1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon: International Police Operations

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Aug 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    (No problem)

Kira was waiting outside for Elodie, ready to leave to the old galactic building, wandering what they would find there

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    By this time, the fire crews were eliminating any leftover hot spots the warehouse presented. Saturn and Cyrus, the leaders of the Galactic Energy Company, continued to oversee the extinguishing.
    "Was there anything recoverable or salvageable from the remains?" Cyrus inquired.
    "Unfortunately, boss," Saturn replied, "it's way too early at this stage to decide. All I can report on so far is that most of the experimental division was attacked. If there's anything..."
    However, Saturn was interrupted by an approaching company worker.
    "What is it?" Saturn asked.
    "Bad news," the worker replied. "Apart from the explosions that are considered suspcious by police standards, I regret to inform you that all of our experimental energy generators have been stolen."
    "WHAT?" Saturn and Cyrus said together, completely shocked.

Shady Pirate, CattyNeko

"Well, I'm glad you understand the kind of responsibility you carry, Elodie," Mars replied.
    A tactical police patrol currently stands guard at the bottom of the stairs, but a few police cars line up in front of the warehouse at the back. Fire crews also. The sight is not pleasant, as it appears that half of the warehouse had been blown apart and the remains of smoke still rise from the rubble. Well away from the doors of the warehouse, where the crime scene was, there is police tape sealing off the area, and a tactical officer stands guard. Saturn and Cyrus appear to be in disbelief while they are talking amongst themselves.
    The site looked pretty traumatic, overall.

(Wonder how this would have an effect on our heroes, if any...?)

3. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    Kira looked at it. At first it didnt seem that it didnt do anything to her but than something happened . A shock that went through her whole body.
    Remembering one day.

Flashback:

"You wont ever get to mr* kira growled. "Palkia lets finish this you useles beast" !as she threw the pokebal. A storm cams out roaring . It looked down it roared again and started instead of obeying its orders it attacked Kira. She jumped out of the way. 'Listen to me I am your master" she called out.
    The palkia went wild. Started to attack kira more and the nearby village. "Noo."

As her memories camr back. She started yellig in the present time also. "Nooo"

4. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,420.0
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    As they went out from Kira's house, the thick smoke prevented visibility. It was at times like this where a Flying type Pokémon that knows Defog would help, but she didn't have an Flying types or any Pokémon that knows Defog on her team, so she couldn't do a single thing.

Arriving at the warehouse, police cars could be easily seen, and security was tight. "It's impossible that there would be a follow up attack by Fiera somewhere near Veilstone City. If they did attack somewhere near Veilstone, the police could respond easily." Elodie thought. As they were nearing the site where the explosion happened, the billowing smoke coming from the warehouse reminded her of something. Stepping on rubble, she recoiled in fear, before she finally remembered it...

FLASHBACK

"I was entering the basement. I heard an explosion from below. I knew it could only be one thing." Young Elodie thought, as she was running downstairs, her maids trying to follow her. As she reached the basement, a door was blocking her way. She tried to open it by calling her Litwick (This is Lampent now).

"Litwick! Use Fla-" Elodie was unable to finish her command, as the door collapsed before her Litwick was able to use Flamethrower. Entering the smoky room, she stepped on rubble, recoiling in fear. She was shaking and trembling, as if she was about to collapse. She went further inside, her maids trying to follow her again, until she saw something.

Bodies. Dead bodies. Of her parents, lying lifelessly on the floor.

Elodie couldn't believe what she saw. Broken fragments of scientific materials lay on the floor, wires scattered, ceilings broken. This was the tragic place where her parents died.

Elodie trembled in fear, before finally screaming "W-WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

Tears came down from her face, as if she could flood the entire room with them. As she was crying, she saw a figure. A shadow in the distance, "A L-lucario". As much as she wanted to chase it, she couldn't. She was still feeling depressed over the death of her parents. She remembered the Lucario's eyes. Those dark red eyes... the Lucario that killed her parents.

Elodie couldn't think of anything else. She only thought of one thing. "I WILL FIND REVENGE" she thought. The Lucario then dug it's way of the the underground laboratory, never to be seen again. But Elodie will always remember those eyes, for as long as she lives.

END OF FLASHBACK

She still couldn't get over what happened then. She could never forget what happened during that day. Rubble and smoke are the factors that trigger her sad past, the past that she wanted to bury in peace. But she couldn't. She still couldn't sit still.

Breathing heavily, she thought to herself "This is completely different from before. So please, Elodie, forget it."

