1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Iris-shi High School Talent (Idol) Club! (IC)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 14, 2022.

1. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,941.8
    @122 Generation

Maya, meanwhile, was rocking out to Ly/reed's newest song--"Peaky Peaky". This is a great song! Wonder if I could somehow make it work in an acoustic setting?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    122 Generation likes this.
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,243.9
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    "Maybe," Alex responded. "Or maybe we gave it away that something was off when we hurried backstage, right before Robyn's impromptu performance. It was a longer than normal dimmed-lights period. Besides, it sounds like that commenter might know quite a bit about a violin-"

"Ehhh, does it really matter?" Tamal shrugged. "People will make conspiracies out of anything. I've heard of people talking about how birds aren't real."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    WavePearl likes this.
  3. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,957.2
    @SAF @WavePearl @ChocoChicken

Robyn chuckled at Nora as the Hansen siblings got themselves settled in. She ate another chunk from her skewer and swallowed first. "Maybe someone knows too much... It could simply be someone who has a good eye for violin strings as Alexa-chan put it, unless if it's someone who knows Nora-chan, or maybe even a diehard fan. Who knows? Let's take it as a lesson learned: check your instruments before they may snap! I suppose just in case for next time, we'll have a backup performance in case.

"That said, I think my backup performance went well. Although I probably can't count on doing it right when I've been feeling low just before the performance." Looking at Maya, Robyn could tell she was in the mood to perform at the next concert... wherever that would be."

She turned to Tamal. "There are people like that who don't believe birds are real? They should meet Minerva."

7/3 Wednesday: After School; Ylisstol High School, Foyer

Speaking of Minerva, the crow had cawed at a pair of visitors who wanted to check out the Ylisstol High School Talent/Idol Club. Accordingly, Cherche, Virion, Olivia, and Gaius could not let them in. The school magazine was already trying to gain entry, so this was no exception.

(Namely Kamui and Meru, but they shall appear soon after)

WavePearl likes this.
  4. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,662.3
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Conference room "Per...haps?" Nora tilted her head at Alexa's wild guess. "I mean, I don't remember uploading violin tutorials as 9thchild..." her voice trailed off as she tried to recall everything she'd uploaded in her own Ebuto channel. "But still, I don't think even the most hardcore fan would study violin theories just to--"

But then a caw from outside interrupted Kai's comment. Both siblings turned to the door, wondering what that was about...

Foyer Meanwhile, there's Meru who was taking her white-haired friend from before (in a Shirasagi High uniform this time) to check out the Ylisstol High School Talent/Idol Club at the latter's insistence. The former's wild guess led them to the conference room only to find four people and a crow at the doorway. "Uh, Kamui-chan," Meru whispered to the whitehead. "I think we came at a bad time..."

#1104 Feb 21, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2023
  5. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,941.8
    @SAF

The crow's caw spurred Maya to stop her portable CD player. What's going on?

6. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,957.2
    If there was more time to elaborate on Nora's violin strings, Robyn would have taken it. But even Robyn was forced to look at the direction of the door. "What is going on out there...?" she said, amid the cawing from Minerva.

@SAF @WavePearl @ChocoChicken

7/3 Wednesday: After School; Ylisstol High School, Foyer

The Shirasagi High School student known as Kamui could barely contain her excitement when she glimpsed at the inside of the conference room. "Aw, Meru, I think we came at a good time! They're actually here! The school idols!" Kamui said with clenched fists. When the crow cawed, Kamui became even more intrigued. "Ooh, interesting that they have a crow watching over the doorway too. Hello there!" Kamui patted the crow's head, which seemed to calm down the crow.

Olivia hesitantly raised her hands to block Kamui from entering. "Um... You can't actually go in yet."

"Why not? I wanna see," Kamui replied. She turned to Meru. "How about it? Want to see the school idols?"

Gaius facepalmed. It was as if the white-haired girl hadn't registered what Olivia just said. Was this girl some kind of diehard fan?

ChocoChicken likes this.
  7. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Tala decided to write a letter, it has been awhile since she saw them and was hoping to they will remember her. She couldn't do it sooner,

Hey all,

How are you all doing, I hope the club is doing great. I miss you all
    We uh didn't find my brother yet. Some leads are dead and my parents
    start getting annoyed. My new school, isn't as fun as my old school,
    I mean they all wanna be friends, like if I say something they all agree.
    Missing the way, they go against me. And that I actually need to do something about it.
    Anyway. I miss you all. And maybe I can um come to visit someday. if you all want of course
    *Chuckles* so have a nice day

Greetings and love Tala

She sighed looking over the letter again and send it off to the mailbox

8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,662.3
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @122 Generation @WavePearl (@ChocoChicken I'll wait for Alexa's and/or Tamal's reaction(s) to whatever's happening outside before I move on with the Hansens' part.)

