1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Nov 22, 2022.

1. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    In that case, I've added the specifics for Fiore's preferred uniforms and changed Katey's study track from Foreign Languages to Instrumental Music. She still keeps Trainer Studies in her study plans, though.

Also also, I added Instrumental Music as one of Fiore's potential tracks because I kinda want my kiddos to perform a certain set of songs when they get the chance...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    WavePearl likes this.
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

Are we ready to go, or are we waiting on any more?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    I'd appreciate it if we can make this RP open to future participants and/or additional characters. But for now, I'm good to go. :thumbsup:

4. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

Okay--I'll have the thread up as a 1v1 later today (but I will turn it into a group RP if more join in)

SAF likes this.
  5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Okay, before I actually post, what are the dorm houses in Naranja? Are they styled a la Hogwarts houses or something similar?

6. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

There isn't a house cup per se, but the different houses do have spirit activities. Some of them are exclusive to foreign students (and they are all named after types of oranges, so I will acknowledge the Orange Islands in the house names:

So far, these are the known houses:

Kinnowin House (anyone)
    Mikan House (Wakunese students)
    Valencia House (anyone)
    Bergamot House (Kalosian students)

7. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Dang, figured that the houses would be based on oranges. Since Fiore is a native Paldean and Katey is an Alolan, I'd say they're both limited to either Kinnowin or Valencia for the houses. :sweat:

How about Nemona, though? What's her house here?

Anyway, the required fine art credit can be any types of art, right?

8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

Any art class counts.

Juliana and Nemona are together in Kinnowin House

9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    In that case, for the sake of easier story-focusing, I'll lump my kiddos together in the Kinnowin House too. Although, unlike Juliana and Nemona, they'll take instrumental music (at least on guitar but might take more) for their mandatory art credits.

And if you'll excuse me, I might take awhile to set my first IC post up.

WavePearl likes this.
  10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @SAF

Take your time--there's no rush

11. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    I was actually about to name my SV protagonist Juliana, as it happens.

I'm mulling over joining this, but my hands are quite full with the other RPs and my fanfic. But if I were to join, I'm thinking of taking a humorous twist by joining as a Pokémon (namely Kirlia) disguised as a human in the school. That, or I could always pull one of my OCs from one of my fics (or even bring back Kotone from other RPs haha).

SAF likes this.
  12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
  13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    I mean, it is her canon name. Maybe the game would default to that if a female MC is left unnamed?

Oooh, imagine the potentially ensuing chaos when one of your (class/dorm/whatever)-mates turns out to be a Pokémon all along~ >:D

And Kotone, eh? Like, your own bundle of gremlin energy? I do wonder if Makoto's gonna tag along if she's here... >:D

122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  14. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    I haven't named my protagonist the 'canon' name ever since custom appearances were possible. So doing this is kind of a throwback for me.

And that's also the idea: imagine the chaos indeed when the truth is uncovered!

You know, adding Makoto here will probably be a good idea. I'll make it so he has a scaled-down role, but we'll see.

Or simply we could just call it Galarian, to keep things simple.

By the way, Kotone and Makoto shall appear as third year transfer students. And let me borrow SAF's form...
    Name: Evergreen
    Hometown: Larousse, Hoenn
    Studies: General Pokémon Studies, Trainer Studies, Home Ec
    Appearance: a Kirlia (literally)
    Bio: Evergreen is not your average Pokémon. As a Ralts, she had lived much of her early days alone until she was welcomed by a toddler into her home (and when said toddler was about eight, she gave Evergreen her name). It was then while growing up that Evergreen learned telepathy and was able to communicate with humans, and to the point that her friend became her battle partner. Although she is technically her Trainer's Pokémon and is timid by nature, Evergreen is fiercely independent but she can be easily flustered, and has a soft spot for gummies. She came to Naranja just to try out the student life while also being a little more educated... even though she never told anyone at the school that she was a Pokémon.
    Pokémon: None (no surprise!)

Name: Kotone Shiomi
    Hometown: Canalave City, Sinnoh
    Studies: Coordinator Studies, Instrumental Music, Dance
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: An extremely cheerful and bubbly resident of Canalave City. She isn't afraid to speak her mind and she cares for pretty much everyone around her, which is why she is so admired. But she also loves poking fun at others to the point of making up her shippings and OTPs (one true pairings), since she does have a liking to romantic shows and fanfiction. She even ships herself with her opposite, Makoto (who is calmed, reserved, and hot, in Kotone's opinion). Wanting to try out exchange school, she applied to come to Naranja just for the fun of it for one year (with a possible extension).
    Pokémon: Citronelle the Petilil
    Name: Makoto Yuki
    Hometown: Canalave City, Sinnoh
    Studies: Math, Dance
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Bio: Calm, reserved, and of few words. Needless to say he doesn't care for anything; friends, Pokémon, or companionship in general. Makoto is a diligent student, despite sleeping in class half the time, and neither will he hesitate to help others despite his personality. Very much Kotone's opposite, he only came along (reluctantly) with Kotone to Naranja because Kotone insisted. Not that he cared either. Like Kotone, he would join for one year as an exchange student. Separately, seeing that he knew what might happen if Kotone was on her own (as he was pretty much the one soul who could endure Kotone's wild nature).
    Pokémon: Rex the Umbreon
    I'll just say for the record that I do not own these images.

I also considered using my version of DP's Mars (where I wrote a fanfic of her being an International Police agent), but the age range in this RP just wouldn't work for that.

That said, I may just stick with playing as mostly Evergreen because I may not have the energy to do multiple RPs at once...

15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    @122 Generation

Okay, those are good to go!

Let me update the IC thread to a group...

16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @122 Generation

One question: how does Evergreen look like in her human form?

WavePearl likes this.
  17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Actually... Evergreen has no human form. She is a pure Pokémon. But she does act pretty human for all practical reasons. Now at this school, she will do her best to cover herself up with clothes to make it not obvious.

I'm actually borrowing the idea from a fanfic I read that talked about a Ralts that was doing her best to disguise herself from the human race, so she wandered about with her face and body covered up (claiming she had sunlight sensitivity).

If you asking what if she had a human form, it wouldn't be hard to imagine. :)

18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    So... maybe she'd wear either spring or winter uniform all year long? I'd imagine those two sets would provide the most coverage out of the available uniforms.

WavePearl likes this.
  19. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    She definitely would wear the spring or winter uniform all year long - anything to minimise revealing her arms or legs. Autumn uniform is passable, provided no one looks real hard at her knees.

The hat might be enough to cover her horns, but hopefully people might just think they're hairpins in case if they see one.

20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    I mean, Katey wears a Skitty-eared headband to school, so a pair of Kirlia horns-like hairpins shouldn't be too farfetched, right? :thumbsup:

Btw @WavePearl, given Team Star's reputation before + - Starfall Street route kicks in   , will there be a chance of their shenanigans happening in Naranja? Or will it be Uva's problem instead?