Later on, she heard Kira screaming "NOO!" Turning to Kira's direction, she sat down, asking her "Hey, are you alright?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    (Love how your characters reacted! I might even have future uses for it, but it just so happens that I have been re-inspired to write more fanfiction and haven't been checking on this enough!)

Mars knew better than to ask what was going on with Kira as Elodie seemed to be handling it. True, Mars was able to listen to half of what they were saying, though communication would be better if they spoke directly to Mars through the earpieces, but from the looks of things with the security cameras, both of them were in great distress. Even more so, Kira's scream actually hurt her ears.
    I suppose I'll tell them when to act, she thought.

CattyNeko, Shady Pirate

Kira's evident outburst caught the attention of practically everyone around her, which was not limited to Elodie. The tactical officers, the Galactic Energy workers, and even Saturn and Cyrus looked to see the unfamiliar girls. Wondering what their business was here, a tactical officer crouched underneath the police tape to approach Elodie and Kira.
    "What is your business here?" he asked, keeping his shield up. "This is a restricted area by police order, so unless you have a good reason, I advise you to return to your homes."

6. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,420.0
    Elodie was expecting the reaction of the others by now, and from the looks of it, everyone was startled by Kira's scream. A guy with weird blue hair and... is that... CYRUS? Elodie stepped back for a while, before finally regaining her calm self. A police officer came to where Kira and Elodie stood, scolding them for entering a restricted area. She knew this was another job for her badge, but she took a few seconds before she realized what the officer was saying, probably because she was still taken aback by her sad past.

"We have important business here. We're the agents of the IP, and no need to ask for badges. I got them here" Elodie said, while she was showing her badge. "And uhm, this lady here is also a member of IP, but could you please leave her be for now? She's having a hard time taking in what she's seeing right now..." Elodie added.

7. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    Kira was send back to the present when she heard elodie. Shaking her head. "Im fine.' Looking at the officers. She sighed and showed her id and badge to them.

(Fine by me. Something in that line happened in the acatual story also. Which ive never written lol)

8. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    (I'll need a moment to think about story development, though! Oh, and I see you've made a name change, Catty!)

⋆SeeU⋆Hime⋆ Shady Pirate

"Very well," the tactical officer said after Elodie and Kira had shown their badges. Even so, Kira's expression made him slightly suspicious, but he had to take Elodie's word for it. He put down his shield so he could have a free hand to lift up the police tape for the girls to go under. "Please go right ahead."

The cause of explosion was still underway by Galactic Energy workers, but as far as Saturn was concerned the company had no direct dealings with explosives. The real closest thing to such would be their energy reactors and generators, and even so most of them were kept stable. Before they could elaborate more on this, Kira's initial scream made Cyrus stop the discussion.
    Afterwards, when the two girls were granted access past the police tape, Cyrus decided to approach them and motioned for Saturn to come along.
    Bluntly, Cyrus said, "You two are from the International Police, am I correct? They said you were coming, though I thought the agents would be older. My name is Cyrus, the owner of the Galactic Energy Company, and this is my operations director, Saturn."

There was still a look of surprise on Elodie's face that Cyrus could interpret as shock, as if she were surprised he was even standing here. Despite Cyrus's relatively cold nature, the look on her face was more of a mix of shock and grief.
    "Is something the matter? Have we met before?" he asked, whilst offering a handshake to each of the girls.

9. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,420.0
    (Haha, yeah, I deiced it was time to change my name! Although next year I'm probably gonna change again xD. Hope that isn't much of a problem though! ^-^)

As the police officer finally let them pass through the police tape, they were approached by Cyrus, and a blue-haired guy... who looked pretty cool? Cyrus then asked them if they were from the IP. Elodie nodded, still in shock after seeing Cyrus back in Sinnoh. Cyrus was expecting people who are older, but could you blame him? Most IP agents are arguably... older than Elodie and Kira, so it wouldn't be surprising if he was looking for older agents.

Cyrus then proceeded to formally introduce herself, as well as introducing his operations director, Saturn. "Oh, so Saturn was his name. I see" Elodie thought. It wouldn't be nice to talk to someone without formally introducing yourself, so she decided to introduce herself too. "My name is Elodie, Elodie Nova" Elodie said. Cyrus then wondered about the look in Elodie's face as she was still shocked that Cyrus was here. She had no idea that he came back to Sinnoh after being stuck in the Distortion World. She first shook hands with Cyrus, before finally asking something.

"Uhm, Cyrus, sir. I hope you don't mind me asking... but weren't you trapped in the Distortion World a long time ago?" Elodie asked.

10. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    KIRa who looked at them both. "Saturn. You again.@" she knew Saturn way to good. "Where is my azurill" she growled. Remembering he took it away and never seen again.

Trying not to look at there faces and gazing around the building

11. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    (Well, 'Hime, if there's ever a change in the future, I'll be ready for it! :) Anyways...)

Don't get too excited, Kira, Mars thought, hearing a little of what Kira was saying whilst monitoring them. Wait a minute, did Mars just imagine Elodie eyeing Saturn? Pushing those thoughts aside, Mars got back to work.
    Nevertheless, Mars banged her head against the table a few times. It was incredible how easily these agents were distracted! To be fair, they were also teenagers like herself!
    "Agent Mars," Chief Shaw said. "Are you okay? Can I get you anything?"
    "Just... a nice cup of coffee would be nice, thanks," Mars requested dully, rubbing her forehead.
    So many things going on... First the bombing site which might have traumatised the agents, and then meeting Cyrus and Saturn...
    Her coffee finally arrived, and Mars drank it slowly.

⋆SeeU⋆Hime⋆ Shady Pirate

Cyrus cleared his throat after shaking hands with Elodie. "Well, Elodie, that is information I can't disclose to you. Not publicly, anyway. It doesn't help that that was a few years ago, like you said, but you could say... I marginally have had my time there. You may not know it, but I have heard of things from Sinnoh even when I was still in there. When I heard that Charon intended to profit off of Team Galactic by using my assets to invest in Stark Mountain, I decided to return to take back my company. That's all I can tell you at this time."
    "Still," Cyrus added, "I'm very surprised at just how young you two look. You remind me of an old subordinate I had back then who was just as old as you. Ah, Mars and Jupiter, it has been too long since we saw them."

Meanwhile, Saturn felt a bit embarrassed that his boss went ahead and did the introduction for him, but he was fine with that. Shrugging, Saturn first looked at Elodie - her brown ponytail and pink jacket, let alone the knee socks and blue shoes, clearly being too flashy for his taste. "Oh," he said to Elodie, scratching the back of his head. "Nice to meet you, Elodie Nova." Elodie did look pretty interesting to say the least. However, Saturn had to admit his perception of style could be said for the defunct Team Galactic's uniforms.
    And then Kira confronted him by surprise. Her face was rough and those eyes looked like they were trying to intimidate him.
    "Your Azurill?" Saturn said to her, as if he didn't understand what she meant. He was not intimidated, since he already knew how it felt. "I don't know what you're talking about."

(Completely doing improvisation here XD, but kindly remind Saturn of when that happened)

12. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,420.0
    (Oh my god, I feel bad for making Elodie like Saturn, but I can't stop laughing when I imagine it happening xD But that is her character after all (≧◡≦))

Elodie took of her gaze to a certain someone to talk directly to Cyrus, who apparently came back because Charon was about to use his assets to invest in Stark Mountain. How he heard of it or how he came back to Sinnoh was disclosed. Elodie still wanted answers, but she was sure Cyrus disclosed the information for a reason.

Cyrus then said that their age reminded them of Mars and Jupiter. Saturn looked awfully the same age as Elodie and Kira, but the only ones she's ever met were Mars and Saturn. What could've happened to Jupiter though? Well, that's not Elodie's business for sure. A few moments later, Kira demanded Saturn to return her Azurill.

"So Kira once owned an Azurill huh? And apparently Saturn took it" Elodie thought. This was, again, not her business, so she decided to just stay quiet and join the Spectators Team with Cyrus.

13. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    @[member="⋆SeeU⋆Hime⋆"] (Hahahaha XD I'm actually still cracking over how Elodie is taking a liking to Saturn, and I'm still cracking! Eh? What is this 'Spectators Team'? Did I mention it implicitly somehow...?)
    (Also, while the characters haven't changed, their background follows my 'Catharsis' fanfiction universe, 'Catharsis' and 'Agent Mars: Codename Eclipse', which you can read if you so desire. I'm trying hard to not to contradict the storyline I established there.
    For our purposes and to keep things simple, I'm not calling Mars 'Eclipse'.
    In this universe, Jupiter was captured by the police and imprisoned in jail. But eight months after 'Catharsis', Mars bailed her out in my fanfic, 'Losing', which you can also read. It's is the shortest of these three, by the way.)
    (The only one contradiction is that Looker is supposed to have amnesia as he does in the game, but I can fix that if I choose to write Catharsis fanfiction again. ANYWAYS...)

