1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pure Flying Types

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Isn't it weird how we have so few pure flying types, or primary type flying types? Would you like to see more?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Kinda wanna see more pure flying types but at the same time flying is not really that great of a type and apparently so forgettable that even Game Freak forgets it considering is given mainly as a secondary type. We only have 1 pure flying type, Tornadus, and the only primary flying mons we have at the Noibat line which is kinda weird since the type have been around since Gen 1.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I agree. We need more pure Flying types, especially since so many have Normal tagged on for no reason.

4. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    I honestly wouldn't be opposed. The fact that there is only one is kinda ridiculous. Normal/Flying is a fine typing, but I think Gamefreak should definitely make more.

5. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    One of the changes I made to a HGSS romhack that I used to play (because I'm not only a modder, but I also mod my mods) was making most Normal-Flying types into pure Flying, leaving only Doduo, Cerbirdus, Farfetch'd, and Chattot retaining their Normal-Flying typing. Why? Because those are either (mostly) flightless birds or have a special reason to use sound and other normal-type attacks. I think it devalues Flying that it's almost always dual type, like it's somehow unworthy of being independent, though it's super unlikely that there will be an official change in the future to make this happen.

6. Roman

Roman Black Belt

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽43.3
    I would love some pure flying types, or some more interesting typings. Like more fighting/flying, or poison/flying.
    There only being technically two pure flying types is incredibly weird

7. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Yeah I agree with you guys, I think they should make more pure flying types. I think they should change the types of the route 1 birds to be pure flying (except Talonflame obviously)

8. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Yep. Normal type is really overused, and the Normal/Flying just as so. Pure flying types would be cool, and I'd like to see more type combinations. There aren't really type combos with Flying that don't exist, so how about adding to the rarer ones? Ice/Flying for example.