1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

⊰✧ Deltheor's Drawings ✧⊱

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by Deltheor, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] - Follow this topic to be notified when I update the thread with new art!- [​IMG]
    Hello, and welcome to my portfolio! I'll be posting my art from here on, since we recently got rid of our gallery. I've been drawing for a few years now, and it's one of my favorite hobbies. I'm self-taught, I haven't had any professional instruction on how to draw, everything I've learned I've taught myself through trial and error. I mostly like drawing Pokémon and fantasy-genre pieces, so that's what you'll mostly see in my portfolio here!​
    Any comments are much appreciated, I love getting feedback on my artwork! Feel free to browse through my art and ask questions if you have any.​
    _ _ __ ___ _________________________________ ___ __ _ _
    [​IMG] - Pokémon Art - [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] - Non-Pokémon Art - [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] - Quick Thread Links - [​IMG]
    If you don't want to search through every post in this thread, here is a list of every post I've made in here where I've posted my art!​
    ⊰✧ | Post 1 | Post 2 | Post 3 | Post 4 | Post 5 | Post 6 | Post 7 | Post 8 | Post 9 | Post 10 | ✧⊱​
    ⊰✧ | Post 11 | Post 12 | Post 13 | Post 14 | Post 15 | Post 16 | Post 17 | Post 18 | Post 19 | Post 20 | ✧⊱​
    ⊰✧ | Post 21 | Post 22 | Post 23 | Post 24 | Post 25 | Post 26 | Post 27 | Post 28 | Post 29 | Post 30 | ✧⊱​
    ⊰✧ | Post 31 | Post 32 | Post 33 | Post 34 | Post 35 | Post 36 | Post 37 | ✧⊱​

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Steamlined

Steamlined Jack of all trades

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Wow, I've never seen you Argonian piece before! I love it!

But wow, you're a really darn good artist! I hope you keep up the awesome work! I look forward to seeing some more from you. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Deltheor likes this.
  3. The Royal Aegis

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Wow, so beautiful

Deltheor likes this.
  4. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I love your work! Your coloring is very nice too and adds a lot of "pop" to it. Can't wait to see more!

Deltheor likes this.
  5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Del is by far one of my favorite artists, and not because he is my friend but because of how much personality and life each of his drawings have. I'd definitely like to see more scenic pieces from you Del! Keep up the great work, and I can't wait to see what you post next. :)

Deltheor likes this.
  6. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    Del you made me so happy drawing a SailorMoon Glaceon. Fighting evil by moonlight, winning love by daylight, never gonna lose a real fight, she is the one named sailor moon!~

Deltheor likes this.
  7. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Comment replies under the spoiler tag-
    Thank you! It's a drawing I did of my favorite Skyrim character, Wraith Shadowscale the Argonian. He's a sneaky swords-and-daggers thief, and he was really fun to play, haha. I'm glad you like my art though! I'll definitely be posting more in this thread as time goes on.

Thank you very much!

Thank you! I love using all kinds of colors, they're really fun to experiment with.

Aw Ben, you're too nice, haha. :blush: I'm still glad you like my art, though! Large pieces with backgrounds and whatnot do take a long time for me to finish, but they are really fun to work on. I hope to do more of them in the future!

Haha, I'm glad you liked it! It was a gift for a friend, though, I know absolutely nothing about Sailor Moon, sadly.

Now here's a couple drawings I did of Volcarona, which is one of my favorite Pokémon. I've been a fan of it ever since I saw it while playing the original Black and White back in 2010! Here's the first drawing of Volcarona that I did, which I did to resemble the style that Ken Sugimori draws in-

[​IMG]

I like how the pose came out, even if it's not my usual style. I then drew this Volcarona several months later, mostly just to practice flames and whatnot-

[​IMG]

It started off as just a practice doodle and then escalated from there, haha. Whenever I sit down to just practice something, it never ends up being a typical 'doodle'. I then decided to redraw my first Volcarona sometime last year, and I think it came out well-

[​IMG]

I figured I would redraw it for fun, since I liked the pose in the older one, but I knew I could do better style-wise. Volcarona's wings are so much fun for me to draw, I love messing around with glowing patterns and whatnot. I like how the redraw came out overall.

