1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Iris-shi High School Talent (Idol) Club! (IC)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 14, 2022.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,941.8
    @122 Generation

Maya's heart sank as she watched Robyn leave for the girls' bathroom. Tala leaving probably hit hard, so maybe she needed a few private moments to collect herself, she figured.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    (Take your time, SAF. I'm so sorry about what happened, and we're here if you ever need anythin.)

Alex nodded at Robin's response. It was true that Robyn hadn't given them the day's plan, but it was good enough that she'd been able to foresee this and plan out a few concepts. And in a week? Time was catching up to them faster than they thought.

It looked like Robyn and some of the other members needed some time to deal with Tala's sudden departure, though. While she (and Tamal, who really hadn't been there long) hadn't known Asakura long, the others likely did know her a lot better. She hoped they would be okay, considering how sudden it all was.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  3. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,941.4
    Conference Room Robin grimaced a little. Despite what had happened just now, he knew Robyn wouldn't have wanted this meeting to go to waste. Everyone was taking time out of their school week to meet up today, and they had a deadline to meet!

"First off, let's decide on a venue. I know Robyn had to go through a few processes to secure one, so we can't take too long. Then we'll have to decide on each of our playlists, and that may take time. We'll need to have the venue secured and knowing what each of our performances will be too," Robin said, outlining the meeting today. From the way he spoke, it may as well have been Robyn who was speaking through Robin. "Any suggestions? We already used the school last time, so we could always try someplace else."

School Gate Robyn ended up going to the washroom to wash her face but went to the school gate after. She wasn't feeling great at all. The impact of Tala-chan leaving was distracting her. Not only that, but she grew worried for the rest of the club. This wasn't as bad as the past year (when everyone's lives were at stake, and Robin's), but the effect was still there. While she was happy for Tala, the sudden departure had left Robyn feeling empty, as if she was sad. After all, the club had only been in effect for only two or so months.

She really was taking this dramatically, wasn't she? Not only that, Robyn was also silently crying outside on her own.

4. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,941.8
    @122 Generation

Maya set aside her worries about Robyn long enough to focus on the meeting. "Would one of the community theaters be too big at this stage?"

5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,662.3
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Uh, kinda? I was actually referring to the day Nora was born in-universe because an only child (in this case, Kai) would lose their "only child" status as soon as their baby sibling (in this case, Nora) was born. Also, thanks y'all.)

As much as Kai was worried about Robyn while still having Nora in his embrace, both girls probably would need some time to cool themselves down. In Nora's case, this would be until she let go of his hug. So Kai decided to shift his focus to the meeting at hand (which, by the way, Robin had been carrying out like how Robyn would in her better days). "Outside of school, huh?" he mused while thinking of any potential places for it. "If not Marth Stadium, maybe Amatsu Park?"

6. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,941.4
    (Ah... and I was thinking out-of-universe ;) - Also, by coincidence I've uploaded the 12/24 chapter - same time as Christmas!)

Robin was slightly amused that Kai was giving input despite his sister still holding onto him (Robin would have done the same for Robyn but for the club meeting and privacy). "Either will work, although each has its upsides and downsides," he replied. "Amatsu Park will take more time to set up and there isn't a lot of seating. Marth Stadium has a lot more designated seats but may be tough to secure. Totally up to the application process, of course, but we do have a preference?"

While the meeting was going on, Robyn was still outside trying to calm down. She probably needed more time.

WavePearl likes this.
  7. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    "If that's the case, I'd say we should apply for the stadium, but keep the park as a backup," Alex responded. "If Amatsu Park isn't designed for large-scale performances, it could be a pretty big setback considering the performance is in only a week."

Tamal shrugged. "We could also try out-of-town locations, so long as everyone's willing to travel? Not that I know many. I just got here."

WavePearl likes this.
  8. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,941.4
    "Sure, we can do that," Robin said, agreeing with Alex. "I'll see that Robyn gets to applying for the venue in due time. True, Amatsu Park may be better suited for casual performances, but maybe not formal ones like this. Otherwise, the only other place I could realistically think we could apply for would be Gartenstadt Station. But that may take time."

He turned to the rest of the club. "Let's get our performances prepared. We can submit them to Robyn like the last time and she'll plan everything out. If there are any duos or group songs, I think we should discuss them now. Else, we could brainstorm for the time being..."

