1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Smile!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dawn, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    How often do you find yourself smiling? Are you of a stoic demeanour, saving your smile for rare occasions that you deem worthy, or are you more of an open and expressive person who likes to show it? Do you find yourself smiling in response to others who do the same?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,164.0
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I don’t really smile that often. I usually have a blank, expressionless stare. I do smile, but usually when I’m getting a picture taken or for color guard (we’re forced to smile).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    In Russia they have a saying that translates to "Never trust someone who smiles for no reason", which is how I keep my face despite being a fairly upbeat guy. I flash a forced smile at people in the hallways, but that's entirely because explaining my calm face to everyone is tiring. I even have to force myself to smile on some occasions so I don't seem like a jerk. Like attending a wedding? My cheeks are going to be hurting and I'm going to be physically exhausted from the focus.

Just... don't ever instruct anyone to smile (unless you're a photographer, maybe), and don't ever let anyone instruct you to smile. Your face is your own, leave it in the shape you want to leave it!

SyWry likes this.
  4. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I only smile when I’m not actively thinking about it.. Anytime I do it on purpose leads to either a smug looking grin or an ear to ear grin that makes my cheeks puffy. The pictures I put on the photo album thread are good examples. For that reason, I have a poker face most of the time.

5. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Stoic, is that a good word to define me? Kind of. I don't tend to wear my emotions on my face and I do come off as dead pan most of the time. However, I do smile a lot. Whether it be a person passing in the halls or someone I'm glad to meet, I smile often and its not always forced. I tend to smile when others are smiling and those are genuine smiles. Sure I don't wear my own emotions on my face, but I'm very receptive to others emotions.

6. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    I smile a LOT. I smile almost everytime I look in any mirror. But, it depends on my mood. Smile can be fake, which hardly happens to me.