1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 2 New Evolutions and Pre-Evolutions!

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Pixel, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Out of the 100 new Pokémon that were introduced in Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver, quite a few of them are either new evolutions or pre-evolutions of Pokémon from the original 151.

First up, we've got the new evolutions. These Pokémon evolved from Generation I Pokémon using various mechanics, such as new evolutionary stones, evolving with happiness, evolving during certain times of day, and trading while holding an item. These Pokémon include Crobat, Bellossom, Politoed, Espeon, Umbreon, Slowking, Steelix, Scizor, Kingdra, Porygon2, Hitmontop, and Blissey.

On the other end of the spectrum, we've got the new pre-evolutions. These Pokémon are all classified as Baby Pokémon, and rightfully so, as they can usually only be found by breeding two Pokémon that are in a higher stage of evolution together to create Pokémon Eggs that hatch into these cute additions to the Pokédex. These Pokémon include Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, and Magby.

So, out of all these Pokémon, which are your favourites? Are there any that you just can't stand? Comment down below and start discussing these cool additions to old favourites! Also, if you weren't aware, Pokémon that evolve into the Pokémon listed in the "new evolutions" section are actually set to appear more frequently in this section of LV, so if you're missing anything from your Catcher Collection, why not stick around here and try to find it!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I loved all of them except for Politoed and Magby... couldn't tell you why; they just don't...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Umbreon, Espeon and Scizor are my favs, they fit the evolutionary lines so well and with scizor it makes an amazing finish to Scyther, well start and finish. I really feel that there is no need for pre-evos, it is kinda muddling up the lines and just makes an annoying bit to breed

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    The baby pokes were mostly a bad addition. They are annoying to breed, very weak, and often have a bad design.

Cadbberry likes this.
  5. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Completely usless to the game other then expanding the dex

6. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Exactly. Weirdly enough the inly baby Poke I do like is Pichu. But there didn't need to be like 10 new babies that eff up your game.

7. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Especially when you can only breed some with special conditions, like it needs late game hold item, it needs a female of this Pokémon, etc

8. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    The incenses were so annoying to get and to actually use. And the fact you have to evolve to the basic form makes it even more tedious.

9. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of the baby Pokémon. Their designs are cute enough but they're pretty meh. They're super nostalgic to me though so I don't hate them!
    I love all the evolutions though! They were great additions!

10. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I never cared about the baby pokémon, why even bother adding them? They're all so weak and their designs are usually bad.

11. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    The next step has to be is that you can only breed them on a tuesday at 5 and one egg a day. It is just a ridiculous way to allow us to breed Pokémon required to finish the Pokédex

12. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    No wonder I have never finished the Jotho Dex. Like ffffuuuuuu

Cadbberry likes this.
  13. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    To be completely honest, I'm fine with the baby Pokémon and all, but what makes me hate them is the fact that most need high friendship in order to evolve them. And as we all know, that takes a LONG time. Don't even get me started with it.

Cadbberry likes this.
  14. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Oh, baby Pokémon. I don't really like any of them to be honest. I find it really annoying to get some of them, and most of the babies aren't even that good of a design. The only one I actually kind of like is Pichu, but the other ones can go disappear XD

But for new evolutions, I have to say that I love Umbreon and Espeon, as well as Porygon2. The little dark type Eeveelution has always been my favorite, with Espeon right behind it. And Porygon2 actually looks kinda cute to me, and it's fun to use (I'm a little biased with that because I have one in my Crystal nuzlocke lmao).

15. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    The baby Pokémon were alright. Only really good for breeding purposes and learning egg moves. If I had to pick, Cleffa or Elekid would be my favorites.

As for the evolutions; Scizor is ny personal fave

16. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I don't really like Magby, what on earth is going on with its head? It looks like Magby got beaten up and has dozens of painful knots on its head like a classic Looney Toons character. :(

17. DeleteAbsol

DeleteAbsol Absol-utely Bad

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Umbreon, Espeon, and Togepi are some of the most memorable in my eyes, Togepi because it was literally the first ever egg I had hatched, and then Espeon and Umbreon because Friendship! ^_^
    Course we also have the admit that the Day and Night cycle was actually pretty revolutionary for its time, as well as actually making more use of trading with other people.

18. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I thought baby Pokémon were really cute! However, I rarely used them and mostly kept them in my PC lol. Most of them if not all evolve with friendship, which can take quite a while in these games compared to recent ones. The friendship evolution, combined with their evolved forms being catchable, and their lower stats made them less than ideal to train.

The new evolutions were fantastic! Blissey, Scizor, Porygon2, Slowking, Espeon, Umbreon, and the like are all really great Pokémon that are still seen quite often on the competitive scene. I think it's great when Pokémon get new evolutions and diversity across different generations. I really hope Pokémon like these continue to be made because a lot of my favorites tend to be these kind!

19. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Baby Pokémon are cute, but I HATE them. I can't even tell you why. I don't even have a reason, I just hate them.

My favorite new Pokémon was 100% Kingdra. Water/Dragon was really OP back in pre Gen6 days. I love it's looks and how good it is in battle!

now can the eighth gym leaders stop using them?? you know what you did clair and juan.

20. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Scizor and Kingdra were always my favorites, and are actually still both very high on my list of all time favs as well. Especially Scizor. Does anyone remember that old flash game on the official Pokémon website where you'd have to use Pikachu to battle Scizor? I played that way too many times as a kid.