1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event The Mighty Pen: A Writing Event

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Laserdragon14, Jul 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    [​IMG]
    Blacephalon isn't an Ultra Beast that can be beaten by brute force, so you are going to have to be creative to beat it. Prove your creativity through your writing, that is real power...

Rules
    - Maximum 500 words
    - You must follow all of the LV rule guidelines
    - No Plagiarism
    - You can discuss your stories with other members of your team but you must submit your works.
    - Submit your work below in a spoiler.

1st Place - 150 Scramble Coins - Scramble '19 Winner's Medal
    2nd Place - 100 Scramble Coins
    3rd Place - 75 Scramble Coins
    Participation (posting a story) - 15 Scramble Coins - Scramble '19 Participation Medal.

Scoring Criteria: Quality of writing, mechanics, story, creativity.

Prompt
    A blue blood moon shines in the sky one night, causing Lugia to go on a rampage heading towards your hometown. You and your best friend can choose to summon your team's legendary to help stop it from where you are at, but since you two are not at the Altar and the Altar is in the direct line of Lugia's rampage, it is going to require that both of you lose your most cherished memories if you choose to do it. Would you risk the journey to the Altar or would you and your best friend sacrifice your memories to save your home?

Deadline
    July 29th 11:59 PM EST

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2019
    Minty Electric and Mango like this.
  2. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I have not used word count, but I'm pretty sure I'm over the maximum. Honestly, I don't care if I'm disqualified over word count. I like my story.

Also, I would rate it PG for the small amount of violence.

"Fight me! Release your precious memories! Either path is foolish for the weak. Only one may be chosen."

We all heard the voice, the sane command that gave everyone a choice. The enraged powers of water clouded some citizens minds; they chose to flee and keep their sacred past idolized. Some listened, not ignoring their duty to the Legend that they served. Though the beach-side town united under Lugia, that same power rose against them. Other towns were blessed to use the phrase, "Once in a blue moon." But such a curse became outlawed to even be whispered. Today the rule was broken by the Altar priests, who warned the townsfolk against keeping their secrets to themselves. Few listened, yet all screamed the cursed phrase when the waves from the deep broke- not calmly upon the sand- but forcefully against and soon through their homes. The earth shook from the wicked forces of hidden underwater volcanoes. Only the single town suffered, yet many lives were already lost.

Wemberly and her best friend Verrick, heard the voice of Lugia in their minds. The female grunt adjusted her belt that held her Pokémon team. The news-gentleman clicked his pen onto the retractable, all-weather notepad to begin writing. The notepad zipped back in place with the help of a string and pulley mechanism which clipped on his own belt loop. Both of them in fear of the catastrophe bell. The priests rang them only to call each citizen to their mandatory emergency partners. The unmarried were paired by friendship or neighborhood housing. Families grouped by packs of two per household. Each group then moved to a bigger or more safely constructed homes. Neither Verrick nor the SunSteel grunt wanted to sit at the safe house to await what new calamity might come. After helping her team retrieve the sun flute, Lugia still yet demanded more from them. Though for what purpose it denied them tranquility, she did not understand. To battle Lugia itself seemed a mockery to their Legendary, for her Pokémon were not nearly what anyone could even hope to survive a battle, against such power. Thanks to Verrick, she didn't have to try, fail, and possibly be rushed to the emergency room afterwards. He calculated the statistics of her poorly developed team, and showed that the fight would be lost. However, thinking back to the rubble rousing of SunSteel's efforts to wake SolGaleo, they were useful for smaller missions.

Verrick decided that even though we were to lose all of our memories, some of them would stay recorded and then published at a later date. He wanted glory, and I just wanted to keep living until the world bested me.
    "Have you got everything? Let's go over the list again, to be sure."
    "We've already been over it, I'm tired of waiting for the next earthquake to shake our house apart, I don't want to be here if it happens."

The news-gent ignored her whining, he knew that being prepared is more important than getting stuck in a problem that could have been avoided. Verrick recorded what he deemed necessary, and informed his best friend of his idea.
    "Lugia didn't say anything about keeping data about this trip, I assume?"
    "We both heard the voice, Verrick. I'm sure all of the neighbors did. I bet they wouldn't like you abusing loop-holes in a Legend's command."
    "They won't be able to show us the gratitude we deserve, if we don't."

Wemberly gently knocked her head against the glass window. Mostly for the sake of showing her displeasure, and in hindsight- to check the outside world. It looked awful.
    "Fine. Record it. I won't stop you. I also won't stop anything bad from happening to your notepad if you become careless."
    She stopped pressing her face against the glass, turning to face him. He was going to retort but paused to consider whether or not his best friend was making the face she made when the conversation was over for her.
    She is.
    They said nothing more to each other, choosing only to get up and leave the house. Unfortunately, waves from the ocean had flooded the roads to the point of covering the ramp which ran from the doorway, to the ground. Both of the friends could swim, but it was the hidden currents that they feared the most.
    "Please tell me that your dewpider is big enough to pull us if we need it." He begged her, worrying about deep-sea Pokémon moving from their previous territory, to the new one Lugia provided.
    "You did go out and train it- as I suggested?"
    For an answer, Wemberly popped the lid on H2's net ball, allowing some more room for it to land by stepping back into the house. The Pokémon held its breath until it formed an elastic bubble around its head, turning to face the humans as it awaited a command. H2 stood just under a foot tall, but her bubble was bigger than her net ball, which gave her some joy. Verrick did not look pleased by the under-leveled dewpider, and aggrivated by possibly being forced to protect it. He patted her water orb carefully before he tightened the straps of his sandals, which he tentatively dipped in the luke-warm waters. Wemberly cautioned H2 from swimming too far ahead, holding out her hand to her Pokémon for guidance in the dark waters made filthy by street debris.
    "We can use H2 to guide us though this muck, at least."
    "Just ask her to keep an eye out for wild Pokémon. For me."
    "Of course, Vick."
    Verrick used the ramp rail as long as he could, taking small strides into the water while H2 lead the way. Wemberly knew using her best friend's nickname might distract him for a moment of playfulness, but not enough to soothe either of them entirely.
    "I am so thankful that Lugia will be wiping that name and the memories of that name, from existence."
    "You're such a soggy sport."

