1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Aug 16, 2020.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

IIRC one of the jewels is an aquamarine...

You know this, but your character doesn't--the sword will be key to beating the final Dragon King

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    One question though, will Blacky's master know about this? If yes, he might as well tell Blacky when the timing's right.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

Yes, he will--he can reveal it at a good time.

4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @WavePearl @ChocoChicken @122 Generation

So... questions that's been stuck in my head for a good while:
    • About this (and bonus point if you know where I got it from):
    Where do you guys think this would be better off as: one of the rewards from Calyrex quest or one of the loots in Shadow DK lair?​
    • Since this RP was, according to 122 back then, originally meant to accommodate Sword and Shield, should we throw Eternatus in? Y'know, being the games' big boss and all.

#524 May 7, 2023
    Last edited: May 7, 2023
    122 Generation likes this.
  5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I mean, I think it's pretty obvious this game was Sword/Shield based. As for Eternatus, if I had to guess, Wave's plan already accommodates for that, but I think I'll keep my predictions to myself for now.

6. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @ChocoChicken

Eternatus was meant to be part of the story all along.

7. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    And the next question is, when? As the Shadow DK? Or as the Sol one? Or sometime after that? Whatever it is, I'm hoping we all can steer the story that way.

#527 May 7, 2023
    Last edited: May 7, 2023
  8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

You know this, but characters don't--he is the Shadow DK--so feel free to work Zacian and Zamazenta in too.

9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Oooh, now that's interesting. Spikeford townsfolk turned out to be Eternatus worshippers~ :o

@ChocoChicken @122 Generation What do you guys think?

10. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    Oh, that's new.
    If we had the Bonetail inspiration with that as well, I do remember this one guy had a Sw/Sh rewrite involving an Eternatus fossil. Perhaps that's the body of the Shadow Dragon King, its power already having been siphoned into various minibosses/assassins of the night?
    Just incorporating that into our earlier ideas.

Speaking of the minibosses, outside of Miss Magius, the Decidueye, and others, I feel like we could have like, five or six, with two-three making up the "final boss" in front of Eternatus's skeleton/fossil, and three minibosses, if that sounds good. I feel like a Zoroark (Unovan) would be a good fit as a third one.

To be completely honest, I'm not sure if there's really a place for Zacian/Zamazenta with the current direction. Perhaps imagery, but we already had Zacian and Zamazenta in the Stow-on-Side mural. Maybe the runes picked up then (did we have runes?) could be used during the fights themselves? Probably against the Zoroark considering regular type effectiveness, though I'm not sure how it works out with Wave's type chart - although I think we've been sticking to the Pokémon one for damage.

WavePearl likes this.
  11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★

And now I wanna try my hands on some theory crafting for the Shadow DK, Eternatus, Zacian, and Zamazenta. May sound confusing (and a bit bloody), but I tried.
    Back when the Dragon Kings started their conquest on Ardamore, a then-benevolent Eternatus fought the original Shadow DK at what would be Latermore in the RP-verse. Zacian and Zamazenta were there, ready to help, but Eternatus had them evacuate the townsfolk instead -- hence the statues of the twin wolves in Latermore. The two dragons fought fiercely until they ended up killing each other. But little did Eternatus know that the other DKs used his body to revive the Shadow one (akin to Emblem Alear's formation in FE Engage) since the original body was maimed beyond repair.

Years later, the Shadow DK -- now in Eternatus' body -- had already settled in what would be Spikeford in the RP-verse. A band of local heroes went on a quest to slay the dragon, much like what our MCs are currently doing. Unbeknownst to the heroes though, his power had already been siphoned into them at his "death" and that power swayed them enough to switch sides (they had less resistance to such hypnosis since the Shadow DK was their first target) and would be passed down to their descendants, thus making Spikeford into what it is today.

Over time, the Dragon Kings became too complacent to the point of believing they were invincible and their bonds to each other weakening little by little. This is why they failed to notice their brethrens falling one by one over the course of our RP. And should the Shadow DK try to siphon his power into our MCs, they would've had much more resistance to its effects than the previous heroes thanks to their track record of having already slain six DKs beforehand.

And one more random (and less serious) thought: Should the Spikeford resistance be led by a Hydreigon? Or a Quagsire? Or who?

WavePearl likes this.
  12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

I wouldn't be opposed to a Dragonair or Altaria...

13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    That, or... maybe let @ChocoChicken surprise us? ;)

@WavePearl @122 Generation

Anywho, more food for thoughts:
    How if, a round or two before the Spikeford arc's final boss, we have the gang fight these goops called the Void Shadows (a.k.a. "shadow slimes")? Like the slimes, while not much a threat on their own, these things can be quite annoying as a horde. But unlike the slimes, they can clone themselves and shapeshift into another Pokémon -- which is why they're quite annoying in the first place.