Then Robin helped himself to Robyn's guitar to play a tune as he thought about what he could be performing. Collaborations were possible, as well as solo performances.

9. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,662.3
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    By then Nora let herself go from her brother's hug as soon as she felt better. Looking around, Robyn wasn't there and seems like Robin was taking up her mantle for now. But since Nora didn't have anything to say, she kept quiet while listening to both the discussion and Robin's jam session.

As soon as his fellow third-year was done, Kai chimed in, "Y'know what, I got some fun songs here." He immediately opened Ebuto on his phone and made his way to the songs in question:

This, in turn, perked Nora up as soon as she recognized the tune. "Wait a minute, I don't even know Turkish March has lyrics," her remark earned a good laugh from Kai. "Not the OG one, at least," he corrected his sister considering her musical background. And to the rest of the club, he asked, "Anyone up for any of these? I can go either way."

122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,941.8
    @SAF @122 Generation

Maya grinned at the video of "Owata!" She had seen that a hundred times on Ebuto when she was younger, and it was as funny now as it was then.

As for her next performance, she was considering a slower synthpop song, but another Vivid Angel Squad song was nice to have in her back pocket if she truly couldn't think of anything.

11. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,941.4
    Like Maya, Robin also grinned at the video. No matter where he went, Uta-loid tunes like those of Hatsune Miku were inescapable. It was very catchy and fun (on top of the slightly out-of-tune parts)! And it kind of carried the humourous air that Kai carried in his dramatic scene in the first performance. "Are you going to do a little more acting too? Like for the speaking lines?" he asked. "I'm sure that could lift everyone's mood."

In the back of his mind, Robin was also considering playing a few more pop songs or even dancing to one or two. He made sure to make notes with regard to planning out the event. He could even envision Tamal or Alexa having fun with this song - but of course they probably had their own performances in line.

"One more thing, any ideas for a group song for the ending? I think Robyn might have an idea or two, but maybe the rest of us might have something," he added. In another part of his mind, he secretly thought that Robyn's 'ideas' may as well be his own, but it may as well be coincidence.

It had taken a while for Robyn to calm down and it didn't help that the school shop had run out of melon pan. Given her belongings were still in the conference room, she went back. It was when she arrived that she saw Robin leading the club meeting. When Robin noticed her at the door, he quietly excused himself to hand Robyn her belongings as well as the melon pan. Then Robin assured he would take her guitar home before he went back to administer the meeting.

(Debating whether to have an outsider snap a picture of the siblings hugging and then turning it into something scandalous by snapping pictures of the others together out of context >:D)

12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,662.3
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Hmm..." Kai was considering it at first, but he still had his doubts. "For the Tsumanne one, I'll need someone for the backing vocal and another someone for the impatient friend's part. The second one will need to sing quickly too," he explained. "But for the Owata one... I think I can solo that. Just wanna see if anyone else wanna chip in."

And then before either sibling could suggest anything for the ending song, Robin went out for awhile with Robyn's belongings in tow. Having figured that it must be Robyn who was outside, Nora half-quietly asked as soon as Robin's back, "Say, is Robyn-senpai okay?"

13. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,941.4
    Conference Room Robin wasn't surprised that Nora had figured out that it was Robyn who was just there. He quietly said to Nora, "I don't know how okay she is. She may need a moment to settle." He quickly addressed Kai's concerns. "Whelp, I could have a word with Robyn if she's in the mood. Else..." he looked at Alexa and Tamal, "there are other options." That went without saying that Robin was amused by the Uta-loid songs that he might have a crack at it. He even sent Robyn a text message asking if she'd like to perform together if she wasn't in the mood for a solo.

Not wanting to brush of Nora's concerns either, he added, "I still wished there was something we could do to cheer Robyn up, though."

Quite separately, he wasn't used to hearing being called 'senpai', let alone hearing Robyn being called that. He could only imagine Robyn thinking in her mind 'Huh? I'm a senpai now? I see...' (which caused Robin to smile to himself).

Ylisse Street Robyn continued munching on her melon pan as she made her way home. Tala's departure still weighed on her mind and the impact was still there. She shook her head. She had faced much worse than this! As she waited to cross the street, Robyn received the message from Robin stating his concern for her and if she wanted to continue performing. On top of that, he even noted that Nora-chan was concerned for her too, and if she (Robyn) needed support, the club would be there for her - as was Robin.

14. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    "To address Kai's concerns, I could try the backing vocals, but I definitely can't sing that high for so long," Alex shrugged. "If it were pitched down an octave, I think I would be able to make it. But again, we should ask Robyn if she wants a part, too."

"And if nobody else wants to, I can take the fast part!" Tamal chimed in.

"As for the ending songs, I have a thought or two - but I think they could also just be regular performances," Alexa finished. "Though as Robyn's our leader, I'd say she could get priority when it comes to those huge numbers. That aside," she gestured to the other three, "you guys have any thoughts?"

WavePearl likes this.
  15. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,941.8
  16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,662.3
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (I mean, everyone else in the club are technically Nora's senpai, so yeah.)

Cue relief on Kai's part when Alex and Tamal offered to take part in his planned song. "Y'know what, I'm thinking of pitching the whole song down anyway. Or maybe some parts, just in case," he addressed Alexa's concern. By "just in case", it could range from Tamal somehow being able to reach his part as is to someone else wanting a part of the song in Alexa's and/or Tamal's stead. "And Tamal," he turned to the second-year boy. "Can you do a little acting? The snappy friend's part has some speaking lines too."

Speaking of the group song, Nora was reminded of that one song Kai had been listening to since after midterms back home. "Dunno if it's good enough for a group song, but..." she still had her doubt as she searched for the song in question on her own phone. "...will this do?"

122 Generation likes this.
  17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,941.4
    (That's very true since Nora is the only first year. Just that if I recall correctly, Robyn has never been called senpai in her life, so I imagined her reaction would be as dramatic as this :) :

"I suppose that is an option," Robin replied to Nora. He recognised that tune from a certain pair of school idols in another country... Krakenburg High School, was it called? That got Robin thinking if the next performance might even get that school's attention. Why, maybe Robyn would even like that. Knowing, Robyn, she might even want to do a solo, so he wrote out in his notebook the list of performances, including a potential spot for Robyn.

If nothing else, Robin decided to invite Robyn to perform with him if she wasn't up for it. In the next moment, Robyn replied that she wasn't sure and would have to think it over. Also, neither was she sure if she had the will to perform.

What Robin wrote 1. Kai - with Alex and Tamal
    2. Robin - with Robyn?
    3. Robyn? - solo?
    7. Group?
    (Spots for the others are still available)

18. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,941.8
    @122 Generation

(Maya's not sure what she wishes to perform just yet...)

19. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    "I think I have a suggestion for the finale piece, but my main issue is that it contains six performers rather than seven. I guess maybe if we incorporate an instrumentalist? There is guitar and piano both present in the song, though in official performances they do use a keyboardist to simulate many instruments." Alex spoke up, pulling up a song from a historical-parody musical - something that seemed to fit Kai and Nora's tastes, hopefully. Compared to Nora's pick, it was a lot more upbeat - so in the end it was down to the desired tone and desired outreach, if they wanted to try a song from another school.

Link:
    (There's a comment by someone down there that has all the lyrics, so I'm just going to go with the official recording here.)

Looking at the list of performance they had, Alex soon noticed would be difficult to balance a spot for seven performers with six slots - and everyone's stage presences at that. Nora didn't have a spot just yet, and neither did Maya, which meant that Alex had to be careful about their own stage timing that they didn't take up too much - a second duo number would probably be the safest.

After all, Tamal also had yet to make his proper debut. Judging by how quickly he'd improvised their duo "Polygonal" last meeting, he'd probably want her at least in the background of his solo, so she could leave her ideas for later. As for the boy himself, he remained quiet for now - he could present his song later, too.

Though, at the moment, he also had Kai's question to answer, which he took overexaggerated offense to.

"Can I?!" He dropped the tone a moment later. "Yes. Yes I probably can."

#919 Dec 26, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
    122 Generation likes this.
  20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,941.8
    @ChocoChicken @122 Generation @SAF

"To be perfectly honest, I don't know what I'm gonna play just yet." Maya admitted. "I DO want to show I know more than just Vivid Angel Squad songs--although I have another one of those in my back pocket if I really can't think of something...