1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Iris-shi High School Talent (Idol) Club! (IC)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 14, 2022.

1. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,268.4
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Alex suddenly froze as Robin walked in and just added something to her notebook - wait, did he just add himself to her performance?! "Uh, I don't know if you can- not without talking to her first- wait, did you guys talk it through somewhere else? I didn't know we had a new member, she didn't tell us-" she immediately began, making her way over to him.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,694.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Only when Alex voiced her complaint of Robin adding himself to the mix did Nora snap back to reality. "Uh, Robin-senpai?" she called out to the gender-flipped version of Robyn white-haired guy. "Are you a member too?" The whole "Robin adding himself to the mix" thing, in turn, earned Kai's chuckle, so he stormed out to let Robyn (who was in the middle of her private talk with Tala) know about this. "Oi, Chief! Someone wanna join you here," he called out to her. I mean, for all it's worth, that "someone" could've been either Kai himself or any of the girls, right?

And no, he didn't know what Robyn and Tala were talking about.

(Speaking of Tala...
    I'm poking @PirateCaptain about that.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    122 Generation likes this.
  3. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    (Sorry for late reply. This us still to Robyn)

Tala was surprised by the way Robyn act so carefree. She just threatend her. "Yeah I do miss him. He always protected me " she gave a weak smile

4. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,968.9
    (No problem)

To Robyn, threats were the least of her worries. After all, she had faced death time and time again last year. She could think of worse things that could happen to her - like an imminent apocalypse that threatened to fall (and she had to prevent) every two months. Even then, for the sake of the club, she knew it was probably smart to keep Tala’s secret to herself.

“I… totally understand, Tala-chan,” Robyn said. “At least you have hope. I had a younger brother once, but he’s… I wasn’t able to protect him.” She extended her hand to Tala.

Then Kai appeared. “Eh? Someone wants to join me onstage? Let’s see!” Robyn replied, who also led Tala back to the room.

@SAF @WavePearl @ChocoChicken

Looking directly at Alexa and Nora, Robin said, “Oh, I’m definitely not a member, Nora-san, Alex-san, but I’m sure that Robyn won’t mind another signup. If anyone asks, tell her she did it herself. After all, our handwriting is the same,” Robin replied. He didn’t mind performing for a bit even though he didn’t know the full background of what Robyn had planned. “I’m confident she’ll let me join her onstage. She talks about her music all the time. And we do have similar tastes…”

Then Robyn and Tala, plus Kai, re-entered the conference room. Immediately, Robyn was surprised and shocked to see Robin there beside her notebook. “Wha-? Robin?! Why are you here?” she said.

Robin gave Robyn a wave. “Hi Robyn. Oh, nothing much. If you have any questions, just ask me…” he replied and started to walk out of the room, only for Robyn to catch him by the back collar of his blazer.

“Not so fast,” Robyn said with an annoyed and suspicious face. She dragged him to her notebook. “Huh? When did…?”

“Looks like you added me to your performance eh?” Robin said, who also looked at the notebook. “I mean, that’s quite thoughtful of you. Am I part of the club now?”

Robyn just stared at the notebook. It was clearly her handwriting that scribbled out solo and had written Robin’s name in there. “I mean… I don’t mind. It was supposed to be solo…” She mentally slapped herself. She knew that someone else had the same handwriting as hers! “Ugh! Robin! You don’t just waltz in and self-insert into the programme! This is clearly your writing!”

“But you would like me to join you onstage, right?”

“That’s true…”

Robyn handed her notebook to Robin. She looked half-annoyed and half-pleased. “You still have to sign up. Then we’ll take it from here.”

Robin wrote down his contact information, even though it was kind of redundant since Robyn already had his contact (and that she lived in his home). It was still for administrative purposes for the school.

Then he took one more look at the list. “You picked out that song, eh? Thinking of dancing to it?”

“Maybe.”

