1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Desolate Lands

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by LassusVulpes, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    "I'll have a rum then some mead to follow up with water on the side throughout the whole thing. I'll take two appetizers too, but you can choose what." The bartender nodded his head and grunted, then went to mixing the drinks. Tam sat down at the bar, facing Angela.

"So what's the story with you? Why are you guiding around a bunch of people who have no idea who they are?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    "Honestly, agreed with Rock there. Just the wolves were enough for a whole day. And we don't really know why we're here, either - at least, not Daigo or myself. Hopefully someone can answer that." Maya sat back. "But all that aside, we should grab something to eat. Don't know how long we'll be on the road after this."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    "Hm, yeah! Haven't eaten a good meal in ages!" Asga cheered, turning to where the bartender was taking the order of the weird necromancer guy. "Hopefully they have those good stuff like flamin' ale…"

Hearing the door open, the ghoul noticed the dragon from before enter the inn. He's the one who went on the mission, no? Damn, I wanna fight somethin' too! He seems kinda glum, though… "Oi, Daigo right? How'd yer mission go? Were there any cool monsters?"

4. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,034.0
    Rock watched as the reptilian member of their party, who he had not been formerly introduced to yet, walked back into the inn. It was clear from his face and posture that Daigo was in distress about something. Rock started to approach Daigo to see what was wrong, but stopped when Asga spoke up first. He didn't want to overwhelm the young lizardman and decided to wait before trying to get him to open up about whatever was troubling him.

5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Jupjami @LassusVulpes @ChocoChicken @Captain Comet @BZRich64

A call from Asga made Daigo perk up. He quickly came up to the table where Asga, Maya, Iva, and that orc from before (Daigo didn't know his name yet) were sitting at. "Yo," Daigo took a seat -- the one and only seat left in that particular table.

The very first thing in Daigo's to-do list at the moment was answering Asga's question. "Monsters? Not really," the lizardman answered the "cool monsters" part. "The mission itself should've been simple -- finding a lost dog. But..." his face turned somber. "I wish I had found the dog alive..."

#105 Aug 28, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  6. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    (4 months later and I now just respond cause my brain broke)

Angela wasn't surprised with the Necro wanting to converse , "Well uh, where to start... hmmm. I guess it's cause, I was once like you. Unaware of the vast surroundings of this world, and how it would go. And to make sure people with ill intent don't go for you . This world while cruel is beautiful" She dug through her pocket before taking out a slim device, placing it on the table it started to flicker.

A large globe formed lighting up the bar around , the size of it toppled the kegs , the cat who was hiding hissed and ran into a wall before up the stairs. "We're here, in Teroggo's territory, the earth drake. In this area the soil is fertile, and rich allowing for diverse landscapes. The next closest one is Tundera's , the ice drake. Where devils go to die, the sheer cold is strong enough to make those in fur freeze. Potions are well recommended. It does have it's use, of spiraling mines packed with gems . There's the molten drakes land of Mulkev , only ghouls lay there, the heat is very strong and even with potions you'll still sweat. The steel mines are suitable to build giant colossal beasts, and also have the use of being hot enough to forge any good almost instantly , the only thing stronger being a star. There's also the deserted land of the ruins, where the sand drake lays. I forgot their name . . . It's where explorers can go to die, horrors and traps await, a never-ending desert recedes hiding the truths of this world. But there's also a foul curse of this world. The shadow kin, made of hatred, fear, sorrow. Those who die, are born again in the shadow area , smack in the middle of this scattered world. All four of the drakes had to make a relic to hold back the shadows.

Upon creating said relics , they all went dormant in their dens, storing their power for the day of its escape. And I fear that day comes soon, so I wish to gather the strength of many, to fight back."

Iva stared at Angela "You didn't need to tell us the entire world history book. Pretty sure you used a few words that me and him didn't understand. . ." Angela looked at Iva's blank expression "I- I'm sorry" Angela spoke in a low whisper "Eah well , was still interesting" Iva gestured leaning back.

SAF and ChocoChicken like this.
  7. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    Tam stared half-confused at Angela. "Ooooookay. I only asked about you, lady. Not the world."

