1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Iris-shi High School Talent (Idol) Club! (IC)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 14, 2022.

1. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    @WavePearl

Cordelia gratefully smiled back. "Thanks! Glad you liked it." Now that she had a good look at the clubmates of the school talent/idol club, she chuckled. "Looks like everyone's prepared to play music today! Anyone up for a flash mob?"

Robin held his hand up. "We can save that energy when we get to my home. I live up the hill, so we may need to get a bus to get our equipment up there." He specifically looked at Kai's direction. Honestly, wouldn't it get tiring at some point to carry a keyboard around the whole day? (And indeed, Kai's guess was spot-on, because Robin did not have a keyboard at home).

"Alright, Robin-kun. Suppose we should save our energy, for sure. I think you'll be dancing, right?" Cordelia said, smiling. Then she finished putting away her equipment as well as having taken down her makeshift stage. While Cordelia was in the mood to play more, she figured it could wait until the actual performance that everyone was looking forward to. In addition, she was also there to back up Robyn in case if anyone would possibly catch onto anything suspicious on Robyn. After all, Cordelia knew Robyn's secrets (both the embarrassing one and the truth). Speaking of which, Robyn was as silent as she was nervous.

"I will be dancing, yup," Robin replied. Then he turned to his clubmates. "So, are we ready to go? I'll buy us shioyaki, if anyone is a fan of salmon."

If Cordelia didn't know better (and ironically she did know), she would have thought Robin mirroring exactly how Robyn would have behaved. She held back a chuckle at Robyn who was clutching at her own collar.

2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,137.1
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    "Yeah, let's save hype for the big event! And salmon sounds good, thanks Rob! Can I call you Rob? I guess it would get mixed up with Robyn." Tamal pointed finger guns at Robin with a smile. "As for being ready to go, we are, right Al- hold up."

He paused. Huh, she wasn't there. Was she late? Weird. A yell in the distance snapped him out of it - and turning in that direction Alex could be seen rushing towards the group, bag practically flying behind her at her speed.

"I'm here I'm here I'm here!" she gasped. "I'm so sorry for the delay. Really. I just didn't make the last bus from school."

Truth be told, the bus that had gone before had passed her right by, whilst her head had been busy agonizing about her results. But she wasn't gonna say that, and she hoped Tamal wouldn't figure it out.

The boy in question raised a brow, but just shrugged. "...Yeah, don't worry about it. We're ready to go."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    WavePearl likes this.
  3. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    @ChocoChicken @SAF @WavePearl

Robin tried his best to hold back a giggle or a smile at Alexa's appearance. At least in his opinion, Robyn had gotten so used to having the club gathering together that she had forgotten that Alex hadn't shown up yet. Or maybe it was because of the nervous state that Robyn was in that had caused her to overlook Alexa in the first place.

"At least you've made it, Alexa-san, in one piece no less. You look dizzy. Are you okay?" Robin asked. "Um... If nothing else, we should start heading to my home. It's up the hill, so we'll need to take another bus to get there. But first, let me buy us some shioyaki..."

Robin later walked out of a walk-in kitchen at Goldenrod Square with two boxes of salmon shioyaki. One bigger box was to share between the clubmates, and one smaller box was for Morgan. The smell of salt-grilled salmon wafted faintly in the air from the boxes even though they were sealed. He could only imagine how it would taste later, assuming they hadn't gone cold by then.

Soon enough, Robin led the club to the bus stop outside Goldenrod Square. As they waited for the bus, Robin replied to Tamal, "Well... At best, you can call me Robin-kun. That seems informal enough."

"Or you can call him Currypan-kun," Robyn playfully added.

"Wha...? What about you, Melonpan-chan?" Robin shot back.

Robyn blushed.

7/24 Wednesday: Afternoon; Robin's Residence

It was a good thing the clubmates had taken the shuttle bus to go up the hill, given the amount of equipment they had with them. Personally, Robyn would have preferred to have walked, but there was not enough time. It was more efficient to take the bus, get off at the stop on Ylisse Street that neighboured Robin's home before actually walking to Robin's home.

Robin's home was a humble two-level home where he and Morgan lived together on the upper floor (which had a kitchen and a dinner table in the same room, a living room with a TV and a Mintendo Switch dock, a bathroom, and three bedrooms), whereas the lower floor was unoccupied, save for the entrance where it was possible to remove their shoes before they went up the staircase. But for practical reasons, the club would be gathering on the empty lower floor, where they could practise.

Robyn visibly looked very nervous as she had to pretend that she didn't live here. Yet, she couldn't help worrying that Morgan might have set an enormous stack of tomes waiting to greet whoever walked in first.

"Well, welcome to my home, everyone," Robin said. "Let's set up downstairs, and we can enjoy the shioyaki while we're at it."

