1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Spoilers New Player Characters

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by BZRich64, Feb 27, 2019.

1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    With the new Pokémon games, naturally there are a new pair of playable characters. We don't know their official names yet, so I will refer to them as Sword (the boy) and Shield (the girl) for now. We're probably going to be able to customize them again, like in X&Y and the Gen 7 games, but I'd say its safe to assume that the designs that we saw in the announcement trailer are probably the defaults.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    The hats look a bit weird xD And the boy's bag i hecking big!
    I'm gonna pick the girl anyways, like every time
    ... Dunno if I'll try to find an original name, though... especially if I nuzlocke the game... hmmm...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    Personally I think that they're both a bit to hipster for my tastes. I already get more than enough expose to hipster culture irl, and I'm really hoping that there's more variety in how you can customize them. That being said, I do kind of like the girl a bit and I'm probably going to end up playing as her when the time comes even if that boy reminds me a bit too much of me.
    And those bags are both huge! Seriously, what's that boy have in there, a bike? Oh, wait... he probably does.

4. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Calling it again: Plaid is the new video game fashion trend of 2019. Kingdom Hearts 3 kicked it off. XD

Seriously though, I like the new looks, especially the female protagonist. :thumbsup:

5. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Yeah, can't wait to see all the hairstyles!

6. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Even if we don't get to customize, they're adorable. I love the female character so much I can't wait. <3

7. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I feel like all of the playable male characters look way too similar to each other. The female though, oh my goodness I love her design.

8. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    It's a cool design for sure. It's almost like you could put the Sun/Moon protags Elio and Selene in those clothes and the only difference between them would be trading their gray for brown eyes.
    I'd probably agree that they will be the default designs eventually.

If I ever write a story based on a journey in this region, I call dibs on naming him Roland. He looks like a Roland for sure :P

9. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    I almost always use the male character, but I might actually go for the female this time! Her design definitely stands out more to me than the male. Of course, I'm excited to see what advancements they make to the character customization.

Also, wth is his backpack. Did he put straps on a suitcase?

10. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    Both Hero and Heroine look beautiful--I can't wait to learn their names.

11. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    I am now calling these characters Arthur and Gwen, after King Arthur and Queen Guenevere, until they get official names.

12. Talarc

Talarc Swimmer

Muro
    (Whismur)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽935.8
    I approve!

Arthur's design looks a little on the bland side, but they're both pretty nice. Of course, if we get plenty of customisation options then I'll be happy regardless! As for which I'll play when the games come out, who knows - maybe I'll have to do two runs, one as each.

13. Glitxel

Mya
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽295.4
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★
    The protagonists look nice. The male character looks pretty bland though, and look at the size of that bag! Their hats also look really goofy, maybe even more so than Selene's hat in Sun and Moon. Can't wait to see how much we can customize them though and what their names are gonna be

14. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    What if the girl is named for the sword and the boy named for the shield? We could get Brandi for the girl (brand being a kind of sword), and Edmond (guardian, which evokes a shield) for the boy.

15. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    The girl looks like Ochako from My Hero LOL I think her design is great :3

upload_2019-2-28_10-52-59.jpeg

Not feelin' the boy's design yet, but maybe it'll grow on me :P We'll have to see.

16. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I couldn't care less for the male protagonist (very bland and hipsterish looking), but I love Shield girl. Honestly shes probably my favorite female protag thus far and I love her design a lot. I've seen a lot or funny fanart of her too, which makes me like her even more.