1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite Theories

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DeleteAbsol, Sep 26, 2017.

1. DeleteAbsol

DeleteAbsol Absol-utely Bad

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    What are some theories that you have seen that have peeked your interest and that you have wanted to share with other people? These could range from something simple like Pangaea or something more complex like the U.S. government being behind the 9-11 terrorist attacks. Kokology was one that caught my interest and made me want to share it with y'all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Rosalina being the daughter of Luigi and Peach.

:3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    DeleteAbsol likes this.
  3. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Mandela Effect, that one has messed with my mind pretty bad. :o

4. DeleteAbsol

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    @Shadria I know right I love Jiffy peanut butter

5. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    @DeleteAbsol and Billy Mays always talked about OxyClean! Where the heck did 'OxiClean' come from??

6. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Area 51, the moon landing, JFK's assassination and ancient aliens are a few of mine ^.^

7. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I've never understood real-life conspiracy theories, though. To be honest, they all seem so emotion-driven and hole-riddled that it's a wonder anyone with a decently-working brain seriously believes them.

8. DeleteAbsol

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    Yeah, I never really understood the thinking behind certain things like that, it seems like they are just trying to make things even worse.

9. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    The Mandela effect gets me too.
    But I totally think Bush did 911, They just wanted oil from the middle east.

DeleteAbsol likes this.
  10. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,034.0
    My favorite theory is that conspiracy theories are actually made up by people trying to hid the truth from us. Also, organizations such as the Illuminati and the New World Order don't really control anything, they're just trying to fool the world into thinking that they're in charge.

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  11. DeleteAbsol

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    Huh so some reverse tin foil man thinking that is a pretty neat theory, first I have heard of it

12. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    And here I thought I was unique in that perspective.

13. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I think all the theories about how if you travel so fast in space that everyone else on earth will have aged a significant amount even though you've traveled a number of light years and not as much time has passed is pretty crazy... Like spending a couple months on a really fast rocket but 40 or something years have passed on Earth when you arrive back... it's like time traveling to the future... Though maybe those are just concepts made up in space travel entertainment stuff. Still really interesting nevertheless.

14. DeleteAbsol

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    Yeah, however I think there is some merit to the theory seeing has how astronauts are actually slightly taller when they land back on Earth than they are when they first left. I believe it had something to due with the pressure of gravity compacting the disks in your spinal cord or something weird like that. (Unrelated note cool profile picture!)

15. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    That has actually been proved by NASA. They had two synchronized clocks and put one in a rocket and flew it around orbit. When it came back the clock on the rocket had a difference in time to the clock on Earth, and they predicted the difference correctly due to the theory!

But the theory that really fries my brain is the Schrodinger's Cat theory, A.K.A. the theory of quantum uncertainty. When you think about that it is a real mind-eff.

#15 Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    Absolute Zero likes this.
  16. DeleteAbsol

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    Yeah, the Schrodinger's cat theory really blew my mind when I first read it, and I feel like that will always be one of my top theories because of the unsure nature of the idea.

17. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    The two that get me are are brain-in-a-jar and Matrix.

Brain in a jar being the theory that I am you (or I or whoever is contemplating this) are not really alive, at least not in a bodily sense. You might just be a brain contained in a life-sustaining substance being fed a precise combination of hormones, neurochemicals, and electrical impulses (not unlike what your eyes, skin nerves, and the rest of your body sends to your brain) for the elaborate illusion of a life. There's really no way to disprove it, because that's all your conciousness is: things your brain does with the stimuli its being fed in the form of chemicals and electricity. You can't solve this kind of problem from inside itself. The closest thing you can do is say cogito ergo sum, I think therefore I am. But I am what? I could just be an organic brain being given signals by a machine instead of by my body parts and a world around me.

The Matrix theory is the idea illustrated by the Matrix films. This entire world is a computer simulation, etc etc. I'll expand it to include similar things like we're living in a pocket dimension made by some higher being, made by a god or an alien for fun or boredom or maybe a school project. Either way our universe is a creation of a larger universe. I'm pretty sure this overlaps with string theory, and it might be proveable or disproveable, but I'll leave that to someone with more education and funding than I have.

Maybe I'm just obsessed with my own non-existence.

DeleteAbsol likes this.
  18. DeleteAbsol

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    That Brain in a Jar one is actually pretty interesting... it is also odd to think that there is no real way to disprove this theory... especially since we might be able to do this ourselves in our own lifetime.

19. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,034.0
    Those theories remind me of the Platonic Cave. For those who don't know, the Platonic Cave is an idea proposed by Plato in ancient Greece that what we think is are reality is really nothing more than a bunch of shadows projected onto a cave wall that we've been conditioned to think is the world.

Wolf Expert likes this.
  20. DeleteAbsol

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    I actually read the story on that one in my english class at one point... yeah its kinda weird, especially since it showed one of the characters leaving the cave, coming back, and then questioning the way that he had once lived.