Like Gaius, Meru was not amused either. Kamui here knew no shame, it seems. "Oh, please. I could've let them know if you told me sooner, you know," the blonde girl suggested. Specifically, had Kamui told her about this beforehand (she didn't btw), Meru could've contacted either Hansens to hopefully set up a mini meet-up or something. And naturally, said Hansen would've needed to consult with their club leader too. Plus, we need to give 'em a break. There's the finals too here.

9. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,243.9
    "Was that some sort of security alarm?" Tamal started. "Huh. Maybe those people who think birds are actually drones are on to something."

Alex on the other hand could hear, at least, some people muttering. She braced herself somewhat for anyone coming in - maybe that crow, Minerva was it, would be able to scare them off at least. Robyn had set them up as guards, of course.

WavePearl likes this.
  10. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,957.2
    (I think if Minerva had heard that, she would peck Tamal's head to no end ;) Also @Pirate Captain let's see when Robyn will pick up the letter... I tag you when that's mentioned)

@SAF
    Foyer But unfortunately for the blonde, it seemed like Kamui hadn't registered her offer of contacting the Hansens. Maybe Kamui seriously overlooked that, or maybe she was just too excited to see the club itself. It was, after all, her purpose for coming here in the first place.

The result was Kamui pushing her way through - with force, by the way - Gaius and Olivia. There was a scuffle and a commotion, and Kamui didn't seem the least bit intimidated by Minerva the crow. It had gotten so bad that even Cherche and Virion got pushed, and then Minerva's caws became squawks of panic.

@ChocoChicken @WavePearl
    Conference Room It was a good thing that Alex had braced herself for what was to come into the conference room, because the door opened with a bang (like, dramatic-Tamal-style) and a number of bodies fell through onto the floor beyond. There were the four Shepherds, plus Minerva, piled together, with Kamui on top. Minerva cawed again, kind of in pain as she was squished by Virion's arm.

The scene forced Robyn to stare. What was happening?! There was a white-haired girl who Robyn did not recognise. Also, she was wearing a school uniform that was definitely neither from Ylisstol High or Plegia City. A visitor, maybe? And hadn't Robyn seen that uniform before?

Then the girl (in the not-local uniform) looked up from where she was, as she was on top of everyone. "Oh... h-hi," she said sheepishly.

Pirate Captain likes this.
  11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,662.3
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Oh? Post #1111? Noice. :D)

Even Meru's attempt to pull Kamui from behind (in addition to the Shepherds' attempt to block the way) was all for naught due to the latter's sheer persistence. Apparently Meru was not strong enough to do so because now she ended up squishing Kamui and had to roll over before she (and the other people) could even stand up.

And yes, all the scuffle that ensued caught both Hansens off guard. Kai, for one, immediately stood up and pulled the second white-haired girl off Robyn's friends. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" the older Hansen asked in a low but deep voice and with a piercing gaze.

Nora, meanwhile, shakily helped Robyn's friends to get back on their feet.

(Friendly reminder: Nora is currently wearing her hair in a low twin tails instead of the single ponytail of her "violinist mode".)

12. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,243.9
    Tamal blinked at the newcomers. Well, if that scene wasn't at least a little familiar to him. Unlike the Hansens, he shrugged off the madness - probably since he was so often on the other side of this chaos. "Kai, it's all right. It's not like they're stalkers trying to leak our home addresses or something! Unless they are, in which case we can't let them leave alive, but we'll get to that when we get to that!"

He then turned to the new students, the cheerful smile and tone never leaving. "Hi, this is the local Iris-Shi Talent Idol Club! There are probably better ways to contact us! Hey Robyn, do we have agents? Maybe we should have agents. Even if they're just students."

Alex on the other hand rushed immediately to free Minerva. Birds were more fragile than humans, weren't they? And... more flighty?

Maybe the crow had wanted to protect her owner - she'd heard of corvids displaying particularly intelligent behavior, and this one seemed plenty smart enough to know how to get attention. Though this certainly wasn't the type of attention anyone would've wanted, except... no, surely even Tamal would find this situation irritating over time. Once Minerva was free, the rest of the group came next, of course.

13. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,957.2
    (We've hit a milestone!)

@ChocoChicken @WavePearl

Despite Kai attempting to pierce Kamui with his eyes, the girl only smiled back with innocent-looking eyes. “Hi, uh…would you believe that I wanted to find out what your club activities are like? I’m Kamui, by the way! I’m from Byakuya-shi.” On that remark from Tamal, Kamui added, “I’m not here to leak your home addresses. Positive!” Like, Tamal wasn’t serious about not letting her or Meru leave alive, right?

Robyn smiled awkwardly. Whelp, as if the Shirasagi uniform that this girl wore could not have made it obvious. Even then, it was still kind of amusing to make this kind of chaotic introduction by falling in a single pile. “I don’t think the club has ever considered getting agents. Scouting has never been my strong side, and the club isn’t that big…” Robyn added while looking down at the floor.

Once Minerva was free, the crow happily pecked Alex’s hand before flying back to Cherche (who needed to be helped on her feet by Virion). To anyone, it appeared strange that this crow was quite dedicated to Cherche.

