1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Iris-shi High School Talent (Idol) Club! (IC)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 14, 2022.

1. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,137.1
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    "Oh, right! Sacabambaspis, isn't it?" Tamal grinned. "It should be good! I've got a lot of casual practice of it in, too. Think it's shaping up well - although Kai, are you doing all right with picking up the harmony bit?"

"Will you two need sheet music or anything?" Alex piped up. "I... may have made a few by ear the other night."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,842.5
    @ChocoChicken

"By ear?" Maya was interested. She knew some had the ability to make an accurate transcription after hearing the song once--or maybe a few times. Part of her wanted to take a look at the transcriptions to see if they were accurate...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,137.1
    "Yeah. It took me a few days, but it was just the vocal parts, which I could recreate using my own voice. Of course, this is their performance, so it's more of a guideline." Alex's reasoning probably explained why she sounded kind of... drained. How many of those did she make?

WavePearl likes this.
  4. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    @ChocoChicken @SAF

The mere mention of the song's name caused Robyn to shake her head. She could only wonder what kind of reaction the song would get at the upcoming performance. Kamui seemed to look forward to it.

"You're joking, right?" Cordelia raised an eyebrow at Tamal and Kai. "Please tell me that isn't the song's name."

"Afraid it is..." Robyn said. Turning to Alexa, she added, "Just how long did it take you to make this music? Like, even I like learning stuff by ear, but it sounds like you've put a lot into it! If you're up for it, you could always practice a tune or so."

Cordelia shook her head just like Robyn did. What kind of school idol club did she wade into? She wondered how Robyn could deal with this kind of music, even though Cordelia had seen more conventional song's on the club's Ebuto account. She decided to play around with her DJ equipment instead.

5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,558.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    The rehearsal itself went quite smoothly, though Nora still felt a bit awkward about using electric violin for many reasons:
    • She needed to get used to both it and the viola in the span of less than one week from the day she rented them; and
    • She was supposed to play the third movement of Chaos and Abyss with her usual violin instead of the electric one.
    Despite the awkwardness that ensued throughout the rehearsal, the Hansen siblings' tunes went quite well with the help of Cordelia's beats in the background (?).

"Hm? I'm good," Kai returned Tamal's grin only for it to evolve into a hearty laugh at Cordelia's disbelief. "Yeah, it's Sacabambaspis, aight," he said as soon as his laughter died down. Turning back to Tamal, Kai added, "But for the dialogue part, would you rather do the tutorial part or the 'snippy guy' part?"

6. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,842.5
    @SAF @122 Generation @ChocoChicken

Meanwhile, Maya had settled in with her own guitar and a wide variety of tabs. All the songs looked fun and challenging--the real question was which one to play in the show (therefore, which one to learn?)

7. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,137.1
    "You want to do the snipping? The voice is slightly lower, after all." Tamal gave Kai a shrug. "And what's wrong with Sacabambaspis? I picked it 'cause it's awesome. You want a quick run of it, Cordelia, Kai?"

"Oh, don't worry about it. It's just... for the club, isn't it?" Alex said to Robyn. "Everyone's gotta do their part."

8. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,558.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    "Heh, sure," Kai answered both of Tamal's questions in one sentence, this time with his smile nearly turning into a smirk. This means he had to practice his "seethingly annoyed" facade for the role as well as switching back and forth between that and his "singing mode". It's fine. 'Tis ain't his first rodeo in the acting department. He'll be fine.

Nora, meanwhile, retreated to a corner with her rental viola in tow. She practiced Testify's viola notes by plucking it.

9. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    Cordelia was more than happy to play beats to accompany the Hansens. She even insisted they play alongside her for now so that she could fine-tune the beats for whatever they needed. With the rehearsal going smoothly, the first few playthroughs of the songs were done just like that. There were minor mistakes here and there, and sometimes timing was off between instruments or even the videos on the TV.

The thing was, however, that whenever a the club had to correct or improve something, it would add more practice time because more than once would they have to redo the song again.

When Tamal suggested that the play his (in Robyn's honest opinion) ridiculous song, Cordelia gave a thumbs-up. "Let’s do it!”

(Feel free to write as detailed or not how the practice went through, or if there are things Cordelia could help with)
    For a moment, Robyn did want to ask more on Alex's hesitation in her words. But her thoughts were interrupted by Robin who came to her after finishing his silent practice of Your Affection. “Hey, the shioyaki is cooling. Let’s finish these while watch practice, shall we?”

“I want one, onii-chan!” Morgan said.

