1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

TV / Movies Upcoming movies - Which ones are you the most excited to see?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ethereal, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    What movies coming out this year are you looking forward to seeing and why?

I'm personally hyped for Godzilla: King of the Monsters and Detective Pikachu.

I've been wanting to see King of the Monsters for a while now and seeing the trailers for it has made me even more excited. I love Kaiju movies a lot and I don't care if it ends up having a bad plot. I just want to see giant monsters fighting :P

As for Detective Pikachu, well, I'm a Pokémon fan so it only makes sense that I'm looking forward to watching it. I'm also sick to death of the anime movies, so the fact that the franchise is finally getting a live-action adaption makes me very happy. Judging by the trailers it looks like it'll be a fun movie.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Grand Rizer likes this.
  2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I'm kind of psyched over Alita Battle Angel. I actually started reading the manga once I saw the trailer and got reminded it exists, and I'm actually not totally bothered by how they made her face look, since she actually looks exactly like that in the manga: giant anime eyes and tiny anime mouth and is 100% robot unlike a lot of other characters, who are human and are played by non-anime-ified humans. Also, they cast Ido so well, like a perfect human translation of the anime-style picture he was in the manga. The movie might be trash, but I really hope it's not, and they better not eff with the ending of the first arc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Feb 18, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  3. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Obvious ones are continuations of the MCU like Captain Marvel, Endgame, Spider-Man Far from Home.

I've also found myself a sucker for heist type movies and a Netflix exclusive Triple Frontier looks like it's going to be an epic ride. Hellboy looks awesome and Kingsman the Great Game all are ones I want to see

4. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    I'm going to have to answer this with all Marvel Cinematic Movies aside as well, I'm looking forward to all of them, but there are other movies!

I'm honestly looking forward to Detective Pikachu. It definitely won't be the best movie ever created, but it looks charming and a lot of fun! The way they styled Pokémon looks nearly perfect to what I envision real Pokémon to be, the characters seem fun, and it should be a fun movie all around.

5. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I really hope I can see Alita Battle Angel, it looks pretty good. Detective Pikachu has me hyped up. And shockingly, Frozen 2 actually doesn’t look bad from the recent trailer. Hopefully it retains the same serious tone as the trailer had.

6. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Looking forward to Endgame and Far From Home, as well as Detective Pikachu. I am also looking forward to seeing Captain Marvel, Frozen 2, Toy Story 4, and Star Wars episode 9, but I'm a bit nervous for those four. The former and latter because I don't like inserting politics into movies, and while neither is necessarily going to be political, Captain Marvel has been promoted very politically, and the Last Jedi was very political in its subplots. Toy Story 4 and Frozen 2 I am worried about because they may not live up to the hype caused by their successful predecessors. I also want to see Shazam, which is the first time I'm saying that I want to see a DCEU movie, because the trailers make it look hilarious. This is going to be a great year for movies.

7. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    ...dare I say I'm looking forward to Dark Phoenix? The Phoenix Saga is one of my absolute favourite comic book storylines; it's iconic and with good reason. The Last Stand was an absolutely TERRIBLE adaptation of it, but given the last time the soft reboot X-Men movies straight-up adapted a comic book storyline - Days of Future Past - it was amazing, I'm pretty excited for this one. Plus it's time we had another good X-Men movie - First Class was bad, Days of Future Past was good, Apocalypse was bad, so this one should be good...right?

I am also casually interested in Hellboy but the trailer is so tonally confused I have absolutely no idea what to expect...and honestly, I would have much rather had Hellboy III to tie up the loose ends in The Golden Army. Del Toro really should have finished that trilogy...

8. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Tentatively waiting for Avengers Endgame to drop. I'm mostly invested in it to see what the fate of Thor is, and I hope that Hemsworth sticks around to play Thor in future movies.

9. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    If I saw this thread earlier, I would've said Captain Marvel, but since I've already watched it, I'd say Avengers: Endgame for obvious reasons.

Outside of the MCU, I'm also excited for Detective Pikachu. Seeing the same person who played Deadpool playing Pikachu would be quite interesting. The trailer was great, too.

10. Grand Rizer

Grand Rizer PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽984.9
    Detective Pikachu and Godzilla:King Of The Monsters

been excited for DP for awhile now and it looks really cute and fun but KOTM has been something that I've been waiting for a LONG time as a huge kaiju fan, from the new designs of Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah to the sheer amount of love and passion put in from the Director Mike Dougherty. Long Live The KIng