1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by ChocoChicken, Dec 23, 2022.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Right, so for the "dark themes"... I was thinking along the lines of genocide, gore, and graphic violence. Maybe suicide and betrayal too.

(Ironically, my fanfic does slightly border on betrayal and depicitions of violence but doesn't go into that much detail - namely the one chapter where Robyn was possessed by Grima)

@ChocoChicken

Okay! Now for the decisions here. I have no objections.

2. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Coolio.

And thanks for the warning. :thumbsup:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ChocoChicken likes this.
  3. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,607.7
    No issues with the polling results from me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    All right, everyone.
    @LassusVulpes @WavePearl @SAF @ID Zeta @122 Generation @Jupjami

On the date of roughly like the 9th of January, I'll put up the first IC post, make the thread, all that.

In the meantime, y'all can start thinking about what you want for your magic - though you don't have to keep it fixed, I'd like you to have a few ideas you can play around with.

And if you ever want examples of magic, or to clarify anything, even things not magic related, I'm right here if you want. I'm also on Discord. Go on the LV Discord and search "fletchling" and I'm sure you'll find me screaming my head off somewhere.

As for posting rules, I do NOT have a fixed turn order, so just show up when you want, but with that said, do keep bunnyhopping to a minimum - if someone is stuck in a conversation with an NPC that I'm playing, sucks to be you, I will do my best to wait until someone else joins the conversation. I know "face of the party" is a thing but please let everyone have a turn to ask the questions they want or talk to other people in between.

And if someone hasn't posted for 12 posts, hold back and let them catch up, even if you have something you want to say immediately.

Finally, I hope y'all have fun! When it happens! Which is not today ok bye

5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    #65 Jan 11, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
  6. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @SAF

(Since Kanaru's just in her nightclothes right now--a solid colored green T shirt and pale green pajama pants--I picture she'd want a robe with a similar design)

SAF likes this.
  7. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I was thinking of altering this style outfit up a bit, and making it a bit more floral.

[​IMG]

SAF likes this.
  8. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    SAF likes this.
  9. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,607.7
    Since we're posting appearances, here's what I loosely envisioned Ando's armor looked like. It wouldn't be nearly as intricate as this, but it gets the idea across.
    thing.png

SAF likes this.
  10. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Yooo, everyone has some sick outfit ideas there! Love the inspirations.

As for Lassus with some minor alterations (something more like flats rather than sneakers, and likely different materials for the top) I think everything presented here is feasible in-universe as well.

11. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    100% I’d be tweaking a lot of things.

12. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Don't forget me, Choco!
    I'd imagine Robin would wear something like a traditional martial arts robe that would help him blend in as a local (and also making him appear like some sort of student, still). Sort of like what Ip Man would wear during his time, and not quite like a Plegia City School uniform but this will do.

[​IMG]

(But Ip Man lived during the 20th century and so was his clothing style, so not sure if that's ancient enough relative to this RP)
    Name: Kanaru Yashiro (If Japanese names aren't allowed, will transform into a Chinese name)

Gender/Pronouns:
    She/her

Appearance:
    black hair, green eyes, white rainbow starburst T-shirt, black leggings, green/white/silver tennis shoes
    Name: Wakeng
    Gender/Pronouns: Male (he/him)

Appearance: black hair/eyes, moderate complexion. Slightly built but below average height. Wears a plain grey t-shirt, a black blazer and dark-coloured pants and sneakers.
    Name: Elio Moguri

Appearance: White hair, black eyes, slightly scrawny, has freckles on his face, typically dons a light blue tunic, midnight blue trousers, and brown boots.
    Name: Ando Tomonaga (name generators are a godsend)

Appearance: Short-cut brown hair, blue eyes, a bit of stubble around his mouth and on his chin. Average height, keeps himself in shape. Typically wears muted colors under his armor; he's tried his best to scrub the insignia off his armor (see Background section).
    Name: Robin

