1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

time to join the bandwagon

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by DuoM2, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    What's like the most basic white name you can think of rn? Just shoot, don't think twice

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    John (PS - I mean no harm to any people named John out there)

3. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Favorite Pokémon competitive era?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    I'm gonna be honest, I've only been keeping a super close eye on the competitive meta since SM, maaaaaybe ORAS but evene then not really. Between SM, SwSh, and Isle of Armor, I like Isle of Armor the most. SM had broken Z-Moves and SwSh's base meta wasn't as interesting in terms of diversity or how fun the Pokémon are to use. Like right now, I can use usual Pokémon like Tangrowth and Clefable but also fun stuff like Rillaboom and Rhyperior that haven't really seen the light of day until now.

5. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    What are your thoughts on the new Pokémon in the crown tundra, competitively?

6. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    From what I've played of it...

- Regieleki is a super cool mon. There's a lot of comparisons to draw between it and Dracovish in that they mostly will click one move throughout a match, and you have to run specific things to beat it defensively (Grounds / Water immunities). I've put up a Sp.Def Ferrothorn on my Rain team against it and it actually broke through the Ferrothorn. Difference here is I feel like most teams right now are prepared for it intrinsically, be it through a Ground-type or some priority move. The Rain team I mentioned had a Barraskewda that ended up outspeeding and OHKOing it later that game. I think it might be fine but it's a bit too soon to tell.

- Galarian Zapdos is very good. Has a decent Speed tier, very fast, impossible STAB combo to switch into, and U-Turn. I don't know what else you could ask for in a Pokémon. It gets hard walled by its Kantonian cousin but there's really nothing else that's bad about this Pokémon, and I wouldn't be surprised if it rose to the top of OU when all the broken stuff gets banned.

- Glastrier is a very balanced, honest Pokémon. It's a pretty decent breaker but nothing spectacular. What gives most breakers their use in higher tiers is their defensive utility or other perks to set them apart, and Glastrier has to sacrifice either a lot of power for more defensive utility or some of its bulk for power by running Boots or a boosting item respectively. Some people have said it's really good on Trick Room but that playstyle itself is a gimmick and I doubt this Pokémon will change it. Overall, not bad.

- Spectrier is very, very stupid. It doesn't have any coverage like Regieleki but this one really doesn't need any, since the only bulky Ghost resists in OU are Tyranitar, Mandibuzz, and Blissey, and Heatran makes for a fine check as well so let's toss that in there. If you don't run Mandibuzz or Blissey, then any would-be answers are going to get chipped down easily because of how strong this Pokémon is. I don't think this Pokémon needed Taunt, Will-o-Wisp, Calm Mind or Nasty Plot as well, on top of its ridiculous stat spread. If you don't run one of those four Pokémon it'll probably be impossible to stop defensively, but the meta is currently very offense-based as it stands, so it's fine for now but might be broken.

- I don't play Ubers but apparently Calyrex-Ghostrider is broken, likely to be the second Pokémon ever banned from Ubers. You apparently need Yveltal or Tyranitar to have a shot at beating it, but it has ways of muscling past both. Plus it has Soul-Heart, insane Speed, and enough coverage.

No opinion on the rest because I haven't seen or used them yet.

#66 Oct 27, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  7. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    What's your least favorite anime trope/clichè?

8. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    I actually am not really a fan of anime, but the reason I don't like it makes for a good answer to this question. I don't like using this phrase, but a lot of mainstream anime really seems to "try too hard." I don't know if I can even explain this one very well, but the best comparison I can make is when you see a younger child trying to make something as cool as possible, or as edgy as possible, or as cute as possible, and a lot of it seems greatly exaggerated in a pretty jarring way. Probably the worst of this is with fanservice, it's a pretty low-effort way of appealing to teenagers that they hard enough to the point where I feel legitimately embarrased to watch it even when I'm by myself.

Unrelated but I want to also mention that I don't hate all anime, and I'd probably have gotten into some of it by now if not for the fact that there's a pretty big inside joke about all this between my friends and I. I know for a fact that there's some pretty good stuff that's not as mainstream, and even still, there are a handful of things like One Punch Man and basically all Studio Ghibli movies that I think I would enjoy if I didn't want to ruin the inside jokes. Making a parody out of all of this seems like it'd make for a fun show, and I've had everyone I know tell me that Studio Ghibli's storytelling is above even the quality of peak Disney.

...i really hope this counts as a "trope" lol

9. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    How good are you at drawing faces?

10. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    (sorry)

11. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    With traditional art I can really only do stuff like what's in my current avatar, pretty cartoony stuff that's not hard at all because I'm not the best with traditional art. With pixel art, I'd like to think I'm decent at it but don't really know if I'd be the best for judging my own artwork. I'll post a few things below as examples...

Hyperoach.png Draxplosion.png 07 - Egg Jellyfish.png

What's up? Was this an accidental double post?

12. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Yes.
    Your pixel art looks good btw.

Have you ever been on a cruise ship?

13. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    Thank you!

As for the cruise, never been on one. My family came very close but cancelled our plans last minute, I think to see family.

14. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Have you ever gone skiing?

15. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    Could've sworn I had replied to this but I guess I never did...

Anyways, yes. I have twice so far, and I could easily see myself going again in the future. I'm still not the best at it and I don't like being cold but it's definitely worth it, I've fallen down my fair share of times but that's just part of the journey. It's pretty fun once you get going even if I have been too nervous to go too fast thanks to my inability to efficiently turn.

16. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Oh, sorry if you had already answered this question. I ask similar questions to different people too, so I sometimes end up asking the same question to the same person.

Have you ever built a snowman? How big was it?

17. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    You didn't ask me the same thing twice, I just cuold've sworn I had responded to your post when in reality I hadn't.

I've built tiny snowmans when I was younger, but they were mostly pretty small - maybe like a foot tall at the absolute most.

18. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Do you use social media?

19. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    I use Twitter and Discord a ton but not much else beyond that. I have an Instagram but literally never use it.

20. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Are you a picky eater?