1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Iris-shi High School Talent (Idol) Club! (IC)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 14, 2022.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,941.4
    @SAF

Robyn wrote that down in her notebook. "Got a song in mind, Kai-kun?" she asked.

What Robyn wrote 1. Maya - solo
    2. Nora - with Kai and Tala?
    3. Alexa - with Robyn?
    4. Kai - solo
    7. Group

2. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,662.3
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    One quick search on Ebuto later, Kai finally found what he wanted to perform. "This," he showed it to the girls.

And then Nora cracked up after some "Wait, what?" moments ensuing throughout the video. "Nii-chan, please," she tried oh-so-hard to calm down after the good laugh. "I don't think this is Elise saying no..." Whoever did this particular spin of Für Elise sure did a great job at reenacting the pent-up frustration while practicing said piece. It might as well turn into a comedy skit when coupled with Kai's acting skills, right?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,243.9
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    (7 should be perfect - we could make it one song suggestion per person, in which case we'd have Robyn and Tala's left. Also that rendition reminded me of "<song> except it's terrible and made me fail music theory" LMAO)

Alex mapped out the different songs in her head. If Tala wanted to join Bad Apple, then Alex herself could also hop in another multi-person performance, if there was one. After all, since this was her first new club, best to get involved as much as she could, right?

Kai's piano snapped her out of her head. As she read the joke-ish version of Für Elise, she tilted her head to one side, going back to her thoughts. It seemed as if both the siblings wanted to present some more comedic-based acts. She had no problem recognizing that both siblings were incredibly talented, that was for sure, but Alex just hoped it fit in with the rest of their more-serious catalogue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #363 Sep 12, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    122 Generation likes this.
  4. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,941.4
    (Right on. Now for Robyn's take... As for Tala, since she does have stage fright, let's see if she's up for that)

@SAF @ChocoChicken @WavePearl @PirateCaptain

Robyn facepalmed at Kai's song. "That's... well... unconventional. Elise said 'no', huh?" In her mind, Robyn was screaming, You're not seriously thinking of playing that, are you?! To keep herself from speaking out, Robyn held her breath. At the same time, she was thinking of writing more about everyone's interactions in her support log. Could she possibly ship Kai with every girl here? It was like she was in her anime fandom world again.

She quickly went onto Ebuto to pick out her song. "Okay! Uh, here's what I was thinking of playing. I could probably sing this too, but I don't usually sing aloud." She pulled up the song that she was thinking of playing. However, Robyn didn't have an electric guitar, so she might have to borrow one from somewhere. Maybe the music room might have one.

(For the record: the girl with the dark gray hair in the centre with the miniature red hat sings this - this song got me interested in Love Live)

5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,662.3
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Judging from Alexa's and Robyn's weirded out responses, Kai's initial plan might be a bad idea. "Oh well, if you don't like it, I can go with something else," the young man went back to his Ebuto search. Maybe I can do Tempestissimo or Axium Crisis... his train of thoughts went wild. ...wait, no, I'll need Nora for Axium Crisis.

Nora, meanwhile, turned her attention to Robyn's video. "Do you wanna do that solo or what?" she asked the club rep.

6. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Tala gazed around with everyone ideas. She knew she could never pull off that rapp. What was she thinking.
    There was also a song she wanted to try, but knowing she was way to scared to do anything.
    Tala stayed silent, she was fine with 1 song or duet more, so she could hide just incase

7. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,662.3
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Before Kai could find a good song for his plan B, he noticed Tala's awkward silence. It sure reminded him of that one time when he recorded her out of the blue for their promotional videos back in Amatsu Park. Realizing the possibly worst case scenario that was even worse than having Nora to sing, he knelt down to his sister's eye level. "Nora, that classical parody thing was your idea, right?" Nora nodded at her brother's question. "In case Tala can't sing for some reason, can you back her up?" the young man inquired. Cue a moment of doubt on Nora's part. "I- dunno if I can even sing, but..." her voice wavered a little, then looked up to Kai. "...I'll try."

Yes, that particular convo was done while Tala herself was present. And by "for some reason", it might range from the same stage fright Tala had exhibited during the promo videos' recording to, Naga forbid, her vocal cords being damaged beyond repair.

#367 Sep 13, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  8. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,941.4
    Robyn raised both her hands nervously jn defence. “I mean.., sure, I could sneak your song in there, Kai-kun. You know what? Maybe I will do that.” She decided to add Kai’s Plan A in the lineup after all and wondered what kind of reactions he’ll get. In another sense, the song was amusing too. She wondered if that catered to Nora’s tastes.

Then turning her attention to her own song, she replied, “I was thinking of doing it solo. But if someone wants to chip in, that’s cool too.”

In the meantime, she considered putting Tala’s name in the lineup but considered also if Tala wanted to. “Anything on your mind, Tala-chan?”

ChocoChicken and WavePearl like this.
  9. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    Tala looked up. "I... no I am fine. No worries, I just , " she gazed at Robyn, "can I talk to you in private please"
    She sighed, knowing she wont get anywhere near her goal this way.

10. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,941.4
    Robyn raised her eyes at the tone that Tala was giving. “Sure,” she replied. She got up to quietly take Tala aside. Before she did the that, she turned to the rest of the club. “In the meantime, maybe think about what kind of performance lights you’ll want on stage. We’ll need to arrange that later!”

Then she took Tala outside of the room to the foyer. “What’s going on?” Robyn said softly.

