1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up
  1. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    Yep. I can see them, now.

2. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Fun fact: Right now we have two Kirby characters, three Pokémon toys, two proper Pokémon, one human, and one gijinka. What's next? :hello:

Anyway, one question to everyone: does any of your characters know sign language? This will affect how Airin "talks".

Cc: @Azelflover1 @ChocoChicken @122 Generation

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    None of my characters know sign language, especially not Blaze.

#23 Nov 12, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    SAF likes this.
  4. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Maria doesn’t know sign language, but Evergreen communicates with everyone - human and Pokémon - through telepathy. Perhaps she can talk to Airin like that?

SAF likes this.
  5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Evergreen to Airin, yeah. But Airin to Evergreen, nope (unless Evergreen can read minds too). Airin will either sign or use her Magna Doodle instead.

#25 Nov 12, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  6. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    Blaze can't use sign language, since it (for the most part) requires two hands. He only has one, and it's a claw, so he can't do anything too complicated. I'm just wondering, but does anyone have any ideas as to how he can communicate?

7. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    I don't know whether Blaze can just speak normally, but my question about signing earlier is more for Airin because she's outright mute (but not deaf). If anyone can understand sign, then she will sign. Otherwise, she'll write things on her "board" instead.

8. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    Blaze can speak normally, and so can Mirage. Anyways, do you guys think I can make the IC thread, or should I wait and see if anyone else wants to join?

#28 Nov 12, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    I can roll either way. But one question before we start: do we have a map of Pupu Village or something? I'm new to Kirby-verse, y'see.

10. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    I had more of the idea that Airin could speak her mind back to Evergreen, if she can do that. It would be conditional that Evergreen communicates with her first (I'm borrowing the idea from the anime Battle Game in 5 Seconds). That said, I haven't played a Kirby game for many years...

11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Uh, while I am intimately familiar with the Modern Kirby games, I have only watched one episode of the anime and YES it was the one where Dedede Right Back At Ya was created, because it SURELY YOU JESTIN'. Iunno if SAF or 122 know the anime?
    You're welcome to open up IC at any point!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    As I said, I'm new to Kirby-verse, so nope.
    Honestly tho, telepathy is not even Airin's thing. She'll probably write first if she does wanna speak up.

13. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    I've got an image right here. Maybe it can serve as a map.[​IMG]

Here's Castle Dedede:[​IMG]

(...I did not have the energy or patience to scroll through all of HnKCaps' tweets until I found episode 35, and therefore found a racecourse overview that could potentially also serve as a map if need be.)

@SAF Oh, and about that "three Pokémon toys" thing... I'll show you some of these new characters.

Name: Neptune
    Appearance:[​IMG]
    Species: Lugia
    Moves: Round; Roar; Steel Wing; Thunder
    Bio: Unlike other Lugia, Neptune was man-made in a toy factory in the distant Johto region as a tie-in to his movie, "Pokémon the Movie: 2000". After his creation, he was bought by Emily, the same human that bought Mirage. She had another electronic Lugia figure, who was already broken by the time Neptune joined the cast. When she eventually grew out of Pokémon, some people in lab coats arrived, wanting to see Neptune and Lugia. Emily refused, so the strangers took the two by force. They swapped the motherboards so Neptune would keep the memories Lugia had with Emily, (leaving Lugia a blank slate, aside from his inability to work,) then returned Lugia to Emily. After bringing Neptune to a laboratory, the scientists then did experiments on him in an attempt to bring him to life. After the experiments were completed, he had gained sentience. The scientists eventually did some tests on Neptune, testing his strength and durability. The tests were never-ending, eventually pushing the calm, collected Lugia to blast away the wall with Thunder and escape. Since then, he's found a portal leading to Pupu Village. He jumped in without hesitation, knowing Emily has moved on to greater things in life.
    • Neptune has two sons, Cranidos and Shieldon (they were hatched from Eggs that Neptune found before Emily's show)
    • please don't say 'Fly' around Neptune, as it brings up bad memories
    • he has a little friendly rivalry with Volt, usually over something subjective like good dancing

