1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Story Building

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by NyxieRina, Jul 7, 2023.

1. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    GS Ball ★★★★★Oran Berry ★★
    Lets do a little something.

Screenshot_20230706-131238_Tumblr.jpg

Like it says on the Tumblr post, reply to this thread with the first sentence of a fanfic and I'll write the next five.

You can tell me the name of the fanfic it originates from, but I won't look at it until after I wrote the next sentences. I'll default on using Pokémon for these prompts, but some other fandoms might appear depending on the circumstance.

Now, send away!

2. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,690.8
    This line comes from a one-shot I wrote a few years ago called + - A Town Map and a Cup of Tea   , which can be found here on LV, FF.net and Ao3.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Jeydis likes this.
  3. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,245.4
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    (Alright I'll start this out)

And there I sat upon that hill, Questioning what battles my species will have to face with the ever increasing rate of trainers coming to take us away.

4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,437.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (How about I just...)

One day, a Fletchling mailmon came to her with a letter.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 37
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,032.2
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    "THE GOOMIES ARE APPROACHING!" he yelled, waving a flag about.

(Old crackfic that I never published.)

6. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0

The door to the lab creaked open as Red stepped inside for what must have been at least the third time that day.

Like the two times where he came in before, the lab was completely still and empty. Red let out a shuddering breath, tears threatening to roll down the stoic man's face. He forgot, once again, that Oak was gone. Though he rarely saw him once he started his journey, Red always thouhht of him as a grandfather and mentorly figure. Now, he was gone.

(Whoops this became kinda angsty)

7. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0

And there I sat upon that hill, Questioning what battles my species will have to face with the ever increasing rate of trainers coming to take us away.

The forrest is shrinking, thats what the Butterfree and Beedrill have been saying. For what reason, we don't know, but the humans have taken advantage of our vunerability. Apparently were 'popular' in the eyes of the trainers. So they ignore the trampled bugs in their wake and head straight into looking for us. My cheeks sparked, I am a proud and strong Pikachu, and I'll be damned if I don't go down without a fight!

8. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,245.4
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★

I'm amazed because that is legitimately word for word pretty much what that fic is.

Have you read PMD War of Survival?

NyxieRina likes this.
  9. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,690.8
    Well, that went in the completely opposite direction from my fluffy, lighthearted, puppy-love ship fic. It's interesting to see how that one opening line can go in such completely different directions. (The opening of the original fic is based off the part of Red and Blue where the player delivers Oak's parcel.)

NyxieRina likes this.
  10. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    It was either the Pikachus in Viridian Forrest or the various Paradox Pokémon in Area Zero. I had been writing too many SV stories so I chose the Pikachus. I have not read that fic before.

As I was writing, I realized how the title made it seem like it was a lighthearted thing. But this was the idea that came to me when I was brainstorming of it last night. But now that you mention the scenario, I understand where it was meant to go lol.

11. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    One day, a Fletchling mailmon came to her with a letter.

Looking back on it, Leaf realized it was the first strange event in a ridiculously long series of events.

She smiled to herself as she followed her Pokémon into the respawn chambers. King K. Rool seemed to be regaling a tale to the others, judging by the amazed look on Young Link's face and the annoyed scoff Kazuya gave.

It was a bizarre scene that had slowly turned into her normal. The four noticed her approach and they all headed into their designated platforms, it was time to fight!

SAF likes this.
  12. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    "THE GOOMIES ARE APPROACHING!" he yelled waving a flag about.

"Oh boy, there he goes again." Cassandra sighed, shaking her head.

Her junior, Oakley, frowned in confusion. "Again? Does.... does this happen a lot?"

"Oh yeah," Cassandra said, suddenly looking several years older. "Every time the rainy season comes about, Silo over there starts yelling about the end times and how Goomys are going to take over the world. He always tries to recruit the freshmen into joining his cause."

"But..." Oakley's frown got deeper. "We're in Johto... there are no Goomys here."

"That hasn't stopped him. Just.... ignore him, for your own sanity." Cassandra said, leaving that sage advice before she left the cafeteria.

(Im going by a rule in an RP server I'm in. Dialogue does not count in the sentence limit)

ChocoChicken likes this.
  13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,437.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    For the record, my prompt was originally inspired from one of @WavePearl's RP-verses here in LV. But King K. Rool? Young Link? Kazuya? Never thought it would end up taking an SSBU spin in your hands. :D

WavePearl and NyxieRina like this.
  14. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    Originally I wanted to do a basic Pokémon scenario, but i realized it aligned well with a headcanon of mine, so it became an SSBU thing! :D

SAF likes this.
  15. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,437.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Dang. I'm not even familiar with SSBU. Still a fun read tho. :D

Anywho, have more prompt:

"Wha--? Master, are you serious???"

NyxieRina likes this.
  16. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0

"Wha--? Master, are you serious???"

"I have never been more serious in my life." The man sighed, gesturing to his wheelchair-bound body. "I love to train Pokémon, but I can't go on a journey like this."

"So... you're going to train some willing Pokémon, the trade it away to young trainers who want them?" Gallade asked, making sure he understood exactly what his master was saying.

"Yes," He smiled. "What better way to help young trainers and bolster Paldea's battle scene at the same time?"

Gallade was happy his trainer wasn't too put off by his injury, but he was nervous... "Does that mean.... you'll trade me away too?"

"Of course not dear boy," The trainer exclaimed, a twinkle in his eye. "I'll need you to help me train the new recruits!"

(Accidental oc backstory)

SAF likes this.
  17. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,437.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Dang, I need to see which OC you're talking about. >:D

NyxieRina likes this.
  18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,437.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    If you're open with more story building, have another prompt:

"Last one there's a rotten egg!"

NyxieRina likes this.
  19. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0

"Last one there's a rotten egg!"

"Wh- Great King!" Bandana Dee exclaimed as King Dedede bowled right past him. "W-w-wait for me!"

"Was that really necessary, Dedede?" Meta Knight shook his head at the king's display. He stashed his book away and began to follow them by foot, seemingly not alarmed by what was happening.

Kirby took one last look at the poor fallen cake, before shaking his head and chasing after his friends. They needed to check on that crashing ship, quick!

(This is in the intro to Kirby: Return to Dreamland)
    (Also this thread is always open for more prompts :D )

SAF likes this.
  20. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    I tried making a oneshot about him but nothing was really working right :(

But he might appear in some of the other fics Im writing so keep an eye out for that.

SAF likes this.