5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,268.4
    Oh crap, I really messed that one up. Those two are friends after all Alex, Robin basically told you so last meeting-

"...Oh, uh, welcome to the club?" Seeing as Robyn seemed cool with Robin's sudden signup, Alex found her earlier outburst incredibly awkward, and retreated to the back a little bit, mind spiralling only a little bit in all the ways she'd just screwed up. She was only just a regular member of this club- why couldn't she just keep her mouth shut?! Wait, but if she kept her mouth shut now, that could make the misunderstanding worse- "...I'm sorry about that, Robin... oh, Robin with an I. About earlier. I panicked."

Okay Alex, you didn't have to share that. Even if it was obvious. Wait, but then there was still- "Also, Robyn, a couple of us have our preferred light colors ready. I think. Kai and Maya do at least. Kai requested a blue, but you might want to ask him for specifics, and Maya requested either a red or gold... yeah, maybe you can ask her further on that one too. Nora's still deciding." Dammit, I need a concrete answer here! "And if possible, I'll take cyan. If you need a hex code, that's 00FFFD, or maybe something close to that please!" With that done, she gave Robyn a slightly-wavering blank smile and mentally screamed into the void.

6. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,968.9
    @ChocoChicken
    (Why does Alex's mind remind me of Xuehua? ^_^ For the record, Robyn is flustered that Robin is joining so suddenly without telling her)

"Eh? Um... Okay," Robin replied to Alex, confused about her apology. Seeing that Alex had withdrawn, he went to join her side. "If there's anything bothering you, you can let me know. You know, I'm surprised that she was okay with it too."

Robyn, busy as always, made an effort to write down everyone's colours. She had almost forgotten to write her own. "Robin! What colour would you like for lighting?"

"Purple. Same as my trim."

"Oh, of course you would pick that."
    What Robyn wrote 1. Maya - solo - red/gold?
    2. Nora - with Kai and Tala? - ?
    3. Alexa - with Robyn? - cyan (with electric yellow?)
    4. Kai - solo - ?
    5. Robyn - solo with Robin - electric yellow with purple
    7. Group
    @PirateCaptain

"Hmm... I still have a space here. Say, Tala-chan. Is there a song you'd like to co-perform with someone?" Robyn said. Then turning to everyone else, she said, "We might need to think of a closing song we can do together too."

#386 Sep 17, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  7. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    Tala had walked back. ''I uhh, no I am fine. As for the colors. I do not mind at all.'' she said . ''Kai and Nora can decide that.'' as she gazed around seeing the same boy as last time. Wondering what he did here this time. She decide not to ask about it

8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,694.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Now that you said that, me too. :D)

Back in the conference room, Kai shook his head and Nora blankly stared when the white-haired duo were having their own squabble. This sure reminded Kai of that one rumor of these two being, y'know, more than "just friends". Not that he'd even touch on that considering their inability to use "we're siblings" excuse to deflect any shipping attempts. And unlike Alex and her internal panic, Nora simply tilted her head regardless of whether she actually had some leeway on her previous question -- being a first year and all.

And then Alex talked about lighting colors. "Oh, right. Chief, can I have a blue? 6890F0, if you want a hex code," Kai raised a hand as he voiced his request. Good thing he had no qualms of calling Robyn "Chief" -- if anything, that was enough to differentiate her from Robin. "Lime green for me, please!" Nora shot her hand up as well now that she got a color that's very her.

So now Tala's choice of lighting color was supposed to be at the siblings' mercy, huh? Kai's answer? A big, fat "No," with an intense gaze into her eyes. "We haven't known you for that long, bucko. Nor can we read your mind for the color you want," he sternly explained. And as if proving Kai's point, Nora asked Tala, "What's your favorite color, by the way?"

#388 Sep 17, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    122 Generation likes this.
  9. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,268.4
    (Between Flamberge, Xuehua, and Alex when things go out of hand (to her), there's enough awkward moments to go around FJSDKGJSDKF)

Alex just gave Robin a nod at his response. Though there was still one thing she hadn't entirely clarified either - and since Robin seemed to be all right with her, she probably should speak up again. "By the way, Robyn, about our lighting color - does it have to be constant across our solos and duos and all that, or is it just for our introductions and our group performance?"

