1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Iris-shi High School Talent (Idol) Club! (IC)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 14, 2022.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    A very flustered Robyn was still stuffing her support log into her bag when she felt her phone vibrate. She took out her phone and viewed her text messages. Oh. It was from Kai. Puzzled at the sudden request, she quickly replied to the message (in her heart, she wondered if fans might view this as a shipping attempt).

Kai-Robyn text messages "Hey, Chief"
    "Can we talk in private after the meeting?"

"Huh? Sure."
    "What's going on?"

Shortly after, Nora and Kai arrived. Robyn had calmed down by then and waved at the pair. "Nope! You're just on time! Though you did miss out on a dramatic entry by Mallik-san." She shot an annoyed look at Tamal. "Now, we just need to wait for Robin..."

As if on cue, Robin appeared from behind Nora and Kai. "Hey..." he greeted everyone.

"Hi, Robin." Robyn smiled at her other self. "Have a seat!" To her surprise, Robin passed her a can of Melon Dew which he had bought from the school shop ("I thought you were thirsty," he said, to which Robyn replied in a small voice, "I am! How did you know?").

Robin also produced a plastic box stuffed with lemon puffs - a simple lemon cream sandwiched by two biscuits. "I brought these. My little sister made them."

@ChocoChicken @Pirate Captain @WavePearl @SAF

Robyn then directed everyone to gather at the lounge table. She sipped her Melon Dew first before saying, "Looks like we're all here. Today, we're going to show off our designs and perhaps print them if we have time. That will be something!"

2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @122 Generation

"What if we have multiple concepts to show?" Maya asked. "I have three different concepts..."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Oooh, nice," Kai picked up two of the offered lemon puffs (with a "Don't mind if I do," to Robin) and gave one to Nora. The mention of Tamal's dramatic entry did make the siblings giggle, yes, but they'd probably have a chance to see it next time.

So now the meeting's about poster designs. It was a good thing that Kai brought his laptop with him. Although, since Maya looked like she was oh-so-eager to show her designs off, the siblings decided to let her do it while they were nibbling their lemon puffs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @SAF

"Okay...concept #1..." Maya showed off a poster of a phoenix rising against a sunburst. "A phoenix and a sunburst. Couldn't decide if I wanted 'Phoenix' on the bottom, so we left it off."

5. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    @SAF @Pirate Captain @ChocoChicken

Like Kai, Robin also helped himself to a lemon puff. Eating these really brought back good memories of him and his little sister at home. Robyn also did the same. As if they were in perfect coordination, they split the biscuit sandwiches at the same time and nibbled first on the one without cream. Then they nibbled on the one with cream.

Unlike Kai, however, Robyn only brought her design on a flash drive. In fact, she and Robin would be represented by one poster as it seemed better off for them that way. Plus, if they were to have a stage name, they would settle with one name between them.

@WavePearl

Robyn glanced at Maya's poster. "Not a bad start, although... are you putting a picture of yourself on top of this poster too? Or is 'Phoenix' enough?" Then Robyn did a double take. "Oh...! So your stage name is Phoenix?!"

WavePearl likes this.
  6. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @122 Generation

Maya nodded. "One of the art club suggested that after I showed them my red orange and gold color ideas. The art teacher liked it too, so we brainstormed three concepts."

7. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Tamal thanked Robin for the biscuit (and asked him to thank his sister, too, while he was at it). When Robyn mentioned his "dramatic entrance" and the Hansens laughed, he snapped a finger gun at the two of them, as if to say "you'll see me next time". He also did note Robyn and Robin's almost identical movements. Alex didn't tell him that the club was run by twins! Well Alex didn't tell him that much about the club, given he didn't tell her he was transferring. Ah well, he'd learn.

Alex, on the other hand, seemed to have her mind on business matters as usual. She paused to look over Maya's current idea - it seemed that the theater work had given her good knowledge of art terminology - then turned to both her and Robyn. "It's a nice concept, but it does bring up a question - what should we have on our poster in terms of information? Stage name? Actual name? Should it show an image of us? We might have to make some updates if that's the case."

WavePearl likes this.
  8. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    It seemed like no matter who they were served to, Morgan's lemon puffs were always a hit. Robin smiled to himself. Morgan would certainly be thrilled to bits.
    Robyn nodded in Maya's direction. "Looks like you're quite the creative one! Whether you want that to be your marketing material would be something else..."

