1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

If you could change a Pokemon's colour scheme

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by AeroHail, May 27, 2017.

1. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    What Pokémon would you choose to change and what colours would you choose for them? And why? Just because it'd look better or for another reason?
    Or would you just change their shiny form?

I asked this on CK's ask thread and thought maybe this would be a good question to ask in general!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Espeon's shiny needs to be changed. I would have rather seen it in white, maybe gray, with blue accents(blue eyes and gem)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Mandriel and AeroHail like this.
  3. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I second that ^
    Also would like to change Pupitar, maybe a darker, stronger color like a dark green?

4. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    My first shiny was a Bronzor, and when I got it I was first like "OMG SHINY!" and then I thought "Really? Green?" Bronzor and Bronzong are supposed represent ancient gears and bells, so I can understand the copper oxide color, but I was thinking the shiny version could be something newer, with the bright bronze tons of newer metal.

5. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,074.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Oh man, I got a while list of pokémon's who's color I think should have been different, is mainly shiny forms tho. Out of them all I especially want to change shiny Jolteon and Arcanine's colors, why? They're this icky yellow (Arcanine) and this between color of lime and yellow (Jolteon). It is no secret I have a hate for yellow shinies, especially the earlier gens shinies because so many of them are yellow/green and do not look good with those colors.

I did a recolor of Jolteon ages ago I thought would have been a better shiny, sadly I seem to have lost, I colored the yellow/green sorta denim blue, and left the white collar fur white.

For Arcanine I'm not really sure what colors I would give it instead of that yellow, maybe a dark purple with black-ish mane perhaps.

6. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I think that Espeon has a really bad looking shiny coloration, and like Marine said, it would be neat to see it in white or grey with blue accents.

I also have a problem with Zoroark's shiny pattern. I wish it kept the same blue as Zorua, because the purple and red (with the hideous yellow orb in its fur) looks terrible. Instead, is rather see it in the Zorua's blue shiny pattern, with the orb kinda green.

7. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Druddigon needs some help, like instead of being a crayon box why not chose just blue and green or any other color...

8. An Evil Wizard

An Evil Wizard The Ironic Mage

Chef Boyardee
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.7
    Fightinium Z ★★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Beedrillite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Gengar's shiny needs some work. It's too close to it's normal color scheme. Maybe make it black with yellow eyes, or kind of like it's shiny mega version.

9. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Dragonite's shiny would be much lovelier if it wasn't that bright green. Maybe a royal purple would have been nice.

10. Aewynessa

Pidgey
    (Pidgey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽219.4
    Staff of VerityCrown of ValorBig Nugget ★★★★★
    I think that Garbodor could use some recoloration on his normal appearance. The colorful bits in his body make him look more ore-like and less trash-like. If his palette was made more drab with browns, grays, and blacks, he'd actually look like what he's supposed to be: trash.

I also think that Flareon's shiny form should change. It just looks like a fluffier Eevee as a shiny. A nice change could be to turn its collar and tail ash gray and make its body and face a gray-red. It'd be much more appealing than looking like its previous evolution.

11. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,046.2
    Shiny Garchomp is in desperate need of a new shiny coloration. It's almost impossible to tell it apart from its normal form. Perhaps a coloration based off of a Great White Shark?

12. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I'd probably change Sogaleo. The coloring doesn;t reflect the type of it at all in my mind. Maybe to something more golden?

13. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I've always wanted a white charizard with blue flames and icing blue wings. Don't ask me why I want this so bad cause even I can't figure it out. I would also like a pink butterfree to match the one from the anime. I just think it would be a nice tie in.

14. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I never liked Machoke's purple skin too much. Maybe if it had more of a bluish colour, it'll look less like the odd one out among its evolution line.

Alsol Dragonite. I dunno, it just looks kind of odd coming from Dratini and Dragonair. Maybe if it was also dark blue in colour and had a less cartoonish appearance? It'll look much more regal if that were the case.

15. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Just a few I'd like to see (All from Pokémon Reborn):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    People complain about the Zubat line both normal colored and shiny (Blue and Purple/Green and Pink for Zubat and Golbat, then Purple and Blue/Pink and Green for Crobat but I really love it.)
    However I do not like Shiny Typlosion.[​IMG]
    If I could, I would have made the red a bit more brighter (It looks like a dark/dirty pink) and turned the flames a shade of bluish white. :D

17. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    A lot of the green yellow shinies need to have their colors adjusted. People hate them while they are not even that bad. But I would like to see a lot more white, gray, and black shines.

18. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,046.2
    Pretty much any Gen VI and VII Pokémon needs a new shiny coloration. One that actually changes its entire color scheme instead of just changing one prominent color.

19. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I'd change Garchomp's shiny to something more drastic. Instead of navy blue it could be a snow white like how Zygarde, Xerneas, and Yveltal are in their shiny forms.

20. BlackSmithy

BlackSmithy Memelord Supreme

Naked Boi
    (Burmy (Cloakless))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽203.1
    Poké Ball ★Staff of VerityPhilosopher's CowlCrown of Valor
    Every single green shiny should be changed. Every single one of them. There are just too many :'(