Verrick roughly slapped a spray of water at his best friend's back, showing her what he thought of that joke. Turning to let go of H2, the grunt heaved a smaller, pathetic wave back at him, walking backwards as she did so. She bumped harshly into H2's orb by accident, causing it to flail in the waters.
    "Pid!" H2 wailed, poking a sharp leg at her trainer to remind the human to give it some space.
    "She thinks you're stupid too." He jeered, trying to remain calm by making jokes he knew she wouldn't mind. Verrick stroked forwards, the water having raised from ankle deep, to waist height in a short amount of time. He tried swimming fast, even though he didn't want to leave either of them behind. Though once on damp and cracked ground, he tried to offer moral support for the danger he hoped he was wrong about.
    "I know you're a strong swimmer, Wemberly! You just had to go underwater to catch H2, you couldn't use a rod or another water Pokémon like anyone else."
    He retrieved a rainbow colored jelly bean from his bean bag, waving it so H2 could see it.
    "H2! The water, check for danger!"
    The dewpider couldn't resist a command given when a jelly bean was being offered. She sank immediately, scuttling along the bottom to see an enormous Huntail wriggling towards live prey. She spun to the surface, tugging and pulling on Wemberly to guide her away from the dangers of Huntail's jaws. It did not work for long, as Huntail was faster than H2. It chomped on one of H2's legs, wrenching backwards until the leg severed from the bubbled joint, slipping into the creature's mouth. Unable to properly see her Pokémon, Wemberly swam for the shore to get away from the Pokémon battle. Huntail felt her sluggish movements, switching from small prey to large prize. A human leg would satisfy it much longer. It bit and tore at Wemberly's calf, pausing only when H2 successfully landed a critical hit. With Pokémon and trainer harmed, the Huntail bit again at the leg, soft and meaty. Wemberly's screeches echoed with her Pokémon's yells of fright. Verrick did not move from his position. It was exactly like he feared, and he would not force himself to go beyond his own strength. When Wemberly threw a netball at him to save H2 from the battle, it merely grazed the waters close to his feet. He bent slowly to get it, to help his best friend, yet the waters pushed it away. He stumbled and sloshed into the water, alerting Huntail to more slow moving food. Backing away from the injured, it zipped through the water to Verrick. Now alone, Wemberly scooped H2 back towards shore, keeping it's head submerged until it relaxed long enough for her to transfer H2 back into her netball. Wemberly shouted for her friend to leave the waters, asking for his help back on land instead. She held up H2's decorated ball, yelling, "I've got her! Catch it and run!"
    Confused by the net ball that he assumed was for H2, he threw it at the Huntail that tried to assault him. It tore at him, but struggled against the walls of the net ball instead, once it popped around the Huntail. Verrick didn't wait to see if he had caught the hated Pokémon; he tripped back to land to comfort his friend, and to medicate their wounds. As Verrick dressed first his own, and then his best friend's injuries, Wemberly panted out a question.
    "The netball. You could- have had a- tough-"
    He cut her off, glaring at her.
    "Never. Let someone else keep that horror. Or let it flee."
    She nodded, thanking him for keeping them safe from infection. They rested long enough to get enough energy to argue about what to do next.
    "We could fight. We'd lose. But Lugia would only take the lives of your Pokémon. We could be tragic heroes." He proposed.
    "Or we can move. Lugia is only attacking our hometown, everywhere else is safe. The Blue moon will pass, and we won't have to live here anymore."
    Wemberly shook her head that she laid in the sand. There were some memories she didn't want to have nightmares about later.
    "Lugia has the power of the Deep oceans, it can go anywhere. It could continue somewhere else! We would just feel inclined to do this again."
    Raising his sandy arms in anger, he shouted, "Then let someone else lose their memories. We don't have to be the ones who fail!"
    Surprised at her friend's change in motive, she questioned him further.
    "You would rather take the chance that someone else might finish our task? Instead of being heroes?"
    "YES! I don't want to sacrifice ourselves. I GIVE UP!"
    "We are giving up at the Altar. You know how close it is. Give up there, write in journal, and lie to the neighbors about how we won."

Verrick got up from the beach's cold comfort. He slid sand off his arms, walking to towards a split tree. Instead of going to the Altar, he built a fire. It took a long time for Wemberly to watch him make a fire, and even longer for her to join him. His smile was as brief as her movement to release her Pawniard from his ball.
    "Getting food with him?"
    "Getting a sacrifice."

It was an eerie way to say yes, but Wemberly did fall into funks of sadness. He turned back to the fire, removing his sandals and shirt to dry them out. Wemberly whispered a command to her Pawniard, one that it did not understand. Battling made sense, but battling an unarmed human made the Pokémon question his trainer. She didn't ask again, but sweetened the deal with a single rare candy, and the remaining perfect jelly beans she had. The Pokémon accepted her bribe and ate both offerings. Evolving into a much taller Bisharp, it faced Verrick- and stabbed him.

Lugia would have its sacrifice of memories, and of a battle. Wemberly would remember nothing, and for that- she was happy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    Vigilance likes this.
  3. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Hey, I wrote a little drabble for this, but I'm not entirely sure if it follows the prompt close enough. Does a story that is about the aftermath of the prompt count for this?

Laserdragon14 likes this.
  4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Assuming we're only allowed to submit one story, the team preferred this one.

