1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Iris-shi High School Talent (Idol) Club! (IC)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 14, 2022.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Amid the lightsticks flicking to the beat, Robin made sure follow in tune with Tamal and with his guitar. Robin's voice kicked in amid his rhythmic strumming of the guitar. This was definitely all Tamal here - as it was his debut! How would the crowd react to a new face in the club? Hopefully it was positive.

Nothing is holding me back now
    No one can push me around
    What do I wanna be?
    I'm the master of me
    And isn't the thought enough to lift me off of the ground?

From the back, Robyn watched with anticipating eyes. She kind of felt guilty that everyone had been practicing for their performances while she spent the past while being miserable. Well, she was welcomed back, which was enough for her (and not new to her - she faced similar last term!)

(It occurred to me: did we ever clarify Tamal's voice? If he is above tenor, he would be an alto - same as Alexa)

2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    (I think I mentioned, but he is a tenor. A tenor with a capacity for a higher range, but still a tenor nonetheless.)

Alex's piano chords punctuated the song as well when Robin's verse came in, not even sneaking a glance on the other performers or the crowd as she kept her eyes on the keys. Tamal on the other hand kept moving around the stage, keeping the audience hyped as he turned to face the crowd, his fellow performers, and so on.

We could be independent together
    Independent together if we try
    Independent together, independent together
    Independent together, you and I

"Iris-Shi! How are you doing?" Tamal's announcement a little into the instrumental section garnered roars from the crowd. He kept hyping the crowd further as the Robin's guitar echoed throughout the stadium. "This is Rising Star Cappella talking! Ch1ptune on piano, Reflet on guitar! Come on- give 'em a hand!"

Of course, though his announcements were loud, he had to be careful not to overdo it - they were only halfway through. Another round of the stage and he had the audience clapping along to the beat as the quicker notes and last four bars of the guitar solo faded out, then he returned to center stage, hands clasped to his chest and eyes closed for their bridge.

High above an endless sea
    No one brought us here but me
    Every step and every choice
    It's my thoughts, it's my fault, it's my words, it's my choice

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    122 Generation, WavePearl and SAF like this.
  3. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Even though Nora had started munching her melon pan earlier, her brother ate much quicker than her, so they both ended up finishing their snacks at the same time. It was now Kai's turn to nab a bottle of water from Nora's bag (she had more, don't worry) and drank it a little bit. Considering it would be his turn after this one, the brunet made sure his microphone and earpiece were in position and took the pillow his sister had brought from home into his arms.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Robyn giggled. The way Tamal introduced himself was unexpected to her and she thought no one else in the club would speak on stage like that. Tamal must have a lot of guts, didn't he? Tamal's introduction was followed by cheers. That, and Robyn's short instrumental was followed by Tamal's singing. Then it was Robin's turn to sing.

Independent together
    Independent together if we try

For Robyn, it felt very different to have them up on stage and being introduced with their stage names. It felt weird, but also right. To keep herself occupied, Robyn also watched the stream on Ebuto and munched on her melon pan. Like Nora, she finished the melon pan eventually. As much as Robyn wanted to enjoy it slowly, she couldn't. If food caught caught in her throat, that would be bad.

5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Like Robyn, Kai briefly took a sneak peek at the livestream on his own phone, just enough to see Tamal's current position on the stage. He needed to know due to the script choreo demanding the two boys to not meet until the "My friend waits in the coffee shop around the station getting angry" part. That would be about 3/4 of the way through the song. He then muted the phone and pocketed it because it would be used as a prop too.

6. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Independent together
    Independent together, we can fly

As they launched into the last chorus, Tamal made sure to keep the energy going - not just for the crowd, but for the performers as well. Barely staying in the same spot for more than a few seconds, he almost commanded attention on the stage, moving it just the way he wanted, finally ending at the between point of his two backup musicians for the last line.

Tamal remained there, a smile on his face and one hand pointed skywards as the last chords and notes faded out, and the song ended.