Upon Iva's statement, Tam winced a bit. "Why do you all keep calling me a 'he'? I'm not a he. I'm a they. Either refer to me that way or risk becoming an undead minion."

The waitress came up to the table and gave Tam their rum, water, and food. The two appetizers she asked for ended up being a small plate of frog legs and a bowl of fried fish about an inch long. They immediately took a sip of the rum and looked back across at the others, leaning back in their chair with their arms crossed.

8. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    "Oh too bad," Asga shrugged, a puff of fire escaping his mouth. "The dog's family must've been sad as hell, no? But hey, ya found 'im dead anyway, right? It's not yer fault then, so no need to be gloomy!" he added, patting the dragon's cold! wet back.

9. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    "Oh." Maya clapped a hand to her mouth as soon as she heard about the dog. "...but I guess Asga's right. Though at least you didn't run into any monsters alone. We'll have to come along next time just in case."
    Angela's sudden giant globe caught her attention - it was a little hard to miss with its brightness. While she could only make out parts of the monologue, she was at least able to learn about the lands. They'd definitely have to stick to this section of the world for now if the other places were as dangerous as they sounded.

10. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @Jupjami @ChocoChicken @LassusVulpes @BZRich64 @Captain Comet

"Yeah... thanks, guys," Daigo barely smiled. He did appreciate Maya and Asga trying to cheer him up tho. And about the cold feeling Asga had upon patting his back, Daigo contemplated whether he should explain that he had to, let's just say, "take a bath" to get rid of those large crimson ants from a random ant hill he passed by, but eh. Maybe he shouldn't unless prompted.

And then there's Angela's explanation about some places in this world. As a reptilian, Tundera's territory would be the worst place for Daigo to stay in. He might as well dub Mulkev as "Asga's heaven" because he's a ghoul and "only ghouls lay there", Angela said.

11. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,034.0
    Rock glanced down at his fist as he cracked his knuckles absently. He was sorry to hear that Daigo's quest had taken a dark turn, but felt he had missed his opportunity to console the young lizardman as the others in their party had spoken up first. Instead, he turned his attention to the geography/history lesson that their guide was giving to some of the others. He wasn't sure how much of it he was going to be able to retain, as those had never been his strong suits, but he tried to at least make a mental note of the different regions she mentioned.

12. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    "Last Call! Only Thumbshots then get the fuck out." The Innkeep called out. Angela looked at the clock hanging from the wall "Jeez, it's already half past midnight. We should all call it a night , or we'll get swamped by enemies come day

Unlike Lassus IRL, you should follow good sleeping conditions, and sleep regularly, There is Rewards, and Punishments
    A good sleep schedule will grant you a well rested buff, the feeling of a room matters for this, if you're out in the wild you'll have a comfort of one, but in a luxurious area, you'll have a course, higher level of comfort.

HOWEVER - Some personality traits , don't care about comfort. And will be either not rested, or able to get a well rest with ease.
    With a well rested buff , you'll get +4 acc , +3 temp resist , + 3 damage

If you're unrested, more enemies will agro on you, and you'll have -12 acc, -6 temp resist, - 5 damage, and you'll have the tired debuff that'll make it so that you drop your weapon irregularly

if you're ill / seriously wounded , without care . Your character will either wake up way worse, or perhaps. Die. *Course you'd respawn at the nearest Inn / Fountain*

"Awwww, I didn't get any food" Iva complained.

"I got some bird seed in my backpack. And some... Rations" Angela blankly responded

#112 Jan 5, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @LassusVulpes @BZRich64 @Jupjami @ChocoChicken @Captain Comet

And then Daigo yawned. The dog search quest had already exhausted him both physically and mentally. "Oh well, if y'all excuse me, I need to get some z's," the lizardman excused himself.

That said, he went to the bathroom for a quick drying with one of the towels provided there, then off to the bedroom that the whole group shared. The lizardman wasted no time plopping himself on one of the remaining bottom bunks available just because he was not in the mood to claim the top bunk and soon drifted off to sleep.

(And yes, I did ask Lassus about the towel part in Discord.)