To add more to the fun, for the sake of being a school talent/idol club, Robyn recorded the club practicing together with her phone.

(Practicing Tiny Stars will be next, unless there’s anything else to sort with Cordelia or Robyn)

10. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,137.1
    The tech with syncing the "drawing" video Kai had requested went smoothly. Aside from any laughter from the other club members, the boys did fine with their practice. Despite singing the higher harmony, Tamal didn't struggle much with his singing - he had the music, after all, and he'd practice beforehand as well.

11. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    With Morgan now happily munching away at a piece of shioyaki, she watched Cordelia play around with her music equipment and jumping up and down as if she were at a party (but to be fair, she was a DJ!). It was a good thing that she was practicing downstairs here at Robin's home, else she would risk shaking the whole house, if not possibly collapse the floor. In other words, she had fun playing beats alongside Kai and Tamal, twisting dials and pressing buttons to modify sounds and otherwise matching the "drawing" video, which looked really really cool (in Robyn's opinion). This was despite the ridiculous nature of the song.

That, and she tried not to listen to the lyrics of the song, so as to not cause herself to laugh and lose focus while playing with her equipment.

@ChocoChicken @SAF @WavePearl

Afterwards, Robyn stopped recording the video and posted it to Ebuto, Bassbook, and Memogram. Then she turned to her clubmates after. “Okay! Uh… now let’s practice Tiny Stars. Alex-chan and I will be leading this with sing and dance. There’s plenty of starring violin parts as well as piano throughout. Someone meanwhile has to do rhythm guitar, lead guitar, and bass. And I’ll leave it to Cordelia-chan to do the drumbeats.”

"I have an overdrive pedal, if anyone wants to borrow it," Robin offered. "The bass on the song sounds really catchy too."

12. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,842.5
    @122 Generation

Maya had never heard this song before. Just how doable was it on an acoustic guitar? "Um...I've never played this before..."

13. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    @WavePearl

Robyn laughed. “No worries! With practice (which is why we’re here) and a chord chart or sheet music, we’ll have it done easy!”

(The performance version of the song does not have acoustic guitar)

WavePearl likes this.
  14. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,558.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @ChocoChicken @WavePearl @122 Generation

Even Nora had to take a break from her viola practice when Sacabambaspis started playing. She nibbled another shioyaki while watching, all while having to try not to choke out of laughter. After all, her brother's duet with Tamal was quite a comedy material despite some minor setbacks happening here and there.

As for the next song... Tiny Stars, right? The Hansen siblings had their respective instruments ready (in Nora's case, her electric violin), waiting for Alex to say the word...

15. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,137.1
    Alex stepped up quietly to join the other two "onstage", trying her best to shrug the stiffness from her shoulders.

"Let's do this," she muttered to them in preparation. "Robin and Robyn, you'll be on the two guitar parts, I presume?"

16. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,842.5
    @SAF

(what is Maya practicing, if anything?)

17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,899.9
    @SAF @ChocoChicken
    Robyn laughed nervously. "Uh... I actually won't be doing the guitar on this one. I'll be dancing. Robin will take on one of the guitar parts though! Whether he likes to take lead, rhythm, or bass really is up to him..." She looked over at Robin and winked at him. "Then we can have Tamal-kun or Maya-chan fight over the other two." At that, Robyn passed out chord chards and lyrics around for everyone to use.

"Then again, I know the song, so I suppose I could do the lead guitar part," Robin scratched his head. "So that leaves the rhythm and bass guitar parts. Worst case scenario, Cordelia-chan can make up bass beats for us and do the drums too."

So Robyn stepped forward to the 'stage' that was the most open area before them. It was a good thing that this floor was hardly furnished, so there was plenty of space to position instruments and make way for the dancers. Beside her, Robin got his overdrive pedal hooked up to his electric guitar and prepared to play.

The sound kicked off with a bass tune, courtesy of Cordelia, who then led Robyn and Alex to lead the rest of the song.

(The lead guitar cover of the song which Robin is offering to play, and an acoustic cover for your reference)

18. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,842.5
    @122 Generation

Maya found the rhythm chart and looked it over. This was better suited to an electric--after all, going electric wouldn't be too hard to do, right?

19. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,137.1
    @WavePearl
    Tamal, very conspicuously peeking over her shoulder at the chart, spoke up. "Hey, I'm open to doing it too. But you only have the one song, and no collabs - you should try it!"

WavePearl likes this.
  20. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,842.5
    @ChocoChicken

"Guess I'll be off to the music store to look at electrics to rent..." Maya smiled. "If I can rent one with colors I can pick, even better."