1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What are you playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by BiohazardSr, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    I've been neck deep in some Red Dead Redemption gaming! I finished the story of RDR2 the other day and played a bit of RDR1 as well. Needless to say, it's rapidly become another favourite video game series of mine! .....Plus it's such an easy thing to meme about, which I love ahah.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Baratheon

Baratheon Ours is the Fury

Slash
    (Zekrom Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽378.4
    Soothe Bell ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Super Smash Bros Brawl, practicing for our family’s yearly Thanksgiving tournament.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I finished RDR2 too last week. Great game and I am tempted to pick up the first one cause of this post now.

4. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    A whole bunch of games on my Steam wishlist are on sale, but I've decided to start playing Nier: Automata! Might pick up Skullgirls or Bayonetta next, though.

5. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I've been playing a ton of Pokémon Lets Go Eevee.... shocker ikr?

6. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    The one thing I will say is that in RDR1 the control are wayyy more sensitive so you may have to adjust things like the camera and such to your liking if you eventually get it. But its setting, New Austin, is already featured on RDR2's map, so it was some trip seeing what the place was like during the first game's time, graphical downgrades aside.

7. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Let's Go Pikachu atm. Having a load of fun! Was about to head to Pokémon Road but decided to backtrack and fly to early routes and hunt for shiny Nidoran again. Don't want to progress and beat the game too quickly.

Also playing Bravely Default during other times. \o/

8. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    80 hours into Assassin's Creed Odyssey now and still no end in sight...to be fair, I probably could have finished it by now, but I like exploring and doing major sidequests too much to skip it over and just do story quests. Plus with the Level 70 cap now in effect, and me being only Level 60, I have lots still to do! I have a month left before I need to finish it - because I have 3 PS4 games for Christmas, one of them being Darksiders III - so I'm going to take my time.

I finished Let's Go Pikachu, so now I have returned to Tales of Hearts R...I need to find something else to play. It's bad. The lack of dub is really wearing thin on me, and the puzzles...god, why. I spent far too long doing four tile puzzles that could have taken me much longer if I hadn't of gotten lucky. I HATE puzzles and this game is full of them. The plot is interesting enough - although the pacing feels off to me - and I've not really been playing long enough to drop it, but...well, I can't say I'm enjoying it. It's not as bad as Zestiria or Abyss, but at least those had English voices. Ugh.

9. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Having heaps of fun with Let's Go Pikachu still. Planning on doing a living dex once I finish the story, and also collecting all the titles. Will be busy for a while!

10. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Finished Tales of Hearts R...finally. This wasn't as bad as Zestiria or Abyss, but the lack of English voice acting and the awful puzzles made this a very difficult game to really enjoy or get invested in. Honestly I only played it because I've had it for four years and I figured it was time I finished it.

I am now playing Cattails, mostly. I need a catfish but they're painfully rare. Grr. Also decided to play through Danganronpa V3 on Vita...another game I should have played before now. I'm quite fond of this series, so I have moderately high expectations.

PS4 wise I'm playing Tokyo Xanadu eX+...another game that wasn't localised properly. I have more of these than I am happy about. Better space them out.

11. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Pokémon Let's Go Eevee and Spyro Reignited Trilogy, having loads of fun with both.

12. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    In an annoying lull with gaming right now...it's going to be a long 3 and a bit days until I get Darksiders III and just lose myself in that.

In the meantime, I am playing Spyro 2 and I am not enjoying it. I don't like minigames and this game is practically nothing BUT minigames...that I need 40 orbs to fight the final boss is infuriating, when I only have 21 and before that I had about 10 because none of these annoying little minigame-based sidequests are actually fun. I suppose I'll try and grind them out over the weekend and put off Spyro 3 until next year. Gulp was a horrid boss, too. Homing laser balls. What even. It was like fighting Kirin again.

Also been playing Danganronpa V3, but that's been verrrrrry slow progress...mostly because the cast just isn't very interesting. They killed off the most interesting cast member in the first trial, and I've been struggling to stay motivated with it since then. Plus the new minigames are horrid, especially that driving one. So glad I'm not going for platinum in this one because if I was I wouldn't have started it...this is why I put it off for almost a year, actually! But yeah, I'm currently investigating the third member, and cheering as a character I REALLY disliked was axed.

