1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Do you replay older Pokémon games?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Sheep, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    (non-3DS games)
    I personally lovelove to replay the gen I-III main series Pokémon games for challenge purposes, but right now I'm juggling regular playthroughs in Platinum, HeartGold, and White. Do you guys replay? =') If so, how often? Do you do challenge runs or just play regularly when you feel the desire? Which older Pokémon games have you played through most often (spinoffs count also)?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    When I get into that mood, I usually play Red, Yellow, or Saphire, mostly because those are the ones that still work and I'm not good enough to play challenge runs of those games. X3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    I've played White 2/Black 2 the most, and honestly that game is super fun to do challenge runs in. Currently trying to do a Nuzlocke of Challenge Mode White 2. It... uh... isn't going too well so far lmao.

4. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    I'm currently clearing out all of the save files so I can do just that: go back and play the old Pokémon games. For the first time, I am taking my original Generation 3 Pokémon all the way up to Generation 7/Pokebank. I love Gen 5 especially, so I'm looking forward to more "older" Pokémon runthroughs!

5. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I enjoy playing older games, for both the challenge and nostalgia.
    For the most part, I play the gen II and IV games the most. I have the most memories playing them as a kid, and they aren't deathly slow.

6. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I only enjoy replaying gens 1 and 2. Gens 3-6 I like but I'd be too bored to replay. Gen 7 though...I could barely make it through the first run. It was so boring.

7. Friskian

Friskian Hex Maniac

Enemy Stand
    (Trickster)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    I Normally Replay Gen 1 because theyre easier to cheat Because i just like the nostalgia

8. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Before I lost my GameBoy, I'd play Pokémon Blue over and over again... Now, I sometimes play Diamond and White with some kind of self-imposed challenge.

9. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I replay my older Pokémon games all the time...mostly because I only have games in the first three gens, but still, they're really fun. Gold is my favorite to replay. The Johto region is definitely my favorite to explore, especially since the after game lets me explore the whole Kanto region.

10. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    older games such as Gen 1- 2 I enjoy to replay alot. the newer ones I avoid replaying often as I have to transfer the Pokémon I catch/fall in love with to newer games so I don't lose them. With R/B/G/Y and G/S/C you can't transfer them so..although it still hurts me to delete my Pokémon, I know that there is no other option so it doesn't eat away at me as long as it would be otherwise.

11. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I do, I usually do nuzlocke runs in them and sometimes I go back to older games since they tend to be a bit more fun and more challenging than newer games when you nuzlocke them.

12. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    You can believe I’m playing soul silver and bringing myself back to good ole times of Pokémon waking with you (seriously, I’d give up 3D graphics just to have Pokémon walking with you)

13. PantherPunch

Sky
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.1
    I replay platinum a lot because I love the pixel art and character designs.

14. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I'm the kind of guy who usually never plays a game after they've beaten it. Even to this day, I haven't erased a single game save file. However, Gen two is a bit of an exception. Back when I was young, we had a gameboy color and the only game I had was Gold. Eventually the battery died and I ended up playing it over and over again even though my saves never saved. Now that gold is on my 3ds, I find myself revisiting it often and replaying it all the time. Normally though, I never replay any other Pokémon game.

15. Leviper04

OLAF
    (Regice)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽81.5
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    for me I only have what I can get on a emulator on a bad tablet and two Pokémon games (Pokémon fire red and Pokémon Ultra Sun.) I have replayed a couple titles on the emulators but I can never bring myself to delete my account on Fire Red or Ultra Sun.

16. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Oh, absolutely. All the time, really. I guess I miss the old days of Pokémon, back when everything was still 2D and Pokémon didn't have moving animations. To be honest, I've haven't really been too wild about the latest Pokémon games, so I haven't had much motivation to replay them.

17. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Recently I’ve been getting back into White 2, and I’ve been working on making some (gimmicky) competitive sets :3

18. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    It's been a while since I've replayed one but I have in the past. I have replayed Sapphire, HeartGold and most recently White. I like going back and playing the older games a lot.

19. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    I don't really replay the older games very often. Partly because its hard to go back after getting used to all the various improvements and stuff, and partly because I don't want to have to delete my old files to start over.

20. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    It’s been a while since I’ve replayed one, but the last one I did replay was crystal