Anyway I rewrote this to fit the prompt-
    it's exactly 500 words now
    "Give up our memories or rush for the altar... or the world will die." Aliza closed the ancient book, turning to her friend. "Well, you heard it. We've got a bit of a rough decision to make."
    Ellington took the hardcover from her, flipping through the pages, his hands shaking. "You're sure about this? You didn't misread anything, did you? You're sure we lose all our memories in this, right?"
    The young girl took the book from him, finger tracing the exact words. "No... Only the ones we truly cherish."
    "All the memories we cherish? Gone? You're not serious, are you, Ali?"
    "I am." The girl stared into her friend's eyes.
    He shuddered a little. "Well... it's clear what route we should take. We're going to lose everything that made us happy... but it'll still be there, right?"
    Aliza shook her head. "No. No way."
    "What do you mean no way? You do realize-"
    "That throwing our memories and everything we loved away, leaving bitter, empty shells for the village to live with is a better choice than going for the Altar and easily summoning Necrozma?"
    "It's incredibly unsafe. Especially not with Lugia about. What if we get lost? What if we don't make it in time? What if we-"
    Before he could finish, she grabbed him by the shoulders. "Ellington. You know I'll keep you safe. Everything's going to be all right, Elli. You'll be glad you made this decision."
    The teenager took a deep, shaky breath. "Promise?"
    "Promise."
    • • •
    The alien ultramarine-crimson glow from the sky could be spotted from anywhere but the forest. A pair of young Trainers raced on beneath the shade of the trees, both with their mind set on their destination. From above, the reverberating shrieks of Lugia continued, each cry hardening their will.
    Every now and then, a new obstacle would present itself to them. Be it a branch falling from a tree, a sudden rockslide, or a stray Hydro Pump from the raging Legendary, everything tried to get in their way. Wild Pokémon attacked out of fear, with String Shots transforming into deadly traps and Tackles tripping them often. But they rushed on.
    Soon, the stone structure came into sight. The altar was ready, its mossy cobbles practically calling to them. A sudden burst of adrenaline rushed through Aliza the moment she saw it, and she rushed forward, hand outstretched.
    She finally reached it. Turning back to Ellington, she waved at him to hurry up. He sprinted towards her, gasping for air. Air he never got.
    Lugia's Ancient Power was far more than enough to crush him.
    She forgot all about the ritual. Without two people, it wouldn't work anyway. Time seemed to slow down as she sprung towards the remnants of what he used to be. She knew Lugia could most definitely see her. Soon she would join him in his fate.
    All she could do now was mourn for her home, her friend, and her broken, empty promise.

#4 Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    PoserPanda likes this.
  5. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Here's my story.
    I blinked and found myself looking at the face of a total stranger. They looked back at me, a look of confusion, caution, and pain reflected in their eyes. They didn’t know who I was either, and this bothered me. I felt a knot tie up in my chest. It was as though something very precious had been snatched away from me, and yet despite how important I felt it had been, I had forgotten all about it, and that scared me.

My companion looked around nervously without even a spark of recognition showing. They didn’t seem to know where they were, or how they had gotten there, and neither did I.

“I don’t suppose you know what we’re doing here?” Their voice shook with fear. “Or where ‘here’ is?”

I shook my head. I got another knot in my stomach, similar to the one I had felt when I realized that I didn’t recognize this stranger, though somehow felt like I should. Once again, it felt important. I had to have come here for a reason, and it felt wrong that I didn’t know just what that reason was.

“I’m sorry,” I said, and I meant it. I was scared. I didn’t know what had happened, or who I was with. And, with a jolt that sent shivers down my spine, I realized that I didn’t even know who I was, not really. Not knowing these things that seemed so important was frightening, and I felt bad that somebody else had to be experiencing the same thing as I was.

“I-I’m sure we’ll figure it out eventually,” My companion tried to smile reassuringly, though it was clear that neither of us truly believed it. The two of us fell into an uncomfortable silence for a moment before our dark surroundings suddenly brightened drastically. We both turned and looked up at the sky to see a full moon coming out from behind the clouds. I was confused to find that the moon looked particularly blue at that moment. I didn’t think it was normal.

A silhouette of a large bird-like pokémon was illuminated by the moon, and I instinctively shuddered. My companion let out a noise like a whimper. I didn’t know what these reactions meant, but something in my gut told me that it was important. Vital, even.

“This is going to sound weird,” I said. “But I think that all of this means something.” I didn’t have to say what exactly this was. The pokémon, the moon, our location, our missing memories, and the fact that we were there together, it was all connected.

“I know,” My companion agreed. “Maybe if we find the pokémon, we’ll be able to find a clue to what is going on.”

It sounded like a long-shot, and there was no guarantee that it would work, but I didn’t have any better ideas. I wanted answers. Even if we didn’t find anything, there was no harm in trying.

“Let’s go,”

PoserPanda likes this.
  6. KnightBlader

Mina Ashido
    (Mudkip)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽399.0
    Here's mine.
    Sickening.

I can't really describe it any other way.

How can such a beautiful sight, lead to this kind of carnage? Who would even believe such a thing? A blue moon? Blasts of air destroying villages? That's ludicrous? Something out of a novel, or any other work of fiction surely. And yet, there's reports everywhere about craters, left behind where villages once stood.

"I-it's not… It's not g-going to come here is it?", my friend Aleister stammered, towards the elder of our small village.

The elder sighs, and looks to the ground.

"Once the blue moon arise,

And the giant's frenzy grows alight,

It will be our all's demise,

And the end of our lives.", she speaks, in a calm voice. And time stood still.

I knew those words. Everyone here did. It was an odd legend, sometimes nursery rhyme.

In a way, those once ridiculed words now hold a gravitas that cannot be denied.

Aleister just stands there, in shock, unable to even comprehend the threat that already tore apart multiple villages.

"There must be something we can do! Anything! No matter what!", I burst out a shout.

"Young man…", she looks at me, while her Lunatone and her Solrock drew closer to us, "There is a way. This is not the first time this disaster struck, after all. You will have to go to the Altar of Brilliance, and plead to the one, that heeds the calls of those who go there."

"Fine, I'll go!", I say as I stand up.

"It needs two, to represent both Sun and Moon, to call upon the being that lies within, you cannot possibly do this alone, I'm afraid.", she states, with a hint of resignation.

"I-I'll go too!", Aleister yelps out, having not quite recovered from the shock.

"Are you two sure about this? From what little I know, the altar is near the blast zones, and even if you make it, the legends say you have to "sacrifice their selves", with anything after the calamity vanishing from the legends. Are you sure you are willing to do this?"

My shock in visible. I take a set back and look at the ground.

Losing ourselves? What's going to happen to us?

"D-Dante, I-I know this sounds like a lot to ask, b-but, if we don't stop it, we already lose everything, right?"

