1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Pokemon Legends: The Phoenix and the Demon Emperor (IC thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Jun 23, 2021.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Kotone looked back at the blond-haired boy. "Uh... Not that I know where to go, that is! The job description at school was to follow Mio here, and that's really about it. Only she would know, right?"

2. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Yeah, right," Hideki let out a sigh. This chattery girl here did have a point, alright. To be fair though, not even the chief actually told me about Lady Mio's real deal, he thought.

"So... where should we start from?" Kaede repeated Hideki's question earlier, but this time it's directed at the shrine maiden herself. Considering the differences between this Ransei and the one back home, the time-traveler couldn't really rely on her mental map here.

(I should've said that my previous question was a general one yet I forgot to say so. Apologies. :sweat:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    (Let Makoto deal with that :P)

Kotone felt Makoto nudge her side. "He wasn't asking you," he muttered.

"Whaaaaaat? Makoto, how could you know? He was looking at me! I was expected to know!" Kotone complained, only to receive another nudge from the blue-haired boy. He directed Kotone's attention to Mio.

SAF likes this.
  4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Yo @WavePearl, did you somehow miss the in-character questions? Mio is the quest giver here, remember?)

5. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF @122 Generation

(peels self away from filling in more of the map)

"We could start by traveling northward over Fortune Hill to the Temple of the Natural Earth." Mio suggested. "As a Legendary Pokémon of nature, Shaymin would likely know where to begin our search."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Let's see..." Hideki pulled out his own map and opened it up in front of everyone with Kaede shuffling closer to it. "We're right here," he pointed at the dot representing their current location. "And northward is..." Hideki drew an imaginary line to the map's north with his finger, eventually stopping at a hill labeled "Fortune Hill". "...this one, right?"

7. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Kotone shuffled herself right beside the others to have a closer look at the map too. "Seriously? That's not too far away! And perhaps Shaymin might be a wise one! You could learn a thing or two, Belle." She gently played with the Bellossom's head. "What do you think, Makoto?"

Makoto shrugged. "I don't care," he muttered.

8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF @122 Generation

Mio nodded when she saw Hideki point out Fortune Hill. "The Temple of the Natural Earth is a little farther north from there, nestled in a forest. Luckily, it is not totally isolated--there is a way to the main road from the temple path."

9. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    “Then should we go there? Let’s hit the road!” Kotone said. “We should check out this forest.”

Makoto stayed quiet. Just what kind of hero work did his school get him into? And with the redhead no less.

10. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Both Hideki and Kaede nodded at Kotone as the former put his map back in his inventory. But deep down Kaede still wondered how the layout of this Ransei became very different from the one back home. Was it really a geographical thing as the Terreran folks had claimed? And how if she got lost somehow?

Noticing Kaede's worried look, Hideki held both of her hands and looked into her light blue eyes. "Don't worry Yukimura, we got this. Stick with us and you won't get lost, okay?" he reassured her. Again, the blue-haired girl nodded. "And please, just call me Kaede," she muttered, to which her Avian companion complied.

(No, this is not really a shipping material. Kaede's just not sure what to do even after two weeks in this world.)

122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF @122 Generation

"If you need to gather supplies, the market is open." Mio assured the group.

She then gave them each a small bag filled with coins. "I've been saving up for this journey for a long time...here is a thousand sen to cover supplies and expenses."

12. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    "Looks like something is on Yukimura's mind. Is she okay?" Makoto muttered.

But Kotone was thinking of something otherwise. "Aw... Look at those two! Why can't we have a bond like that, Mako? You know, you could learn a thing or two from Mori. At least mention your name!" Kotone then took the two bags of sen, including Makoto's. Seeing that, Makoto reached out to Kotone for his, but the redhead playfully pulled away.

Sighing and seeing there was no way out of this, he faced Mio, Kaede, and Hideki. "Yuki Makoto," he quietly said with a bow.

Kotone burst into a wider grin and then threw the bag of sen to Makoto. Not tossed. Threw. The bag hit Makoto's head, but the blue-haired boy was unfazed.