Meanwhile, Maribelle, Brady, and Lissa were hanging out around the foyer. They saw Robyn talking with Tala. Brady was more interested in what was going on in the conference room though.

11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,243.9
    Alex paused. Though Robyn had left, she'd given them a good question. "Performance lights..." With their leader gone, the question could mean anything from spotlights to full light shows. For now, she and the rest of the club would have to come up with some simpler ideas.
    "We might want to color coordinate ours just to make sure people know who's who, both in our solo performances and maybe in multi-person performances. Bad Apple would definitely benefit from having the lights switch colors depending on who's in the focus, but I'm not so sure about you, Tala and Kai's group performance, Nora."

12. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,941.8
    @ChocoChicken

"Since I plan to perform a Vivid Angel Squad cover, I wouldn't be opposed to their theme color of electric pink mixed with a few other colors." Maya suggested.

Since she was limited to one song, the next question was whether or not to play a song she knew well, or learn a Vivid Angel Squad song she didn't know yet.

13. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    Tala took a deep breath. "Now what I am gonna tell you, is to no one concern. So keep it a secret" she said serieus. Her usual from happy fully changed the way she spoke.
    "I have a brother who got lost years ago on a holiday. He is pronounced dead. It was pretty much full media though. After many searches they just give up. I do not have the resources to search for him nor will my parents support me, cause I know he is alive somewhere. I was hoping to reach him through my singing so I want to become big. Only...."
    She stopped talking. "I cant stand on stage. It takes me back to middle school all over again."

"Now, do not ever and than mean ever talk about this to anyone. Mostly the last part." She sudden said mad. "Because if you do, believe me I wont be so friendly to you. Last girl who talked , lets just say she is homeschooled now"

14. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,941.4
    @PirateCaptain

Robyn replied to Tala, “You must really miss your brother. You’re certain he’s alive, though? If he is, I’m sure he might recognise your voice.” Robyn looked away for a moment then looked back, while holding one of Tala’s hands. “We’ll try getting your name out there, Tala-chan, even if it means getting over your stage fright!” she added with a whisper, then raised her volume to normal. “I haven’t performed before an audience too, so this will be new to me. We’ll find a way for you to get over your stage fright - with all of us!”

Maribelle and Brady chatted over what Robyn could possibly be talking about.

#374 Sep 14, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
    Pirate Captain likes this.
  15. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,662.3
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Speaking of lighting colors, lemme grab 'em from everyone's bios...
    • Robyn: electric yellow
    • Robin (if he ever gets there) : purple
    • Tala: black and pink
    • Maya: red
    • Alexa: cyan (00FFFD)
    • Nora: lime green (the same one I use for her dialogues)
    • Kai: blue (the same one I use for his dialogues)
    None of the characters will know each other's theme colors until they speak up, though.)

"Lighting color..." Nora got lost in her thoughts. "I want a bright color but not stuff like pink or yellow..."

"Y'know, we're talking about personal colors here. A color that's very you," Kai tried to get Alexa's point across with emphasis on "very you". I mean, even if Maya got her electric pink lighting now, there's no guarantee that her next show (especially if it's a multi-person one) would be another Vivid Angel Squad cover, right? "And speaking of mine, can I have a blue, please?" the young man requested.

122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  16. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,941.8
    @SAF

"If this is going to carry over between shows, then I guess a red or a gold would do nicely." Maya admitted. Such lighting would also go well with her massive collection of tie dye shirts...

SAF likes this.
  17. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,243.9
    "I'll pass that on to Robyn when she gets back," Alex responded to Kai's suggestion. "Though it's probably best to ask her yourself to get the specifics. And I mean, I'm sure we can switch up the colors during our individual performances, though having a theme would help for the big group finale - and our intro if we have one."

122 Generation, SAF and WavePearl like this.
  18. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,941.4
    @SAF @WavePearl @ChocoChicken

(Suppose this would be a time to add Robin into the mix as a casual while the others wait for Robyn, so he could maybe chip in on his colours even though he's not signed up with the club yet)

It was at some point that while Maribelle and Brady would talking, Robin went to greet them as he had just come from failing to get a curry pan from the school shop (the curry pan had sold out, unfortunately and unsurprisingly). He saw Robyn and Tala talking, and decided to go check on the talent/idol club that Robyn had been starting up. It seemed the club had a decent amount of members. He walked into the conference room unnoticed by Robyn.

"Hi everyone," he greeted when he walked in. "Well, isn't this looking lively! What's happening?"

19. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,662.3
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    And then that mop-haired guy from the other day came in while Robyn and Tala were still outside. "Hey, Robin," Kai gave him a slight camp wave. "We're planning our live debut here. Ain't gonna tell ya more until Chief's back, though," the brunet grinned. This was originally Robyn's idea, after all.

Nora, meanwhile, was still pondering her own theme color.

20. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,941.4
    “Ah,” Robyn grinned. “Good to see she’s taking this very seriously. What’s going on? Picking songs? Logistics?” He walked over to Robyn’s notebook (and recognised her handwriting, which was about the same as his). “Ah. She’s thinking about going on her own, eh? Maybe I’ll just sneak myself in there.” He picked up Robyn’s pencil and scribbled his name on there.

What Robyn wrote 1. Maya - solo
    2. Nora - with Kai and Tala?
    3. Alexa - with Robyn?
    4. Kai - solo
    5. Robyn - solo with Robin
    7. Group