1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

When I was just a little girl, I asked my mother "What will I be?"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dawn, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    How did you think your life would turn out when you were a child? How close to your present reality were your thoughts? Would you say your life has turned out for the better, or are you disappointed?

As a bonus, how do you think your life will be in another 15 years...and how accurate do you think your predictions are?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    When I was a five year old, I really wanted to be a fire fighter. The trucks just looked so cool. Once I found out the level of dedication you needed, I changed my mind.

At age 10, I thought I would become an author. My teachers always praised my writing ability and I liked the process. Due to not having any story ideas, I considered becoming an English Teacher.

Two years ago, I became a volunteer for the Red Cross. The satisfaction of helping people out made me interested in becoming an employee. To this day I like working for them, but I moved on to other things.

Now I want to either become an English language teacher or a game translator. I’ve loved learning Japanese and I’d like to make a career out of it. For that reason, I can see myself in 15 years with some sort of job relating to that language. What it will be exactly, I’m not sure.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Absolute Zero likes this.
  3. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    TBH I always wanted to do something in the arts but my dad shot it down by telling to pick a career that'll earn money.
    He's better now but hhhh

4. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I wanted to design characters and concept art movies and TV shows. Unfortunately as I got older this dream faded due to two main reasons.
    1. I found out how hard it is to get a job in the the entertainment industry.
    2. I realised my art really wasn't good enough to even consider being a concept artist.

Nowadays I don't have any career dreams. Damn I miss being an optimistic kid :(

5. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    When I was a kid I wanted to become an astronomer. No kidding. I was starting 4th grade when I decided that. Since then I've built my life to that goal and even now I'm pursing that dream. I'd say that I'm doing pretty well for myself thanks to that dream. In another 15 years, I'll probably have a job, but the field of astronomy is so vast I don't know what job that would be.

6. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,558.7
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I can't recall all the jobs my younger self ever wished to have- but I remember that at some point I wanted to be a vet
    With some friend we were even planning to open a clinic and work together. xD

Right now… I'm thinking about a thing in art- maybe animation or illustration
    Since art is something that really interests me and that I am good at

7. Cherry3Fairy

Sylvy 2 ♡
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,049.3
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Que sera sera.
    Life was nice and peaceful (and without back stabs) when I was little. But, thats the case for most of us. I'd say life is nice today.
    And talking about 15 years later, Que sera sera.

8. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    Hm...well I've always had this mindset that I would become a singer. Everyone was always telling me how good I was and my dad always said I sounded like some kid singer from when he was young. I don't remember who.

Then, I wanted to be a paleontologist. I used to love dinosaurs but I don't have the maths or science skills to do that still love dinosaurs tho.

Then...I thought about becoming an artist but at the time my artistic ability was non-existent.
    By yr 8 I found I had a passion for writing which could incorporate a load of things I love.
    So in 15 years...I see myself having published a book. (Probably the same one I first wrote since to this day I continue editing it and I love making it better).

I don't know if I'll be a big author but I want to put my stuff out there at least. Aside from that my singing and art related stuff can stay on Youtube doing their thing (Or here for my art stuff) and we'll see what happens. I'll find some way to incorporate Dinosaurs into my life somehow ;)

9. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,933.2
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    As a kid I probably wanted to be a vet or a doctor, but I have little interest to go into the medical field. Now I hope to be a photographer or maybe something else in the arts.

10. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    I wanted to be anything and everything when I was a child. I had so many plans but now... Life has proven to be a harsh teacher. I want to be head chef someday, at some restaurant. I have no delusions that it won't be hard work for little to no reward but it's my passion.
    In 15 years, I want to be head chef and have gone to culinary school.

11. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I want to be a professional food-eating champion. No joke, and I still do to this day.

12. Galois

Galois Bug Catcher

Bartók
    (Vivillon (Garden))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽261.2
    well, when I was really young, say in elementary school, I wanted to be an astronaut. then, in high school grade 10, I wanted to go to med school/become a doctor, in grade 11 I wanted to become a theoretical physicist, halfway through grade 11 I wanted to go into mathematics, in second year university I wanted to specialize in topology, in third year university I wanted to specialize in algebraic number theory, and now, still in third year, I'm not really sure. lately I've wanted to go into data science/statistics, and my dream is to create a tech startup with a childhood friend, but for the most part I've given up on setting any actual direction in my life.

where will I be in 15 years? no idea. maybe making close to minimum wage in some uninteresting job. or maybe I'll be making six figures in some data science role, who knows? as long as I make enough to feed myself and pay rent it should be fine

13. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    When I was a young warthog, I wanted to be some kind of doctor. Surgeon, dentist, neurologist, radiologist, lots of things like that. For a while afterwards I had no plan, then I planned to become a writer, and I'm confident I won't be able to do that for primary income now. Even now I'm not sure of what I want to do, but I do have a stable job with good benefits and am able to pay mortgage, so maybe I can stop worrying about it. Or maybe I will worry about it so I can get an even better job and buy another house somewhere nice and rent out my current place and live a more financially comfortable life.

In 15 years... I'll be in my 40s. Oof. I hope to be married and have a few chil'ns by then, and maybe have some kind of hospital tech certification doing labwork and all that. And maybe I'll also be a voice-actor for cartoons and videogames on the side. I probably won't be able to make a living off that, but it would be fun.