1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by NyxieRina, Jul 23, 2023.

1. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,437.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    By the by, can Pamela understand sign language? Considering it's basically Airin's mother tongue, I can't believe I forgot to ask about that. :sweat:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    GS Ball ★★★★★Oran Berry ★★
    Shes dabbled. Probably learned a few words and shorthand but she might need a reference guide to properly communicate and interpret it.

SAF likes this.
  3. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    IMPORTANT UPDATE! PLEASE READ THIS FOR THE RP

Even though the main focus of the RP will be our Magical Girls (Which I will now be referring to as Arcs from this point on), Pokémon and Pokémon battling are still an important part of this world.

So heres how Pokémon will be treated in this RP
    • A Pokémon's HP will be 1/4 of their base HP from the games, rounded down.
    • They can learn any move available to them (Level Up, Egg, TM, Tutor) but I hope that you will choose moves that makes sense for that Pokémon to have. (Magikarp can learn Flail at Level 25, but Im sure by then you'd prefer they be a Gyrados)
    • Unlike Arcs who can have all of their type's moves available to them (once they're at a high enough level), Pokémon are stuck with the standard 4 moves. They would have to forget a move if they want to learn a new one.
    • Any non-STAB Moves get their power reduced by 0.25
    • Unlike Arcs, Pokémon have abilities. Give your Pokémon an Ability and we'll work out how it plays in battle.
    • Pokémon don't roll initiative in battle. Instead, their initiative is determined by their Base Speed after removing the last number.
    Here is the character sheet for Pokémon

Pokémon Species:
    Nickname: (If Applicable)
    Trainer:
    Ability:
    HP:
    Initiative:
    Moves:

And heres an example with Pamela's Pokémon

Pokémon Species: Trapinch
    Nickname: Nils
    Trainer: Pamela Harrison
    Type: Ground
    Ability: Sheer Force
    HP: 11
    Initiative: 1
    Moves:
    - Bite
    - Dig
    - Bug Bite
    - Bulldoze

#23 Jul 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
    ChocoChicken likes this.
  4. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,684.4
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Here we go:

Name: Blake Crawley
    Alias: none yet
    Home region: Johto
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    higher resolutions being stuck behind a paywall is an absolute crime imo

Personality: Brash, cheerful and headstrong, Blake is the complete opposite of what you'd expect from the type he represents. He loves battling and is scared of Fairy-types.
    Backstory: Blake grew up in the remote countryside of northern Johto, going on many adventures within the nearby forests. With the stories he heard from the older townspeople and his competitive attitude, he became enamoured with battling and would frequently challenge the local Pokémon with his starter Murkrow. Seeing his skill, his friends were able to convince him to try out the League Challenge. Blake and his Pokémon enthusiastically set forth on this new adventure; after winning the Fog Badge from Ecruteak City, he set his sights on the Goldenrod Gym.

Level: 1
    Plate: Dread Plate
    Type: Dark
    Moveset (I’mma tweak some moves so they’re more balanced):
    • Payback – on the next turn, deals the same amount of damage dealt to the user (capped at 3 damage)
    • Hone Claws – damage dealt increases by 1 for the next 5 turns
    • Taunt – focuses all enemy damage on him for 3 turns
    • Pursuit – dashes towards an enemy to deal 1 damage (+2 damage if enemies are retreating/moving away from user)
    Pokémon:
    Species: Honchkrow
    Nickname: Skipper
    Trainer: Blake
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Super Luck
    HP: 25
    Initiative: 7
    Moves: Sucker Punch, Night Slash, Sky Attack, Roost
    Species: Houndoom
    Nickname: Flames
    Trainer: Blake
    Nature: Rash
    Ability: Flash Fire
    HP: 18
    Initiative: 9
    Moves: Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Sludge Bomb, Nasty Plot

Inventory: A strange black-coloured plate he and Skipper found in a small forest clearing; it looked cool and funky so Blake decided to bring it around as a good luck charm.

(also 2000 Poké)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #24 Jul 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2023
  5. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    @SAF Your changes have been accepted and I'm adding that information to the spreadsheet now.

@Jupjami I while I appreciate your initiative in making descriptions on how those moves work, they are quite different from how those moves should play out. I will accept your submission but I will change how your Arc's moves work. I'll also need to know how Blake looks, even a simple description will work

Jupjami and SAF like this.
  6. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,684.4
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    aight, fixed 'em up; it should be updated in the character sheet now~

NyxieRina likes this.
  7. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    @NyxieRina

The Pokémon will need more time. But how about my characters so far?

Edit: dang, now I’m considering adding a third character, but it may be more than I can handle.

