1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Iris-shi High School Talent (Idol) Club! (IC)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by 122 Generation, Jul 14, 2022.

1. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,437.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    The sound of hurried footsteps from the stairs alerted Kai as well, though he seemed more alarmed than relieved when Robyn noted that his sister looked like she had seen a ghost. "I'm okay..." Nora caught her breath just in time for Morgan to offer her a lemon puff -- and unknowingly answered Kai's dilemma for him. So now both Hansens nibbled on the lemon puffs while the younger one was taking her time to settle down.

"By the way, what are we practicing now?" Nora asked as soon as she finished her lemon puff. "Tiny Stars. Again," Kai answered, prompting his little sister to prepare the violin again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    WavePearl likes this.
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 37
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,047.1
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Alex mentally noted Nora's strange condition - was she sick or something? - but simply turned back to the music. "Right. Another run of Tiny Stars it is, then?"

"Sounds good to me!" chirped Tamal. Robyn's guitar was already ready in his hands, the bass chart not far away. Maya would have to make do with her acoustic for the rehearsal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 31
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,731.8
    @ChocoChicken

"Now, where did that guitar tab get to..." Maya mused. If this turned out well, it could make a nice acoustic cover!

4. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    @SAF @ChocoChicken @WavePearl

“Are we good? Let’s get to it!” Robyn balled her hands into excited fists. She motioned for Alexa to join her on the open space so they could resume practicing singing and dancing. "Let's do Tiny Stars!" But before Robyn could actually step up, she noticed Robin was looking worried, as if his mind was on other things. She called out to him, "Helloooo? Robin?"

"Hmm?" Robin snapped out from his momentary trance. "Oh right, right. Let's get to it."

"Aw, don't be like that! It's like you and Nora-chan are carrying a kind of disease or something," Robyn shook her fists. "Let's get to it! We're doing Tiny Stars again!"

Robin chuckled. He went to pick up his guitar to practice beside Tamal and Maya on the same chord charts. It looked like everyone was in position. Rhythm guitar, lead guitar, bass guitar, piano, violin, and DJ-produced drumbeats were set. Now all that was left was to execute the performance. Then he added, "I sure hope we won't have any technical issues either and sorting out instruments on the day of. Some of us will be using different instruments."

"That's why we're here, Robin. We can sort out the extras later!" Robyn cheered. "Alright, are we ready?"

Cordelia gave a thumbs-up and finished her lemon puff. Then she prepared to play the moment Robyn and Alexa started to sing.

(Cuing the end of this practice and moving on to the other group song for discussion)

WavePearl likes this.
  5. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,437.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @ChocoChicken @WavePearl @122 Generation

By then Nora had finished her preparations for Tiny Stars, but for some reason her ears twitched upon hearing Robyn's random comment about "Robin and Nora were carrying a kind of disease or something". Like, really? The violinist felt okay physically, though she did give her brother the "I'll tell you when we get home" look when he inquired. And like Cordelia, both Hansens prepared to play the moment Robyn and Alexa started to sing.

WavePearl likes this.
  6. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    (Sounds like Nora is about to spread gossip :sweat:)

@SAF @ChocoChicken @WavePearl

And so, the practice session for Tiny Stars went smoothly, although some areas needed tuning. Robin continued to practice the lead guitar portions (which required a lot of practice on the fingerboard) whereas Cordelia continued to make beats to match the pace of the song. Robyn and Alex practiced vocals, Tamal continued to get comfortable with the feel for bass notes (even though he was borrowing Robyn's guitar for the time being, in which he would have a proper bass guitar in the show). Then there was Maya on the rhythm guitar as she looked over the chord chart and played where she was needed (and rhythm was important!). Nora's violin resonated throughout the session, and there was no doubt that she knew what she was doing. Kai's piano portions could have been overwhelmed by the sound around him, save for the mini piano solo that Tiny Stars allowed.

After Tiny Stars was done and over with, Robin looked at his clubmates (and to Nora in particular just in case if her looks showed any trace of suspicion - after all, he was wary that Nora might have found his secret). He didn't say anything and instead looked to Robyn. "What next, Robyn?"