"Careful..." Robyn warned, thinking about the tomes.

(Fun fact. I shared this roleplay with my artist friend who suggested designing an outfit for Robyn based on a melon pan)

SAF likes this.
  4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,137.1
    "Curry and Melon it is for nicknames, then," Tamal joked as they entered.

"Tamal, things are different here, just go with what they say," Alex deadpanned. She hung back a little from the others, heeding Robyn's warning.

5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,558.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Both of the Hansen siblings returned Cordelia's greeting -- Nora with a sweet smile and Kai with a rather sheepish one. Why? Because:
    1. Despite being in the same class, Kai and Cordelia never shared courses throughout their third year of high school so far.
    2. Robin was looking at him for bringing the keyboard all the way from home, though the whitehead dude had a point about taking a bus to his home.
    But hey, the aroma of shioyaki was so tempting. It had to wait until the club arrived at their destination, however.

Fast forward to Robin's home, Nora noticed the shadow of a wobbly stack of books looming over her. The first-year brunette tried oh-so-hard to hug both the rental violin and viola in order to protect them...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    122 Generation likes this.
  6. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,842.5
    @122 Generation

The first thing Maya noticed was the hugs stack of books. "Um what are all these?" she asked, trying oh so hard not to cause an avalanche.

7. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9

Robyn followed Robin into his home. "Th-thanks for letting us use your home, Robin," she said nervously, while also reeling from the prospect of Tamal calling her Melon (let alone Melonpan). What was he, the second Gaius?

The disheartening sight of the tower of books was enough to intimidate anyone, so it was a good thing that Maya and Alex heeded Robyn’s warning and to stay away. But not Nora, who was unfortunate enough to be the closest to the stack of tomes. Then the stack itself began to topple on its own in her direction…

“LOOK OUT!” Robyn cried, who then jumped ahead of Nora and took the full hit of tomes (cue the crash afterward). But that didn’t mean that Nora got partially crushed by the tomes, and they were buried in a pile of books right after that.

Robin gasped. "Are you okay?" he said, removing his shoes first before removing the books and stacking them Alexa-style in much smaller piles than the one stack that was here just now.

Cordelia blinked and tried not to chuckle but failed. "I guess Morgan-chan is still at it, eh?" Then she knelt down to help stack the books.

"Yeah... Am I right, Morgan?" Robin said, walking further into the adjacent room on the lower floor and seeing his little sister trying her best to hold in her laughter. "Have you not learned anything since we were in the park?"

"Onii-chan... It was a much smaller stack!" Morgan laughed with balled fists. "Did I get anyone?"

"Yeah, you got your onee-chan and Nora-chan." Robin replied. Then he turned to the clubmates. "Um... You can set up your things in this room here, and help yourselves to the shioyaki. That said, Morgan, I got you some shioyaki, but for this, you're not getting any!" Finally when the pile of books was cleared, he helped Robyn up first, who took the two boxes of shioyaki to the lower floor.

Morgan pouted. "B-b-but onii-chan...!"

Cordelia chuckled as she removed her shoes and walked further into the lower floor, which was sparsely decorated with a coffee table and some sofas arranged around a TV but otherwise empty. There was a great deal of space to set up equipment and also to dance on. As Cordelia went to set up her DJ equipment, Robin continued to stack the tomes in neat piles in an effort to free Nora and Robyn. Not quite as comically piled like the avalanche that was Alexa's books, but there were still a lot of books. Where did Morgan get all these books, anyway?

8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,842.5
    @122 Generation

Maya balked at the pile of books on the floor. She'd heard a crash before asking if it was okay to get a snack, and came in to see what had occurred. So much for getting a snack... she thought as she hurried to help clean up.

#1368 Dec 9, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
  9. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,137.1
    Alex shook her head in staunch disapproval. Yikes, she was glad her little sibling was nothing like this. How did anyone live with this kid around?

She finished unburying Nora with Tamal's help - although his "stacks" were a lot more just pushing the books to the side so they wouldn't be crushing the kid.

10. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    @WavePearl @ChocoChicken @SAF

Soon enough, Nora had been freed from the weight of the books thanks to the clubmates. With Maya and Robin putting away the books and Alex and Tamal helping Nora back on her feet.

Robyn shook her head. "Always there to cause trouble, aren't you, Morgan?" Even she wondered where Morgan got this sadistic side of her, and this wasn't the first time Robyn had asked herself that. Worse still, she wouldn't have thought that Morgan wanted to target pretty much everyone, as if the incident at Amatsu Park wasn't enough! Seemed Morgan just wanted more victims. But at least Morgan would make lemon puffs.

Soon enough, Robyn had placed the two boxes of salmon shioyaki on the coffee table and Cordelia continued to set up her equipment. Then Robyn turned to the rest of her clubmates. "Righto, let's get set up so we can practice and plan things out for the coming performance! I'll be right back. I'm just going to grab my guitar."

