1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Spoilers [Spoilers] Which starter will you choose?

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Gwoomy, Feb 27, 2019.

?

Which one?

1. Grookey

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  2. Scorbunny

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  3. Sobble

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  1. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    So! The new games are coming, and we got to see the traditional Grass/Fire/Water trio:
    Grookey, Scorbunny and Sobble!

Do you already know who will come with you? Are you waiting for more info? Discuss below!

Personally, I haven't made my choice yet – I prefer to wait for the evolutions~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Riddles likes this.
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    I am picking Scorbunny hands down!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    They're all cute, but I'm most likely picking Sobble first out of tradition (it's a cute water chameleon, how could I not?). My brother will most likely pick Scorbunny since he typically gravitates towards the fire starters.

Regardless, I'll likely end up using all three during challenge runs.

4. Glitxel

Mya
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽295.4
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★
    I'm kind of conflicted now. After looking at the starters for a good long while I can really seem to make my choice now xD. Though I think I'm in Team Grookey for now. It might change once we start seeing their evolutions but as of now I wanna pick the grass starter

5. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    It's too early to tell for me. They all seem fairly good so far. That being said, I'm leaning towards Scorbunny.

#5 Feb 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  6. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I'll most likely be going with Scorbunny. That may change, though, depending on what it evolves into. We'll just need to wait and see.

7. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    All three look good to me. I'm definitely gonna need more time before I decide my starter, though I am kinda leaning towards Scorbunny. Unusual for me since the only other time I've picked the fire starter first was gen 6

Riddles likes this.
  8. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Sobble for sure. It's super adorable.

9. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    I'll take five sobbles pls and ty <3333

10. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    All three of them are absolutely adorable; I can't decide! :love: T_T

11. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Team Sobble over here. With Kecleon being my favorite Pokémon I will of course go for the shy lizard with a curled up tail.

12. Sheinxy

Sheinxy Black Belt

Milky
    (Shinx)
    Level 40
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,893.6
    I think I will probably go for da cute lil' bunny, but depending on what the evolutions will look like I might change my mind and choose Sobble instead

13. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    SOBBLE SQUAD

SOBBLE SQUAD

SOBBLE SQUAD

Fizzysoda and Jeydis like this.
  14. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Since I generally hate on the fire starters, I promised myself I would like the fire starter this time around. Scorbunny is my favorite! He is a pure being

15. Darkmaster006

Darkmaster006 PKMN Breeder

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9
    Poor Grookey gets no love. As for me, first I thought I would choose the bunny, but honestly Sobble is growing on me...

16. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I'm stuck between Scorbunny and Sobble, I guess I'll choose when I have more info on them.

17. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    It's really sad how the grass Pokémon is always the least popular. Well, I for one like Grookey best so far. It's an adorable little monkey. I'll probably choose Grookey, though like most anybody else I'll wait until I see the final evolutions to decide.

18. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Normally the grass starter is my favorite, but something about Grookey's design is just kind of off-putting to me. I think it's the color combinations. Surprisingly I actually really like Sobble even though the water starter is usually my least favorite. I kind of squealed a little when it showed up in the trailer. I think I'll wait and see, but right now I think it's kind of a tie between Sobble and Scorbunny.

19. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I love all of 'em, but Grookey is my favorite at the moment. I always seem to like the least-popular starters. Haha
    I probably won't decide on which one I choose until I see the evolutions.

20. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Okay I just posted a thread on a possible lore connection for Scorbunny, so now I'm leaning more towards Scorbunny, I think.

Also I saw this picture from the trailer and it reminds me of Oswald, so I kind of want to get one and name it Oswald.

[​IMG]

They're all pretty solid though so my choice could change at any second.