I don't really recall if we've ever stolen Pokémon, Mars thought, thinking back to her Team Galactic days. Was Saturn holding something back? Mars finished her cup of coffee, stood up, and had the cup washed before she returned to work.

14. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    *yeps lots of improv. Aww sounds so cute elodir and saturn)

'Aw playing the dumb innocent are we. I remember clearly. Just before you and everyone called up the legendary Pokémon. You sqid you need it my azurill. I didnt care for it back than. Still I refused you let her take her. But you attacked me. While you tied me up. You took her pokebal and left" looking mad at him. "And im sure this is some plan of yours . The whole explodig part. Bringing backa new team

15. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    "I don't believe your premises are true," Saturn coolly denied. "Sure, even if I may have taken your Azurill, I definitely wouldn't have it by now. Maybe it was taken back when the police raided the building? I don't know, but I can tell you that the case of the explosion is still unknown. If you are here to check out the scene, then I suggest you follow me and boss Cyrus. All in all, maybe the local police would know where your Azurill is."
    Saturn still looked unnerved as he could feel Elodie's eyes would not leave him for a while.
    As well, Cyrus approached Kira as well, his face looked as emotionless as ever.
    "If you haven't noticed already, Team Galactic has disbanded," he said, coldly. "It would be unimaginably expensive to start another team, so the Galactic Energy Company is all there is."

What are you doing, Saturn, Mars shook her head. And what are you saying, Kira?!
    "Kira," Mars said. "I suggest you and Elodie investigate the scene before you start jumping to conclusions. If there's anything about your Azurill the police may have had contact with, I'll go look up for information myself. For now, go and conduct the investigation."
    After she said that, Mars waved at Chief Shaw. "Would you have recovered an Azurill by any chance when you raided the building?"

⋆SeeU⋆Hime⋆ Shady Pirate

The group, escorted by a tactical officer and a firefighter, entered the smouldering ruins of the warehouse that rested behind the Galactic Energy Company. The fire crews had ensured that the area would be safe to enter for the time being so that the police could carry out their work. There were barely any lights inside to make the area visible, and it appeared that there was much more damage done than the fire crews had expected. This was only apparent when Cyrus and Saturn led the group to the secret stairway that led to the underground.

"While I'm not pleased that the explosions also happened underground," Cyrus explained, "it wasn't enough to destroy the HQ's foundation. What I can tell you from what my employees have gathered is that several rooms remained intact whereas a vast number of them - underground - are nothing but ruin. I'm glad at least that this building was insured."
    "Joking aside," Cyrus went on, "I'll leave Saturn to explain."
    Saturn nodded, and added, "While we were evacuating our workers, a post-inspection revealed that the intact rooms had... equipment unaccounted for. But before we get to that, I want you to determine if there's anything you can take from the explosions themselves."
    As Saturn led the group deeper into the underground where fire crews were trying their best to vent out the smoke, the group passed several rooms destroyed and intact alike. In the end, they came upon a room where the air was hottest, and this was mainly because this was where the source of all the smoke was coming from: a reactor that was evidently bombed and became an uncontrollable force.

16. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    "I know. I...i...." the words im sorry didnt come to her. "I just got mad thats all." She sighed
    As she walked behind the group. Coughing a few times cause ofthe smoke.
    Arriving at the reactor. Kira walked passed them and inspected it.

17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    (Let's do an 'easy' logical inference to whet your appetite)

"Here is whatever information we could gather," Saturn said, reading out from a clipboard and paper. "From what we have gathered, the explosions were likely caused by manufactured bombs. However, we haven't been able to identify the type of bomb that was used, let alone where it originated. I'm not sure what kind of source or

Saturn carefully pointed at the traces of the reactor site, where bomb fragments littered the area. For Saturn and Cyrus, personally, this was also their first time inspecting the site as the fire crews had just declared it safe to enter for now. Perhaps the bomb fragments could provide more information or perhaps clues. From the looks of things, the bomb fragments emitted live sparks. If you touch one, you could feel an unpleasant electrical shock. Odd. If the bomb could contain electrical energy, then where would it have been made? Also, what kind of technology would have been associated with it?

It would, perhaps, help that one of the fragments even has the word 'Silph', embodied in it. Doesn't that sound familiar?

Modus Ponens

Premise: If the bombs were made with destructive electrical energy, then they would be made in the Kanto Power Plant.

