1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Scarlet/Violet Scarlet & Violet DLC Predictions

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by BZRich64, Nov 30, 2022.

1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    Pokémon Scarlet and Violet are out now and it's only a matter of time before GameFreak announces their plans for expanding the games with dlc (down-loadable content) like they did with Sword and Shield. The question remains, however, what the dlc expansions will be. I have my own speculative ideas that likely won't come true because my predictions always seem to be wildly off, but I thought I'd share them anyway and would like to see what ideas you all have as well. And of course, this thread (including my own predictions further down) will be riddles with spoilers so make sure you play the game first before joining in on the speculation.

To start with, I'm going to assume that the dlc will be split into two major updates, similar to how Sw/Sh had the Ilse of Armor and Crown Tundra, and will be splitting my guesses up accordingly.

You know that conspicuous mountain range in the Northeast corner of the map that's greyed out like Area Zero. I'm 97% sure that its going to be area for the first expansion. I haven't noticed any mention of it in-game so I'm not sure what to expect there but if we go by real-world geography then the area will be based off of the Pyrenees mountains. I don't know much about them either but apparently they're named after a Greek princess who... um... had an unexpected and unwanted night with Heracles that resulted in her giving birth to a serpent before being mauled to death by wild animals and Heracles convinced the land to form into the mountains as a memorial to her after he realized what he had done. This is a rather dark and unpleasant story that likely won't be drawn from too heavily for Pokémon, but I couldn't help but notice the serpent part makes me think of Koraidon and Miraidon who look rather snake-like even if they are lizards. So my theory is that this expansion will pick up where A Way Home left off and reveal more about the history of the Paradox Pokémon and Terastilazition, likely introducing at least a couple new Paradox Pokémon and maybe a third legendary to go with Koraidon and Miraidon.

If you cross the Pyrenees mountains, you end up in France. Kalos is already a thing and the chances of getting it as dlc in these games can be rounded up to zero. So instead, I think we'll be moving south across the Strait of Gibraltar into Northern Africa, specifically Morocco. I know basically nothing about Morocco, however, so I'm not really sure what to expect from its Pokémon counterpart. But since the Crown Tundra introduced concepts that would be expanded on in these games (having three different 'stories' that are given to the player at the beginning which you can follow in whatever order you choose) then it is likely that this expansion will also be a teaser for however the Gen X games are going to play out.

But those are just my theories and, again, are likely going to be way off because my speculations always are. But what are your predictions for what the Scarlet and Violet dlc may bring?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Haven't played SV myself yet I don't really mind spoilers, so here I am with my own wish for the DLC:
    I'm sure we all know that both of the Paldean professors, Sada and Turo, are Arven's parents. However, only one of them appears in the games (Sada in Scarlet, Turo in Violet) with a twist no professors ever had before, so I just want to know whatever happened with Arven's other parent (Turo in Scarlet, Sada in Violet) in the DLC.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    After playing around in the post game and stumbling into more lore (specifically having finally read the Scarlet Book, which is in the Academy Library) I think I need to revise my earlier predictions pretty significantly. This is probably going to be even more spoiler heavy than before, so unless you've played the games and read either the Scarlet or Violet Books, I strongly suggest holding off on reading these.

Yes, yes, I know what you're probably thinking. 'We can already explore Area Zero in the game. There's a whole storyline set there after beating the first three stories and it features the strongest writing in the series so far, ultimately being the biggest highlight of the games.' I agree, A Way Home was one of the best things in the entire franchise so far... and I think we're getting more of it. This is the big thing I discovered after reading the Scarlet Book: we've barely scratched the surface on what this place holds. You know those mysterious markings in the cave where you catch Roaring Moon/Iron Valiant? There's a page specifically highlighting how there seems to be more to them. You ever see one of those strange metal plates that also have strange symbols on them? Also have a full page in the book pointing them out. You ever wonder why we only got two legendaries (Koraidon and Miraidon) without the unusual third member ala Rayquaza, Giratina or Necrozma? Around half the book is just teasing what the third legendary is and what its role might be. You know all those strange occurrences throughout Area Zero, such as the ancient/future Pokémon, Tera Crystals, etc. It looks like it all comes from one source and it probably isn't time travel at all. Also we're probably getting version exclusive legendary paradox Pokémon based off of the Beast Trio (Scarlet) and Swords of Justice (Violet), with hypothetical sketches of them being found in their respective books.

I'm still convinced we're going to the Pyrenees mountains, though I'm less sure on what will actually be there. If an expanded Area Zero ends up being the story-driven expansion that introduces more Paradox Pokémon, expands on the lore and involved the third legendary, then that kind of takes away everything I initially expected the mountains to have. Although they will probably add another legendary or two in this expansion, it will likely be for a standalone story more like Sword and Shield's expansions. I think this update would be more focused on simply adding more Pokémon to the roster and teasing the format for the next games, similar to what I predicted for the second expansion in my initial post, just in the Pyrenees instead of Morocco.

Edit: After thinking about it a bit more, I suppose this expansion could build up on the Four Treasures's backstory and how they came to be, since we really didn't learn all that much from Raifort. Unlikely, but still possible.

I guess next I need to explore the area around those mountains more and see if I can find any hint as to what they may contain. it could be that I'll have to revise these predictions even more as I continue to dig into these games' lore.

Wizard likes this.
  4. ThomasP

ThomasP PKMN Breeder

Eelie
    (Tynamo)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,422.8
    I don’t know if you think that Dracovish will return in the Pokémon Scarlet and Violet DLC? I don’t know if you think that Dracovish is a popular Pokémon among competitive fans or not? Why?