WavePearl likes this.
  7. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    @SAF @ChocoChicken @WavePearl

While the crowds cheered and applauded, Robyn couldn't stop herself from laughing at Tamal. The way Tamal pulled this off was as dramatic as it was cheesy. How was that for a debut performance? It had an effect, for sure! Tamal was certainly a welcome addition to the club. On top of that, Robyn appreciated the fact that the stadium stands were more than half-full. She wondered if it was more than just Iris-shi locals who were attending.

After Robin waved to the crowd, he removed his guitar from himself and made a walk to backstage. He exchanged smiles with Robyn but didn't say anything. Meanwhile, on the stage, the purple that was initially there had faded to blue. The same blue that Kai used. In fact, the blue dominated much of the backdrop and the chartreuse and cyan remained.

WavePearl likes this.
  8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★

Unlike last time where Kai actually played his piano, he opted to give more emphasis on acting this time, so the music used would be a karaoke version of the actual song. He entered the stage with steps matching the beat drop, all while hugging the pillow. And once the timing was right, he began to sing.

"Asa okita" (I get up in the morning)
    "Nebou shita" (I overslept)
    "Isoide dekakeru ki ga shinai" (Don't think I'm going out in a hurry)

He kept hugging his pillow throughout this first part to keep up with the "I overslept and don't wanna wake up yet" vibe.

(@ChocoChicken Lyrics and translation included in the video. Feel free to skip some parts of the song~

31/1 edit: Changed the video because the previous one (with subtitles and all) was taken down. How unfortunate.)

#988 Jan 9, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  9. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Mandokuse mandokuse (So bothersome, so bothersome)
    Mandokuse'ttara mandokuse (So bothersome and so bothersome)

Alex joined in with an echo of Kai's words, her own voice scattered in phrases throughout his own singing.

Nani mo suru ki ga okinai yo (I don't wanna do anything)
    Ima wa nonbiri netetai yo (I wanna sleep peacefully now)
    Tomodachi kara denwa ga kita (Yet I got a call from my friend)
    Kyou wa yakusoku shitetakke (Did I promise him for today?)

Though her voice was melodic when it came to the pitched-down notes, she couldn't quite replicate the lilting tone of the Utaloid singing it. For now something more akin to Maya or other acoustic singers' tones would have to do with her range.

Moshimoshi! Omae ima doko'inda yo?! Mou tsuiten'dakedo! (Hello! Where're you now?! I've already arrived!)
    And on cue, Tamal strode back on stage, gesturing wildly with one hand and a faux-irritated tone, spitting his lyrics out at nigh incomprehensible speeds.

122 Generation likes this.
  10. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @ChocoChicken

The next bit of the song was the phone call scene that was kickstarted by a ringing sound (or was it a vibrating phone noise?) in the background. Kai picked his phone-prop up with a "Hai, moshimoshi?" (Yeah, hello?) like he would with an actual phone call only to yelp at Tamal's "Moshimoshi! Omae ima doko'inda yo?! Mou tsuiten'dakedo!" (Hello! Where're you now?! I've already arrived!) and stutter in response. Sure, his stuttering was a part of the script, but Kai still had to act the part like he would in a theatrical play. That's including him unceremoniously tossing his pillow aside at the end of the phone call scene.

Moving on to the next part, Big Han-san began to sing with his steps matching with the beats. If Alex did her part right, this is what the audience would hear:

"Isoide shitaku suru" (I got dressed quickly)
    "Kao mo arawanakucha" (Gotta wash my face too)
    "Dansui sarete ita" (The water supply is cut off)
    "Tsuki ichido no tenken" (It's checking once a month)
    "Eki tsuita, densha kita" (I arrived at the station, the train came)
    "Kaisatsu kuguro to omottara" (When I passed through ticket gates)
    "Chaaji kingaku ga tarimasen" ("Please recharge your rail pass card")

"Owata, tomodachi kara denwa ga kita" (It's over, got a call from my friend)
    "Owata, hayaku koi to okorareta" (It's over, he told me to hurry up already)
    "Tsuman'ne, keitai no dengen o kiru" (So boring, I turned off my phone)
    "Tsuman'ne, tsugi no densha made jippun" (So boring, I have to wait 10 minutes until the next train comes)

And then the music became much more upbeat. A chartreuse spotlight shone on Tamal as the blue one dimmed, thus indicating the second-year brunet's time to shine.

