1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Iris-shi High School Talent (Idol) Club! (IC)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 14, 2022.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,968.9
    @SAF @WavePearl

Robyn watched the music video in awe and amusement. The mix caused her to smile in amusement. From the looks of Maya's expressionless(?) face, like she wasn't sure how to react to it, it might have have even shocked the girl. "Can you do that violin part, actually?" Robyn asked Nora. "In any case, I could add this to the playlist for the show."

2. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,694.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Dunno about Alex and Tala, but Robyn's awe and Maya's "I dunno what to make of this" expression amused Kai big time. To be fair though, he was impressed too when Nora first showed him the video.

"The Caprice part? Yeah, I can do that," Nora assured Robyn. And yes, she recognized the solo violin part as Paganini's Caprice No. 5 in A minor (hence her referring to it as "the Caprice part") followed by Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 in C minor. And maybe I can do the Mozart bit too~ she mentally added.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,967.3
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    122 Generation and SAF like this.
  4. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,968.9
    (I started playing the SMT x Fire Emblem crossover game. Seems the game already has its own version of UTAUloid and Vocaloid called 'Uta-loid'. Adding this into our counterparts)

@SAF @WavePearl

"That's... good to hear," Robyn said to Nora. The girl seemed very confident of her abilities. Could that be because of her experience in performing in an orchestra? Nora did attract an audience back at Amatsu Park, after all. Maybe this was the next step.

Meanwhile, like Kai, Robyn was also amused at Maya's stunned expression. It was like Maya had the shock of her life from something she likely had not heard of before. "Um... Maya-chan?" Robyn said softly to the green-eyed girl, while trying hard not to smile (and was clearly failing). "Are you okay?"

5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,268.4
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    The song seemed to be built more for rap than singing - Alex could already imagine one of her old clubmates getting a kick out of the song's clever parody of classical tunes. Though she was more of a singer than a rapper, she could fire off words pretty quick when needed, so if Nora wanted to do it as a group performance, she could certainly do her part.
    The song itself definitely did fit in with Nora's taste - she clearly had a passion for classical music, much more than Alex at least (she herself leaned more into EDM, a cappella and showtunes). And her energy was invigorating - Alexa almost wished she had the enthusiasm and knowledge to share that passion with her.

SAF likes this.
  6. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Tala had clapped and checked the music video "umm I. I can give it a try. Im not very good but..." gazing to her fellow singer of the group to what she said

7. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,967.3
    @122 Generation

"I'm fine..." Maya replied. "It's just--re-imagining classical composers as a boy band is amazing, funny, and weird all at the same time."

8. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,968.9
    @WavePearl @PirateCaptain @ChocoChicken @SAF

Robyn nodded silently, still trying to hold back her smile because of Maya's reaction. So she jotted down the list that they might all potentially play on the stage. Performance lighting will have to come later. Plus, was Tala suggesting she could rap? "Remember that we all don't have to present for each performance. Solo performances are in the lineup too."
    What Robyn wrote 1. Maya - solo
    2. Nora - with Kai and Tala?

9. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    "I..I know" Tala said. "I.I just wanted to give it a try" she sighed.

10. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,694.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Yaaay!" Nora threw her arms up in joy. "I'm sure you'll do fine, Tala-senpai," she assured the second year girl. Believe it or not, Tala joining in actually averted the worst case scenario: having Nora to sing in addition to playing her violin. And on the plus side, Tala didn't need to worry about the music because the Hansen siblings got that part covered.

"I know, right?" Kai chuckled at Maya's response to the song. "Even for someone not into boy bands, this is amazing!" he chimed in. Why, even Kai cracked himself up at Mozart's mountain of puns and Beethoven's "Can't hear you WHAT???" bit. Note to self, see if Tala can do Shostakovich's part.

@ChocoChicken

"By the way," Nora turned to Alexa with guilt crawling on the former's back for cutting off whatever the latter might want to say. "I thought you wanna say something?"

11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,268.4
    "Oh no, it's okay - I didn't actually have anything to say back there, just saw that you did! But now that you're asking... I had a few thoughts about a couple songs we might want to do, specifically this one could be duo piece, but... the problem is, I don't remember the song name?" Alex smiled a bit sheepishly. "I think it was something along the lines of... 'Bad...' something."

She paused for a moment. Perhaps if she described it... "I remember the video being themed around black-and-white shadow puppetry with fun transitions from scene to scene, and that there were both English and Japanese covers of it, whichever one we want to do. The choreo for this would involve the two singers passing the microphone or some other prop every few lines when they cross paths, swapping who's on the lead, who's singing or just the lightning - maybe even changing languages."