Robin had spent several minutes putting away the tomes (as he had done so countless times in the past). As he hauled the books upstairs to wherever Morgan found them, he passed by Robyn who had retrieved her guitar from her bedroom. Then Robyn carefully walked downstairs to meet the clubmates on the lower floor.

"Don't be shy, Maya-chan! Have some shioyaki," Robyn said, seeing that the girl appeared to have an appetite. Morgan decided to sit on the sofa and watch the clubmates set up, all while eyeing the shioyaki.

11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,137.1
    Alex gave the club leader a nod as she settled in - and by that, it really meant crouching down on the floor and whipping out her laptop with the digital sheet music files on it. She'd also need it for a backing track or two, after all.

Tamal on the other hand watched Cordelia set up. He didn't know the first thing about what she was doing, but boy did that look fascinating! He was going to get some guitar practice for his songs, but the rental would probably wait for the actual performance. For now he would have to borrow one of the Robiyns', or even Maya's as a stand in, if she'd brought it.

12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,558.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @WavePearl @122 Generation @ChocoChicken

Imagine Nora's surprise when Robyn suddenly jumped ahead of her right before the crash of books happened for Naga knows how many times now. Not that the brunette was fully safe from that either -- she was partially buried by the books while the whitehead girl took the full brunt of it. Panic ensued on the others' parts to the point that everyone helped to unbury the affected girls with Kai also rescuing the rental instruments on top of that. On one hand, he was grateful that Nora was nothing like Morgan when it comes to being an annoying little sister (if Robin's accusation was anything to go by, that is) and Nora burying Morgan in books back in the park was purely by accident. But this? It totally looked like Morgan did this on purpose, for Naga's sake!

Also, did Kai just hear Robyn being referred to as "Morgan's onee-chan"? I mean, wasn't she supposed to be Robin's baby sister?

Anyway, with Robyn and Nora safely rescued, everyone went to work. Nora checked on both the viola and electric violin (they were safely intact, thankfully) before tuning them while Kai went ahead to set up the keyboard he had painfully brought all the way from home (shouldn't be that much of a pain weren't it for the Goldenrod Square transit tho). And that's after both Hansens nabbed some shioyaki for themselves.

And by the way, about Robyn getting her guitar, did Nora just see her going upstairs for that?

13. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,842.5
    @122 Generation

"Don't mind if I do." Maya replied before taking a suitable piece of the apparently freshly made shioyaki.

Luckily, she had remembered to bring her own guitar--where was a piano to tune to?

14. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,558.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    By then Kai's keyboard was ready. Anyone with stringed instruments -- plucked or bowed -- could use it to tune their instruments. Not right away though, since Nora was using it to tune her (?) viola. Maya (and Robyn for that matter) would need to wait until Nora was done.

WavePearl likes this.
  15. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    @WavePearl @ChocoChicken

As the clubmates continued to enjoy the shioyaki while setting up their instruments at the same time, Robyn started to set up her guitar too. She had not only brought her guitar but also her laptop with her club notes, as well as the guitar capo and tuner that Robin gifted her last Christmas. Just so that she could let Nora and Maya go ahead of her and use the keyboard, Robyn tuned her guitar with her tuner and also turned on her laptop.

Cordelia smiled slightly at the sight around her. This really was looking like a real studio right now! Her DJ setup was almost done, save for plugging in a few more cables and doing a soundcheck. She had her headphones on to minimise just so she could hear her own beats, and moreover to make sure her speakers weren't causing a racket. She was mindful of Robin's preferences to not be too loud that the house might shake.

Not long after, Robin entered the room with his own guitar and started setting up with Morgan right beside him. It appeared that Morgan was still holding in her giggles from her attempt at tome stackers, but was reprimanded by Robin earlier for doing so. Even then, it seemed Robin was too nice of a person that he decided to let Morgan have a piece of shioyaki - contrary to his earlier remarks. At least Morgan had enough sense not to play around with the music equipment and possibly damaging them.

So Morgan ended up sitting on the sofa and munched on a piece of shioyaki.

@SAF

"Well, I hope we have everything we need," Robyn announced, while rubbing her bruised arms a little from the tomes. "And I sure hope that none of the rentals had gotten damaged! We have time to practice tunes together, as well as dance in the space around. Why, we can even test playing those videos with the music too! And..." she trailed off, seeing the puzzled looks on the Hansens' faces. "Uh... Anything on your mind?"

But in Robyn's mind, she was screaming inside. Oh no. Were they onto her? Nah, she must be overthinking things.