#113 Jan 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  14. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    Sleep? Asga blanched at the lady (who apparently is gonna be their tour guide of sorts, considering all those new things he learned from her quick lesson… holy shit Tundera's gonna be hell, he thought with a shiver) as she brought up the topic of rest. Not that he minded sleeping - one, it's easier to conserve body heat, and two, he has to be at my damn best for when shit hits the fan - but there are other problems to consider, such as one the ghoul noticed as his head whipped around the suuuper flammable-looking inn.
    "H-Hey, first and second girl! By any chance, do ya have anythin' that can, I dunno, prevent fires or somethin'?" he asked the two humans who looked like they were talking about food.

15. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    "Guess he has the right idea. It is late, and I would really rather not die out there... was that the wrong thing to say? Ugh, I can't think anymore. Night." Maya waved to Rock and Asga, somehow not noticing the latter's troubles, and headed for the room. Once ready for the night, she easily claimed a top bunk with her reduced size.

16. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,034.0
    Rock stood up with a grunt and stretched his arms. It had certainly been a long day and a night's rest would do him good. He followed some of the others back to the room their group shared and set his instruments beside an empty bunk before taking his shirt off and climbing into bed.

17. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    Tam stayed behind for a few minutes while they finished their food. Eventually the innkeeper starting giving them a look and they left. Back up at the room Tam did a quick look over all the equipment they left on the bottom bunk, putting the syringe and empty vials they had taken early back where they were, then climbed up into their bunk above it, letting their body relax and drift off to sleep.

#117 Feb 5, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  18. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Angela yawned as the Ghoul walked up to her asking about anything flame repellent , "Hmmm let's see..." Angela shifted through inventory lists before snapping her fingers. She grabbed two things outta a magical portal that held her belongings, and handed it to Asga. It was a blanket that looked kneaded , a pale blue shade, and fuzzed. "That's a Aerogel infused blanket, it'll make it so that anything will not catch on fire over you, and the second item is a pendent that when worn will make sure that will nullify your magic, so if you're not in combat and trying to rest, I recommend wearing that." Angela smiled as she handed the pendent off to him as well

Iva blankly stared at the two of them "angmeblea and absga sitting in a trhee, k i s -" Ivas face collided with the table as her body shut down from sudden exhaustion. "Guess it's time for us to head to bed" Angela remarked as she picked up Iva with one arm , slumping her over her shoulder and started carrying her off to bed.

_-~ The night ticks past, wolves howl, owls hooted and squacked, bats screamed, and the sound of mugs clanked. The group has fallen asleep in these Desolate Lands, each member has been granted the well rested buff. The earliest i'll allow a member to wake up is 8:00 AM ~-_

19. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    "E-eh? So I don't have to sleep outside or somethin', and I won't get cold!?" Asga said in genuine shock, looking back and forth at the piece of cloth and the talisman thingy and the girl who was giving them to him. "Holy hell, that's awesome! Thank you so much!" the ghoul exclaimed as he took the blanket and coiled the amulet around his wrist. With a salute the white-haired boy scurried towards the living quarters, claiming the only available bunk left (The one above the dragon guy, because the other bed had all those strange tools and body parts and they probably smell like shit… oh wait he did too; dammit) and quickly falling asleep.

Crikey, that was one of the best sleeps I've had since… ever! Asga thought as he stretched and cracked his body, ready to start his first day of adventuring! The ghoul turned to look at the room from his bed… only to see the room already empty.

"Shit."

20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,733.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @ChocoChicken @Captain Comet @BZRich64 @LassusVulpes @Jupjami

It was 8:10 a.m. when Daigo woke up, feeling refreshed both physically and mentally. More than enough to get over last night's shock. Looking around, seems like most (if not all) of his new allies were still asleep. And turned out that it was Asga, of all people, who had been sleeping on the bunk right above him with a quilt on. Not that Daigo would even know that it was from Angela anyway.

That said, the lizardman took this time to stretch and crack his body a little, wash his face, and get some breakfast at the inn's common room (or bar or whatever makes sense in this world). If they did provide some, that is.