Kamui’s eyes radiated that of an enthusiastic fangirl. “But, Naga, this really is the Iris-shi high school idol club I’ve heard of!” Then she turned to Meru. “This is so cool!”

14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,941.8
    @122 Generation

(Onward to #2222!)

Maya smiled at the newcomers from other schools. Did they just want to visit? Do an interview for their school's paper about the club? Did they have a similar club at their school, and wanted to do a collab? The possibilities were endless in Maya's mind.

15. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,662.3
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @122 Generation @WavePearl @ChocoChicken (Sorry for the delay, guys. Braincells gone wacky again. :sweat:)

"For the love of..." Meru sighed at her old friend's antics. Deep down she wished that Kaze (or even better, Kamui's big sis -- Hinoka) would've accompanied Kamui in the first place. "Sorry about that, everyone. Kamui-chan here can be a bit too much to handle," Meru then fervently apologized to everyone present. Her voice somehow got the Hansens' attention -- they'd been her friends, after all. "Uh... Meru-senpai?" Nora tilted her head, clearly not expecting her singing mentor to come to the club meeting with a friend from another school in tow. "You could've told us you're coming, y'know," Kai suggested only for Meru to retort, "I would if I could -- she didn't tell me she's coming."

#1115 Feb 24, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2023
  16. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,957.2
    @WavePearl @SAF @ChocoChicken
    (Heheh we'll get there to #2222 when we get there... Also, looks like my braincells are getting fried too :sweat: ... I should write more fic to get my brain going)

Robyn sweatdropped at this white-haired girl. She really had no shame, did she? This girl couldn't just barge in! But she wasn't an Ylisstol High student either. Moreover, it seemed like the blonde girl was acquainted with Nora. Small world!

"Nice to meet you, everyone!" the newcomer said while bowing down politely. "I'm Kamui!"

Robyn nodded at her fellow Shepherds to signal everything was okay. Gaius, Virion, Olivia, and Cherche paused for a moment before the four of them began walking out of the conference room ("She must be a fangirl of some sort," Virion remarked as he walked out). Minerva cawed once before she left with Cherche, but not before giving what looked like a death glare to Meru, Kamui, and - if Robyn was imagining it - Tamal. That seemed random.

"Um... nice to meet you, Kamui-san," Robyn greeted, unsure how to go about this. Then to Meru, Robyn added, "Meru-san, was it? So you know our Hansen siblings already, eh?"

"Oh! Robyn-san!" Kamui greeted Robyn, stars inher eyes. "Nice performance, by the way. Really good. Oh, we were just wondering about holding a concert..."

WavePearl likes this.
  17. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 39
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,243.9
    So we have bodyguards, but we don't have agents...? Tamal paused to think. As Minerva gave him a glare, he didn't entirely seem to notice it - and well, he wasn't exactly going to pick a fight with a bird yet. Or "Cherche's security drone".

Alex on the other hand was a bit more interested in what the girl from the other school - Kamui - had to say. "Hold up, a concert? So you are coming here for club business?"

Thank Naga for THAT fact. If she had to deal with one more fangirl, Alex was pretty sure she would have snapped.

18. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,957.2
    (Ahaha if Minerva heard that out loud, she probably would have flown to peck Tamal. I'm already imagining a physical struggle between Minerva and Tamal... with Robyn hoping Minerva doesn't transform back to a wyvern... Also, maybe I should throw in another fangirl later to see something snap inside Alex >:))

Kamui paused, seeing the relieved look on Alex's face. "Um, yes and no? Not that I'm part of a school idol club..." She looked at the other club members. "Shirasagi High School is holding its end-of-term music festival this month and they were thinking of inviting the Ylisstol High School Talent Club (or was it Idol Club?) as guests. You would be amazed how many people in Byakuya-shi tuned in to your livestream the other day. Would you be interested?"

Robyn's eyes lit up. Was this the effect of the club getting popular? Ooh. What if this was a way to increase the reputation of the club? That might be some leverage to get the attention of the Summer Scramble, which wasn't too far off.

WavePearl likes this.
  19. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,662.3
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Yep, both the Kobayashi girl and the younger Hansen nodded at that. This, in turn, drew a smile on Kai's face. "Well, remember our debut? That was our first time singing in forever -- Nora's and mine," he explained to everyone present. "Meru-senpai taught me, and..." Nora chimed in, then half-whispered the next bit, "...if anyone saw the guy who helped me with the keyboard, he taught nii-chan how to sing." And yep, Kai sheepishly nodded at this random fun fact.

And then there's Kamui's offer for a potential concert in Shirasagi High. "S'cuse me, what?" Meru deadpanned. Unless she's imagining things, the blonde could've sworn she saw stars in Robyn's (and the Hansens') eyes.

20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,941.8
    @122 Generation @SAF

Even Maya was surprised at the offer of a concert at another school. If the other school had a similar club, a collab would be amazing, she smiled. If a collab wasn't in the cards, it would at least grow the club's fandom--if you could call it that.