I take a deep breath, before answering: "You're right. We'll do it, Elder. No matter the cost."

She finally cracks a smile before going into a more sad look on her face.

"You both have our deepest gratitude. Take both Lunatone and Solrock with you, they will light you the way to the altar. Best of luck, and may the brilliant one be with you."

She states that in an unfamiliar tone. It sounds like there is some finality in that farewell.

We both follow to the two Rock Pokémon to the exit of the village, and march on, towards our destiny, without looking back.

7. Mango

Mango Hiker

Chimchar
    (Chimchar)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.8
    I feel that I needed more than 500 words. Nevertheless here is
    “Hey what are you two doing in the altar again?” a voice hollered and got louder as a man ran toward us. “Mango we have to run!” shouted my best friend, Taiyo. I nodded and dashed to the bushes. Bang! I stopped and turned to see Taiyo on the floor. “Run save yourself,” he whispered. “No, we’ve been together as long as I can remember and I’m not going to abandon you now,” I replied. And that’s how the both of us got punished for playing in the Altar of the Sunne for the 790th time. We were forced to read about Solgaleo and write an essay.

“Finally I finished writing the essay, I’m out of ideas of what write for the next time,” smiled Taiyo. “Forget the essay, are you ok? Your father whipped you just because you’re the tribe’s leader son,” I replied. “It’s nothing, you get used to it after a while. The only thing I like about being born into my family is this necklace that I was given at birth. I think the sun at the center is awesome,” exclaimed Taiyo.

Suddenly, rain viciously poured down and flooded the correctional facility. As we ran outside to see what was happening, we witnessed houses being blown away with a powerful wind. A large winged creature shrieked and fired of another blast without remorse. Its eyes were glowing the same color as the blue blood moon. “Mango, the only thing that could stop that monster is Solgaleo. The books mention that we can summon it at the Altar of the Sunne but it will cost us our memories,” I explained. “We’ll worry about that later, right now we need to stop that thing,” replied Taiyo.

We arrived at the altar with the creature firing off attacks at us. “So uhhh how do we summon Solgaleo?” I asked. “Solgaleo come out, I’ll give you treats!” exclaimed Taiyo. Suddenly a wormhole opened. A voice echoed, “Mere treats aren’t enough, I ask for the memories that you cherish most in return for my help.” I replied, “No, I value the fun times-” BOOOOM! The rampaging Pokémon prepared to fire off another aeroblast. “Mango here have my necklace that way you can have something to try and remember me. Solgaleo, I offer you my memories please save our village, “ replied Taiyo. “Take mine as well,” I said.

Solgaleo roared majestically and neutralized the beast’s wind attack. Everything looked good but the creature summoned more rain and it attacked with a hurricane. We were all knocked out and the Pokémon launched an aeroblast at the weakened Solgaleo. Taiyo jumped in front of the attack and said, “We need you alive.” Following that, Solgaleo used Sunsteel Strike and knocked out the beast.

I checked the unconscious person’s pulse and confirmed that he wasn’t breathing. Upon glancing at the necklace at my pocket, I couldn’t hold back tears. The sad thing is that I don’t know why I’m crying.

I named him Taiyo because in Japanese it means sun according to a google search.
    The 790th time is important because Solgaleo's National Pokédex Index is 791. I thought that it would be cool for them to meet Solgaleo on the 791 time they visited the altar.

8. Chron

Chron Memegeist Guardian

PokéPoints:
    ₽12.8
    mmkay so I said I was leaving but I heard there was finally a writing contest and despite the prompt being kinda wonky, I think I'll still give it a chance. Posting here as a bookmark for myself, should have something written up by the deadline.

9. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,086.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    So does it matter that more people from the same team post something? I shall think of one ASAP

10. Minty Electric

SS Egg 1
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.0
    I FOUGHT MY COMPUTER ITSELF FOR THIS. 8|

A flash of gold and purple cuts through the raging winds, and there is Lunala, brilliant and still against a backdrop of violent black. Lugia turns its eyes and opens its leviathan maw to unleash another beam of psychic energy, and Lunala dispels the attack with a flick of its wings as if it’s nothing.

And I stand at the edge of the village with the flute still poised at my lips. I look down at the body at my feet, and I feel like something is missing.

There was a boy behind the hedge. He looked up at me with wide eyes, like a freshly caught buneary in the traps outside my cottage.

“You’ve been coming here quite often,” I said. “Aren’t you afraid? Rumor has it a witch lives in this cottage.”

“I know,” he said. “I don’t think you’re a witch. Witches aren’t real.”

I studied him for a moment.

“What’s your name?” I asked.

He told me. This was the first meeting of many over the next six years.

Lunala swoops down from the sky. It twirls, its mouth open and wings shining. I watch, entranced by the beauty, and I can think of nothing else but the brilliant light growing in the Moone God’s mouth.

Each time he came, he told me of his problems. I listened and fed him tea and cookies at first, then taught him a little of what I knew of the world. Again and again, he would come back, regardless of the villagers’ warnings. I even started to look forward to those visits. They were like stars—bright spots between nothingness.

Then one day, he came to me with something I hadn’t expected—something that changed everything.

“I know what I want now,” he said.

I hid my smile. “Oh? What would that be?”

He stood tall. “I want to be your apprentice.”

Lunala’s beam cuts through the storm and slams into Lugia. Lugia falls, and the wind dies with it.

I knew this day would come. I had seen the stars wink out, and I had seen the sea roiling. And I told my apprentice about this night and about what we needed to do to stop it.

“I’ll go with you,” he said.

“You’ll risk everything?”

He nodded. “That’s what you were training me for, isn’t it?”

I stand there, watching.

“Play the flute! I’ll hold it off!”

I stand there watching.

A beam flashed, and he looked back at me, and I realize that I can’t remember his face.

The guardian vanishes beneath the sea. I turn away, walking back to the village. My memories feel muddled with every step.

One of the villagers stops me. He says a name, but my mind can’t latch onto it.

“He went with you to stop Lugia,” the man says. “Where is he?”

I reach into my thoughts for an answer I know isn’t there.

So instead, I offer another.

“Who?”

