1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Least satisfying Pokémon to use?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Which Pokémon are the least satisfying for you to use in battle?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Honestly? Any Pokémon ban listed at facilities like Battle Tower and Battle Tree. There's no point in training them up unless you're just going to use them against the Elite 4, and it's not like you can battle other players in those places as far as I'm aware. There really is no point banning anything in PvCOM that isn't banned in PvP.

Don't get me wrong, the major Legendaries and Mythical Pokémon are fun, but ultimately pointless once you've done most of the things in the game.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Kartana is really unsatisfying for me, becuase everyone can sweep wih this thing, but when I use it, it directly dies...

4. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    When I first read about Wimpod/Golisopod's ability, I thought it was fantastic. Once I get low on HP (probably because of an unfavorable type matchup), I can trade out for a more favorable Pokémon without wasting a turn? Well sign me up! In reality though, their ability is more of "get hit with a strong attack, and then turn that attack into a Circle Throw or Dragon Tail upgrade which doesn't have reduced priority". I would literally rather have an ability of "this Pokémon is always poisoned, except it can also be afflicted with other status conditions at the same time". I have never been so hyped and so let down by a Pokémon ever.

If Gen 8 changes it so that Wimpod/Golisopod's ability instead causes the withdraw to happen after you get one last attack in regardless of your speed or if they gave it to some lightning-fast Pokémon, I would change my mind entirely. But until then: These horseshoe crabs are a great disappointment to me.

5. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Imo, any legendary Pokémon. It just feels cheap to me.

6. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Dissatisfying, huh? Maybe some more useless Pokémon like the early bugs, Watchog, Unfezant, and Furret that you get early on but aren't good at all.

7. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    i really hate using zubat

8. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Box Legendaries and from the previous generations, HM slaves. Both types feel like pokémon that you need to progress in the game, but ultimately after a while they become kind of useless. I’ve also never really loved using legendaries or mythical pokémon because (and I know this is going to sound so pretentious) it feels like it takes away the whole mystery and special feeling around them. I’m not saying that we shouldn’t be able to capture legendaries in-game, but I think it feels more rare and special when I don’t use them. And housing them up in a PC box feels.a little wrong, in my opinion.

9. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Luvdisc, tried using it once in a playthrough. Never again, it was just no.

I don't really mind legends since well we actually have non-legends that are stronger than legends.

10. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    It'll sound weird, but I found using the Therian forme Kami trio in B2W2 quite unsatisfying. It was pretty cool to have them low-level at the start of the game, but they took forever to train and I eventually got bored of them.

11. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Vikavolt is just all kinds of disappointment. Makes me sad.

12. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    Crabominable for me. I loved the heck out of Crabrawler, and it carried me through a lot of my Ultra Moon journey. However, after it evolved, it never seemed to do well. It was extremely unsatisfying to use, and honestly kind of a pain.

13. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Vikavolt is one, but also really most legends.

14. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,164.0
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Aegislash. It has a cool concept but I feel disgusting when I try to use it.

15. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Magikarp. Takes forever to level up. Practically useless in battle.
    Fight me.

16. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Drampa. It’s one of my favorite Pokémon in terms of design and Pokédex entries, but it’s practically useless in battle. Crazy high Special Attack and nothing else. It’s like the special Attack equivalent to Rampardos.

17. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Any of the stronger legendaries. Feels like I'm cheating the game when I try using them.

Oh, and middle-stage starters always feel dissatisfying to use, at least from my experiences (the only exception is Brionne). I usually want them to evolve as fast as possible and I never enjoy using them much in battle.

18. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Gen 5 Pokémon that take forever to evolve, this post is a vague at tynamo.

19. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    True
    Getting this small boi to lv. 39 is pretty hard, but evolving Zweilous to Hydreigon is much more annoying imo.

20. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Freaking Zubats and Gastlys.