Then she looked at Alexa. "From what I saw on Summer Scramble posters, the idols do have images of themselves with some kind of flashy background. But it's up to you. You could make it like a movie poster, or something! Whether you want to put your stage name or actual name (or if your actual name is your stage name), it's up to you! You can have fun with it! But of course, having some kind of name on it is useful for the fans."

Robyn also noticed Tamal's queer reaction to Robin. Oh, that's right! Tamal hadn't met Robin yet! "Um, right, Mallik-san," she said to Tamal. "You haven't met our other member, right? This is Robin. Now, I know my name is Robyn and his name is Robin, but I can assure you we're not related... Our names are just spelt differently. We're not twins, got it?!"

She looked at Robin. "Robin, this is Tamal, our newest member. He joined us while we were at the station last meeting." In Robyn's mind, she was screaming and prayed to Naga that he wouldn't explode. The last thing she wanted was for some overreaction from Tamal, if his dramatic entrance had anything to say about him (that could have damaged the door).

(Below you will find what Robyn had in mind - from the Love Live video game - but you don't have to limit to what she's thinking about, of course)
    [​IMG]

WavePearl likes this.
  9. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,086.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Tala shook of her share of the sandwhich. "Sorry huge lunch like usual" she chuckled. Checking her phone for a moment she saw a text from one her friends. She smiled, "one moment' as she rushed towards the door and one second came back with a poster in hand. "She actually could make it. Good"
    A min later when she just sat down her again a ping to show a photo. Once again she chuckled.
    The girl in question was crying and got surrounded by one of the jocks that Tala made friends with.

"Ah stage name. I guess for now my name. Its not a very common name and I am sure no one would expect someone like me"

10. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @122 Generation @ChocoChicken @Pirate Captain

While the others (including Nora) were feasting their eyes on one of Maya's mockup designs, Kai was busy preparing his laptop for his own show-off. Like Tamal, he did notice Robyn's near-identical movement with Robin's but decided against saying anything about it. Instead, his mind was busily trying to come up with a stage name or two because neither his nor Nora's online names were... stage-worthy.

@WavePearl

"You said you got three designs ready, right?" Nora turned to Maya with a curious look on her face. "Can we see the other two?"

#790 Nov 25, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  11. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @SAF

"Okay...this is concept #2--a photomanipulation where it looks like I'm the rising phoenix." Maya explained, showing off a picture of herself in a red and gold coord with beautiful phoenix wings, complete with the word "PHOENIX on the bottom. "A few of the art club members are good at photomanipulation, so I sent over a picture of myself, and they did the rest."

12. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Robyn looked closely at the poster. "That's a start. You dressed up for this, huh?" she said to Maya, all while finishing off her lemon puff (whereas, coincidentally, Robin also finished his off at the same time). If that wasn't enough to trigger Kai or Tamal, this might have done it again. "Yeah... I suppose that as well as crafting posters, we might need to think of stage names to get our names out there. The fans might like it too."

At the door, Robin was there to let Tala back into the room. There was something like a glare in Tala's eyes, if he wasn't imagining things.

ChocoChicken and WavePearl like this.
  13. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,086.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Tala clapped her hands happily when she saw maya poster. "This is amazing" as her emotion swiftly changed.

WavePearl likes this.
  14. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
  15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @122 Generation

"Design #3 is based on fireworks to complement an idol in some of the big concerts--but the phoenix motif is still there." Maya explained, showing a scene of an idol based on herself in a magnificent phoenix inspired costume, with fireworks overhead and red and gold lightsticks representing an audience.

16. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    "I see..." Robyn said. "Well, whatever works for you, but are you going to wear the same costume onstage? The audience may have expectations what you'll be actually wearing as opposed to showing it on the poster. They would expect the same clothes, I think."

Elsewhere, like Kai, Robin got to thinking what kind of stage name he would like. He just might have to share one with Robyn.

17. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @122 Generation

"This is true, but for the time being, this is just a concept." Maya explained. "But which one did you guys like best?"

18. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    By then, Kai's laptop was ready. The third-year brunet immediately shifted his attention to Maya's designs. "Not the first one, I'd say," he remarked, mainly because the first design didn't have a Maya shown there either as an edited photo or an illustration.

"I love the second one~!" Nora chimed in. She then immediately corrected herself, "Not that the other two are bad or anything."

WavePearl likes this.
  19. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    @SAF @WavePearl

"Righto, so totally up to you what you like, Maya-chan," Robyn added. "If I had to pick, it's the second or the third one!"

20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    After one quick nod in agreement, Kai turned to Robyn. "Can we show 'em now? Our designs, I mean," he asked. And by "our", he meant both Nora's and his own.

WavePearl likes this.