"Suppose we'll need to sort out... Cosmic I and Testify, was it? I think we have all our roles sorted out for these ones, so I'm wondering if there's anything we need to know about the song? Any tricks or curveballs we should be aware about?" Robyn asked. "At least, before we practice."

"I'll definitely need to test out beats for my part," Cordelia said.

(Could actually fast forward this part and go to the end of the meeting, unless there are actually certain parts that need going over)

WavePearl likes this.
  7. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 37
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,047.1
    (I'm good with skipping)
    "We should also figure out the choral vocals for Testify," Alex added. "We'll have to figure out voice blending, which leads into standing position, and..."

"I'm just excited to hear how they come out," Tamal shrugged. "But I guess she's right about the voice blending. We did work out fine the last couple group songs, though, didn't we? There's only eight of us, seven when Nora's on violin. It shouldn't be too bad."

8. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 31
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,731.8
    @ChocoChicken

"So long as it doesn't go TOO high, I could probably sing the soprano line..." Maya mused. "Otherwise, I'll sing the alto line."

9. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    "It doesn't hurt to go through the song to figure it out. That's why we're here," Robyn agreed with Alex. "Let's do exactly that. And you never know. Maya-chan might figure out which lines she'll be comfortable singing."

Cordelia went to work with her equipment to create beats for Testify in addition to the club trying to sort out the vocals and the instrumentals. Once she had created the beats, the club went to practice Testify and thoroughly went through which parts needed more practice or tuning altogether. Even Cordelia herself had to make modifications to her beats to match the tunes that the others were playing. Most if not all the girls were singing this song, with Tamal up for debate, while the others focused on playing.

7/24 Wednesday: Evening; Robin's Residence

Practicing the song had taken at least half an hour, in addition to the not-so-countless hours before from practicing the other songs. Now that everyone had a good feel of the songs, it became evident that night had fallen outside before long. One could look out the window from where they were practicing to see the backyard was very dark and - behind the hedge - the glow of the city lights of Iris-shi polluting the night sky.

"Not sure if you'll need to return the viola to Yuka Music or if you need to extend the rental," Robin said to Nora. Then he looked at Maya. "I think you mentioned you wanted to rent an electric guitar as well? You'll can pick out colours there, or - if you want - you could use whatever Shirasagi High can supply us with."

Robyn balled her hands into fists in excitement. "Looking forward to seeing this already! Either way, we have to catch the earliest train on Saturday, so let's be sure to arrive on time! It will be a disaster if we miss the train. Here, I'll show you all to the door-" Her voice stopped suddenly when she saw Robin looking at her with wide and worried eyes. Suddenly, Robyn mentally slapped herself. She had let her tongue drop a hint that suggested she lived here. "I mean, I think we're good to go. Let's pack up."

Even Cordelia hid her face so as not to give away anything. Gosh, why did this have to happen? She silently disconnected her cords and wires in preparation for leaving for the door. "I'll meet you all at the door."

10. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 31
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,731.8
    @122 Generation

"I wouldn't mind having a look at what electrics the music store has to rent..." Maya smiled. "Either way, it may take me a little bit to get used to an electric, so let's get it sooner rather than later.

11. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,437.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    @122 Generation @ChocoChicken @WavePearl (Sorry for the holdup, people.)

Speaking of Testify, Nora switched her (?) electric violin for the viola. It was a 14 inch viola, somewhat comparable to the full-sized violin Nora currently had. Took her awhile to get used to its different tuning (CGDA instead of violin's GDAE) before eventually joining the others on finagling the song's vocals and instrumentals. And once Cordelia was done(-ish) with the beats, the club went to practice Testify starting from Nora singing its intro ("Darkest night, I'll confront you here").

Overall, the practice session went well -- about as well as one would expect when finagling details here and there was necessary. And it was night already by the time the practice session had ended. The siblings packed their respective instruments -- never mind that the younger one had her work doubled -- with Nora responding to Robin's musing, "Eh, I'm good. The rent's until the D-day anyway." And Kai? He couldn't help but to raise an eyebrow at Robyn's slip of the tongue (I'm sorry, what? he thought) despite not knowing the context in the first place.