...also, I really wish Kokichi didn't share his dub voice with Ken Ichijouji. I keep expecting him to break out into maniacal laughter. He even LOOKS a bit like Ken. xD

13. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2, still early in the game and still kinda face rolling around trying to learn it since the tutorials are not the best.

14. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Since Christmas I have finally finished Danganronpa V3 - and that ending made me angrier and more disgusted than I can say - and moved on to better things. Darksiders III has been my primary focus, am currently making my way towards Envy...I'm over halfway through it already I think. I love it. Even if it does feel a little bare bones at times, I don't care - I waited years for this and I am going to enjoy it. Fury isn't the most likeable protagonist I can think of, but the banter between her and her Watcher reminds me a lot of that between Nier and Grimoire Weiss, which is lovely. The whip combat is also what Castlevania: Lords of Shadow should have been like, too.

Picked up Moonlighter on Switch, and it seems alright so far, although it has what I've come to think of as the Monster Hunter problem - to progress you need better gear, but to get better gear you have to progress, making for a rather frustrating loop at times of zero progress being made. It's surprisingly addicting gameplay though, and the visuals are lovely. I'm a little sad there are only four dungeons, but at the pace I'm going with it, any more than that and it'd probably overstay its welcome, so I'll enjoy it whilst I can.

Vita-wise I've picked up Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory, because I'm watching the Tri movies right now and I want more Digimon. Unfortunately this isn't dubbed either, so I'll be playing through the whole thing silent, but I loved the gameplay of the first, and I'm going to hope and pray the story and cast in this one aren't quite as bad. I don't want to waste time sampling restaurants with Nokia again, at least. I don't even want to SEE Nokia if possible. Picked Betamon, because MetalSeadramon. Importing my platinum save file gives me a Tactician USB and a moderately complete Digimon encyclopedia too, which is nice.

15. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Final Fantasy XIV, torturing myself with mount farming.

16. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    After finishing God of War on PS4 - and being a mixture of satisfied with the journey and disappointed it didn't involve murdering some major gods, so it was more like God of Minor Disagreements rather than God of War - I have moved on to God Eater: Resurrection, which is basically C-list anime Monster Hunter with bad controls...or so it feels, anyway. I realise it's an old game, but lord almighty, I don't see why people go nuts over this series if it controls this poorly. Maybe it'll get better I suppose, but my first impressions of a title are rarely wrong - at least, it's not often I go on to enjoy something I initially dislike - so I don't hold much hope and I'm already mentally sifting through my games to see what else I feel like playing.

On the Switch I'm playing Tales of Vesperia, which is exactly as I remember it...poor. Now I am sure the only reason this game gets hyped so much is because it was a 360 exclusive back in the day (10 years ago?!) so, naturally, hardly anyone got to play it. The plot is a directionless mess, the cast is almost universally unlikeable - Karol Capel is Roger Huxley all over again and once was bad enough - and otherwise...well, it's nothing special. How this could be considered "one of the best" Tales titles when Symphonia, Berseria, and Xillia all exist is beyond me. It's better than Abyss and Zestiria. But you have to make a REALLY bad game to be worse than those. I'm playing it for the new content - and I have to admit, I think Patty has a perfectly cute voice - and because the DLC means I don't have to grind excessively so it's not a CHORE as such, but it's...not much fun.

Reading fault - milestone one in the mornings before work. It's...eh, I feel like it's trying too hard. It's magic. Just call it magic. It took me about five minutes to realise that all the exposition it threw at me with the force of a battering ram from the start was just another way of saying "this is magic" and little else. The typos are really annoying too, as is the generally poor grammar. It's an ongoing series so I won't be moving on to milestone two after this, but...eh. I can see myself forgetting about this pretty quickly. If I can even finish it. I have many more enticing VNs in my Steam library, after all...

God, reading all this back is very depressing. I need to find a good game to play.

17. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Revelation: Persona, still getting used to the controls as they are a tad wonky imo but nothing too bad that I can't get use to. I'm less than 2 hours in so I pretty much only just started.

18. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I've been trying to 100% Kirby 64 :)

19. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I'm currently playing Kingdom Hearts Recoded for the DS.

20. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    Breath of the Wild. Holy crap, this game is AMAZING (this is my 3rd playthrough). I'm also replaying Ocarina of Time on my 3ds too and it's bringing back so many memories.