#27 Jul 30, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2023
  8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,437.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Me too but with a second character, actually. Should I or shouldn't I...? :sweat:

9. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    So far I think its alright! Just update me when they ahve Pokémon and they can join the RP.

Its all up to you! We will be starting soon, so maybe test out Airin there first and see if youre able to handle another.

122 Generation likes this.
  10. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    Actually @122 Generation I need to check this with you. Are you sure you want Hail in your characters moves? Hail will hurt everyone in the field thats not an ice-type. That includes the other Arcs and your teammates.

11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,437.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Sure! If I do add a character though, I'll dib a Pixie Plate for them. :thumbsup:

@122 Generation May I suggest Snowscape instead of Hail? The snowstorm it causes functions like hailstorm minus the end-of-turn damage. :thumbsup:

12. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    Actually Snow is more beneficial to hail, at least in a group setting. Snow will give a defense boost to Ice Types and it wont damage any non-ice types in the process!

In this RP, defense boosts will be made into bonus HP separate from the actual HP. Think like a shield so you can take more damage than normal.

122 Generation and SAF like this.
  13. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 37
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,047.1
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Sorry Jup, looks like general consensus was leaning towards the other guy, and I'm persuaded after thinking about it. So LET'S GO WOOOO

Name: "Jake" Jacob Fierase
    Gender/Pronouns: Male (He/Him)
    Home Region: Unova
    Civilian Appearance: Dark skin, dark hair in short locs and a fade on the sides. Eyes are also, in fact, very dark brown. Jake's build is average, if a little skinny. In terms of clothing, he prioritizes comfort, though his general aesthetic tends to lean towards athleisure.
    Personality: A problem solver at heart, Jake is determined and passionate. On the flip side, this lends itself to a certain tunnel-vision persistence that has him handwave rules and trouble in search of answers. Eager in attitude, he also has a natural curiosity - though he knows when to back off or take a break, he's certainly not completely ignorant in social situations and the like (despite his stubbornness). His current dream is to become a journalist and put his skills to the test professionally.
    Backstory: As most teens in the Pokéworld do, Jake embarked on his own journey when he came of age one day. Due to sticking to further education for a few more years, he left a little later than the average Trainer. His older half-brother caught his Rookidee for him around two years ago whilst in Galar. Now he's headed for Johto to pick up some stories along the way.
    Following his current passion, Jake staked out Goldenrod's Radio Tower as somewhere he would want to visit - and now he's found his way into the city, at least. He did pick up a blue tag whilst reading guidebooks in a nearby library though. Well, better hold on to that for now in case he runs into the owner.
    Side notes that I couldn't put anywhere else:
    - Jacob is the middle child of three brothers. He and his older brother do not share a biological father, but they all consider Jacob's father as their dad.
    - Outside of his possible career in journalism, as hobbies he enjoys skateboarding and electric guitar. Not that he brought equipment for either.
    - Jacob knows a decent amount of ASL, as he picked up a class in school, thinking it'll be useful for his future.

Arcean Plate: Splash Plate
    Type: Water
    Alias: Wavebreaker
    Magical Girl Appearance: Working on it, but it'll definitely be blue and have pants (shorts?) and that's all I can say for now. Might make his pupils blue.
    Level: 1

Aqua Jet (1 dmg)
    Whirlpool (0.5 dmg over turns)
    Water Gun (1 dmg)

Aqua Ring (-0.5 dmg over turn)
    Rain Dance (rain)
    Soak

Inventory: P2000

Pokémon:
    Pokémon Species: Rookidee
    Nickname: Pick
    Trainer: Jacob Fierase
    Type: Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye
    HP: 9
    Initiative: 5
    Moves:
    Pluck
    Fury Attack
    Tailwind
    Defog

14. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    @ChocoChicken Your character is accepted! Feel free to respond to the RP

15. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    @SAF

Snowscape it is, then!

Also @NyxieRina I'm electing to not bring in a third character. I realised that she would fall out of the age range, actually.

NyxieRina and SAF like this.
  16. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    @NyxieRina

Okay! Form is done, along with aliases, Pokémon, and appearances.

17. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    @122 Generation Sorry for the late response. I thought I had sent it earlier. But your characters are approved! Feel free to drop them in the RP!

18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,437.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @NyxieRina

Added a fairy boy in the mix. If you're okay with it, can I have him witness the first battle the other Arcs will have first?

19. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    @SAF Pepe has been accepted. You can add him to the RP if you want I will tell you later what you should do if you dont want him to join in the first encounter.

Also @ChocoChicken @Jupjami @122 Generation if no one else has anything to add by tomorrow, I will progress the story so we can have our first encounter.

SAF and ChocoChicken like this.
  20. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    I am currently out for the whole day so the fixing of the sheets and the story progression will happen tomorrow

Jupjami and ChocoChicken like this.