That's about it for now! Thank you for the comments, and feel free to leave a comment if you saw something you liked!

8. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I really like the Digimon ones, never saw those before. Or maybe I over looked them somehow on dA lol. Anyway they're all great. I'm sure you'll only get better too and I look forward to more in the future 83

Deltheor likes this.
  9. Synthesia

Synthesia Bird Keeper

PokéPoints:
    ₽67.7
    Woo good drawing! I think youre superlative from all the classes >.<

Deltheor likes this.
  10. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Thank you very much! The Digimon ones are my own species of Digimon that I created a while back. I still need to finish the Ultimate and Mega forms of him, haha.

I'm not quite sure what you meant by superlative, but thank you regardless! I'm glad you like my art!

Here's a couple drawings I did as a part of a currently-scrapped series, where I had some of my trainer characters fight various legendary Pokémon. One of the first ones I did involved Mewtwo-

[​IMG]

I do like how I did the lighting in this piece, it's probably my favorite thing about it. Messing around with shading and lighting is one of my favorite things to do, haha.

I also did this one with Groudon and Kyogre, and it's one of my largest drawings in terms of dimensions and file size-

[​IMG]

I'm pretty damn happy with how this came out, even if it is pretty old. It took a while to try to do the 'half-underwater' effect, and it was hard to make it look like it was raining and sunny at the same time (thanks to Groudon's and Kyogre's abilities) but I'm happy with the final product.

I also did this drawing somewhat recently, and it kind of fits into the theme of the other two. It's also neat to see how I've improved over the years with drawings of a similar theme-

[​IMG]

Rayquaza is one of my top 3 favorite Pokémon of all time, as well as being my favorite legendary, and I love drawing it! I tried to recreate the feeling of first encountering Rayquaza atop Sky Pillar, because for me, that was an awesome feeling, especially after climbing that godawful tower, haha. I put a lot of effort into the background on it; I ended up redoing the clouds three times before I was satisfied with them. I'm really happy with them in the end, though- I like putting in little details in drawings to make them look nice.

It's always fun to look back and see how I've improved over the years, it's pretty awesome. That's it for now, though! Thank you for the comments, and feel free to leave a comment if you saw something you liked!

ClamEatsCurry, Noctis, Ryan and 4 others like this.
  11. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    Del sweetie your art is outstanding! That piece of Groudon and Kyogre really astounded me! QAQ Oh my goodness, there's no sign of missing detail anywhere in your art! It's all so vibrant and full of so much life! No part of each pictures goes without some sort of emotion or action. I can't wait to see more of your art! It's amaazingggg<3

Deltheor likes this.
  12. The Royal Aegis

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    @[member="Deltheor"] can you do traditional art? . I agree with AWL

Deltheor likes this.
  13. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    aaaa thank you Aqua! I love adding in little details to my art, it's tons of fun and I like giving other people something detailed and interesting to look at.

I can do traditional art, yeah! I'm pretty good at it, since it's pretty much the same as drawing with a tablet, but I don't do it too often since buying traditional materials is really expensive. As long as I have my computer and tablet, creating art doesn't cost anything! Once I get a job, I'll probably invest in some more good-quality pens and markers and whatnot, but until then, I'll stick to digital art since I'm pretty broke, haha.

Anyway, here's a couple Mega-evolutions I've designed in the past! This was the first one I designed, Mega Jirachi-

[​IMG]

Normally I don't do Sugimori-styled art, but I felt it fit for these Mega drawings. I tried to keep its design pretty close to Jirachi's original design, and I really like how it came out, even if it is simple. I was inspired a little by Mega Diancie with the ribbon/jewel accessories, which I thought would look cool on a Mega Jirachi. I had fun detailing all the gems, haha.

The next Mega I designed is one that actually ended up getting a Mega Evolution, Gallade-

[​IMG]

I was surprised when the official Mega Gallade had almost the same exact scarf-cape thing that I added on mine! I can see the future

I tried to base its features after more knight/hero-like themes, such as making its head more helmet-like, giving it a hero-like scarf, turning its arms into dual-sided blades, and turning its weird circular waist into something that resembles an armored skirt that knights usually wear with armor. I also took some inspiration from Gardevoir with its 'ears', chest, and the designs for its skirt/scarf.