Elsewhere, Mars received information from Chief Shaw that the police had recovered an Azurill last year during the raid on the Galatic Energy headquarters. This was of course during Cyrus's absence while he was in the Distortion World, and during which time - Mars learned - that Saturn had protested against the move. Nevertheless, the raid was carried out and many Pokémon were recovered in the raid. It looked as if Saturn was about to be arrested, but news broke out that Charon had been arrested by agent Looker at Stark Mountain, so there was sufficient evidence that went against Charon's favour and the Galactic Energy headquarters was left alone. When Cyrus finally returned - much to the shock of practically everyone - he made the initiative to legitimise the company and from that day the Galactic Energy Company was a leader in sustainable energy development. The reactors and generators they developed supplied every household in Veilstone City with enough energy to last a lifetime.

(Alright, there's your premise. Now try to form a conclusion from it! I've supplied you the premise and the argument form, so work it out! The story won't progress until you solve it or if you give up, but there's a 20 XP reward for solving it)

18. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,420.0
    (Oh wow, we get to be Cilan at last! XD Also, just to point out, italic words mean that Elodie is saying those things inside her head. Also, I hope that my response was in the correct format, because my response might turn out wrong, I'm still trying to understand modus pollens, premises and logical explanations and such)

Elodie and Kira were led by Cyrus and Saturn to the place where the bombs exploded. Numerous debris, dust falling from the ceiling, broken glass and disassembled wires could be seen hanging from the ceiling.

"Looks like the place where mom and dad died" Elodie thought.

Cyrus and Saturn took the liberty of explaining the bombs that were used. Elodie took them all in and tried to think of something, however, instead of answers, more questions popped up inside her head. "First off, what was the target of the bombers? Were they sabotaging the factory or did they want something? If they wanted something, they shouldn't have used electromagnetic bombs. But what if they wanted to open something?"

She was about to split her head, when luckily, Cyrus and Saturn found something. It was a bomb fragment that had the word 'Silph'

It would be no doubt that the bombs were manufactured by Silph Co, but what if there was another company with 'Silph' as a name? After all, they only saw a fragment. It could have another word in it's left side that went missing. "Assuming that Silph Co. made the bombs, and the bombs were electromagnetic, it only makes sense that the bomb was manufactured in Kanto as well. But where? It's impossible that Silph Co. would manufacture bombs in their own factory; it would ruin their reputation if someone found out about it"

Grabbing her Town Map from her pocket, she leaves the Sinnoh map in favor of the Kanto map. The map was highlighted with tons of marks that it would almost seem impossible to determine the right location. Zooming in somewhere in the map, Elodie tried to pinpoint the locations where Electric-type Pokémon usually gather.

"There's a huge concentration of Electric-types in Vermilion Gym, but it's impossible that someone would manufacture a bomb in a gym; Lt. Surge could easily call Officer Jenny for help. On the other hand, the Kanto Power Plant has been abandoned, and it would be the first place that bomb makers go to to make bombs, since there are tons of electricity and machines around" Elodie thought.

"EUREKA!" Elodie screamed, gathering the attention of Kira, Cyrus and Saturn.

"Oh. Whoops"

Coughing slightly, she explains what she found out.

"The bombs were electromagnetic, and one bomb fragment was labeled with 'Silph'. Silph Co. is the leading company in technology located at Kanto. And since the bombs were electromagnetic, I'm sure that the bombs were created on a place where there is a huge concentration of electrical energy. There are only two places where there would be a huge concentration of electrical power and Electric-type Pokémon. The first candidate was the Vermilion Gym, but since it is a gym, well, you can't really manufacture a bomb there. The second candidate is at the Kanto Power Plant. It is abandoned, yet the machines there are still running to provide power for the Magnet Train. It would be the perfect place where people could manufacture a bomb without being caught. It's surrounded by a cave and a wall of rock. That's definitely the first place where officers would look for if someone was making a bomb" Elodie said, feeling confident with her ideas.

Conclusion: Therefore, the premise is correct.

19. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    Kira sighed. "Should be all true. Still i know that there resistes a legendary Pokémon named zapdos. It is possible they used it. Still why would they all go back to kanto to place a bomb in sinnoh

20. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,420.0
    "I think the reason why they went to Kanto to create the bomb was to make sure that no one could interfere in their bomb making sessions. If they made the bombs here, they'd be easily located and arrested for that. Besides, Kanto has Zapdos, like you stated. They may have manipulated Zapdos to get the bombs to have more electrical power. If they made the bomb at Valley Windworks, they'd become suspicious, and besides, they'd overload the electrical system that way, causing a blackout in the entire region." Elodie replied, answering Kira's question.