go outside for once.

5. Toxic

Toxic Idk I'm bored

Lugia Egg
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽176.8
    To be completely honest I probably would be fine without electronics. I'd probably go out and be more active.

6. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I wouldn’t be bummed if I lost access to electronics, but it would take some getting used to. When you’ve had the ability to use a computer ever since you were little , it becomes normal a part of your life. If it did happen, I would just put more focus on my other hobbies like reading.

#6 Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  7. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I guess, I can live a certain amount of time without tech. Though it'll be very hard and I'll probably cave in sooner or later. I'd miss my games a lot. And, it became way harder to get easy access to information, when you can't access the internet, which is also a reason I wouldn't be able to live permanently without tech.

8. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I could easily live without a computer. I rarely use the one in our house anyway (only about once every few months).
    Living without a mobile phone is a bit more challenging, only because I use it a lot to listen to music through Spotify. I need music in my life, and all the stuff they play on the radio is trash :/

9. LuluRina

LuluRina Swimmer

(Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽294.5
    I can live without technology tbh

I'm hardly ever on my phone, and I usually leave all my technology behind whenever I go on trips because I'm on it too much tbh...

but then usually my family brings other technology for me to play on so it becomes null

10. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Could live without like my cellphone but not without my PC :c

11. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Would I be able to live without these things? That's what I do for a vacation! I turn off the phone, shut off and unplug the computer, and just spend a few days reading, sleeping and exercising. Which makes it sound like maybe I should live without all these modern trappings. People who have it together always seem to encourage sleep, exercise, and literature. Maybe I should do that.

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  12. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    A life without technology, so comic books and toys then? I can easily live without technology when it comes to recreation. I only use my phone to keep in touch with family and my computer is only used for gaming or posting here. I could easily switch to just looking at comic books, playing with toys, or learning to play an instrument(always wanted to learn one). So I could easily live without tech, if it wasn't for my job. My job runs on technology and I need a computer to work. From coding to typing up documents, I need tech to work. Could find a different job, but I like the idea of being an astronomer.

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  13. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Hmm that is a tough one. I think I would be fine if I was given a heads up a bit before.Considering my work as an IT tech I would need some time to find a more "grounded" job. I would resend my CV to the local animal refuge and animal care facilities to get a full time job there.

For my personal electronics, it would be a rough adjustment period but I do love reading and playing Magic the gathering so that would be plenty of entertainment for sometime.

If movies are still fine, like going to a movie theatre, even better!

#13 Aug 15, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  14. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,978.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    As someone who lives primarily with and off of electronics, I can confirm I can live without them. I've gone through extensive periods of time without using my electronics, and even if I decided I needed them recreationally I can always write as a substitute for my own entertainment.