1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Procrastination

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sheinxy, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Sheinxy

Sheinxy Black Belt

Milky
    (Shinx)
    Level 40
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,893.6
    I pretty sure that all of you procrastinated at least one in your life,
    And I wondered,
    How much do you procrastinate?
    And on what do you procrastinate?
    And do you feel like it's a problem?

Personally, I procrastinate a lot, like too much, and on everything. (I'm known by my classmates as the guy who does all his homework the day before the due date, and still ends up having good marks)
    And I feel like procrastinating is a bit of a problem to me, it causes a lot of stress, already being a rather stressful person doesn't help much x3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Actually I’m procrastinating right now :3
    Well I procrastinate a lot, especially on weekends. My mentality always goes to “oh, I’ll do this later” and instead of doing work, I watch videos or play games. And then it becomes a problem when it gets later and later and I haven’t done any work, then I start stressing out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Laserdragon14 likes this.
  3. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I'm procrastinating rn too on a project that is literally due tomorrow, but thankfully I've taken care of everything else that is school related last night so I can just concentrate on the project tonight. I do believe that it is a problem cause I feel like that I should work on stuff when no family is around to complain about me waiting till the last minute to work on something and I have no idea why I think this way but I do.

4. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    Me: I'll just finish this later.
    Also Me: But I need to do it now.
    Also, Also Me: Where's the music?

I think you get it, but I procrastinate without music to sing or listen to. It's the one thing that can stop me from being my lazy self, and it's often the only drive I have to do good in school. Sure, I don't like to be lazy, but I'm a writer, and writing is a big part of me being where I am. If nothing special is happening, I'm usually uninspired or bored (this is often because I lack good and jumpy music). If I'm happy and excited, it's because I have ideas (and because music). I procrastinate without something to listen to or drive my emotions. After all, sound is the key to me.

5. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I procrastinate a lot, but I rarely procrastinate on important things. I'm the kind of guy who says I'll do it now so I can play later, also I'm they guy who builds schedules and follows them religiously. These two combinations makes it so that I rarely ever procrastinate on projects, HW, or other really important things, but the smaller things like laundry often get procrastinated until the last minute. I just don't really want to do those things nor are they that important to delegate time to. A good example is that I just finished my REU submissions a month early, but I haven't done the dishes in over a week.

6. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I'll write a detailed response to this thread later.

Sheinxy likes this.
  7. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★

Funny video that makes good points about procrastination.

8. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    I saw this comment and procrastinated posting here.

In reality, I don't procrastinate a whole ton. I sometimes do with things that I don't want to do, but I'm of the mindset that if you don't do something dreadful now, you have to do it later. Getting stuff done in the present, and even ahead of time, is great, and I do it often, especially with my online classes.