PoserPanda likes this.
  11. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    500 words weren't enough, but I managed to cut it down to it. (The first version of the story had around 600)
    “Wow, a Blue Blood Moon! Such a beautiful spectacle of nature!” I exclaimed, filled with excitement.

“This is probably the most beautiful thing I have seen in my entire life. I’m so grateful to share this moment with you, my friend,” Metzi added.

Suddenly, the sky filled with dark clouds. A few water drops fell on us.

“Ugh,” I groaned. “Why is it raining now?!

“Maybe there are Pelippers with Drizzle nearby?”

“Drizzle, really? More like Primordial Sea!

Our laughter filled the quietness of the night. Made us forget the life's struggles.

“Don’t worry,” Metzi assured, “We have our Pokémon. Magmar, use Sunny Day!”

The night was illuminated for a moment, with the rain dissipating. But shortly… it came back. I felt some kind of… intensity in the air.

I stopped laughing and looked at Metzi. I knew this feeling. It reminded me of when I had visited my grandparents in Johto and witnessed a legendary Pokémon’s awakening… Lugia!

“Ah crap,” Metzi grumbled, “looks like we ne-”

I pulled Metzi to me seconds before an Aeroblast striked the exact spot he was standing on.

What?!” he screamed, visibly confused

“A Lugia is attacking us! We need to run!”

I took my friend’s hand and ran like an Arcanine using Extreme Speed. Metzi freed himself from my grasp and asked, holding back tears:

Why are we running?! We need to stop it!

“Are you crazy?” I replied. “We have no chance! Our Pokémon are no match for it!”

“We can go to the Altar and ask Lunala for help. People call it “the beast that calls the Moon,” so… maybe it can help us with Lugia and the Blood Moon!”

“But Lugia is near that Altar. We can’t reach it!”

“Our Pokémon will help us. Let's go!

Defetating a Lugia?! Impossible. But my friend was giving me hope. Aeroblasts were landing only a few meters away from us, but we were still running.

Suddenly, I felt the strong breeze of an Aeroblast flying towards us. An idea popped up in my brain:

Bronzong, use Protect!

My Pokémon appeared and rescued us.

“Can you distract it?”

Bronzong nodded and attacked Lugia.

Awesome, Haunted!” Metzi shouted, grinning.

We managed to reach the Altar and Metzi started playing the Moon flute. A wormhole appeared, getting bigger and bigger… but not fast enough. Brozong was hurled to our direction and fainted.

“KEEP ON PLAYING!” I screamed as I called my final Pokémon.

My Pyroar tried it‘s best, but was no match for Lugia. Luckily, it was able hold it back long enough. But it was too late for me… Lunala wouldn't get to Lugia before it’s Aeroblast would hit me. I accepted my fate… but someone pushed me.

Metzi!

“I won’t let you go that easily! This village needs-”

BOOM!

*****​

Sometimes, I still wonder what really happened the day I saved the village.

Not that I'm unhappy I somehow beat a Lugia alone, but… it feels like I'm forgetting something… something important…

Metzi is the aztec word for moon (also a god)
    Pyroar is #668 in the Pokédex and the next blood moon is in 668 days (not anymore, but it was when I started writing)
    "The beast that calls the moon" is a reference to Lunala's Pokédex entry
    Drizzle and Primordial Sea are both abilities which make it rain, but primordial creates HEAVY rain which is the reason for the character's joke.
    Bronzong is connected to rain: In ages past, this Pokémon was revered as a bringer of rain. It was found buried in the ground.
    Pokémon GS and this story are kinda connected since the protagonist witnessed how Ethan awakened Lugia and Ho-Oh.

12. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,086.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Well written this in one go,

For centeries People always thought that the Altar of Lunala was just a myth, a legend. No one would have suspected that they need it more than ever. Just a few months ago, the legendary Pokémon Lugia came to Alola. No one knows why but instead of coming in peacefully. He started attacking, Many trainers have tried to defeat it by either using there Pokémon or other means. Or some even tried to catch it to no avail.

Luckily two trainers decided to go up to the challenge to find the legend of the Lunala Altar, in hope to summon the mighty legend.
    The trainers had a hard time facing the many challenges that was awaiting them. They did gain many friends a long the way who were supporting them with there goal.
    After months of search they finally found it, the altar to summon Lunala. Lugia was on this moment for a day silent.
    They both put up enchantment stones and whispered a spell which they learned in one of there trials. A blue light came off it that shot through the sky, making the sky sudden dark and unsure. The two trainers watched above them to see the legendary Lunala come through the sky. The two trainers stared at it, and started to communicate with him. However, there was 1 catch, one catch that could turn there whole life upside down. In order to defeat Lugia and restore peace and land, it was need it that they lose there memories. One of hte trainers would only lose there memory of there adventure but the other one would not remember a single thing about her life. They both looked at each other and nodded. They knew it was the only thing in order to bring balance back to Alola. They hold each other hands when a blue light shown making it hard to look what was about to happen.

5 years later and people were still talking about what had happened, however the two trainers were never seen or heard again. They say something bad had happened but in real, they changed, the trainer who had lost there eternal memory made a n ew name and new life. A long with the other trainer who had no clue what people were talking about, when it was some kindf of anniversery for the defeat of Lugia.

The end....?

13. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Finally Done After Few Days Of Not Working On It. This Marks My Second Participation On SS Writing Event, After Writing Many Chapters Of My Cassini-Huygens Mission Fanficition Which Happen After My First Participation On SS Writing Event Last Year.

“Not in the chance. Seriously, the damage will be as big as Cassini itself!”

The lunar eclipse is known as the red blood moon, but legend said that it will bring chaos when the blue will take over the red and become the blue blood moon that Lugia become rampage.

I, Solstice was asked to analyse this incident from ‘Prismatic’, an organization who currently trying to resolve the Ultra Beast problem with my Alola counterpart, Geroniny and her little, cute yellow core Minior along with my buddy, ‘Dawn’ the Dusk Lycanroc.

“You told me before that you don’t want to lose your memories of this life, you said that in the past and now you want to erase it even before you faced death! You have to do it!”

“I don’t want, Solstice! I don’t want to ever lose myself and everything around me!”