Alexa paused again when her thoughts were getting ahead of herself. "Though... I might have to look it up for a minute, if nobody recognizes it. And of course, if we want to keep this piece for a future concert or not do it at all, I have a couple songs for potential solos as well. And another question, but I'll save it until everyone else has presented a few ideas for performances - it might be more relevant then." Already she was choreographing the moves in her head for her backup song, and then her backup backup song...

(If nobody else in-character knows the song, it's Bad Apple. Yes, that Bad Apple that people keep putting in Minecraft and also everything else.)
    (EDIT: ...upon re-listening it does have two singers in it halfway through the first verse, so I changed up Alex's wording a bit to match that.)

#351 Sep 11, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
    122 Generation likes this.
  12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,694.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Black and white shadow puppetry, Bad something..." Nora's thought flew back to that one song she once played with her old friends (co-op style) in ARTA Arcade. She didn't know where that song originally came from, but it was fun regardless. "...Bad Apple?"

#352 Sep 11, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
  13. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,268.4
    "Right, yes, that's the one!" Alex immediately affirmed the statement after a quick search on Ebuto. She pulled up the original video and held it out for everyone to see. "There's also an English version. Though the lyrics are a little bit... depressing in both versions, though, so I can understand if you don't want to do it. A friend told me it's common for music from these artists, and I can always pick something else."

14. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,968.9
    @SAF @ChocoChicken @PirateCaptain @WavePearl

Robyn stared at the black and white music video that Alex showed her. To her, this song was familiar. Hadn't she heard this song on a rhythm game at Gartenstadt Station or at ARTA Arcade also? Otherwise, she couldn't recall where else she had heard this song. "If you want to do a duet, I'm sure someone among us can do that. I mean, I could too. Group performance... That's another story." That said, Robyn jotted down more on her notebook.

As for Robyn herself, she thought about what song she could cover for a first performance. Maybe something akin to the flash mob she saw the first time, which inspired her to start this school club. A song that could show off the same energy that she felt when she saw the flash mob would be fitting. But first, she wanted to hear what Tala - or maybe Kai - might want to throw into the schedule.

3. Alexa - with Robyn?

15. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    (She might pull off only a very small bit off it)

Tala just wanted to say something when the name of the song was already mentioned. "I love that song. I always sing that under the shower" she mentioned happily.

16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,694.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    As with everyone else, Kai watched the music video that Alex showed them all with him occasionally bobbing his head to the tune. Deep down he couldn't help but to wonder how could such a bop have quite depressive lyrics. Oh, well, that's a problem for another time.

"Uh, Chief," the brunet raised a hand as soon as the song was finished. "Is it okay to have more than one show per person?" he asked. The thing is, he got an idea or two for his solo piano, but...

17. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,268.4
    "Well, though I originally planned Bad Apple for a duet I think having I can also choreograph the act for three or more people," Alex clarified. "And to add on to Kai's question, how long do we have for the show anyway, or is that just up to us?"

WavePearl likes this.
  18. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,967.3
    @ChocoChicken

Maya was intrigued by the max act length question--She could hypothetically perform a megamix of all of Vivid Angel Squad's acoustic guitar friendly songs (all of which were thankfully appropriate for school) if she was allowed to perform multiple songs...

#358 Sep 12, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
  19. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,968.9
    @PirateCaptain @WavePearl

Robyn paused to think for a moment. "Let's see... Obviously, the school wouldn't want us to stay in the building the whole time they've allowed us. So we have the afternoon to perform as much as the allotted time allows - in other words, by evening, everyone should be gone. That means it's okay to have more than one show per person so long as we keep to the time. If you have something, I'll see to cramming it in there.

She looked at Alexa. "So if you want to choreograph Bad Apple somehow, go for it! See if any of us are interested. I mean, I might do a dance too, maybe. Otherwise, it really could be just a duet." That said, Robyn almost forgot she hadn't put down a show for herself.
    3. Alexa - with Robyn?
    (To keep this from being overcomplicated, I'm capping this show at 7 songs plus 1 closing group song if applicable. On later stages, I may raise the limit if you're all feeling for more songs

In Love Live, it was even like 1 song per show)

ChocoChicken and WavePearl like this.
  20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,694.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Duly noted.)

Thankfully, more than one show per person was okay, though it would mean extra practice for said person. "In that case, can I have a solo piano, please?" Kai requested. "I'm thinking to add some acting for that one too..."