#1431 Feb 10, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
    122 Generation likes this.
  12. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 37
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,047.1
    "I might also have to pick something out, right? Unless Maya and I will share the bass and rental guitar, that is." Tamal piped up.

Alex on the other hand simply packed up what she had, quietly. There were a few issues to sort out in the remaining songs, but that would be another time to worry.

Her thoughts were so focused on that she missed Robyn's odd comment. Tamal, on the other hand, looked towards her, then at Kai's reaction, and then back at her, all without any reaction. Had it flown over his head? Or... she was familiar with this place, then?

WavePearl likes this.
  13. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    (All good - Also, gotta love the distinction of CGDA to the GDAE. Also, I can't read alto clef)

@WavePearl @SAF @ChocoChicken

"Rental...?" Robyn muttered (but not before singing her part "Let me forget everything..."). Then she raised her head. "Oh right! Everyone, make sure you give me your rental receipts later when you're done with the instruments. I'll try to get you reimbursed by the school for the rental since it technically is a school-sanctioned event. Someone has to pay for them, but it shouldn't be us students with no source of income!" She looked at Maya too, as if to signal that she could do the same for renting an electric guitar.

By the time Robyn had finished editing the videos' timing during the practice session, everyone else had packed their belongings and were ready to leave. Cordelia had packed her DJ equipment away and was first to go to the door to put on her shoes. Robyn had also packed her guitar away and had gone to the foyer to get her shoes too.

Morgan, who had finished putting away the empty container of lemon puffs, raised her head. "Um... onii-chan, why is onee-chan going with them...?"

"Go and shower first, Morgan. I'll see everyone out," Robin automatically said. In his bones, he was extremely worried for the events that transcended today. He had a suspicion that Nora might possibly have entered Robyn's room (but he had no proof), and there was more than one occasion that Robyn had dropped a hint that she lived here. For Naga's sake, trying to keep a secret like this was like trying to hold a conspiracy for as long as possible. Honestly, how did real conspiracies work? Trying to maintain this one was as difficult enough as it was, and Morgan wasn't making it any easier!

Soon enough, with Morgan upstairs, it was time for (almost) everyone to leave Robin's home. It was dark outside, but not too dark that it was pitch-black. Rather, for a warm summer, it was possible to see the streaks of the sunset in the sky, which gave the summer night sky an air of warmth.

"Alright, everyone," Robyn said. "I'm glad how this session turned out and I think we're ready for this. Now remember, we're all meeting at Iris-shi Station this Saturday! Make sure you don't forget anything when you arrive."

Robin added, "If you need a ride home, I can have Chrom's driver come to pick you all up."

"That would be... greatly appreciated, Robin," Robyn said. "Uh... I think I left my laptop charger inside. Uh, you guys go ahead without me! I don't want to keep you from getting home, so I'll see you Saturday!"

With that said, Robyn placed her guitar near the stairs, removed her shoes, and walked back into Robin's home. Cordelia nodded at Robin. "Thanks for hosting, Robin-kun. I'll see you then." Then the redhead went on her way to walk to Ylisse Street, where she would catch the shuttle bus right on schedule (Cordelia had a tendency to time things perfectly).

SAF likes this.
  14. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 31
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,731.8
    @122 Generation

The sun was going down as Maya departed the house, so it was a little late to stop by the music store. After texting her mom that she was on her way home, Maya caught the bus home. She made a mental note to go by the music store and look at the electric guitars.

15. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 37
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,047.1
    Alex and Tamal, too, took the buses, around the same time as Maya did. Although their stops were different, as Tamal had noted before, it was still best to keep an eye out for each other, especially when it was getting this late.

Logically speaking, it made sense for Tamal to also check out the rentals with Maya for the concert, or given his future, possibly invest in a guitar of his own. Whether or not he would remember this, though, only time would tell.

16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,437.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Welp, thanks. Had to do some research on viola when I wrote that. Also, I can't read alto clef either.)