“That is running away from reality! You know that you will lose all of them one day and yet, you are immature in the way that explains why anyone wants to bully you!”

“How dare you said that! I said don’t want, and I will not do this!"

“You already said this will cause Cassini-like size damage and you are not helping out!”

“No! I am not going to do this!”

“You don’t want to be a hero that everyone needs!?”

“Not in this way!

“Hero should expect to risk their life for saving anyone in all cost and you are not a hero that expected!”

“I am not wearing a cape, you see!”

“Geroniny! This is the only way to save our home, this is our final chance to do this! Wake your orbital sense up!”

“I will not do this all the way! Don’t ask me again, never! I will refer to die with everyone, just stay away from me forever!”

“Geroniny…”

“Solstice, I don’t want to be your friend anymore!”

I can only stare in shock. There's a long moment of silence as Geroniny's words sink in. Then suddenly, Dawn starts woofing at a bright light that Cassini then picks up. It's the Saturn keychain that Geroniny's holding!

“Solstice… Do you think Cassini know this?”

“I don’t know.”

“Same as me. But I think Cassini is telling me that I have her support since I show this keychain to Cassini before.”

“You know what? I am coming to Alola tomorrow. This incident requires some first-hand experience to analyse more on it. I am going to face this with you.”

“Solstice, thank you and sorry for my attitude towards you just now.”

“I should say sorry too.”

Yesterday’s video chat led me to Alola to face against this incident personally. The seriousness of this incident is more serious than I thought, as Geroniny and I was in front of the rampage Lugia. The altar is just in our sight, being damaged by Lugia itself.

Since we came that far, there is no turning back now. It’s now or never!

• Geroniny Didn't Want To Do This In The Story Is Similar As To My Real-Life. Using My Fear Of Reality As Baseline For The Confit.
    • "...the damage will be as big as Cassini itself!"/'Cassini-like size damage' Is A Obvious Pun To Size Of Cassini Spacecraft. As Legendary Pokémon Is Known As Able To Make Big Damage, This Pun Is Perfect To Describe The Damage.
    • This Story Is Actually A Sequel To All My Participation Story In LV, Mostly On Last Year's Oktoberfest Writing Contest And Last Year's SS Writing Contest.
    • 'Solstice' The Name Came From My Pokémon OC, Solstice The Reshiram.
    • 'Cassini' Is The Name Of The Minior But When Geroniny Is Looking At Saturn Keychain, The 'Cassini' That Geroniny Mentioned Is Referring To Cassini Spacecraft Itself.

Word Count: 496 Words

Edit: Did Some More Editing And Nailed It, Finished A Story In The Exact Amount!

Edit #2: More Editing And Few Words Reduced.

#13 Jul 29, 2019
  14. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    A quick work, but I somewhat like what I did here.

The moon of the next night was still brighter than usual. Not the horrific bloody blue of so many poetic bad omens, but a shining white disk, barely waning. White like snow, white like ash, white like bone.

“We’re Guardians.” I said. “And the only two right now, at that. We had a duty, and we still have a duty.”

She stared south over the bay, sitting on the sand beside me, breathing in heavy draws. The moon was directly overhead the opposite peninsula’s summoning altar, the altar where the two of us spent so many nights practicing the calling ritual which would bring forth Lunala in our time of need. And where we were taught how the calling could be done from anywhere, but that there would be a cost for being away from the holy site: complete personal amnesia. I chose to not give her that lecture.

“We were chosen. Before we even went to school, our parents and the town’s elders all agreed that the two of us had the hearts and minds needed to protect the people when the time came. We were raised and trained, we were made for times like this.”

“Yeah, okay.” She took a steadying breath. “I get that.”

“And we were given no rules for a reason. Because they trusted us, and I trusted you, and I hope you trusted me. We were all trusted to be able to make the best decision.”

A wave crashed on the sandy shoreline. It was weird how quiet the beach slept this night. Was it always so still? I racked my brain, even now I don’t know if it was always so quiet, or if I was just hyper-aware because of the tension between us. Another wave came, its foam almost reaching us.

“Why.” She didn’t ask. No, that was more of a polite command than a question.

It took me a minute to formulate my response. I thought we had been in agreement before. “To save the village. Its traditions, its future.”

“So, knowing we together had the power to save our village and its history and its prosperity yet to come at the cost of our past and future, you…” she took a deep breath, “you forced my hand and decided for both of us to save only minds? And what, our friendship? Our roles in a decimated community?”

A cloud obscured the moon, leaving us in the darkness of absolute night. I had nothing to say.

“I’ll never forget how you betrayed everyone for yourself.” She said. “And I never want to.”

She stood and walked away, and I never saw her again. Not during the reconstruction. Not at the next disaster. Never again. All I had of her was memories.

15. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Here is my entry. I hope everyone enjoys it.

Oh moon, on the night so black.

A moon of hunger, lust, and blood.

On a night that came too soon,

A Pokémon rampages, but the reasons we lack.

Lugia, guardian beast of the sea and tide

Has gone on a rampage so vast and wide.

A town in its path as it roams from the altar

A path the two heroes seek to alter.

The heroes have two roads that lead to fate,

But only one path can be taken.

Inside their hearts a yearning awakens

To stop the destruction left in the wake.

“Lugia, oh Lugia! Why do you rampage?

Why have you brought this desolate carnage?”

“Lugia, our gaudian and friend!

Why have you chosen this horrible end?”

The two heroes pondered how to stop the beast.

They could summon Lunala! The beast of the moon!

But Lunala has just fought a tiring battle! Could it be summoned this soon?

And what of the path to the altar, a danger to get their at least.

Yet there is another path to take,

A peril to plague the choice they must make.

If they summon Lunala away from the shrine,

The memories they hold dear will no longer shine.

They would lose the memories they hold most dear,

But if they fail to act their town will die.

Tis a fate they must avoid, not a lie.

But to lose their memories? The time draws near!

In the end, our heroes not just friends but lovers,

decided to give up their memories for others.

They held up a charm and said their goodbyes,

Before for they looks each other one last time in the eyes.

And with that the Pokémon Lunala was awoken

To end the rampage of a gaudian so blind.

