1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

WonderTrade Legit or all Hax? You Decide!

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Killerskullcat, Dec 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killerskullcat

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Ok so I havn't played Pokémon since Pokémon Pearl so I have never really heard of Wondertrade before and only started learning things about competitive Pokémon after I lost my Pearl so I am now playing Alpha Sapphire and got a bad Pokémon trait (are they called) and wonder traded it and receive a lvl 14 Plusel from someone in France and it had a Japaneesee/ Chineese (not sure whi characters in its name and it occurred to me how legit is wondertrade atm? Do people just hack in Pokémon and wondertrade it?
    Now I look to you the few people who would even care to bother hovering your mouse over just to even ponder about clicking it to post in the comments if you the readers think Wondertrade is full of Hacked Pokémon or clean as that new car smell!

2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Honestly, the person who got it from your probably got if from someone in Japan, explaining the difference. One of the coolest things about Wonder Trade is that it is global. I personally have loads of Pokémon that have Japanese and German and French names and all that, and it's perfectly fine.

If someone's going to hack a Pokémon, they're going to make it a level 100 Shiny Pokémon, and if you show that Pokémon to the ace trainer in the Battle Resort Pokecenter, he'll probably just ramble on about how every stat is extraordinary. I ended up with one like that and all I can say is either hold on to it or send it through Wondertrade again. If you get a Level 100 shiny, I advise you just keep it out of your Pokebank... there might be some anti-cheat thing there and you don't want to get flagged for something (it thinks) you did wrong.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Killerskullcat

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Cool man thanks for the Advice!

4. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    There are still a lot of people who hack Pokémon and send them over wondertrade so just be careful. Although sometimes it's nearly impossible to tell the difference. At the end of the day this is just something that Pokémon players have to deal with.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Something else to keep in mind is ANY shiny Pokémon may be hacked or cloned. With the release of Powersaves, you can make 10 (more now?) pre-existing Pokémon shiny and give them any IVs you want.

More often than not, if you get a shiny Pokémon, it'll be cloned or hacked. There's not really any way to tell, but if it's a shiny with 5 or 6 perfect IVs, it's more than likely a hacked Pokémon.

If you're uncomfortable with illegitimate Pokémon, I'd steer clear of using Pokémon without the Kalos-born mark.

Also, I wouldn't say all hacked or all legit. There's a balance between the two.

6. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I've only gotten 2 clearly hacked Pokémon, a shiny event shaymin that had some info that didn't match up, and a shiny 6IV lopunny at lvl 100 that was battle ready. I was able to tell it was hacked because the person who sent it later changed their icon? to steven stone which is something only a hacker could do. I keep the person in my aquantances just to be aware of when they're online so I can avoid them in the future. It's sad since it's a streamer. I personally don't mind hacked stuff depending on what it is, BUT I never trade it because I only like to trade legal and legit Pokémon. My suggestion, if you like a hackmon, then keep it. If not, press the big red button at the center of your command console if you know what I mean. Honestly, I wonder trade for fun, not profit. It's like a box of chocolates: sometimes you get the one with the chocolate creme, and sometimes you get the one filled with toothpaste.

7. CountessGardevoir

PokéPoints:
    ₽350.5
    As @[member="Strytho"] said, you just have to hope you get lucky. To quote Forrest Gump, life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get

8. EchoSouls

EchoSouls Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.2
    I personally don't care if I get a hacked Pokémon, I mean, If i got a level 100 shiny volcanion with perfect IVs i'd be pretty happy. :sweat:

9. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    For The Most Parts Its Legit Wurmples And other first route junk, breeding leftovers, hacked most of everything elts IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.