13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Uh... did Kotone just make my previous post a shipping material? >:))

Both Hideki and Kaede gratefully accepted their bags of 1000 sen each. This was especially handy for Kaede, considering she had no money at the time of her time-traveling stunt. It also made her kinda wish she was a Psychic-type instead of an Ice-type so she could make some sort of dimensional pocket and put her things in there. Sounds random, yeah, but still...

"Excuse me, what?" Hideki's retort at Kotone snapped Kaede back to reality. Never did the two expect anything like that, what with their 3-years (physical) age gap and Kaede's unusual situation. They did hear the blue-haired boy introducing himself, at least.

"Just so you know, I first met Yuki- Kaede here several days ago. She looked very confused when I first opened my map in front of her, saying that Ransei looks different in her time and all," the blonde warrior clarified. All he knew about Kaede's Ransei was that it looked roughly like Arceus, but that's it. He didn't see her doodle outside just a moment ago.

122 Generation likes this.
  14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF @122 Generation

"When you finish your shopping, meet by the inn at the town square." Mio explained. "I will arrange rooms for all of us, and we will depart in the morning."

15. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    (Kotone loves to play around, even if it means jumping to shipping people when she can see it)

“You see, Kotone, you’re reading too much into it. And consider that one is older than the other,” Makoto said, in light of Hideki snapping at the redhead. He knelt down to pick up the fallen pieces of sen and put them back in the respective bag. “Besides, Mori is only helping Yukimura. They only just met.”

Kotone’s smile never wavered despite the remarks from the boys. “Then… would that mean anyone of the same age are a better match?” She looked back at Makoto with twinkling eyes.

Makoto looked the other way. “Let’s get shopping done, and don’t get any ideas.” He should have expected as much from the redhead.

“I’ll be your shopping buddy then!” Kotone said cheerfully.

SAF and WavePearl like this.
  16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @122 Generation

(Can I say I practically love Kotone already? Mio's going to have quite the headache keeping her in line...)

122 Generation and SAF like this.
  17. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Same here, actually. Good thing the boys got to stop the ship tease before it could escalate.)

"Now now, I know my situation is weird, but..." Kaede tried to intervene only for the other duo to leave for a shopping session. "Welp, okay," she shrugged afterward.

"Uh, Mori, do you know where the armory is? I forgot to buy a spear last time..." Kaede sheepishly asked Hideki who practically had been her tour guide (?) by now. Little did she know that her choice of weapon would eventually lead her to learning a Pokémon move involving icy spears. "Eh, sure. Let's go there now," Hideki agreed anyway. Again, he took her hand and led her outside. Not without excusing themselves, of course.

#37 Jun 29, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    WavePearl likes this.
  18. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    (Ooh. Just wait. If there's any chance to step out of line, or cause Mio a headache, Kotone will take it. Shipping included. Makoto, on the other hand...)

By the time Makoto had cleaned up the mess Kotone had made, Kotone had pulled him up and on his feet. At first, she asked Makoto where he would like to go shopping, but it became more like Makoto following where Kotone wanted to go. Really, there was only one place they could go to, which was the market. At the market, Kotone was doing her best to get Makoto interested in something. And she had also taken his money too.

"Do you like spears? Or swords?" Kotone said. "Or what about armour? I think some kind of dress will look amazing on you. You know, something has to look good, right? Say... school robes?"

"..." Makoto didn't say anything.

"Aw, come on, Mako! You can do better than that!" Kotone pouted. "You have to be less boring. Ooh. How about this? Let's buy a supply of tofu!"

"That is not a good use of resources," Makoto said.

"If you don't buy something, I'll do it. With your money!" Kotone said, holding up Makoto's bag of sen.

WavePearl and SAF like this.
  19. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF @122 Generation

(In the market, you can visit:

--the forge (weapons and armor)
    --the alchemist (helpful potions)
    --the general store (basic sundries)
    --the performer's shop (for instruments, ribbons, and puppets; if your character uses them)

You may find Ash and Serena somewhere in the market and central square--you can hear Ash long before you see him. (Ash is playing flute while Serena dances--two theater performers drumming up publicity for the local troupe in True Sun Town)

20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    The market itself was as busy as ever with people buying and selling things. Yet it didn't stop Hideki and Kaede from going to the forge (or the armory, as Kaede called it).

As soon as the duo arrived, Hideki was the first to enter the forge with Kaede following suit. "Excuse me..."