1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Luminous (The Actual Campaign Featuring Convoluted Magic)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by ChocoChicken, Jan 8, 2023.

1. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,437.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    As soon as the Luminous acquisition was over, it took Elio awhile to readjust himself to the bright sunshine outside. He wandered around the square once again only for the yelling from Vitality stand to catch his attention. Curiosity ensued, the boy came closer to the stand only to find Cira of all people launching a verbal onslaught on... was that Dr. Hui over there?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,684.4
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Wakeng twitched, slowly opening his eyes as a muted grey light hovered in front of him. "Well that was... an experience," he muttered drily as he pondered the strange vision he saw, not unlike those hyperrealistic 10-D virtual rides he tried once or twice. Wonder what that eerie noise was about, though, he thought, then remembered the guildmaster lady's last words which sounded more like a cryptic warning than anything.

Shrugging, Wakeng looked around and noticed that most of the initiates have already left, save for a few. Noticing some familiar faces he approached the closest one, which happened to be the soldier guy. "So... any clue what to do now?" he asked; though not getting a response, the man seemingly preoccupied with his thoughts. "Ah. Well then, let's just follow the crowd."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #382 Dec 29, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 37
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,047.1
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    "You have ONE job, Alfred! And you didn't even SHOW UP for it!" Cira yelled, barely bothering to conceal her volume. "And while you were slacking off, something happened with Harvin's projects. Guild members could have seriously gotten hurt while the Vitality Master was... where the heck even were you, anyway?"

The other Master didn't react at first, but at the note of Harvin's issue, a careful onlooker could swear there was a slight raise of his brows. He muttered, "Well, call this my check-in."

"Ugh. That guy..." groaned Cira, hopping off the desk and coming face-to-face with Elio. Well, as face-to-face as one could be when one was barely above a meter tall. "Oh, hey. Sorry 'bout all that, it's just normal. We all take turns chewing him out at this point."

She blinked. "Hold on. You're the Moguri boy, aren't you? From that one party? Your pals got kidnapped during your mission? Yeah, uh, I've got something I should tell you guys. Mind comin' with me for a minute?"

(Unless your characters have any more booths they want to visit, I'll wrap this up in a post cycle or two. Also, check the OOC post - unless anyone else votes, I'm going with the requested shortening from SAF.)

@SAF @ID Zeta @WavePearl @122 Generation @Jupjami

#383 Jan 17, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
    WavePearl likes this.
  4. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,912.1
    Immediately following Olympia's announcement, Ando was funneled into a hidden chamber within the Guild hall along with the rest of the new initiates. The dim light, circular arrangement, Olympia's specific choice of the word "rite" gave off occult vibes, but he closed his eyes as instructed and mentally braced himself for whatever was about to happen.

The experience that followed was... surreal. First an empty void, then a sea of stars and tendrils of light, then a singular amber-colored light approaching, then a haunting scream as it touched him. It ended as abruptly as it began, leaving Ando struggling to make sense of it all.

Gently floating over his right shoulder was a glowing amber sphere of light no larger than his fist - his Luminous. He swore he could feel it there, despite it being immaterial. What a strange sensation. As he reemerged onto the Guild square, he wondered about what would come next... but judging by Cira shouting nearby, something told him he wouldn't have to wait very long to find out.

5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 37
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,047.1
    Cira quickly ushered the group away from the crowd, into a small corner. Her Luminous popped into view behind her, casting a quick illusion over them - it was hard to tell from the inside, but it was merely a fake scene of them talking about the weather or something equally unimportant to outwards viewers.

"So, Idra and I cracked the letter you guys found at the bandits' campsite. I'll cut to the point - it's not good. My instincts were right - you guys were sabotaged."

She lifted the paper up, a glowing translation floating off to the side that the others could easily read it.

To the Xou:

Three young males, Jinguang initiates, will appear at the north end of Lutze Forest in five days. They are likely to be armed, but not strong. They do not know they are expected - use this to your advantage, and ambush them a little ways before their destination.

Project Sunburst is still under construction, but it will be complete soon. Our informant has kept up the smuggling of Luminous-infused goods, and the core is stable. If you see her, check for any updates.

Namu Village will likely not rebuild in time. We are ahead of schedule. Keep the Jinguang numbers low, and your payment will arrive once Yangto falls to us.

Elio couldn't help but recognize the recipient, and the rest of the letter only confirmed his worries. The Xou Gang - infamous throughout southern Juayang, but only threats while travelling. At least, that was until a while back. Until the Namu ransacking.

"There's no signature. Of course, no one would be stupid enough to sign a message like this, but we did find something. If I had to guess, they left it behind as a warning." Cira held up a fragmented scrap of metal.

It was hard to tell what it was from - a shield, armor, or even a weapon. But the important part was the emblem, tarnished and worn, of two wolves underneath a tree.

An emblem Ando remembered in his nightmares.

@SAF @ID Zeta

WavePearl likes this.
  6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,437.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    What an impression this Master had been exuding. I mean, between getting super late to an important event and being less than enthusiastic about it, what was Dr. Hui thinking? No wonder his fellow Masters chewed him out all the time -- as Cira was trying to imply, at least.