Name: Volt (given his powers and their source, it makes some sense to me to give him an equally 'shocking' name)
    Species: Pikachu
    Forme: normal
    Moves: Thunderbolt; Iron Tail; Thunder; Volt Tackle (he doesn't use this attack much, only as a last resort for when he has no other options)
    Bio: Unlike other Pikachu, Volt was man-made in a toy factory in a distant land called Kanto. After his creation, he was bought by Emily, the same human that bought Mirage and Neptune. She had another electronic Pikachu figure, who was already broken by the time Volt joined the cast. When she eventually grew out of Pokémon, some people in lab coats arrived, wanting to see Volt and Matthew. Emily refused, so the strangers took the two Pikachu by force. They swapped the motherboards so Volt would keep the memories Matthew had with Emily, (leaving Matthew a blank slate, aside from his inability to work,) then returned Matthew to Emily. After bringing Volt to a laboratory, the scientists then did experiments on him in an attempt to bring him to life. After the experiments were completed, he had gained sentience. The scientists eventually did some tests on Volt, testing his strength and durability. The tests were never-ending, eventually pushing the Pikachu to blast away the wall with Thunderbolt and escape. Since then, he's found a portal leading to Pupu Village. He hesitantly jumped in, a bit unaware that Emily has moved on to greater things in life.
    • Volt is cousins with a Pikachu, who in turn is friends with two more Pikachu named Glitter and Thunder (Thunder is Glitter's boyfriend, and she is his girlfriend) - Volt is a bit bigger than the other three, and Glitter is wearing a pink bow, while Thunder is wearing a green scarf
    • Volt has a little friendly rivalry with Neptune, usually over something subjective like good dancing
    • if Volt ever uses Volt Tackle, there's never any electricity at all, and he always misses
    • due to his Static ability, he can paralyze an enemy that comes into contact with him

(Yes, these entries, along with Mirage, are basically me asking a question I made: how would Mewtwo, Lugia, and Matthew (from Breeze's old "Adventures of the Pokémon" series) react to... actually working?)

Name: フーパ
    Species: Hoopa
    Forme: Confined
    Moves: Psychic; Hyperspace Hole
    Bio: Unlike other Hoopa, フーパ was man-made in a toy factory in Kalos as a tie-in to her move, "Archdjinni of the Rings: Hoopa". After her creation, some people in lab coats arrived, wanting to see the Hoopa. フーパ's creators refused, so the strangers took the little plush by force. They took her to a laboratory, where they did experiments on her in an attempt to bring her to life. After the experiments were completed, she had gained sentience. The scientists eventually did some tests on フーパ, testing her strength and durability. The tests were never-ending, eventually pushing the mischievous little Hoopa to tease the scientists, blast away the wall with Psychic, and escape. Since then, she's found a portal leading to Pupu Village. She hesitantly jumped in, and now she's in Gangu's toy store, confused.
    • when a button on フーパ's voice box is pressed, she can say 20 phrases in Japanese - two from the movie, one from the "Hoopa's 'Appear!' Operations" shorts, and many more that weren't heard in either
    • フーパ mainly uses Hyperspace Hole if she needs to summon Legendary Pokémon if the situation calls for it

(Yeah, basically... portals. Portals everywhere.)

#33 Nov 13, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
    SAF likes this.
  14. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    That... could be handy too, yeah.

15. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Several things to say and/or ask:
    • Apparently tagging people doesn't work in edited posts here in LV. If you wanna tag someone, it has to be in a new post.
    • Other than Gangu's toy store, where in Pupu Village do the portals take the non-Kirby casts (especially those who are not toys) to?

16. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    My mistake. The portals take the non-Kirby characters to... um.... now that you mention it, I'm not quite sure.

17. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    We could have them on the outskirts of Cappy Town, perhaps near where Kirby lives, or by Whispy Woods Forest? Flamberge herself would probably be close by the forest area.

18. Azelflover1

Susie
    (Mankey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽636.3
    That could work. Thanks.

19. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    As it happens, I'm assuming Maria and Evergreen landed near Whispy Woods too.

SAF likes this.
  20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    *Just finished reading the newest IC post at the time of writing this*

Welp, language barrier. Wonder if the Kirby casts can understand English just because they've been speaking in Japanese so far...