1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by ChocoChicken, Dec 23, 2022.

1. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Speaking of FE Engage, remind me: when was the DLC featuring Emblem Chrom & Robin first announced again? Me think it'd be a fun coincidence should Wave end up predicting an Emblem Robin in the game. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    WavePearl likes this.
  2. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Sorry for double post, but I take it Kanaru's checking the bandits out?

3. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

(Yes--she is checking to see if the bandits have a decent bow that is better than her rickety makeshift one

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Ah, okay. Iirc two of them have crossbows...

...but let's wait until host @ChocoChicken posts, okay?

5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Ah, should I be up next? I was thinking if someone else wanted to make another quick post to tie the bandits up, they can do so, but if not I can cover Robin ( @122 Generation ) doing so in my turn. I'll also get the quick response to Kanaru and Ando's searches, and a response from Jared - that a good plan?

6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Come to think of it...

@Jupjami? Any response from Wakeng?

7. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Heheh... I've been slacking, haven't I?

8. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    Hey, it's not your fault for assuming there needed to be more posts in between. That stuff is more flexible and I probably should've communicated that part haha

SAF likes this.
  9. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    yeah oof, I forgot to post for the past few days… let's just imply Wakeng helped Robin tie some of the other bandits?

122 Generation likes this.
  10. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    If you want to wait out a turn or the like, just let me know + an approx number of posts you want to wait. You can also just put it here in the OOC thread, since if you tell me I'm just going to tell everyone else LMAO

11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    So I'm having a second thought about Elio's powers...
    I know Choco and I have already brainstormed about the "cat transmutationist Elio" concept, but I still can't get the "red mage Elio" part out from my head, so...

Based on the "red mage" definition above, I'd say Elio might want to try every schools of magic (well, at least the basics of each) before settling with the Vitality-Transmutation combo. If you allow it, he can even use what little Alchemist knowledge he got to pack his kitty-related buffs in bottles of potions along with some Vitality-oriented ones.
    Thoughts?

WavePearl likes this.
  12. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    Ooh, now here's the thing - dabbling in most, if not every, school of magic will really hinder the path of Elio's Vitality-Transmutation work later on. The way I'm planning on the spell system is that you'll have a limit on the number of spells you learn overall, so for every smaller spell Elio takes on he's taking away from the amount he can take on in the future.
    If you do want to spread out his skillset, early spells can fall under multiple schools at once, but again some schools are more specific than others (Summoning in particular) so also keep that in mind.
    Though, you'll be learning a couple of spells at a time, so you'll have time to consider both options (focus on Vitality+Transmutation and pick up others later, or focus on getting some of everything and remaining possibilities will go for Vitality/Transmutation).

13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Thing is, I forgot to say that results may vary for the "trying" part, so he can, say, understand a little of Alchemist but totally flunks at Battlemage (that's only one example). That's why I kinda have a plan of, at least, have him flunk at one or more things he's drabbling with IC (outside Vitality and Transmutation ofc) so he can safely say "I tried <insert a school of magic here> but it doesn't work." >:D

14. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    @SAF

I imagine that Elio would be trying out a few schools but not all. Wouldn’t he get overwhelmed? Then again, he could always settle on vitality and transmutation after. If there are little bits that might be useful, then maybe it could be a set of basic skills that every school teaches. Up to Choco, of course.

Though I wouldn’t mind seeing Elio wear a red mage hat.

SAF likes this.
  15. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    I think I can fit that into the timeline, then. I'll let you know when to cue him trying out multiple schools - usually during a segment where you'll learn a bunch of spells, although you might have to change the length of the sequence as needed. I don't want to drag out a sequence for really long if not everyone is in on it, which would defeat the point of the rule anyway.

I will tell you that Elio probably won't be able to pick up everything from the very beginning, even if he tries.

...I should probably explain and discuss the "getting spells" system I have planned right now, but I'll wait till you feel better at least. I do have to refine it anyway.

WavePearl likes this.
  16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    I take it both Kanaru and Robin took the crossbows? Like, one for each?

17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    @SAF

I've updated Robin's inventory to have one crossbow. Not sure if anyone else wants it.

18. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    Ah, so that's what that was? I'll update my log accordingly, then.

19. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    I mean, Wave did say "assuming no one else wanted--or needed them more" in that one IC post about Kanaru and the crossbows. I simply made that assumption since there's no mention from ID, Jup, or me about our characters needing the thing.

20. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    Right, makes sense, but for now I'll keep those there before anyone makes any further changes.
    In the future if y'all are takin an action please try to make it clear you're doing the action, not just intending to (unless it's an if-then reaction situation, and if so talk it out OOC as you need.)

Finally SAF I'm sorry but the fact that your Pokémon Buddy is Danny Devito is making me lose it

122 Generation, SAF and WavePearl like this.