And then Elio's presence caught the Bard Master's attention. All he could muster up was one "Yeah?" per question only for her to usher everyone to somewhere a little private-ish. It was there when Cira revealed that the mission from the other day had been sabotaged all along. The letter Ando had found at the bandits' campsite proved her point. Its recipient? The Xou.

Oh dear.

The Moguri boy shuddered while reading the letter. It was the Xou Gang that had wrecked his home village in the first place -- and the letter implied that it's just the beginning. And yes, the incident itself had successfully torn families and friends apart. Elio couldn't help but to remember his own family: father, mother, and little sister. Oh, sweet Celine...

WavePearl likes this.
  7. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    On one hand, Robin was amused at the banter between Cira and Alfred. Judging from the way Cira reacted, it seemed like this wasn't the first time that Alfred was yelled at. If anything, he looked like he was used to it by now. Furthermore, Cira made a point that Alfred was chewed more than once.

Then Robin found himself in a corner with the others as Cira projected a Luminous to explain the situation. He silently listened to Cira read out words that made Robin wonder what he had waded into. Sabotaging? Smuggling? Ambush? Maybe an imminent attack? Whatever the case was, it looked like Cira had intercepted a plot against Yangto and the Jinguang Guild.

Moreover, Robin wondered who wrote this letter. First off, it was addressed to the bandits - or possibly mercenaries - as if they were just for-hire and nothing much more. That led Robin to surmise that the real enemy was the one who wrote this letter. Whoever it was, Elio looked like he had an idea who it might be. The look on Elio's face told Robin than he was suddenly worried - for whatever reason that may be. Even then, Robin stayed silent as he wasn't sure what more he could say at this time.

8. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,912.1
    Sure enough, Cira had something to tell Ando and his companions. It was about the letter he'd recovered from the bandit camp not too long ago. Its translated contents were rather cryptic. He had a passing familiarity with the Xou Gang - they threatened travelers in the south, but he knew little else about them.

Cira then held up the scrap of metal, and Ando's breath caught in his throat.

He snatched the metal from her hands, as if he had to feel it to believe what he was seeing. Though warped and tarnished, the emblem emblazoned on it was unmistakable. If his companions had taken a good look at Ando's armor during their trip through the forest, they would've seen the very same emblem on his breastplate - or what little remained of it after his attempts to remove it.

"I know this symbol," he eventually said as he handed the scrap back to Cira. "And I'm almost certain I know who wrote that letter."

ChocoChicken and WavePearl like this.
  9. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 37
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,047.1
    @ID Zeta

Cira paused at Ando's reaction, raising a brow. But tactfully, for once, she didn't ask further as she took the scrap back and pocketed it alongside the letter. "If you're willing to share the details, make it quick. They'll notice if 'me' at the stand hasn't talked in a while."

"As for the rest of ya, if I'll be honest, the whole 'informant' thing is what's buggin' me most. If they have a steady supply of Luminous-based goods they could smuggle out, it's very likely it could be someone in this very guild. Any ideas?"

@Jupjami @WavePearl @SAF @122 Generation

10. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 31
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,731.8
    @ChocoChicken

Kanaru froze--the thought of accusing someone she knew in this world made her shudder.

"Well, do we have any possible suspects?" Hopefully the concept of 'innocent before proven guilty' still applied in this world.

11. ID Zeta

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,912.1
    "A warlord based in southern Juayang," Ando answered Cira. "The self-proclaimed 'Iron Wolf'... Okuda Shinobu." He took a breath to calm his nerves. "The emblem on that scrap of metal is evidence enough, but how the letter ended speaks of something only he would be ambitious enough to try."

What this "Project Sunburst" could be was a mystery. Whatever it was, it made the warlord confident enough to want to challenge Yangto itself, meaning it couldn't be good.

12. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 37
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,047.1
    "Hm. Far south?" Cira paused. "I'll note that down. Unfortunate part is, we can't exactly waltz in there spells blazing. Technically, that state's still part of our country, and I'm not exactly looking to plunge Juayang into civil war. Not without Olympia's agreement, at least. And it looks like you don't have any ideas on who the traitor is, either."

"But that doesn't mean we're not doing anything. I had Harvin use some of the last Alchemist Master's techniques to track down the signal on that stuff. And I know he messes up sometimes, but he did successfully identify a base deeper into Lutze Forest. I'll be headed there in about three days. Since it legally shouldn't be there, it's wouldn't be illegal to break in there either, you agree?"

Her tone changed: a little less harsh, but still just as serious. "And that's where you come in. What I'm saying is - consider this a commission directly from Yangto's top investigator. You can help me scout out that base, clear out everything we can, and hopefully learn a little more about what all this means."

"I know it's a little above your pay grade, considering you just got your Luminous literally five minutes ago. But this is a high-level request directly from me, so both the pay and the Jinguang Competition points will be scaled accordingly. And Yangto's security could lie in the balance." She looked each of them in the eyes, likely searching for the confidence the mission required. "So. Do ya accept this job?"

