1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What are you reading?

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Eclipse, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Oh look, another great idea I had! ...Well, 'great' is debatable, but you get the idea.

So, a lot of us here probably like to read books of some kind or another. I intended for this thread to be a gradual feed of posts, so you can share what books you've been reading, give opinions on books others are reading, or maybe just share some experiences you've had while reading.

I'll start!

::::

Recently, I finished up reading the books Captain Blood and The Invention of Hugo Cabret - and yes, I'm aware those are two vastly different books; one of them is a swashbuckling tale, and the other is basically a children's book written like a screenplay. The former took me about 2 days to get through; the latter took me 2 hours.

The next book planned that I want to read is Around the World in 80 Days - which I have read before, but not for about 10 years before, and I'd like to be able to see it again fresh. I'll probably appreciate it more as an adult than I did as a teenager!

::::

Now then - what have you been reading?

2. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Unfortunately, I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and enjoy a book. The last book I read and enjoyed was Red Dragon by Thomas Harris. Its a part of the Hannibal series. I fell in love with the Hannibal TV show a while back so I gave reading the first book a try and loved it as well. I need to go back and reread it along with the sequels.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pikachushua

Mew
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽98.5
    Hrm well I currently have checked out the false prince book 3 and zodiac

4. GamerDude1124

PokéPoints:
    ₽319.0
    I am currently re-reading the HP series. I am on the 5th book, Harry Potter And The Order Of The Pheonix

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I'm having a fantastic time reading my text books. Some go under wonderful titles like Learning Electronics and Mastering Physics. They're so great that I can't read anything else. **cough**kill me now

Seriously though, I love reading books, but my eyes don't. I have a reading disability and I can't read for more than 15 minutes without giving myself a headache and causing other forms of damage that last the rest of the day. I want to read some of these books you are all suggesting, but to me the cost isn't worth it.

6. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Textbooks and The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel: The Alchemyst

7. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Right now, The Graveyard Book.

8. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    Dear god this reminds me I need more time to read...

Since I haven't had much time to read I'm not reading anything as of now, but I do plan to pick up Winter, the last book in the Lunar Chronicles.

For context, the Lunar Chronicles are rewrites of your favorite fairytales but sci-fi dystopian style. There are four books right now and I've read the first three. They're really good and I hope to get more reading time to finish the series!

9. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Macbeth, but only for my AP English class, haha. We've been on it for way too long though (about 3 months now), so I'm getting kinda tired of it and I just want it to end. Afterwards we're supposed to read Brave New World, which I'm certainly excited for!

10. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I've been reading a lot of classic H. P. Lovecraft lately. I just finished The Dunwich Horror, and have started At The Mountains Of Madness. After this I think I'll take a break from Lovecraft and do something different and read some other old, freely available public domain literature, but haven't yet made up my mind.

11. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I've been reading the "The Heroes of Olympus" for a while now. I really recomend it to anyone really. You don't really need to be interested in greek mythology.

(I've also been reading a lot of fanfiction, but thats not really important)

12. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I am now attempting to read the entirety of the Hercule Poirot collection of novels. I don't really care what order I read them in, since many of the books are essentially isolated incidents. I've acquired a list of books so I can just check them off as I go, and it will give me something to do while I'm at work.

(Yes, there are large moments of silence while at my workplace, so there are times when I have nothing to do but read.)

What I'll do after I finish them all I don't know - and if my library doesn't have a certain book I may be in trouble - but I'll cross those bridges when I get to them.

13. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Currently reading "Mists of Avalon", which are the Arthurian myths, but written from a female perspective.

14. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Whose perspective, if I may ask? Is it from a certain female character, is the narrator female, is it looking at different events...?

15. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    It is told from the perspective of Morgan le Fay, I think. In the book she is called Morgaine, and the half sister of Arthur.

16. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I started reading The Man in High Castle a while ago, but I haven't been doing a good job at getting through it. It's a pretty good book, though.

17. Dancey

Dancey Sailor

THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE L E D G E N D
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽133.7
    A few days ago, I've started reading a book titled "Walk Two Moons". The chapters are pretty short, but there's, like, 44 chapters in the book so that's something.

18. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House

19. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Lately, I've been trying to read up on Harry Potter (Since my Mother wouldn't let me if she knew that I was reading it) so I'm trying to do this without her knowing so the progress is pretty slow

20. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    I have been reading the Edge Chronicles recently. I read the first three as a young child, and was trying to figure out what to read, so decided to find the name, and see if they were in the library. I am partway through the 4th book, the first of the second trilogy, and it is a little harder to get into than the first trilogy, but the world is still charming and fascinating to me