(And yes, I'm using Polygonal's lighting colors for their text colors. :thumbsup:)

#990 Jan 13, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    (Oop, sorry bout that cue, you want me to edit my posts so they're in order?)

Tonikaku aitsu ga okurete kuru kara atashi wa jikan o tsubushite matou (Anyway, I'll fill the time and wait because he's late)
    Tachi'yomi shiyou to omotte chikaku no hon'ya ni mukauto teikyuubi (When I headed to a nearby bookstore to browse, it was closed)
    Ekimae konbini haitte zasshi o yomou to te ni totte akeyou to shita keredomo (Went to the convenience store near the station and tried to read a magazine)
    Fukuro tsume sarete nakami ga yomenai jikan ga tsubusenai (But it's packaged so I couldn't read it to pass time)

Tamal ended that string of frustrated lyrics with a mock screech, mimicking what probably went on in Alex's head when class got disrupted for one reason or another, or maybe Kai or Nora seeing their instrument type being performed entirely wrong, animated or otherwise. But once his turn in the spotlight was out, he stepped back a little - mostly metaphorically - for Kai to take the lead again.

SAF and WavePearl like this.
  12. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    @SAF @ChocoChicken @WavePearl

Although Robyn was watching the livestream, she tried her best not to burst out laughing from the performance so far. She wasn't alone: the audience in Marth Stadium could be heard trying not to laugh either. This is even more entertaining than watching on a video by the Uta-loids. Rather, the live performance was really something else!

First it was Kai using the pillow prop ("Oh so that's why he has a pillow..." Robyn said to herself). Then Alex and Tamal chiming in (Kai's stuttering really set everyone else laughing). Then the upbeat tune came followed by the chartreuse spotlight and Tamal's blabbering caused everyone to laugh. Even Robyn was finding it difficult to control herself. Where did Tamal learn to talk like that? He was a smooth talker from the sound of it!

#992 Jan 14, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
  13. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @ChocoChicken

A blue spotlight shone on Kai as soon as Tamal finished his screeching and the music slowed down again. The giggles (that eventually evolved into a burst of laughter) from the audience filled Kai with delight as he took the lead once again.

"Owata, yuusen seki de nemurikomu" (It's over, I fell asleep in the priority seat)
    "Owata, futo okitara oriru eki" (It's over, I just woke up and noticed this is my stop)
    "Tsuman'ne, tobira ga me no mae de shimatta" (So boring, the door closed right in front of me)
    "Tsuman'ne, moto no seki wa suwarareta" (So boring, someone else took my previous seat)

"Machiawase basho tsuita" (I arrived at the meeting place)
    "Keitai dengen irete mita" (And turned on my phone)
    "Tomodachi kara meeru ga sanken" (Got 3 mails from my friend)
    "Supamu meeru wa sanjuuken" (And 30 spam mails too)
    "Ekimae no kissaten tomodachi okotte matte ita" (My friend's waiting in the coffee shop near the station, getting angry)
    "Keeki ogotte sanbyaku en" (I paid 300 yen for his cake)
    "Chikoku no daishou puraisuresu" (The compensation for my lateness: priceless)

Soon, Kai perked up upon seeing Tamal getting closer and ran up to him while Alex was singing. If everything went well, the boys should meet at the center of the stage by the end of this segment.

"Gome~n, matta?" (Sorry, did you wait?)

#993 Jan 14, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
  14. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    N-n, ima kita toko'tte... AHO!!! (Nuh-uh, I just got here... YOU DUNCE!!!) Tamal made sure to keep the energy going, especially with his own body language - slumping then immediately straightening for the insult.