#392 Jan 20, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2024
    122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,437.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Still, why does it have to be the Xou?" Elio muttered only to realize that most of his new teammates might not know about what he was even talking about. "Ah, right. The Xou Gang, one of the travelers' biggest threats in the south. Dunno why, but they were the ones wrecked my hometown," his voice was a bit shaky at the second sentence. But judging from the way Cira's and Ando's conversation was heading, there had to be a mastermind behind all this mess and the Bard Master was about to infiltrate a base... with the group as her assistants. Wait, what?

Elio gulped at the prospect of helping a Master out as his first official job. Sounded a bit much, but should be worth it with the Jinguang Competition still going strong. With that in mind and if it meant they could get the bottom of this case at least one baby step at a time, the Moguri boy accepted the job despite not entirely sure what it entailed.

#393 Jan 22, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
  14. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    Robin sweatdropped. What was this madness that he had stumbled into? From the sound of it, everyone was gearing to go to war! Or at least was doing some work one would imagine would occur in the secret service. He listened attentively to Cira's explanation about the guild having been possibly infiltrated, and now he was asked to scout out a base with only a short sword in hand and a fresh Luminous.

"So if my understanding is correct," Robin said, "you're out to dismantle the base. Are you taking any prisoners? And when are you attacking?"

On the other hand, in the back of Robin's mind, he wouldn't mind testing out his Luminous either. If he was heading out to the field, so be it. For now, at least they weren't headed to the presence of the warlord. Any sort of way to avoid the warpath would be appreciated. Maybe he could sniff out clues about a possible Luminous-smuggling ring while he was at it.

15. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,684.4
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Sounds like a mission that really shouldn't be assigned to newbies, Wakeng thought, then internally shrugged. She did say the pay would be higher; and it's bad fortune to reject your first job offer, from one of your bosses no less. "Not that there's anything else we need to do now," he remarked. "And three days should give us enough time to learn how to not die."

16. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 37
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,047.1
    @SAF @122 Generation @Jupjami

"It's what it is," Cira shrugged at Elio's comment. "As for your questions... Robin, right? Sorry for taking a peek in your brain for your name. So first, our part is the investigation, not a raid. We're just going to hop in there and get all the info we can, then I'll sic Sirenne or Idra on the cleanup. Second, knock out any Xou members that find you, and I'll take 'em back here, just like I did in the forest last week. They know what they did. And last, I said already, in three days' time. Enough for you to get in a crash course on your new Luminous, and maybe even fit some smaller jobs. Got it? Hope ya did, 'cause Idra's looking at my stand."

"But first, I have to stress this part. Keep this a secret from everyone else, okay? No need to cry doom just yet. It'll just spread panic. Pick up the job request as soon as you can - it's really just a formality so I can put it in the records. You got all that? Cool, I gotta get back to work. Illusion down in three... two..." Cira shook her head furiously, and her sudden seriousness vanished, back into her usual cheeky grin as the illusion around them disappeared.

"Right, so check the board tomorrow morning for my commission, got it? See ya!" She snapped her fingers, a burst of smoke concealed her from sight - and then she was gone. In the distance, back at the stage, one could see her leaning back in her chair smugly as if nothing had happened.

@WavePearl @ID Zeta

(Cuing next scene after 24-48 hours or 2 people respond. Next scene will be some training for spells, then we'll skip to mission morning once that's done.)

17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 31
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,731.8
    @ChocoChicken

Kanaru nodded. "I'll do my best to assist in the investigation."

And maybe, we may yet find clues as to why we are here!

18. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    Robin looked up at Cira at the mention of his name, and he didn't even introduce himself to anyone yet! That lasted a moment though as he took comfort in that he wasn't participating in any raids yet. Even so it was a still a stealth mission from what he understood, and there was some time to prepare before the actual work. He at least had no one else to talk to about this secret, so Cira needn't worry about that either.

He bowed politely before Cira disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Afterwards, he took a long look at his surroundings and wondered what the future lay in wait. Robin felt this sense of longing that he hadn't felt since arriving in this world. He wanted someone familiar he could talk to. Then his thoughts went back to Robyn. How did she cope with this? Robin imagined it was much worse for her. With nothing more to do, he decided to find his other companions and see what they were up to. If there was time, he could try experimenting with how his Luminous worked.

19. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 37
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,047.1
    The rest of the day passed without much trouble. The party spent about two or three more hours at the convention, getting all the information they needed, before sending a farewell to Jared and Travolto as they all went their separate ways. Although, despite how well everything else went, the incident at the Alchemist stand earlier still haunted the grounds, in both the wreckage and the forlorn Master.

---

The night passed fine - although it was understandable if Elio or Ando had any trouble sleeping. Come next morning, Cira's reminder to grab her commission from the main hall rang in the back of everyone's heads.

@SAF @Jupjami @WavePearl @ID Zeta @122 Generation

20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 31
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,731.8
    @ChocoChicken

The Commission Board was not so much a board as it appeared to be hundreds of papers floating around. Okay...which one of all of these is Cira's request? Kanaru wondered. The various papers all looked identical to her.

#400 Jan 24, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2024