To end the rage and leave their lives behind.

When the battle was won, the memories were broken

Two lovers no longer knew the other,

But still traveled back to town together.

The people rejoyced at the victory made,

but then soon mourned for the price that was paid.

And on the altar, this story was cast

To honor the lovers of old,

To carry on the story that is still told

And honor the history of days gone past.

Thank you for your sacrifice

Sir Strytho and Lady Izzie.

16. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    This text might seem short,
    But you'll notice a pattern
    If you are alert…

Through the clouds it shines
    The Blue Blood Moon awakened
    Atypical sight.

A beast has gone wild
    For turbulent is the sea
    And harsh is the wind.

Who knows what it seeks?
    But a small town on its path
    Shall no longer thrive.

A friend by your side
    In your tight grasp, the Moon Flute
    It's the only hope.

For the Moon can help:
    Those whose melody is brave
    Shall get assistance.

Your Moon Flute in hand,
    You both are ready to play;
    But you remember…

If not in the Shrine,
    You succeed, and call the Moon,
    Memories will fall.

Should you play the Flute?
    And sacrifice your dear mind?
    Or try to get there…

For the Shrine is far,
    And on the flying beast's way.
    Death would be likely.

Whatever you'll do
    You must think, to choose the best
    And think really fast…​

17. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    Although living by the ocean causes it to rain a lot near me, on this evening, it happened to be storming unusually harshly. My partner Pokémon Xatu was noticeably nervous about something throughout that day, and that continued even after the storm had come in. Just about every time I looked at it, it was peeking out towards the ocean in fear, so I decided to sit with it and comfort it. It was thankful in the moment, but I had no idea what was coming for me.

Later, Xatu got much more nervous, and it started to shiver somewhat violently. I knew at that point that something was terribly wrong, and before I even had a chance to get up, Xatu flew out of my house’s front door. When I made it outside, I saw a massive white and blue Pokémon towering above the city, attacking everything it saw. I knew that the only way to defeat it would be through summoning the legendary Pokémon Lunala, but the giant Pokémon happened to be right in between me and the altar.

Most people were inside at this point to avoid the massive Pokémon, so Xatu and I had to try our absolute best to get there without the Pokémon spotting us. It was an uneventful trip to the altar until I had gotten to its base, when the giant Pokémon spotted us and shot a blast at me, barely missing to my right. I looked back, saw it staring directly at Xatu and I, and panicked.

Every step I ran up the stairs became a clumsy one as Xatu flew up swiftly. The Pokémon kept firing at us, but it kept missing because of how far away it was. I slipped a few times, but always recovered quickly. Xatu got to the top far before I did, and this made the Pokémon ignore the rest of the city and it started to fly towards us. It didn’t take too long before it stopped right in front of us and shot a blast at Xatu, hitting it directly. This put Xatu on the edge of fainting. I urgently needed to get to the top of these stairs.

Lugia saw me as a threat now and kept firing at me, but I narrowly dodged the hits. I could hear Lunala’s cry coming in from the distance. Leaping away from one of the attacks lead to me lying on the floor, and Xatu knew I was in trouble. Despite it being weakened, it fired one small attack at Lugia to distract it. Lugia fired one more blast, taking extra time to aim at Xatu, and in this time I sprung up and took the blast.

I woke up a month later from a coma with no memories. Xatu greeted me, which startled me, but a witness saw me and approached me, telling me much of the story. Me risking myself that boldly made perfect sense, since Xatu is still my only friend.

I just recently had a big talk with a friend discussing the harder times of our lives, and a lot of that inspired this. I imagined Xatu being the protagonist's only friend because I myself had a time in my life where it was exceedingly difficult to make friends because I had moved to a new state and all extroverted parts of me had seemingly vanished altogether. Had it not been for me meeting two very welcoming people, I wouldn't know any of the friends I have today, and I imagine a Pokémon wouldn't introduce you to its friends.

I chose Xatu specifically since it's known for its ability to see into the future, with it having a prominent role in PMD1 with it doing this. Plus I thought it would be an interesting partner Pokémon as opposed to something more beloved like Absol. Plus I imagine a bird Pokémon would be good at flying, which would make it much faster at flying up a flight of stairs. It's a nice bonus that it draws a bunch of parallels with Lugia, being a Psychic/Flying-type from the Johto region!

I also don't really like using dialogue in my stories, I just can't find a way to fit them in with a good flow. I would have put it in though had it not been for the fact that the protagonist is a quiet person by nature, again based on myself from the past, and I had absolutely no social skills back then. I wrote this in 45 minutes, proofreading and all, so I don't expect this to win. Hopefully someone enjoys reading it though at the very least.

#17 Jul 30, 2019
  18. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    The Mighty Pen: Results

Thank you to everyone who participated and well done to everyone! Considering that everyone was tasked with writing a story based on the same prompt, reading through so many different interpretations was definitely a lot of fun!

The winners of this event were selected through a vote among event judges.

And now for the results!

1st Place: Minty Electric
    Minty's valiant battle against her own computer seems to have paid off! The flashes back and forth between the past and present was a very creative way to build the relationship between the two characters and worked as an excellent lead up to a very tragic conclusion.

A flash of gold and purple cuts through the raging winds, and there is Lunala, brilliant and still against a backdrop of violent black. Lugia turns its eyes and opens its leviathan maw to unleash another beam of psychic energy, and Lunala dispels the attack with a flick of its wings as if it’s nothing.

And I stand at the edge of the village with the flute still poised at my lips. I look down at the body at my feet, and I feel like something is missing.

There was a boy behind the hedge. He looked up at me with wide eyes, like a freshly caught buneary in the traps outside my cottage.

“You’ve been coming here quite often,” I said. “Aren’t you afraid? Rumor has it a witch lives in this cottage.”

“I know,” he said. “I don’t think you’re a witch. Witches aren’t real.”

I studied him for a moment.

“What’s your name?” I asked.

He told me. This was the first meeting of many over the next six years.

Lunala swoops down from the sky. It twirls, its mouth open and wings shining. I watch, entranced by the beauty, and I can think of nothing else but the brilliant light growing in the Moone God’s mouth.

