1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon: International Police Operations

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Aug 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    Atelier was indifferent to Kira's apparent silence, and walked over to Mars. "Here you go, friend," he said, handing her a laptop and what appeared to be a pair of sunglasses. "Your e-Scope Lens and a laptop which you can use to monitor and report your progress to the IP in the field. You can also use it to create maps and pinpoint the locations of our agents. In short, there are plenty of things you could have uses for in the future. Also, you will have direct communication with Kira and Elodie with these, so bear that in mind."

"Thank you, Atelier," Mars replied as she received her share of equipment. She put the laptop into her side bag and the sunglasses onto her head. Turning to Elodie and Kira, she said, "You can practise with Atelier or, when you're ready, just talk to me. Other than that, you have a bit of free time."

2. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Kira shrugged. 'Not a lot, I am just wondering what you want to do, since we will going ot my house it would be better to wait. if you want to do some training, than I am surely to tag along.' she chuckled a little but in a to friendly way.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,420.0
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Elodie then replied with a smile.

"Well, I don't really know what to do, but I'm sure we can find plans along the way to Veilstone City. But training sure does sound nice, what do you wanna do though?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    Kira mostly sighed. ''I leave it to you, and i join you.'

5. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    Atelier supposed it would be appropriate to give the new agents weapons as well. As per the International Police Code of Conduct, lethal force was severely restricted, so Atelier had taken the liberty of developing conventional and unconventional police weapons for the organization to use. In the case of Kira and Elodie, they really ought to carry something defensive, or offensive, with them.
    "Okay, so in order to use some of your skills..." Atelier slowly said, "you're going to need some weapons."
    He went over to one of the works tables to pick up a few cases and brought them to the girls to show. Upon setting it on the floor, he opened the first to show them a small cache of taser guns. The second case revealed what looked like a pistol with a sophisticated energy cartridge installed in it. The third case revealed some relatively small circular shields, but they looked very heavy based on the material they were made out of.

Mars went over to pick up one of the Tasers. After balancing it in her hand, she put it into her side bag, and then she faced the two girls. "Okay, so what's it going to be?"

CattyNeko, Shady Pirate

Pick one weapon:
    Taser
    Laser Projectile
    Ballistic Shield

"When you're ready, you can head into that room over there," Atelier said, motioning to the room with the fibreglass walls. "I've set up several dummies, so you can give those a shot."

[You can always exchange a weapon whenever you're in an IP office.]
    (Read about the effects each weapon has in the discussion thread.)

6. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    Kira walked over to pick up the laser projectile and went over to the dummies

7. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,420.0
    Elodie had a slightly hard time thinking about what she should pick. She thought that the taser could help her by stunning her enemies, but the laser seemed to also be of importance. The ballistic shield was also something important, but she isn't a fan of shields, so it wasn't in her choices. She later on decided to pick the taser.

"I'll pick the taser. Thanks Atelier. And oh, I'd like to practice a little bit first with Kira" Elodie said, while taking the taser. She quickly went where Kira was.

8. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    "Not a problem," Atelier said, in response to Elodie. After the agents had taken their weapons, Atelier gestured Mars to follow the others to the fibreglass room where Elodie and Kira were about to practise firing against the dummies. On Mars' part, she also took the time to explain some principles to the agents.

"International Police Code of Conduct forbids the use of lethal force," she said. "This means avoiding taking shots targeting the head especially. Now, I will let you know that Atelier has developed these weapons to work on basically anyone, which includes Pokémon. Granted, a taser shot will not work on a ground-type Pokémon. That's pretty much a guarantee."
    Looking at one of the dummies, Mars lifted up her own Taser to fire a shot. The sound of a click echoed for an instant before it struck the target, and while the effect looked minimal, it was apparent what it would do.
    "If you're lucky," she said, "your shot might hit the right spot and your target will be stunned for a while, and that way you'll be able to arrest whilst minimising harm to yourself or your target. Otherwise, things will get messy if you'll have to taser them unconscious."
    Atelier, on the other hand, demonstrated the use of the Laser Projectile. He took Kira's weapon to give it a shot at the dummy with laser guidance, and while it looked like nothing happened when he pulled the trigger (with careful aiming), there was a small explosion of plasma that occurred right on the dummy.
    "And there we have it," he said, handing the Laser Projectile back to Kira. "It causes quite a lot of shock force, but it won't kill."

(You can also test your other abilities against the dummies free of charge.)

9. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    "To bad though." Kira said smirking. First aiming for the dummu head and just before firing shooting in hiss stomach. "How about threatig than? Is that allowed"

10. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    Mars grimaced as two separate shock explosions erupted on the dummy's head and stomach. If that wasn't enough, Kira's latter question gave Mars enough deductive knowledge of the kind of girl she was. Mars did not reply at first but ensured that she had her equipment in check. After that, she said, "Not exactly. While the Code does not say threatening is not an option, there are limits to how you treat suspects. Force is allowed, but excessive force is forbidden. The Code also says you are to treat apprehended suspects fairly and justly - or otherwise, the IP will charge you with criminal offences. If you're thinking of doing that, Kira, I advise you not to."

Mars moved on to the door and stood there. "Okay, so there. You have equipment, your Pokémon should be trained already to deal with combat, so I'll be deploying you to Veilstone City next whenever you're ready."

(If you don't need to practise your abilities, talk to Mars to head to Veilstone City.)

11. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,420.0
    Impressed by Kira's shooting skills, Elodie said "That was really cool! But yeah, Mars is right. Excessive force isn't necessary in the mission"

Holding her taser, and pointing it at the dummy, she looked at Mars "So, I could hit them with my taser at any part of the body except the head, right?" She said. While talking to Mars, without looking at the dummy, the taser hit the target that she wanted, the torso.

12. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    Mars' smile became a little wider seeing that Elodie understood the principle. Sure, Kira and Elodie may have come from difficult backgrounds (as stated in the classified mission file), but Mars wasn't surprised either at their dissimilar personalities. To be honest, Mars could see parts of Kira that reflected her own past, but she would have to live with it for now. For the time being, the mission mattered more. On the other hand, Mars was also impressed by their aim to say the least. Kira could make well-targeted shots while Elodie managed to hit her target without even looking.

"Glad to see we've reached an understanding," she said. "I've got to hand it to you two, you make good shots."
    Lastly, she picked up one of the laser Designation charges Atelier had prepared. After aiming, Mars fired a laser shot which caused beams of light to target certain areas of the dummy. "So yeah," Mars explained. "As Atelier might have made it clear, these will briefly show you potential weaknesses against a target. It'll only work for so long, so make the most of it."

"But again, I strongly advise you to watch how much force you're applying and whenever necessary," Mars stressed. "But yes, you can hit anywhere except for the head. Otherwise, I might have you arrested. All in all, it seems like you've got all the basics down. Equipment, communications, and such. I'll be waiting outside."
    With that, Mars straightened her tie and walked out of the fibreglass room and out of the workshop altogether. Atelier scratched his head, but shrugged.
    "She is as efficient as ever," he remarked, as he gave another of the Designation charges a shot to test it. "Anyway, I ought to continue my work too."

13. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    "Yeah yeah. Take a joke already" beig slightly dissapointed. She walked back tk the elevator. It was obviojs thaf Magmorter and Raichu who sat on tthe top of his head were worried. Follwoing there trainer

14. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    @[member="Shady Pirate"] @[member="CattyNeko"]

After preparations were in order, Mars directed the two new International Police agents away to a separate corridor. While the area was still underground, it was apparent the International Police had their own sneaky means to get out of Sunyshore City unnoticed. There was a hanger built within the rocky surroundings, directly beneath the city grounds, supported by steel structures that kept the rock ground above them from collapsing. A tunnel, only accessed by water, led to the ocean outside, with an aerial shuttle suspended above the water waiting for the agents.
    "I'll keep in contact with you through your communications devices," Mars said, as she watched the agents board the shuttle. "Keep your gadgets and Pokémon with you, and try not to speak too much about our operations, if any. When you get to Veilstone City, I'll give you further instructions."
    And I have yet to hear from our third agent. It'll have to wait, Mars thought.

The shuttle took off and shot over the water and out of the tunnel, where the shuttle was met with broad daylight as it took to the skies. Veilstone City was relatively close by, so that made the trip short enough.

15. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    Kira stepped out of the plane. As raichu and magmorter did the same. Runnimg back home.
    She wait it for Elodi to step out

16. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,420.0
    Elodie wasn't surprised that the organization had such an advanced level of technology. The hangar itself was pretty much concealed away from Sunnyshore City. It was pretty quiet, and she could only hear the machines working and the waves rumbling outside of the hangar. The plane quickly flew, and the trip didn't seem to last long. Elodie was playing around with Sylveon and Lampent, so the trip didn't seem to take long. As people say, when you're with company, trips seem to take less time.

As the plane landed on the hangar at Veilstone City, she was amazed by how technologically advanced the organization is. Kira went ahead of her, but she quickly followed her. Mars, who was already outside the plane, was busy checking her communication device.

17. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    "Mars? " Kira walked to her. "Elodie. I first need to dk a few things before we go to my housr" she turned back to Mars ." How will we do this as I am still under surveilance from officer Jenny?"

18. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    Unsurprisingly, the IP office was concealed not unlike in Sunyshore City. However, the office and the hanger were located just outside of the city, and as well they were above ground. While Kira and Elodie had disembarked, Mars ensured the correct procedures were taken before she disembarked as well, and taking her equipment with her. Upon disembarking, Mars met up with the two girls outside the hanger - in the open field of Route 214. They needed to be briefed on the current situation.

"Okay, so you can try to look around Veilstone City at your leisure, but you're needed at the Galactic Energy Company," she explained. "In light of the bombings, the regional police has deployed a number of tactical teams to patrol the city until this crisis is over. I'll have them know you're in the area, so you won't be suspicious."
    "As for you, Kira..." Mars added, "I'll make a phone call with Officer Jenny, and she won't bother you for the time being. She will have reason to listen to authority. What is it you are going to do?"

In Veilstone City itself, the air was tense. In light of the bombing at the Galactic Energy Company headquarters, most of the streets were tightly patrolled by tactical officers armed with helmets, combat vests, and ballistic shields. Smoke from the Galactic Energy Company fogged the air and made it difficult to see, but on the whole, many of the structures were intact.
    It sure looked like the place was under lockdown, as there were few civilians allowed outside. While many of the structures appeared intact, there was a command post set up at the Pokémon Centre acting as a base for the police forces.

In the meantime, Mars set up her computer at an empty desk in the IP office and placed her e-Scope Lens on her head (but not over her eyes yet). Firing it up, she was shown a map of Veilstone City and many details labeled concerning current events. If there was any need for surveillance, Mars needed to look no further.

19. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    Kira nodded. "Alright. Nothing much just a couple of things. While doing thaf Elodie and I can also look around" she answered her. Having a big relief knowing the officers here would let her go

20. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,420.0
    "Maybe we could check up at the Veilstone Department Store! I need to buy some berries for our Pokémon, since I'm sure they'd be useful in battle. That'll be fine, won't it Mars?" Elodie asked.

Elodie was the kind of person who loved to cook instead of actually doing scientific things like her parents did. However, she did know about scientific calculations because of her parents.