Now, I'd imagine we'll come in the Shadow lair with more than just our MCs in tow (i.e. our MCs, Josson, someone(s) from the Society, and someone(s) from the resistance). Quite a huge party, I know, but it'll be cut down once the Void Shadows join in the fray. And no, we won't kill the allies either -- they'll hold the shadowy blobs back while pushing our MCs forward instead.
    More PSMD references, I know, but I digress.

14. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    @WavePearl
    My vote would go towards the Hydreigon to be honest. Gives off more of the impression of an old-timer who knows the town well enough to guide the team.

I think the Void Shadows would be cool, yeah. I could also throw in some necromancy talk from one of the "boss" underlings, and make it so they summoned the Shadow Slimes?

Here's my current possible breakdown.
    Full army - break into Shadowblight underground
    Miniboss 1 - the party fights the miniboss, whilst Ampharos(?), Josson, and the others pick off underlings in the background (more flavor text than anything.)
    Miniboss 2 - the Void Shadows come in halfway through and take out the bigger party (we can have Josson join the main fight when this happens for a 5 on 1, before he has to stay back). The Eeveelution gang continues on.
    Final Boss - Miss Magius and two underlings, one of whom summoned the Void Shadows. That's a fight with seven people, so I think we shouldn't push it past that.

Of the four underling minibosses, we have looks for a Decidueye archer from @SAF and the Unovan Zoroark I proposed. The archer might not hold its own, so I might pop that as one of Miss Magius's underlings - which means it'll be Miss Magius, Necromancer, and Decidueye. This also means we should come up with a necromancer boss plus one more minion - we haven't covered any poison-types yet, so we should possibly look in that direction.

Eternatus's skeleton will be in the last fight, possibly providing boosts of dark energy periodically during the fight and being an additional target to remove buffs. Maybe it might even reconstitute its own skeleton every now and then to keep the party on its toes.

I think the 4 on 1 we're used to works fine, so whilst I'm not opposed to the bigger sized raid, I don't want to put too much on @122 Generation 's calculations. Unless they want Wave or me to run the numbers, that is, but it would still be taxing. SAF will take control of Josson, and I'll take Miss Magius for backstory reasons, but everyone else is free if they want to control a miniboss, ally, or so. Verdicts?

#534 May 9, 2023
    Last edited: May 9, 2023
    122 Generation, WavePearl and SAF like this.
  15. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    I do remember doing a lot of calculations in the Kirby RP. That actually took forever to calculate and write out the battle scene. However, I can manage more than just one opponent. For the final battle, I’m okay with controlling the gameplay. It’s just that it will take time.

I had almost forgotten to factor the Sword and Shield element as this really has turned into a PMD style story. Plus we ought to introduce Ampharos at some point. The resistance should be enough. Now Spikeford seems to have taken a dark turn.

(I need more time to check on the later posts)

16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @WavePearl @ChocoChicken

About that, all I can imagine is him bumping into any one of our MCs because, well, we all know how Chief Ampharos is. :hello:

Also, thank you for the reminder that we all need to move on IC. :thumbsup:

122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  17. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★

By the way, I should've asked this earlier: who should we have Chief Ampharos bump with: Aine, Xuehua, Atelier, or Blacky?

18. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    Honestly I'd just roll RNG. I think there's good story potential behind all of them, though I'm personally reading this as who gets bumped into gets the information first (Aine as the leader, Blacky is the one who has the letter and often times the face of the party, Xuehua for the fact they're headed to Spikeford, whilst Atelier as tactician would probably always be happy to accept more knowledge.)

If the bumping into is solely for comic relief, I would probably still roll RNG, because I don't know if it would majorly affect who's there. Though I would avoid Atelier in that case, the guy seems like he's about to collapse as is.

-

Unrelated note! I just found a list of mons I had for minions that I compiled a while back. We have the Decidueye and Zoroark, but we might need two more.

- Dragalge
    - Froslass
    - Drapion
    - Dusknoir
    - Gourgeist
    - Weavile
    - Toxtricity
    - Polteageist

I feel like Dragalge would be a good option - aesthetically, it fits in well, and also provides the Poison-type Shadow coverage, though I'm open to other opinions. Then we'd still need to pick out another, and decide the miniboss order.

122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
  20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @ChocoChicken @122 Generation @WavePearl

For the Poison-type Shadow coverage thing, I'd say Toxtricity could be a fun choice with loud guitar sounds and all. That is, assuming the dungeon itself is soundproofed enough to not disturb the school right above it. ;)

Also... remind me, have we decided on who the "necromancer mon" is? Iirc Choco mentioned it when we talked about the Void Shadows earlier.

WavePearl likes this.