As for the Hansens, they would have walked home if they could, but it was getting dark out there and they were carrying three instruments with them. One alternative would be taking up Robin's offer to have Prince Chrom's driver take them home (wait, really?), but there's also Cordelia who took a bus ride with her DJ gear in tow, so the siblings decided to take a bus as well.

Once the pair got home, after dinner and bath, Nora told her brother about everything she had seen in one of the bedrooms at Robin's house. Her audacity did surprise him, yes, though Kai also kind of expected the club's resident whiteheads to date each other considering he had seen those two together a little too often even prior to the talent-idol club's formation. That said, the siblings decided to keep this random fact to themselves for now -- Naga knew how long it would actually last.

122 Generation and WavePearl like this.
  17. 122 Generation

Belle
    (Bellossom)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20,869.1
    (Would love to record the number of times Kai saw Robyn and Robin together)

@WavePearl @ChocoChicken @SAF

Robyn peeked out the window to make sure no one else from the club remained or were hanging around in the area of Robin's home. She breathed a sigh of relief that no one had bothered to turn around to find that she never left the house. Then she and Robin enjoyed a quiet dinner together with the leftover shioyaki. With all said and done, Robyn first went to take a shower before jumping onto her bed with her Meloetta doll in her arm, but not before going to her laptop and sending one last email to everyone ("Hey everyone! We're meeting at the station's Hee Ho Mart tomorrow. Be sure to arrive early! You do NOT want to miss the train!"). Shortly after she went back to her room, Robin went to take his shower before going to bed.

7/27 Saturday: Morning; Iris-shi Station

Three days later, the weekend arrived. Although the morning was cool, the coolness was only temporary as the sun rose in the horizon and brought the summer heat with it. It did not take long for the air to warm up along with the dryness in the air that would make anyone's throats crave for water. Then as the sun continued to rise, it was evident that Iris-shi was basking in a typical summer morning. For any given student, this would normally be a time to hang out with friends, plan out excursions, or simply find something to do to let the summer days pass. Why, even planning for an anime convention was not out of the question.

But not for Robyn and Robin, who had woken up at the same time, ate breakfast at the same time, and left home at the same time with their instruments and bags as they went to catch the shuttle bus which took them down the hill to Iris-shi Station. After they disembarked from the bus at the bus loop, they walked the short distance to the entrance of the train station which led them to the concourse. From there, they waited outside the Hee Ho Mart as per previous instruction. But even if no one read the email, the Hee Ho Mart at Iris-shi Station was kind of hard to miss since it was at the entrance.

"I sure hope everyone arrives," Robyn said.

"They will. It'll be just like last time," Robin replied.

As it happened, Cordelia had just gotten off her bus and walked toward the station.

18. WavePearl

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 31
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,731.8
    @122 Generation

Maya arrived at the konbini not long after. She had brought a little money just in case she wanted to get a snack or a small meal while the group was out. They may even already be cooking some of their famous chicken tenders--called Hee Ho Birds.

19. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 37
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,047.1
    Alex, too, arrived on time, Tamal not far after. Alexa seemed a little out of it, but hurried over to the Robiyns nonetheless.

"Sorry if I look tired," she muttered to the two as they slowed down. "For once, Tamal was calling me as a reminder this morning."

"Hey, call it returning the favor for all those times when we were younger!"

"Did it have to be at five though?"

"Hehe."

122 Generation, SAF and WavePearl like this.
  20. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,437.1
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    (Man, gotta love the Hee Ho Birds brand for Hee Ho Mart's chicken tenders.)

And then the appointment day came. Seems like the Hansens were the last ones to arrive at the station -- specifically its Hee Ho Mart. Nora could be seen carrying both violins (her own on her back and the rental one carried by hand) while Kai was carrying the viola. Plus, there was a backpacker bag on the older brother's back. It was fully packed with stuff like both siblings' stage dresses (they currently dressed casually for the train trip), some water bottles, and other whatnots.

"Hey, guys," Kai greeted everyone present with his sister's "Aaah, sorry--" ensuing as she caught up with him. "Are we late?"

#1440 Feb 17, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2024