Each time he came, he told me of his problems. I listened and fed him tea and cookies at first, then taught him a little of what I knew of the world. Again and again, he would come back, regardless of the villagers’ warnings. I even started to look forward to those visits. They were like stars—bright spots between nothingness.

Then one day, he came to me with something I hadn’t expected—something that changed everything.

“I know what I want now,” he said.

I hid my smile. “Oh? What would that be?”

He stood tall. “I want to be your apprentice.”

Lunala’s beam cuts through the storm and slams into Lugia. Lugia falls, and the wind dies with it.

I knew this day would come. I had seen the stars wink out, and I had seen the sea roiling. And I told my apprentice about this night and about what we needed to do to stop it.

“I’ll go with you,” he said.

“You’ll risk everything?”

He nodded. “That’s what you were training me for, isn’t it?”

I stand there, watching.

“Play the flute! I’ll hold it off!”

I stand there watching.

A beam flashed, and he looked back at me, and I realize that I can’t remember his face.

The guardian vanishes beneath the sea. I turn away, walking back to the village. My memories feel muddled with every step.

One of the villagers stops me. He says a name, but my mind can’t latch onto it.

“He went with you to stop Lugia,” the man says. “Where is he?”

I reach into my thoughts for an answer I know isn’t there.

So instead, I offer another.

“Who?”

2nd Place: Absolute Zero
    A choice was offered and while many people chose to play the hero, the role of a hero isn't something that everyone can bare, especially when the stakes are so high. An unexpected twist, and the consequences that resulted from it, definitely make this a strong entry.

The moon of the next night was still brighter than usual. Not the horrific bloody blue of so many poetic bad omens, but a shining white disk, barely waning. White like snow, white like ash, white like bone.

“We’re Guardians.” I said. “And the only two right now, at that. We had a duty, and we still have a duty.”

She stared south over the bay, sitting on the sand beside me, breathing in heavy draws. The moon was directly overhead the opposite peninsula’s summoning altar, the altar where the two of us spent so many nights practicing the calling ritual which would bring forth Lunala in our time of need. And where we were taught how the calling could be done from anywhere, but that there would be a cost for being away from the holy site: complete personal amnesia. I chose to not give her that lecture.

“We were chosen. Before we even went to school, our parents and the town’s elders all agreed that the two of us had the hearts and minds needed to protect the people when the time came. We were raised and trained, we were made for times like this.”

“Yeah, okay.” She took a steadying breath. “I get that.”

“And we were given no rules for a reason. Because they trusted us, and I trusted you, and I hope you trusted me. We were all trusted to be able to make the best decision.”

A wave crashed on the sandy shoreline. It was weird how quiet the beach slept this night. Was it always so still? I racked my brain, even now I don’t know if it was always so quiet, or if I was just hyper-aware because of the tension between us. Another wave came, its foam almost reaching us.

“Why.” She didn’t ask. No, that was more of a polite command than a question.

It took me a minute to formulate my response. I thought we had been in agreement before. “To save the village. Its traditions, its future.”

“So, knowing we together had the power to save our village and its history and its prosperity yet to come at the cost of our past and future, you…” she took a deep breath, “you forced my hand and decided for both of us to save only minds? And what, our friendship? Our roles in a decimated community?”

A cloud obscured the moon, leaving us in the darkness of absolute night. I had nothing to say.

“I’ll never forget how you betrayed everyone for yourself.” She said. “And I never want to.”

She stood and walked away, and I never saw her again. Not during the reconstruction. Not at the next disaster. Never again. All I had of her was memories.

3rd Place: KnightBlader
    Perhaps all that is needed to make a hero is the right motivation, strong enough to outweigh the consequences. The emotions of the characters come across very strongly in this entry, and ending on a cliffhanger certainly makes it all the more palpable.

Sickening.

I can't really describe it any other way.

How can such a beautiful sight, lead to this kind of carnage? Who would even believe such a thing? A blue moon? Blasts of air destroying villages? That's ludicrous? Something out of a novel, or any other work of fiction surely. And yet, there's reports everywhere about craters, left behind where villages once stood.

"I-it's not… It's not g-going to come here is it?", my friend Aleister stammered, towards the elder of our small village.

The elder sighs, and looks to the ground.

"Once the blue moon arise,

And the giant's frenzy grows alight,

It will be our all's demise,

And the end of our lives.", she speaks, in a calm voice. And time stood still.

I knew those words. Everyone here did. It was an odd legend, sometimes nursery rhyme.

In a way, those once ridiculed words now hold a gravitas that cannot be denied.

Aleister just stands there, in shock, unable to even comprehend the threat that already tore apart multiple villages.

"There must be something we can do! Anything! No matter what!", I burst out a shout.

"Young man…", she looks at me, while her Lunatone and her Solrock drew closer to us, "There is a way. This is not the first time this disaster struck, after all. You will have to go to the Altar of Brilliance, and plead to the one, that heeds the calls of those who go there."

"Fine, I'll go!", I say as I stand up.

"It needs two, to represent both Sun and Moon, to call upon the being that lies within, you cannot possibly do this alone, I'm afraid.", she states, with a hint of resignation.

"I-I'll go too!", Aleister yelps out, having not quite recovered from the shock.

"Are you two sure about this? From what little I know, the altar is near the blast zones, and even if you make it, the legends say you have to "sacrifice their selves", with anything after the calamity vanishing from the legends. Are you sure you are willing to do this?"

My shock in visible. I take a set back and look at the ground.

Losing ourselves? What's going to happen to us?

"D-Dante, I-I know this sounds like a lot to ask, b-but, if we don't stop it, we already lose everything, right?"

I take a deep breath, before answering: "You're right. We'll do it, Elder. No matter the cost."

She finally cracks a smile before going into a more sad look on her face.

"You both have our deepest gratitude. Take both Lunatone and Solrock with you, they will light you the way to the altar. Best of luck, and may the brilliant one be with you."

She states that in an unfamiliar tone. It sounds like there is some finality in that farewell.

We both follow to the two Rock Pokémon to the exit of the village, and march on, towards our destiny, without looking back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.