(We won't have to go through every song since we'll be doing them on the performance day, but it's a time to smooth things out if needed)

WavePearl likes this.
  16. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    Before Robyn could get any more information or details from Nora or Kai, Robin called the meeting to order. "You know, while Robyn and I were practicing Tiny Stars, I had a thought that we might as well involve a few others in this song. Kai-kun has plenty of opportunities to play piano, Maya-chan or Tamal-kun could play the single guitar notes if while Cordelia-chan plays the bass with her DJ stuff. Else, one or the other could do the bass too. How does that sound? If that happens, it may as well become a group song."

At that, Robin erased parts of the song order and scribbled in the replacement. Namely his performance would be near the beginning while Robyn's song would be closer to the end. "Um... Want to practice it? We do have the song here."
    What Kamui edited 1. Han-san
    2. Han-san
    3. Reflet (Robin)
    4. Rising Star Capella ft. Big Han-san
    5. Phoenix
    6. Azura
    7. Reflet ft. Little Han-san & Ch1ptune Group (Reflet)
    8. Rising Star Capella
    9. Ch1ptune
    10. Group (Reflet)
    11. Group (Little Han-san)

But before Robin could even go further, he was interrupted by music playing for Cordelia's equipment, causing him to look at her direction. Wait, he knew that bassline! Plus, Cordelia looked like a real professional the way she was set up.

"Tiny Stars, right, Robin-kun? You know the bass in that song is catching with that drop in the first verse," Cordelia smiled.

17. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,137.1
    "Hey, I'd be down for another group song!" Tamal flashed a thumbs-up. "The more the merrier, am I right? Sign me up!"

Alex stopped setting up her warm-ups to chime in. "It would be most convenient for you to use the same guitar for both songs. But Maya can still take the part - there will be some instrument reshuffling as is, given that Robin has bass in Cosmic I. And you've already got two songs."

Speaking of song lineup, she did note now that her solo was relatively late in - right before their closing songs, and in between two other group songs at that - AND Azura not long before. Well that definitely wasn't putting any pressure on her, of course, not at all. She coughed, looking back away from the lineup, and continued her warm-ups quietly so she'd be ready to practice Tiny Stars.

18. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9

Robin balled his fists in excitement. "Great! And since I don't have a bass at the moment, I'll just pluck away at my guitar as a mock bass when we practice." He had yet to practice Cosmic I as a group, so this was the perfect opportunity now that everyone was here.

"That reminds me, Alexa-chan! Our friend Cordelia there can play around with the layers for your song too as we discussed before. If you need beats, she can make them, I think." Robyn said. "So we'll have Robin borrow a bass on the day of... But yeah, we better make sure everyone plays the right instruments in the following song - which is my other group song."

She looked at the schedule again. "Let's see... My group song (Alternate) will require roles for sure..." Then suddenly Robyn's eyes turned into panic. "OH! I didn't even plan out who would play or sing what in Alternate! I need two more of us to sing with me. And we have to practice after too, planning out instrument roles and so on."

"Um... onee-chan..." Morgan waved her hand. "You said the Azura would be there, right? Why don't you ask her?"

Cordelia giggled. Seemed the youngest in the room had come up with the simplest solution.

(Robyn's other group song, for the record)

WavePearl likes this.
  19. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,558.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "The puzzled looks on the Hansens' faces"? It had to be Robyn's imagination because neither Hansens looked the part by the time Robyn confronted them about it. In fact, before they could properly answer her (she only could hear their "Huh?" and "What?"), Robin suggested turning Robyn's song into a group one. "Coolio," Kai gave his approval upon seeing the stars in Nora's eyes. And as for Robyn's other group song, both Hansens gave it a listen first before deciding which parts they would sing (or whether they would even sing at all).

20. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    After the song concluded, Robyn picked up her guitar. "Right! Uh... Let's get practicing, then!" she said, hoping Nora or Kai wouldn't press the issue (given their mild reactions). But before practice could begin, she helped Nora plug in for her electric violin to the amps that Robin hauled from upstairs to here. Unfortunately, there were only two amps they could use at most, which meant not everyone could plug in. But to be absolutely fair, Robyn and Robin used acoustic guitars. There would be time to use electric guitars later.

So the practice session began, first with the Hansen siblings getting in place on the wide open space the room, behind the sofas. As the session went on, Robyn tried coordinating the videos which Kai had sent her to the tunes they were playing. Kamui had already received said videos, so it was just a matter of working them in together. To further assist them, Cordelia made some complementing beats with her equipment which she played around while the music played.

On the other hand, Robin was playing Your Affection in his headphones while he practiced the choreography for the song. Once that was done, he went to practise bass notes for Cosmic I.

@SAF @ChocoChicken

After a little more practicing, Robyn went up to Kai and Tamal. "Say, you two have a song you're doing together, right? How's planning for that?"

WavePearl likes this.