1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

TV / Movies "No, I am your father!"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dawn, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    What are some of the most memorable movie scenes you've ever seen? What made them so memorable to you - was it the emotional impact, the choreography, or perhaps the accompanying music?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Aside from the one you quoted, one that comes to mind immediately is Judge Doom's execution of the shoe-toon in Who Framed Roger Rabbit? That part had a lot of emotional impact, and the actors really sold the scene well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Passion of the Christ!
    I love that movie so much! When I first watched the movie, it made the handkerchief seem like it was just soaked in salt water~ ♡
    Oh God, you went through such extreme pain for me.... its so emotional~♡♡

ShinigamiMiroku and Rezna like this.
  4. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Here's an expected example: the first Pokémon movie's ending scenes featuring Ash getting turned to stone and somehow getting resurrected by tears, and Mewtwo's revelation of fighting against predestination. Even today that latter part stands out to me.

5. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Seeing all of the British boats sailing towards the Dunkirk beaches in Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk takes the cake for me, the music was beautiful and you get the sense of relief seeing that the soldiers stuck on the beaches of Dunkirk might be able to go home. Overall a well-developed scene in a well-developed movie

6. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    A few come to mind:

The major death in The Force Awakens. It wasn’t the most well executed scene, but it came out of nowhere for me.

The final song in the first Spongebob movie.

7. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    The crazy 88 scene in Kill Bill. Vol 1. Honestly there are a lot of scenes from that movie that are memorable. Another one would be the animated segment explaining O-Ren Ishii's backstory.

"Be Prepared" from the Lion King. One of the most iconic Disney villain songs In my opinion.

The child catcher scene from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. He honestly gave me the creeps as a kid. Haha

Any scene from Interstellar. There are so many great ones. I guess my favorite is when they have to try and excape the giant wave that is heading right towards them. Makes me feel so tense!

Laserdragon14 likes this.
  8. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Same here! Although I didn't cry, (I swear I have a disease or something against it) I felt like I would the whole time. Also... the part where the whip missed the protection vests on the actor for Jesus... it was so disgusting and I feel so bad for the actor >-<

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  9. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    ...well, where to start?

The Breadwinner. The end of Parvana's story moved me.

Coco. When Miguel sings to Coco to get her to remember her father. I felt that deep in my soul. I cried, my dad cried and he never cries.

Moana. The whole move was memorable but especially The Song of the Ancestors, when Moana decides to continue her quest to restore the heart of Te Fiti. I felt that song deep in my soul.

10. Galois

Galois Bug Catcher

Bartók
    (Vivillon (Garden))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽261.2
    Blade Runner 2049 has my favourite scene of all time, near the end right before the final fight, K walks through the rain at night reflecting on every that's happened until then

theres also the 'Suntory Time' scene from Lost in Translation. It's hysterical and Bob just looks so sick and tired of life. never gets old

last but not least, a very large number of ridiculously surreal moments from Last Year at Marienbad. hard to narrow it down but the most iconic is the shot with the elongated shadows in the courtyard
    [​IMG]