1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What kind of Pokeballs do you prefer? Quantity or Quality?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Catcher' started by Bubbles, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    When purchasing Pokeballs from the shop, do you put more emphasis on quality or quantity? I kind of like to have bits of both, but with a bit more quantity than quality, so I buy mostly Pokeballs and a few great and ultra balls rather than saving all of my pokepoints for just ultra or great balls alone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Actually, I prefer quantity because of Eggs. But if I have to think about a normal day, I would say mostly quantity and some of quality (to both snorlax ¬¬ and Scyther)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Pretty much Pokeballs cause I'm saving up my "cash" for Aero Art

4. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I've only purchased plain Pokeballs, so I prefer quantity. They're very cheap and work pretty well to me.

5. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I always buy plain Pokeballs. They're perfect for me as they're cheap and I only catch Pokémon I really want.

And you can just keeping throwing balls at them and they'll get in eventually. Right?

6. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I like to have a bunch of plain pokeballs and then just purchase batches of 10 ultraballs when needed.

7. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I want some quality but can't save up enough so I end up with a small amount of quantity (2-3 Pokeballs, maybe 1 or 2 Greatballs if I save enough)

8. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Quality, generally. The things I look for are generally the rare ones at this point, the things that aren't very easy to find. I'll have a lot of lesser Balls available for the common stuff, but after that point, if something impossibly rare happens to come up (I'm still looking for Porygon and/or Ditto), I want to be ready.

9. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I do prefer getting as much of both as possible, but I usually go quantity over quality

10. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Quantity > quality in my case. I've got tons of Poke Balls and slightly-fewer-tons of Great Balls, but very few Ultra Balls, and I tend to only chuck 1-2 Ultra Balls in a cpature because I don't want to waste them

11. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I'd say quantity this time around because I don't have enough Poképoints to purchase anything more. Pokéballs seem to work very well too, so I'm not complaining.

12. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I haven't even bought anything other than the Pokéball, but that is mainly because I haven't purchased since the release of the catching game. Even in the other games though I typically prefer quantity. The main games are only a bit of an eception, since my two favorite balls, the premier and the luxury ball have x1 catch rate still.

13. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Like most people, I just buy a ton of regular Pokeballs. If the balls are cheap then it makes me feel better if Pokémon break out of them :D

14. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Like most people here, I prefer quantity because it's cheaper to buy a ton of PokeBalls (okay technically it's not if you buy twenty PokeBalls vs two great balls but that's not the point) and if a Pokémon breaks out I feel better. It's nice to have a mix of great balls and Ultra balls though too, for catching Pokémon that are a little more rare.

15. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I do the same of Aero, 10 of UB and some PBs!

16. Borie Broer

Melody
    (Meloetta Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽368.8
    I've only managed to purchase Pokéballs for now, that might change when I make more posts and my points start to build up, but I haven't had much of a reason to do so yet. I'm used to throwing a whole bunch of Quick/Ultra/Dusk/Timer Balls in the main games, so I'd be more quality over quantity normally I think? These PokéPoints are precious though!

17. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    Me too! I'm hoping to comission her :3

18. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Quanity for now, poke balls seem to work just fine and while I do have some GB and UB I never really use them.

19. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    It's hasn't felt like the others have been all that much better, though I'm probably just unlucky, so I go with pokeballs for the cheapness factor specifically for the sake of quantity.

20. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Okay, I change my mind...I bought ten PokeBalls, and Lapras wouldn't get into any of them, so now I have a backup supply of great and ultra balls.

Bubbles likes this.