1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Pokemon: The Journey to Celestial Crown Mountain

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Feb 6, 2022.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,111.5
    @SAF @Ignem

It is a grand tradition in Hisui--guiding a Kubfu to the peak of Celestial Crown Mountain--what we know today as Mt.Coronet. There, it is said, the Kubfu will evolve into one of twelve different Urshifus, and its guides will become gods themselves.

But the way to Celestial Crown Mountain is not easy--the Kubfu must master many different martial arts, and climb to the tops of the Jeweled Towers. The Kubfu and their guides may even be accosted by warlords, greedy nobles, and yokai.

Even though there are many that wish to harm the travelers and your Kubfu, there are many more that want to help--the most prominent of these being the Six Great Masters--Master Ruby Phoenix, Master Sapphire Dragon, Master Emerald Raikou, Master Golden Delphox, Master Jade Beautifly, and Master Pearl Deerling.

Our story concerns a band of heroes guiding a Kubfu--will they survive the long and perilous journey to Celestial Crown Mountain?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,796.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Sorry for the wait. Here's Akihisa's intro for now. I'm planning to get Hana in later.)

Somewhere in Celebration Village, a Kubfu could be seen dragging a youth in a red and white outfit of a cleric-in-training into a dojo known for training aspiring Kubfu guides. In this youth's case though, he didn't really sign himself up for this Kubfu guide business -- he simply did it as a favor for the Kubfu he had nursed back to health. Plus, his mentor did tell him that having a self-defense course or two should do good for him in case shit hits the fan while on the job (not his mentor's exact words, but you get the gist). That said, the duo entered the dojo.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    WavePearl likes this.
  3. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,111.5
    @SAF

(Will wait for introductions to be done before we head out...)

4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,796.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Actually, Hana's intro can wait until Aki enters the dojo. Let's wait for Tyson's for now.

Cc: @Ignem)

WavePearl likes this.
  5. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    In Twinleaf village in a small house, 19 year old male was seen packing a backpack, preparing for a journey. At his feet was a blue-black colored bipedal Pokémon, Riolu. It seemed to be helping the boy with the preparations.

"Just a bit more and we are done. " he said as he looked around, "Where is Kubfu?"

6. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,111.5
    @Ignem

(If you start in Twin Leaf Village, you can either tame a wild Kubfu or get one from Sage Rowan in True Sand Village. You can also journey to Celebration Village and get one there)

7. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,796.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (If I get this right:
    Tyson's Kubfu is technically a runaway because their previous guide was abusive to them.)

WavePearl and Ignem like this.
  8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,796.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Celebration Village, Hisui

Not far from the same dojo that the cleric-in-training went into, a slate gray-haired young lady could be seen feeding some stray cats. Most of them were Glameow, though some Skitty and Meowth were there too. Apparently this girl was having a break from the dojo's rigorous training and she usually did this while on break. Unlike most of the time though, a random someone accidentally (?) shoved her aside. She would've faceplanted right there hadn't her Incineroar swiftly caught her in time.

(If @Ignem is cool with it, that "random someone" would be the ex-guide of Tyson's Kubfu who's somehow mistaking Aki's Kubfu as Tyson's. Otherwise, they'd be just a random NPC.)

9. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    (i am fine with that)

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,111.5
    @SAF

"Are you all right, Hana-san?" The dojomaster had seen the whole thing, and was assessing Hana's condition before going to scold the troublesome student that had pushed her.

#10 Feb 25, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,796.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (...wait a minute. This is supposed to be Hana's intro:
    Tl;dr, the ex-guide of Tyson's Kubfu shoved Hana aside upon seeing a Kubfu leading Aki into the dojo. Hana was feeding some stray cats on the street and Tyson was at Twin Leaf Village when it happened. Plus, you're misgendering Aki there.)

#11 Feb 25, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,111.5
    @SAF

(I will go fix that now...it wasn't clear who that was for--and I apologize for mixing up genders)

13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,796.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Welp, sorry about that. I thought the who's who was clear enough from their bios and all. And while I'm at it, may I remind y'all of Tyson's side of the story as well?)

Celebration Village Just when the young man and the Kubfu was about to enter the dojo, they noticed a commotion nearby. His Chimecho flying straight up there didn't help either. "Bella?" the boy called his Chimecho out only to be ignored. Can't be helped, then. He ended up following her with poor Kubfu in tow.

"Ow, I'm good, really," the girl, now named Hana, assured the dojomaster as her Incineroar helped her to stand up. "Thanks, Torra," she thanked her muscular feline partner with a smile. Just what the heck is their problem, huh?

Twin Leaf Village

#13 Feb 25, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,111.5
    @SAF @Ignem

[I'm here...] a small bear Pokémon replied as it entered the room. [Where is it we are going?]

15. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,796.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    So the white-haired young man (or was it platinum blonde?) found a girl being steadied by an Incineroar and the dojomaster scolding someone who seemed to be the troublemaker. [Aki?] Bella chimed, which was responded by a nod from her human. "Hey, Miss," he called out to the girl. "Is everything okay?"

The girl, Hana, turned to the new guy calling out to her. Judging from his outfit, he seemed to be a cleric-in-training. "I'm good, but the kitties..." her voice turned into a concern as she turned to the shell-shocked kitties. Hana then let out a sigh and softened her voice to try soothing them, "There, there." And as expected from the cleric-to-be, Aki and his Chimecho checked on the kitties and tried to cure their wounds from all the stray cat shenanigans they had done. This Meowth's claw scratches, that Glameow's (almost) broken tail, another Skitty's wounded face, things like that.

Alas, neither Hana nor Aki realized that the small bear Pokémon clinging on the latter's leg drew the troublemaker's attention. "Oi, you!" he harshly called out to the white-haired boy and accused, "You took my Kubfu away, right? RIGHT???" However, instead of the anticipated shudder of guilt, confusion ensued on the accused's part. "Huh? Did you really come back from the dead for that?" Aki wondered, all while basing on the fact that this particular Kubfu's former guide was killed by a mercenary. To the troublemaker, however, it sounded like he was condemning him to death, hence his attempt to escalate things. But then...

"STOP IT, YOU TWO!!!" Hana's shout snapped the arguing people back to their senses. To the troublemaker, she sternly asked, "You, what did you do when your Kubfu ran away?" And to the Kubfu, she asked, "And you, Kubfu, what happened before you came back here?"

(Iirc the deceased guide is a girl and the troublemaker is a boy because I thought it would be funny if their genders are different.)

#15 Mar 3, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,111.5
    @SAF

(I believe that's what was agreed on)

SAF likes this.
  17. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,796.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Aight. So for Hana's questions:
    This is why Mr. Troublemaker had his Kubfu ran away according to @Ignem:
    And this is the present Kubfu's (re: Aki's Kubfu's) side of the story:
    That said, I'm not sure how to properly weave all those in the story...)

18. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,111.5
    @SAF

The Kubfu shuddered at the sight of the boy. If he's come to take me back, I refuse to go with him!

19. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,796.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Uh...

Did Aki and Tyson swap their Kubfu somehow?)

20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,111.5
    @SAF

(I was just trying to find a way to work in your ideas...so how should we do this?)