1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What Pokeballs do you use?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Catcher' started by Anubis the Lucario, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    I only use regular balls, but have noticed some Pokémon are harder to catch than others, like the evolved forms. Which balls are the best for the money?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Moved to the appropriate forum.

Like everyone else, I only use the standard Poké Balls, since the only thing anyone is catching these days are those accursed eggs.

First off, I'll state that I am not out to look for absolutely everything; I specifically target either species I like the looks of or markedly rarer species for notoriety purposes.
    It depends on the rarity of the species I encounter. If it's something fairly ubiquitous or easy to find, I will use the basic low-end Poké Balls to capture it, since the species will be pretty easy to come by and have a fairly high success chance for capture anyway.
    For ones that are a bit more elusive or uncommon, I may step it up and mix in a Great Ball or two into the process. Preferential treatment will go to Great Balls, just to save me having to go hunt for it again.

And, of course, for the really hard ones that only come up once every 50/100/200 pages or so, I won't waste any time and I'll go straight for the Ultra Balls. Several of them that I've seen (Aerodactyl, Lapras) aren't guaranteed to catch in those either, and while it is a fair chunk of finances, I want to be sure I can snag the thing now, and not have to go back and hunt for it later.

This is why, if I see something particularly hard to find, or something I've never even seen before, I will be ready.

3. BlackSmithy

BlackSmithy Memelord Supreme

Naked Boi
    (Burmy (Cloakless))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽203.1
    Poké Ball ★Staff of VerityPhilosopher's CowlCrown of Valor
    I usually just use regular pokeballs. Quantity over quiality for me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I just use regular pokeballs, cause I dont really use the cather feature much.

5. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I tend to use standard PokeBalls as well, only using the more expensive ones for rarer Pokémon.

6. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    As I do in the main games until the 7th gym or later, I just carry lots of Pokeballs and only break out the Great Ball if I happen to run into a rare (which I've yet to do here).

7. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I mostly use regular Pokeballs, but if it's a mon that's rare I'll use a couple of ultra and great balls first to be safe and maximize my odds.

8. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I use mainly pokeballs but I occasionally use ultraballs when needed.

9. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,086.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    I use normal and great

10. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I use all types of PokeBalls, because I've found that I can spend about 10 regulars on a Lapras and it still won't catch, which is why I need Great Balls and Ultra Balls as backup.

Anubis the Lucario likes this.
  11. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    At this point I just use Regular Pokeballs, more so because of the higher luck hit (Multiple Smaller Chances > 1 Higher Chance)

Anubis the Lucario likes this.
  12. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Just regular balls mostly. They work well enough for me that I am not going to buy a ton of other balls.

13. POKE

POKE Ace Trainer

Johnny Waffles
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.3
    Premier Ball ★
    I mostly use normal pokeballs, others are a bit too expensive for me, working out math wise means that the best is the normal, each throw you have a chance and you don't have to give soo much just to catch 1

14. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Regular ones. They are cheap and work just fine for me.

15. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I go with the regular ones because my wallet is looking distinctly thin.
    #MissingNo

16. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Ultra Balls for the most part since the RNG is not nice to me, I do still use the standard balls is just very mixed results.

17. An Evil Wizard

An Evil Wizard The Ironic Mage

Chef Boyardee
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.7
    Fightinium Z ★★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Beedrillite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I use the normal ones, because they're cheap.

18. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Normal Pokeballs because I'm cheap. Gotta save those PP for something I guess.

19. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I use normal, but I'm saving up Ultras for Mewtwo.

20. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I spend my Pokepoints so quickly that it's a real effort to get anything except regular Pokeballs. But now that I've caught most of the Pokémon I want, I've been trying to save up for Ultra Balls - though I've used one twice now, and neither time have they worked. When I was still constantly catching I always had a few normal Pokeballs on hand and one or two Masterballs for the rarer/more desired by me Pokémon.