1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Pokemon: Warrior of the Red Flute (IC thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by WavePearl, Apr 27, 2020.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Jupjami @sanianisa

Here we go!

"You're sure you want to do this?" Brock asked as he, Ash, Misty, and Serena watched the people of the town go about their routines from the town square.

"Sure, I'm sure--how can I sit idly by if I know Nobunaga could be revived at any moment?" Ash replied, toying with a sparkling red flute with elegant designs as he spoke.

"Well, if you are going to attempt to fulfill this prophecy, you're probably gonna need more than us to help you." Misty cautioned. "That was why we came here."

"On the day the hero and the guardian howl together with a red flute, the song will usher forth a rainbow, and a world of light." Serena quoted the prophecy in question. "I have no doubt of your abilities, Ash...but even Taki needed a little help in her quest to defeat Nobunaga."

"This is why I put a bill out at the adventurer's guild." Brock explained. "If we're going up against a primal dragon, we're going to need all the help we can get, in addition to all of us learning and mastering as many martial arts as we can."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    "..." Yamaguro sighed as he walked along a busy road, people talking animatedly as he went past. He and his Shedninja were tasked by the adventurers' guild to accompany some... kids on their adventure to 'defeat' Nobunaga.
    "Oi oi oi, lookie here, fellas," someone bellowed from behind him, making the warrior sigh even more as he turned around to see a large burly man with several lankies. "I don't think I've seen 'ya around these parts before, which means 'ya definitely have a lot of dough with 'ya! Care to share~?"
    Both Yamaguro and his Shedninja stared at them blankly, before grabbing a notepad and writing something.
    Sorry, but I don't bring money, and if I had, no idiot in their right mind would give them to strangers who look like they haven't bathed for days, he wrote, angering the thieves.
    "You'll pay for that remark! Go get 'im, boys!" the head crook ordered, his henchmen surrounding the bandage-wrapped adventurer, who sighed once more as the smirking thugs inched closer and closer to him.
    I'm too tired for this, Yamaguro thought as the unconscious bodies of all of the thugs laid strewn on the ground with many curious bystanders staring at them from the distance. Now where was it... oh yes, the town square... Sighing once more, the warrior and Pokémon continued their way towards their destination.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Meanwhile, at the town square, there's Natsu, a blonde, teenage boy in a set of light blue yukata and with a Lucario by his side, helping an old woman carrying her groceries. The three were on their way to the old woman's house when a ball came their way from some kids playing with it. It almost hit the old woman weren't it for Lucario catching the ball. One of the kids immediately came to retrieve the ball. "W-we're sorry..." the kid profusely apologized to Natsu and the old woman. Nobody's mad about it, fortunately. Natsu just crouched down to the kid's eye level as Lucario gave back the ball.
    "Be careful next time, okay?" Natsu said with his normally gentle tone. The kid nodded, then ran back to his friends. And then the three went on with their trip.

As soon as he's done with the old lady's groceries, Natsu heard a scream for help not too far from there. This time it's from a young girl around his age who just had her handbag stolen.
    "Hey, lady, what's wrong?" Natsu asked as soon as he got there, to which the girl answered with tears on her eyes, "My bag... someone got my white bag..."
    "Where did they go?" he asked again. This time she only pointed at the town square. Natsu nodded, then ran back to the town square together with Lucario. The two eventually caught up with the thief carrying a white handbag.
    There, it gotta be hers, he thought. "Lucario! Get 'em!" he ordered. Lucario immediately sped up, getting closer to the thief. Before the thief could do anything though, a Spirit Shackle got their leg, stopping them from going even further. Couldn't believe his eyes, Natsu looked up to the rooftops while his Lucario grabbed the bag. Turned out that the Spirit Shackle earlier came from his Decidueye standing there, watching over them all this time.
    "Junaiper-sama..." he muttered upon seeing the very same Decidueye who taught him archery several years ago. Junaiper swooped down to the scene, asking if they're okay. "Thank you, sir. We're fine, really." Natsu said, reassuring the Decidueye. Lucario then gave the girl's handbag to the yumidou. They later agreed to split up; the human boy gave back the girl's handbag and the two Pokémon surrendered the thief to the local police (?). And when they all finished with their businesses, they met up at the town square.

(Uh... how should I call Ransei's policemen again? :sweat:)

#3 Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  4. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @sanianisa @Jupjami

(The police force in Ransei doesn't have an official name per se, just a network of guards across cities, towns, and villages)

Brock noticed that the bill he had posted had attracted a couple of interested adventurers. "Thank you for responding to our bill." he replied. "Since the nature of our request is sensitive, let's go somewhere private to brief you.