122 Generation and SAF like this.
  10. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    Tala was kinda shocked at what Kai sudden yelled at her. She quickly compose herself, hearing Nora also talking.
    ''Look, it doesn't matter what I choose.''
    Just than some school students who were on the way to there own clubs passed them. ''Its easy, she loves Black and Pink.'' one of them said. ''It is all over her fan page from the pageant club in the next town.'' One of the boys said. ''You should totally watch the video on ebuto, she is so cute in that dress.'' they laughed as they continued walking.

Tala felt herself getting red. It was bad enough in her class, and she just hoped her club members just ignore what they just said.

11. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,967.3
    @PirateCaptain

Maya heard the whole thing--if Tala wanted a different color besides those, she could pick any color she wanted.

She noticed Tala turning red--from anger or embarrassment, she didn't know. "Just ignore them--pick whatever colors you like." she assured her.

12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,694.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Wait, Berge too? :D)

@PirateCaptain @122 Generation @WavePearl

Unfortunately for Tala, Nora was way more receptive to the schoolkids' passing comments than to Tala's plea to ignore it. "Okay, thank you~" she waved to them. Kai, meanwhile, just sighed in... indescribable emotion. He did agree with Maya for this one, hence his flat-out refusal to pick a color for Tala. "So far the colors taken are cyan, blue, lime green, purple, red, gold..." the brunet paused upon realizing that he didn't know Robyn's color. "...Chief? What's your color again?" he asked the club's rep. And no, Kai didn't even yell all this time. Did Tala's paranoia make her think he's yelling like her father did in the club's first meeting?

"What nii-chan's trying to say is, you can't pick the colors everyone has taken," Nora explained on her brother's behalf. "Everything else is fair game, even black and pink," she winked at the last sentence. Before Kai could reprimand her for trying to pick a color on Tala's behalf though, Nora quickly clarified, "I- I mean, no one's picking those colors yet, right?"

#392 Sep 17, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
  13. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,968.9
    First, Robyn was startled a little when Kai called her out amid her chat with Robin. What could possibly be in Kai's mind? She shook her head. She didn't mind being called 'chief' at all. There could be more embarrassing nicknames for her that could differentiate her from Robin (namely 'Melonpan-chan' which Gaius had coined last year and the name stuck within the Shepherds). Not that she would ever tell anyone. That said, she wrote down the list of colours that each member had given so far.
    (Plenty of awkward moments for Berge, Xuehua, and Alex from the looks of it, indeed)

@SAF @ChocoChicken @WavePearl @PirateCaptain

Robyn replied to Alex, "The idea is that the lighting is something to keep with each of your branding. There will be regular spotlights additionally used, and if there are duets like you say, it will also be present. At least, that's how I envision it. We could customise the use of it depending on your need. Otherwise, the default is that the lighting will stay on for the duration of your performance." Then she turned to Kai. "Oh, I didn't mention it to anyone, did I? I'll do electric yellow."

Robin, now satisfied that Alex was in a calmer state, made his way out of the room. "Let me know if you have any updates," he said. "Oh, and if you do want to call her something else. try 'Melonpan-chan'." Then he left and closed the door.

Robyn shot a glare at Robin with a humourless smile. Did he have to go there? She did like melon pans, yes. It was how Gaius made up that ridiculous nickname for her. If there was more time, she would have loved to have embarrassed Robin with an identical counter of her own if he had remained in the room. "Um, right. I see we have space for an extra performance before the finale, if anyone wants to fill it. And if nothing else, what would make a good closing group performance?"

2. Nora - with Kai and Tala? - lime green with blue (6890F0) and ?
    4. Kai - solo - blue (6890F0)
    5. Robyn - solo with Robin - electric yellow with purple
    7. Group
    (If no one wants to fill it, I'll give it to Robin)

14. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,694.8
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @122 Generation @PirateCaptain @WavePearl @ChocoChicken

"Melon... pan?" curiosity ensued on Nora's part. She turned to Kai but he only shrugged. I mean, while the food itself was alright, why would they call someone by their favorite food? Kai, for one, would rather call Robyn "Chief" any day.