Mokutekichi e isogu (We hurry to the destination)
    Oohaba taimurosu (We greatly lost time)
    Ibento yattenai (The event hasn't been held there)
    Hitori mo miataranai (Nobody's around)
    Nande darou? (What happened?)
    Nande darou? (What happened?)
    Hizuke o kakunin shite mitara (When we checked the date,)
    Machi'awase no hi o machigaeta (Turned out we got the date wrong)

The three of them proceeded onto the alternating lines that made up the next verse, with Alex mostly remaining behind the piano for her few lines, while continuing the choreography as Kai had planned it.

Owata, nan'no tame ni koko made kita (It's over, why did we even come here?)
    Owata, yukiba no nai kono ikari (It's over, it's the unfocused anger)

15. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    @122 Generation

Backstage, Maya was trying oh-so-hard not to laugh at what was going on onstage. This is hilarious! I wouldn't be surprised if this part of the show goes viral!

16. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    Like Maya, Robyn had to cover her mouth with both hands to keep herself from bursting to fits of laughter. She even had to turn off her phone and the livestream (which was already filling with comments) to keep herself from dropping it. Tamal, in particular, must be making a bigger impression on the stage than anyone had thought (and in Marth Stadium, no less).

17. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @ChocoChicken @122 Generation @WavePearl

Yep, Kai jerked at the insult part, though he quickly pulled himself together just enough to continue the song. The three of them proceeded onto the alternating lines that made up the next verse, with Kai doing his best to keep up with the farce since it would've been a facepalm-worthy moment had it happened in reality.

"Tsuman'ne, nan'no tame ni koko made kita" (So boring, why did we even come here?)
    "Tsuman'ne, tohou ni kureru yuujin" (So boring, my friend's at a loss on what to do)

"Ru~ ru~" (Lu~ lu~)
    "Hitotsu dake manan da" (The only one thing I learned)
    "Ra ra ra ra ra~ ra" (La la la la la~ la)

It was then joined by Tamal until the end of the song:

"Ru~ ru~" (Lu~ lu~)
    Chaaji wa chanto shiyo (It's to charge (the rail card) properly)
    "Ra ra ra ra ra~ ra ra~" (La la la la la~ la la~)
    "O ra~ o ra~ o ra~ o ra~ o ra~ ra~" (O la~ o la~ o la~ o la~ o la~ la~)
    "O-wa-ta" (It's o-ver)

Nora, meanwhile, ended up having a giggle fit in the backstage while watching the livestream herself, much like Maya and Robyn did.

(Fun fact: This text colour (#76c878) is Kai's and Tamal's stage colours mixed in one, signifying the two singing together.)

#997 Jan 14, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
    122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  18. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,448.8
    (Nice touch with the colour blend)

After the song ended, Robyn joined Nora by releasing the laughter she had been holding back for the duration of the song. It was as if Kai, Alex, and Tamal were all going through a stage of crisis or something. Yes, it was a facepalm-worthy moment had this been in reality (but granted, finals were coming up!). Beside Robyn, Robin was all smiles seeing that Robyn was back in higher spirits. He too was watching the livestream and like Robyn had laughed.

Of course, the audience gathered at Marth Stadium was no exception.

WavePearl likes this.
  19. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Alex mentally - and physically once she was offstage - breathed a sigh of relief as that song came to an end and she headed backstage, the lights changing for the Reflet duet. Acting was not her strong suit, so it was a good thing she'd mostly been relegated to the background.

Tamal on the other hand remained a lot more cheerful, even as he followed her offstage. He'd definitely need water once he got there - two songs in a row wasn't the worst he'd ever done, but it was a good thing they could now rest for the next three in a row.

122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,721.2
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Like Tamal, Kai was all smiles as he reclaimed his pillow and went offstage with it. All he needed for now were a gulp of water or two and a quick change into his Diamond Prince outfit to match with Nora's Pearl Princess and Maya's Phoenix... something (what's the name again?) coords.

@122 Generation

Meanwhile, the stage lights were now changed to electric yellow and Plegia purple (idk which one's more dominant) to signify both Robyins' stage time. "Reflet" was now replacing "Big Han-san ft. Polygonal" on the display monitor as well.