And the last one is my personal favorite, Mega Dunsparce-

[​IMG]

Dunsparce is one of my top three favorite Pokémon, and a Mega (or just an evolution) would really suit it. I tried to stick somewhat closely to its original design when planning this Mega, but I did want to make it look different and more imposing.

The style of this one was more based after the official Mega Blaziken promotional art where it's bursting out of the sphere, so I tried to replicate it the best I could. I drew the sphere and all the effects from scratch, and I think it came out rather well!

I also made some mock-up stats for this guy. Coming up with a balanced set was hard, but I think I pulled it off. It needed some sort of boost with its ability, because even with +100 to its BST, it still leaves it sadly underpowered and weak.

Mega Dunsparce
    Normal/Dragon Type
    Ability: Serene Force (Doubles Attack and Sp.Attack stats in battle)
    HP: 100
    Atk: 75
    Def: 95
    Sp.Atk: 75
    Sp.Def: 95
    Spd: 85

Anyway, that's it for now! Thank you for the comments, and feel free to leave a comment if you saw something you liked!

14. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    Wow all of those drawings look awesome!! :D I also like your idea about mega dunsparce. We need more dragon-types ewe lol

15. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    OMG! You love Pokémon, digimon, kingdom hearts and... Bronies???

Are you posing as me?!? :P

16. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Thank you very much! I hope Dunsparce gets an evolution and/or Mega in the future, I love it a lot.

I like all of that and more! Except bronies, please do not call me a brony. I do like the MLP show, but I refuse to associate with the fandom after some stuff that happened to me when I was active in it. I have had my art stolen numerous times and sold at Brony conventions, and I have received so much hate mail and death threats from bronies that it drove me out of the fandom. I don't do MLP art anymore, but I still love the show a lot.

Sorry for the small rant there, I am just very against being called a Brony, haha.

Ryan, Pitmore and LunarRabbitPikachu like this.
  17. Martsian

Martsian Gym leader

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.8
    Oh my god! Superb drawings! You are awesome man! I liked Beedril and gliscor the most!

18. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    Wow... Your art truly is amazing... I am not a huge art person, but i meticulously looked over each. Just so cool... As I love Weedle (and like it's evolutions too) that Beedrill one was stunning. All of your art is, but that is my personal favorite. The level of detail you put is awe-inspiring. I thought it was really cool to see Latios and Latias in the sky pillar one. Even so small, they looked as detailed as Rayquaza. I look forward to seeing more.

19. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Thank you very much, I'm glad you like my art!

Thanks so much! I love drawing larger pieces like those, they're tons of fun to put work into. Sadly, they do take up a bit of time as well, so I don't get to draw stuff like that as often as I'd like. Still, thank you either way, I'm glad you like them!

First off, even though it's not technically a drawing, I made a new signature set for myself! Event though I loved my Archie theme, I figured it was time for a change, so I made a signature set based on my favorite character from Hyrule Warriors, Volga-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I love his design, he's just so cool. I used his two different official renders for the avatar and signature (with the background being the Eldin Caves, a stage in Hyrule Warriors), and I used his victory animation for the userbar. The userbar took the most time to make, since I individually saved each frame of the animation and edited the color and contrast on each separate frame. Editing 235 frames like that takes a while, haha, but I love how it came out!

I also made this entry for the Color Your Own Azelf festivity going on-

[​IMG]

Coloring this thing was fun, haha. I had wanted to color the lineart I made ever since I made it for this contest, but I wanted to do something different for it. I tried some new things, and mostly based it after the Azelf that lives in the Crystal Lake in PMD2. Drawing all of those crystal facets by hand was a pain, but I learned a lot about gems and lighting while doing it, so it was tons of fun!

Anyway, that's it for now! Thank you for the comments, and feel free to leave a comment if you saw something you liked!

Ryan and LunarRabbitPikachu like this.
  20. Aurelia

Aurelia Supporter

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    I enjoy all of this

Also Glaceon as Sailor Moon makes me happy

You make me happy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.