Gender/Pronouns: M

Appearance: White mop haircut and wears the winter school uniform of Plegia City School (from my Fire Emblem fanfic), which in this case is an almost-black purple blazer and trousers with a white button-up complete with a ribbon tie, and school shoes.
    Name: Li

Gender/Pronouns: F | She / Her

Appearance:
    The shining star, she was a chinese young girl who seemed to draw eyes around. Her face was small, her eyes round and bead like that of a porcelain doll. Her lips were a bright pink as if though taken from the blossoming flowers of a lily pad (it's just makeup). long silky black hair that seemed to twist and bend like birds taking flight, her bangs fold like origami braided to connect from behind her ear to the center of her forehead.She was slender, but fit around 53 Kilo (116 LBS) as well as 173 cm (5'8), C cupped breasts. She wore bandages to act as a bra of sorts, as well as a pair of shorts for cover up. Her nails are long and trimmed, painted to resemble Lotus flowers.

Her clothing was not simple...

A silky black lolita dress that hung off her breast, Spotted with bows and ribbons on the back to hold it together, a small teddy bear decal stitched on the left breast. A white button up shirt underneath with long sleeves. The dress poofed out much like a muffin liner (the thing you put in the pan when making muffins / cupcakes and the sort.) Black and white striped stockings that went slightly past her knees. Black shiny heels with white feathered bows on top. Pearly white lace gloves cover her hands up. She wore a black choker around her neck, along with a silver necklace with a small pendant.
    (Adding a list of the characters for the record here so I don't have to keep flipping between pages...)

#72 Jan 11, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
  13. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Haha, don't worry, I didn't! And as I said on Discord, I am not a history buff. I genuinely do not care what is too historically accurate. Again, this is a fantasy world, and getting hung up on historical accuracy and relevancy is not how I plan on running things. So long as the outfit isn't blatantly modern day or futuristic, it'll probably fly by me.

WavePearl likes this.
  14. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @122 Generation I hope I get this right...

Well... does FE Awakening's Robin sound familiar to Kanaru?

15. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    @WavePearl Agreed, I'm pretty sure Robin would be... Robin. (Also please keep OOC questions to the OOC thread if you can, because I am still counting that as your post in that 12-post limit.)

Also, speaking of 12 posts: @SAF @122 Generation @LassusVulpes @ID Zeta @Jupjami

Currently we're on a 12-post-without-person kinda "turn limit", so that if anyone misses a section they won't have to catch up on loads, and also so that I can get to everyone's questions at once without having to spread it out. (Basically if it's been 12 posts since someone posted, they automatically get to be next no matter what, unless they just say they're skipping the post.)

So far I personally think it's going okay, but I just want to check in with all y'all players. Is everyone else okay with this?
    Do you want the limit to be extended? Done away with? Applied only to players but not the DM (once NPCs come in)? Only lessened on the DM's end (3-4 posts before limit hits)?

Keep in mind what the current rule means is that I will be making long "response posts" where even if every single person is involved with a different NPC, they will all have to wait like roughly 4-5 other people's posts before I post every single NPC's response at once. Which means Very Long Post that could have Very Important Information.

SAF likes this.
  16. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    WHY AM I BEING PINGED FOR THIS? I'VE NOT MADE A POST IN LIKE 14 AAAAAA

17. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Honestly, idk how to get Li to move along. And Kanaru too, for that matter. :annoyed:

LassusVulpes likes this.
  18. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @122 Generation

Kanaru would have no idea, since she hasn't played Awakening. She would know that he looks like he walked out of Marth's, Roy's or Ike's stories, or that maybe he's a new character from Engage.

19. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Hey, it's not immediate. Just to check in, do you think the system is working and okay and all.

20. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Ah, then that can't be helped. But if she has played Smash Bros. 4, she will also have seen Robin there.

@ChocoChicken

My only concern is there might be some kind of undue pressure on others for not posting. Then again, it is to balance the interests of those who have posted. (And also putting some pressure on Choco to keep monitoring the posting)

WavePearl likes this.