1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Article Pokémon the Movie: The Power of Us [English Trailer Released]

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Vigilance, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    We've been blessed with the first teaser trailer and title for the upcoming Pokémon move! The title is officially, Pokémon the Movie: The Power of Us. The new film is set to feature the Legendary Lugia and the Mythical, Zeraora.

Here's information straight from Pokémon's official site:
    Let us know below how you feel about this new movie! I, for one, sure am excited!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    The art style changes more than Ash’s credibility as a trainer

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Vigilance and Laserdragon14 like this.
  3. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    how about the changes in voice actors for Ash?

Vaquero likes this.
  4. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Yeah, that too XD

Laserdragon14 likes this.
  5. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Eh, not really exciting. The title is rather reminiscent of the Pokémon Movie 2000; that one emphasized that one person can tip the balances, while this one seems to emphasize teamwork and the limits of one person.

6. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,034.0
    Based off of that trailer I have absolutely no idea of what the movie is actually supposed to be about. To be honest, I'm not really that interested in it and I'm probably not going to end up seeing it.

7. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    as what @ShinigamiMiroku said, this seems to pay reference to the second film- Pokémon 2000: The Power of One.

8. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I wonder if they'll actually use the English version of Lugia's Theme or just use the Japanese one. Sounds like they might go with the latter option.

9. Friskian

Friskian Hex Maniac

Enemy Stand
    (Trickster)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    H.Y.P.E.R H.Y.P.E , yes i am hype for da movie

10. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Hopefully Ash isn't too stupid (Unova), cocky (Kanto) or weird (Alola) this time, da~

11. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I'm kinda used to the directors making Ash act weird. Tbh I'm just gonna watch it for watching sake.

12. Otter Mii-kun

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    Given the title and what the 20th movie was about, this sounds like it's going to be a re-telling of the Orange Islands saga via the "alternate universe" with all-new characters (as we saw with I Choose You.)

13. Saraceaser

Elfea
    (Honedge)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽48.0
    I think I might give it the benefit of the doubt (since these seem to range from okay to pretty freaking fantastic) and give it a watch, but first I want to see more info. on it before I pass any pre-watch judgement.

14. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I have zero interest in seeing this movie and I'll probably only watch it if they happen to add it to Netflix in the future. Even then, that isn't a 100% guarantee I'll watch it.
    I haven't enjoyed a Pokémon movie since Zoroark: Master of Illusions, so I highly doubt I'll like this one.

15. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I have an outstanding date with friends to go watch it if it comes to the cinema’s here!