1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Animals you love which are disliked by most

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cherry3Fairy, Dec 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    I think almost everyone has a big liking for such wild animals which aren't usually liked by most people. Do you have any? Like, creepy reptiles and ugly mamals which you are more or less crazy for?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    The first unpopular animal that comes to mind is the Sage Grouse, a flightless bird that eats sage bushes. Native to the American high desert, they push out their chests and make an odd drumming sound to attract mates. Due to habitat loss, sage grouses are now endangered. Not only do I think these birds are fascinating, but I also believe they’d be a great inspiration for a future Pokémon (in the microscopic chance GameFreak makes a region based on the Pacific Northwest).

Whenever I show someone a picture of a sage grouse, they always say it looks ugly and weird. That truly saddens me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Absolute Zero and Jeydis like this.
  3. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I am pretty fascinated by insects, especially millipedes and pillbugs. Beetles of all kinds are super interesting but a large majority of my family would say otherwise.

And of course there are reptiles. I love reptiles, they are a passion of mine. But I did once scare the socks off my aunt with a rubber snake I had. She made such an odd sound, I thought she was having a heart attack O_O

4. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I won't say I like pigs, but I have a major respect for them, particularly for wild boars. Seeing a razorback out in the jungle or the brush, how fiercely they protect their family, how diligently they chase intruders and predators, how fiercely they fight when they're cornered. If I was given the choice of being put into the territory of a mean wolf or the territory of a mean boar and having to fight one of them for survival... I would fight the wolf. Better chance for my survival that way.

Jeydis likes this.
  5. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Pigs bc they're pretty smart
    Horses, idk why people dislike them I'd love to ride a horse!
    Tarantulas, they're fluffy y'all come on, also having one walk on you would probably tickle and stimulate some asmr shit

6. Faded Autumn

Mawile
    (Mawile)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,166.8
    Dawn Stone ★★★★
    Pretty much all bugs. Not sure if that counts or not though :3 carpenter bees are my favorite though.

7. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Spiders. While people everywhere I go seem to have fear of them (and rightfully so) I love the symbolism of how they embody cunning, trickery and patience. In the insect domain; spiders are the perfect hunters in laying traps at smart areas which attract easy prey like weaving a web around a light which would attract foolish moths in the dark.

Spiderwebs are indeed made of a material stronger than steel, but there are actually two ends of each strand of the web. One that is made of the webbing material and the other which has the sticky coating. A spider would walk on the non-sticky side and if it were to touch the sticky side, it would adhere to it just as it would anything else.

If it were to get stuck; spiders would recycle their own webbing, so if it found itself immobilized by its own web, it would end up eating its way out.

8. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Not sure if anyone hates them but nobody better be dissing seals. They’re top predators, and they’re chonky and cute.

9. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I kinda like vultures. I see them in my area sometimes. I like to watch the large birds flying around, and it's pretty cool to see them standing on the ground eating. Vultures have some weird habits, but that's what make them interesting, even if some people don't like them.

10. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Hyenas. I'm head over heels for hyenas. First, because they are kinda big dogs, second, because they are gorgeous looking, third because they are cunning. Whenever I see hyenas on TV, I'm always like "oooh, it's getting hot here!"

Ethereal likes this.
  11. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Spotted Hyenas are one of my favourite animals. Most people think they're ugly, but I think they are adorable. Same goes for Striped and Brown Hyenas.

I also think pythons, moths, leopard seals, sharks, and monkeys are awesome.

#11 Dec 9, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019