"Yes--we don't want evil sects and Nobunaga sympathizers to get wind of this." Misty agreed. While Nobunaga had been soundly defeated by Taki's forces ten years before, there were still remnants of those that were still loyal to his ideals.

#4 Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Noticing someone saying "thank you" to him out of the blue, Natsu turned his head to the voice. He ended up finding a brown-haired guy and an orange-blonde (?) lady there.
    "O-oh, okay..." Natsu a little bit stuttered after listening to them. However...
    "Oh, shoot! My thingies!" he suddenly panicked. Apparently he left most (if not all) of his belongings in his camp, including the rest of his Pokémon team. Lucario and Junaiper then offered to do the packing for him. "Ah, yes, please do," the boy answered before giving five of his six Heart Charms (sans Lucario's) to his Pokémon. As the two Pokémon were leaving for his camp, Natsu himself turned to the two people before him.
    "Sorry about that, folks. Shall we continue?"

#5 Apr 28, 2020
  6. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @sanianisa

(I picture Misty as orange haired)

"If you need to gather belongings, we'll wait." Brock assured the boy. "Otherwise, we would've gone into the marketplace for supplies."

7. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Ah, okay. I'm off then," Natsu said to Brock as he left for his camp.

At the campsite, he saw his Delphox and Azumarill (Mafoxy and Marilli, respectively) cleaning up the bonfire from last night as well as Junaiper on the lookout with Sazandra, his Hydreigon. The boy came inside his tent to find Lucario and Emonga, his Emolga, in the middle of packing everything. They saved Natsu's travelling clothes for last because they knew that he's gonna get changed soon. And yes, he did change into his travelling suit: a light blue shirt, a pair of black trousers, and a pair of black arm warmers. He then took down the tent as soon as Lucario's and Emonga's done. Everyone helped, of course.

As soon as they're all done, Lucario gave the Heart Charms back to Natsu. He then put most of everyone back to their respective Heart Charms (again, sans Lucario). Donning his backpack and his weapons, a bow and a pack of arrows, Natsu and Lucario went back to the town square where Brock and Misty had been waiting.

#7 Apr 28, 2020
  8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @sanianisa

(There's one more I'm waiting on before I can give the quest...)

9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Aight then. Also, please check my DM.)

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
  11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Well, @Jupjami, wanna say something?)

12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @sanianisa

(If I get no answer, I could just make this 1 on 1)

SAF likes this.
  13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Aight. I'm cool with either way.)

14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @sanianisa

(We'll wait and see what happens first.)

15. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    (Ah sh*t, I got banned from using again... anyway, I'm back~)

So those are the people I'm tasked to help, Yamaguro thought as he watched a brunette and a redhead converse with a blonde, who stuttered nervously before running off, no doubt having forgotten some of his belongings. Sighing, he slowly walked up to the dark-skinned brunette, writing something then giving it to him: Are you the ones who want to 'defeat' Nobunaga? If so I am tasked to join you, daft as it may be...

16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @Jupjami

Brock read the note and smiled, then wrote back a reply. "Yes, we are--as soon as the other warrior returns, we will go somewhere private to brief you on the mission. As the nature of our mission is sensitive, we don't want evil sects and Nobunaga sympathizers learning of it."

17. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    Nodding at the brunette's reply, Yamaguro sat on a nearby bench, petting his Shedninja as he thought of the absurdity of his situation. Do they really think that they can stop him..?

18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    A little bit later, Natsu and Lucario arrived back at where they left off before. Fortunately for him, the two people from before were still there, this time with a white-haired guy who looks a little bit older than him.
    "Thanks for waiting, guys," he said. He then looked at the white-haired guy, wanting to ask whether he's coming with them but gotten intimidated somehow. Lucario actually sensed him as a good guy, though.

19. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    ...they're looking at me weird... Yamaguro thought, weirded out by the blonde and his Lucario who had just returned. Writing on his notepad again, he wrote in large letters so that they don't have to approach him or get the notepad. It's quite rude to stare...

20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "A-ah, sorry," Natsu said upon reading the note. Come on, me, he thought as he slapped his own face.
    "Anyway, I'm Natsu. Pleased to meet you," Natsu bowed, introducing himself. "Are you, by chance, coming with us for this, uh, journey?" he asked, this time managing to gather all of his confidence.

(Sorry about that, folks. Natsu just got nervous.)

#20 Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2020