Speaking of the last slot of performances, neither siblings had any ideas to fill that up. Even if they did, it probably should be saved for another time because that slot was (most likely) supposed to be for either Tala or Robin. However, Kai had another idea for his own solo part. "By the way, if you don't mind, can you move my solo part to the last, please? Before the finale, I mean," he requested. "I got a plan for the transition between 'em."

15. Pirate Captain

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    Tala was already glad no one paid full attention to them. She knew the page existed but she didn't do anything with it.
    ''Fine, my color will be either black or pink.'' she was kinda tired that she just had to choose and just let it slid.
    ''Alright, what to do next.'' Tala just sat down on a nearby chair near the club

16. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,268.4
    (I think Berge had a couple awkward moments of her own LMAO. Xuehua's stumble was more recent haha)
    It seemed Tala didn't want to add a song of her own to the roster - well, in that case they did have Robin as a new member to fill in the slot. Though the girl in question appeared to have chosen her color, Alex wasn't entirely sure how black lighting would work, so that probably meant Tala defaulted to pink?
    Either way, she kept quiet, pulling out her extra notebook to draft up ideas for the Bad Apple choreography - Robyn seemed like she was quite physically fit, so Alexa would only have to worry about her own movements - Robyn could probably copy.. The song would work no matter which timeslot it was in, though Alex herself just didn't want to be the first one onstage just in case.

#396 Sep 18, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
    WavePearl and 122 Generation like this.
  17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,968.9
    "Sure, no problem. I'm interested," Robyn replied to Kai, who rearranged the song order. "You know, I'll put Robin for the the empty slot here. But if anyone wants to take it, just let me know. I'll talk with him too. Oh, and the melon pan thing... Ah, that goes way back." It actually happened over a fight for the last of the fast-selling melon pan last year, close to when she ‘transferred’ into the school.

@PirateCaptain @ChocoChicken @WavePearl

She noticed that Tala was feeling a little on edge. Was Tala annoyed or tired or...? Then again, Robyn remembered Tala was bothered by her own problems. What was that about an Ebuto video, anyway? Something from before about Tala in a dress? Oh! That reminded Robyn...

"Okay! Here's what happens now," she said to everyone. "You'll probably need to practice your performances at home between now and the performance. Next week, we'll be doing stage dresses. So make sure you've got your fashion sense on for next week. Also… I probably can’t do black light. Maybe I’ll do gray if that’s alright,” she added. “We’ll need to practice in the meantime, and if you’re dancing - including myself - make sure you have choreography worked out.”
    2. Nora - with Kai and Tala? - lime green with blue (6890F0) and black/pink
    4. Robyn - solo with Robin - electric yellow with purple
    5. Robin? - solo
    6. Kai - solo - blue (6890F0)
    7. Group

18. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,268.4
    "Wait a minute, sorry, I have a relevant question-" Alex suddenly raised her arm, a practice carried over from how she was in her science classes. She'd been saving it for now - well, she'd meant to ask the others what they were planning on wearing, but it looked like they would all learn that next week. "For stage dresses, you mean the outfits we will be performing in, right? Will these be constant across our performances either, or will we be allowed to modify or change them in between? ...And finally does it have to be a dress?"

19. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,968.9
    @ChocoChicken @SAF @WavePearl @PirateCaptain

Momentarily, Robyn felt like she was a teaching assistant when Alex raised her hand. Suppose that was natural and came with the territory when in a high school. “Exactly. First, it will be the outfits or apparel we’ll wear while performing. It can be anything - ‘appropriate’ so to speak. Second, modifications are encouraged! I’m thinking it can be as subtle as changing a pair of headphones to as different as changing from a winter outfit to a summer outfit. Not that I encourage wearing a winter outfit for the Summer Scramble Festival though, if we get in. We can probably brainstorm ideas before and during the next meeting.

“Finally,” Robyn added, while trying to suppress a laugh. “No. It does not have to be a dress. I imagine Kai-kun and Robin will vehemently object to wearing one, unless if they really want to.” In her mind, she wondered if Robin would wear a dress if she asked him.

20. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,967.3
    @122 Generation

While Maya didn't mind wearing dresses (as was often required for plays), she was aiming for something more casual and colorful for this show. Her lighting and a tie-dye shirt would likely create a beautiful fire illusion...