1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What New Spinoffs Would You Like to See?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by BZRich64, Aug 8, 2020.

1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,100.4
    The Pokémon franchise has had many spinoff games ranging from Mystery Dungeon to Ranger to Snap to Conquest to Pinball and pretty much everything in-between. However, there are still plenty of concepts and ideas for Pokémon spinoff games that have yet to be used. So, what kinds of new spinoff games would you like to see from the franchise? (And I'm not talking about sequels to old spinoffs. I think pretty much everyone wants a new Mystery Dungeon or Ranger game.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    PoserPanda and Jupjami like this.
  2. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    For one, though 'tis already in development and many blokes be hating on it, I really would love a MOBA for Pokémon~! There be a lot of opportunities for the franchise in that field, especially since the Pokémon themselves feel like they were made to be used in a MOBA~!

Another fun genre I reckon would really make a lot of blokes enjoy would be an MMORPG of Pokémon~ Imagine being able to go on quests with one's Pokémon and other people, too! And going out in the wild to train, explore, find new partners... 'twould be a dream come true~!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    PoserPanda likes this.
  3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,796.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    As for myself, I personally would love to see a crossover between Pokémon and Minesweeper. Sure, we already have a Voltorb Flip minigame in HGSS, but another simple and casual Pokémon game like Pokémon Shuffle would be nice to have.

PoserPanda and Jupjami like this.
  4. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    Pokémon FULLY crossing over with Smash, honestly. No other characters, just a bunch of Pokémon. I would have said "Pokémon Fighting Game" before Pokken Tournament came out but that game was pretty disappointing to me. Sakurai has shown to be really creative with a lot of his characters' kits lately, and Pokémon moves are basically a blank canvas that allow him to go wild and take an idea to its fullest. Moves that are prime examples of this to me are Incineroar's Revenge and Mewtwo's Disable.

However, something kind of concerning is that Sakurai has felt the need to give about a third of all Pokémon counters of some kind. Maybe it's just because they're from an RPG, maybe it's because he can't explore ideas like what he did here with other characters for whatever reason, but I don't know if that tells anything of him not being able to come up with many ideas for moves for Pokémon.

Jupjami likes this.
  5. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,947.1
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    It's hard to think of a spinoff I might want because the Pokémon games are one of the two types I enjoy, and I don't know that Pokémon would work as a sandbox game, but one idea I've had is for a more animal crossing style village game. maybe a bit like the Pokémon Ranch, I wouldn't know since I never played it.

Jupjami likes this.
  6. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I personally would like to see Pokémon do an MMO. It really is perfect for it, but they would have to add a lot of stuff that would make it meaningful. You can't just have all battles that would get really boring really fast. Maybe something like pixielmon. Something that would add more to the base game-play as well as allow for hundreds if not thousands of players on a single server.